Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Honestly, to me that looks like a GV room that has a little bonus in that you can kind of see some water. I wouldn't want to pay for a water view and barely see any water.
Agree. That sure doesn't seem worth the extra money for waterview. Erika, let us know if you question them about the view.

Would you consider this water view?

D08AA2D4-C4D6-4860-8787-A1686AE4C79F_zps9glnefps.jpg

Seems a bit of a stretch. But I guess we can technically see water. ;)
This looks like the exact view we had during our stay Dec.1-7. We were in room 5635 and it was classified as garden view. It was a smaller room, maybe classified as one of the "dormer" rooms. I had booked lagoon (water) view, but we were upgraded to Club Level garden view. We were thrilled since it was our first Club Level stay, the room was near elevators and the lounge. If you look left off the balcony, you could see a bit of the lake, and Stormalong Bay was straight ahead. Needless to say, we were very pleased with the upgrade to Club Level and I thought Club Level trumped water view!

My DD's got me the same!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

22 Days till we check in at the BC!!
Have an awesome trip! Will you be carrying your new darling at the parks? I think I'm going to take my DB sketch backpack with me on our March trip. Say hi to the beautiful BC for me!

I know things are kind of crazy this time of year but when you get a chance can you add us to the BOG list for next year.

November 13-21 BC CL garden view (celebrating DH 60th).

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I have a quick question--we are going to be staying at the YC for the first time in June. We have stayed at many of the other resorts before, so wDW resorts Are not new for me. We are a big family -* people this time--due to an extra friend that we are bringing. I have made my reservations for 2 garden view rooms. I know that the connecting rooms are not always granted-although, we have always gotten them. My question is, if we do get connecting room, is there a chance we can get the daybed as well? I think I would choose a daybed over connecting rooms, if I had the choice. Is the option available to choose daybed when doing online check in?

Thanks!!

Have an awesome trip! Will you be carrying your new darling at the parks? I think I'm going to take my DB sketch backpack with me on our March trip. Say hi to the beautiful BC for me!

Thank you!

I will probably bring it along but I may not carry it to the parks, depending on the weather.

:goodvibespage 341-343

Still trying to dig out from getting way behind.

I haven't used it at the YC yet but can explain how it works at the Grand, I would think it would work the same. It is an awesome perk. The service isn't only for extra FPs. About five days before your trip you get an email from IPO with a number to text. You then text them your name and arrival day and time. You can text them any questions or ask for help even before arrival. You can text after arrival to request additional FP's, dining or anything you need help with. They also can text to remind you of your upcoming FP time and dining time, but I have found that to be hit or miss...don't rely on it or you could miss your FP time. You are texting IPO so they can do anything the IPO office normally does.

Thanks for this info!

:welcome: if this is your first, or one of the first, times posting here.

:thumbsup2

Dee - We used the service several times last May. Yes, the 4th Fast Pass is available via text service once you scan at both check points for your 3rd FP. We requested our 4th FP this way a couple of times while waiting in line to use our 3rd FP. Also, another very helpul use of texting service was for ADR's. We got a B&C lunch ADR that way while we were leaving the MK on our way back to BC. Love this service.

Thanks!!! I'll try to put together a short description for Page 1.

:goodvibes:

Finally replying 4 months later... If you haven't already, please feel free to add my mini-review post and photos (http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...tion-questions.3400342/page-239#post-54373294) to the Trip Report/Review section on page 1 :)

Thanks so much. I have a few recent reviews I would like to add, but I haven't done it yet.

:cool2:

Finally getting caught up after our trip to the World earlier this month! Stayed at the Poly but made sure to visit YC/BC to see the beautiful Christmas decorations. My son could have watched that train all afternoon!!

Being there reminded us how much we loved that area, so decided to book YC for our first adults-only trip next year to celebrate my 40th!! So excited to be able to stroll over to Epcot without a stroller :) Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list Feb 26-28? Was really hoping to secure a CL room, but there are none available. Anyone know if they are normally excluded from the passholder discounts, or if this is due to the construction??

Teena, so sorry we will miss you :( - was hoping to finally get to meet you in person. Wishing you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!!

:welcome: back!

Will do!

Like the others, I suspect that the YC refurb has something to do with the lack of availability of CL rooms in February.

