Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

oops sorry quote didn't work. Yes, can you recommend a good area to request our room when we arrive Saturday? Would love to be able to face at least some of the boardwalk or lake if possible. I know i may not get that since we have a standard garden view but i thought i would kindly ask if i had some good information. Thanks :) :)

Are you at the beach club or yacht club because we are on the beach club CL

Does anyone know the exact dates for the 2016 food and wine festival? I saw the dates in the little Christmas booklet at the resorts but I lost the booklet. I don't want to plan my vacation for the last weekend of the festival (