::yes::

Hi, could you please amend my date on the BOG. I see I'm down for May but we go Oct, finally got our flights booked 24th Oct till 7th Nov.
Looking forward to the Halloween activities again, they were excellent last time, F&W and hoping to get the first MVMCP! Fingers crossed for an early first party!

So is the October trip instead of the May, or in addition to?

I'll make the change.

:cool1:

Can you put us on the bog list at Beach Club June 17-28, celebrating our DD 18th birthday and HS graduation. Also our 25th anniversary.

Thanks!

:welcome:

That's a lot of fantastic things to celebrate.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I found a candle at Yankee Candle that smells very similar to the much loved Beach Club smell, its called Turquoise Sky. I put a small tart in our bedroom to try out and my husband commented on how much it smells like the Beach Club. I know lots of us are always trying to get our fix. We were not planning on returning until 2018 but we decided that we cannot wait that long so we will be back early summer of 2017. We are going to Disneyland this summer to hold us over until then. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays.
@TeenaS my family and I hope all goes well for you and the move, I know you will enjoy being with your girls.

Thanks for the tip on the candle. I will have to look at the front page- I have some substitute fragrences mentioned, I don't think Turquoise Sky has been mentioned before, though.

:goodvibes

natebenma is there info you would like to know while I am here ?

OK, now I have thought of something, but not a big deal if you don't see this in time.

Lots of curiosity about the clock/iPhone docking situation. If you could snap a close-up picture of whatever is currently in your room right now, that would be great.

Thanks!

page 344-347

CAUGHT UP!!! (I think...)

Can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for June 16-23?

Will do!

:cool1:

We've booked our bounce back to stay at the Beach Club CL for Sept 10-16. We haven't stayed there in a few years. Now to start planning.....:duck:

:welcome: back!!!

Headed to Beach Club DVC for our honeymoon from May 10-21 2016. Super excited to visit beach club and also explore disney for only my second time. :)

:welcome: and congratulations!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Lots of info here on this thread (Page 1) and in the other forums of the DIS. Happy planning and please let us know if you have any questions.

:cheer2:

New to Beach Club! Just booked a garden room for Aug 2016. Open to suggestions and recommendations for best garden rooms/locations!! Also, any information a newbie to BC needs to know is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

As Mike suggested, Page 1 of this thread (particularly Posts 13 FAQ and 14 Other Useful Info). The Beach Club View Thread he referred to is in the Resort Community subforum. For a BC Garden View, our favorite rooms has been one that looks over the BC Back Entrance (lakeside) courtyard. If you go back a few pages you will see the disputed garden/water view Erika (TigrLvsPooh) has posted. GREAT people watching.

Let us know if you have other questions along the way.

:goodvibes:

Dec 4-10 BC GV

Got it!

Let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

I have a quick question--we are going to be staying at the YC for the first time in June. We have stayed at many of the other resorts before, so wDW resorts Are not new for me. We are a big family -* people this time--due to an extra friend that we are bringing. I have made my reservations for 2 garden view rooms. I know that the connecting rooms are not always granted-although, we have always gotten them. My question is, if we do get connecting room, is there a chance we can get the daybed as well? I think I would choose a daybed over connecting rooms, if I had the choice. Is the option available to choose daybed when doing online check in?

Thanks!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I don't believe that daybed is currently a choice for online checkin. Call in your room requests (you can do this now) to Disney's Central Reservations Office. If you have booked through a travel agency, they need to do this for you. Make sure the priority of your requests is clear.

"Daybed in one/both rooms, please. Connecting Rooms, if possible" Make sure the reservations are "linked" and that the room assigners are aware that you are traveling together.

I know things are kind of crazy this time of year but when you get a chance can you add us to the BOG list for next year.

November 13-21 BC CL garden view (celebrating DH 60th).

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Good to have you coming again.

:hyper:

Starting to plan some details for our trip in March. We arrive at MCO at 11:30 am and will be heading straight to the Yacht Club. We are hoping for an early check in but if that doesn't happen we will be be perfectly happy to spend a few hours hanging out at beautiful Stormalong Bay. I think I can hear a Sunken Treasure calling my name already......

Saturday evening we have dinner ressies at O'hana followed by a few hours at MK. We love the parks at night! On Sunday we are planning some more pool time, followed by mini golf at Fantasia. We are then heading over for an early dinner at Sci-Fi and a fun filled evening at the Studios. Monday morning we are trying Cape May Cafe for Minnie's Beach Breakfast. Epcot is the call of the day with the "Behind the Seeds" tour booked. We are up bright and early for the "Marceline to Magic" tour at MK on Tuesday followed by a late lunch at Whispering Canyon. We are going to attempt to conquer the "Kitchen Sink" at "Beaches and Cream" on Tuesday night.

Wednesday we will be heading off to Typhoon Lagoon for a fun day of play, followed by dinner at Narcoosees and EMH at MK. Thursday is our AK day with a lunch planned at Yak and Yeti. We may be brave or crazy enough to try Disney Springs for St Patty's in the evening! Friday is a Blizzard Beach day with dinner planned for Chefs de France and EMH at Epcot. Sadly we have to return to the real world on Saturday.......I really want to stay in the Disney bubble forever!

So looking forward to being back and soaking up some beautiful Florida sunshine at the lovely Yacht Club. How many sleeps is it until March 12th?? Just a little excited!

Sounds like some fabulous plans! I really want to do the Behind the Seeds tour. It is short, it is relatively inexpensive and I love the Living with the Land attraction!

Bummer Dee! I arrive on 1/21. I was really hoping we could finally meet. I have only met 'flat' Dee at the 2010 DIS Meet!

Kerry

I was SO excited for a day when I thought we were going to be there at the same time.

:(

Someday, I hope!

Last edited:
:goodvibespage 341-343

Still trying to dig out from getting way behind.

Thanks for this info!

:welcome: if this is your first, or one of the first, times posting here.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes that was my first post on this thread...I've been reading along looking for information on the CL lounge and room rehab. We're staying at the YC Feb 3-9. It's been about 2 years since we last stayed at the YC.

Erika, I would not consider that a water view either, if Disney does it needs to reclassify some of their rooms. Same with other resorts that have trees grown up to block views...better yet trim the trees. :rolleyes1

Teena, Congrats on selling your house so quickly, you will be missed at the BC, but what better reason to leave than to be near your girls. I'm sure you don't remember but I had the pleasure to meet you a couple of years ago, I was with those crazy GF Gals. :crazy:

Well, we are off to Magic Kingdom today for the first of three visits there. The girls had a fantastic Christmas on the 26th. Tomorrow we check into Wilderness Lodge for two nights to make this vacation a little extra special.

Keep your fingers crossed the park isn't closed due to capacity by the time we get there!!!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes that was my first post on this thread...I've been reading along looking for information on the CL lounge and room rehab. We're staying at the YC Feb 3-9. It's been about 2 years since we last stayed at the YC.

Erika, I would not consider that a water view either, if Disney does it needs to reclassify some of their rooms. Same with other resorts that have trees grown up to block views...better yet trim the trees. :rolleyes1

Teena, Congrats on selling your house so quickly, you will be missed at the BC, but what better reason to leave than to be near your girls. I'm sure you don't remember but I had the pleasure to meet you a couple of years ago, I was with those crazy GF Gals. :crazy:

I'll put you on the list.

I'll be interested to hear when the room rehabs start at the YC. I'm guessing that the YC CL rooms will be started shortly after the new year.

I agree that the view Erika is a garden view. We had a similar view and I loved the people-watching but if you are paying for waterview, you should be getting more than those peek-a-boo views.

I have FINALLY caught up from the past two weeks and I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all the additions/changes you have posted. But I would appreciate it if you would take an extra close peek to be sure I have the correct information for your trip. Let me know if anything needs to be revised.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Would you consider this water view?

D08AA2D4-C4D6-4860-8787-A1686AE4C79F_zps9glnefps.jpg

Seems a bit of a stretch. But I guess we can technically see water. ;)

Erika, I had that exact same view at the Beach Club CL (might have even the same room lol), but I had booked garden view CL and that is what I got. I was told by CMs that the whole of that little wing/hallway is classified as garden view CL, some with that view, and others on the other side of the hallway with a view of the lawn.

Hello! I would love to be added to the list! We'll be staying Yacht Club CL from 3/11 - 3/14 and then will be moving to the Polynesian until the 22nd. I am heading off now to check out the room view thread, because all that was available for us was standard view. I'm glad to be able to see what we can expect.

Thank you for all of the information here! I had fun getting caught up!

Does anyone have photos of the new Yacht Club Regatta Lounge? I noticed on the first page it said it opened on December 13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter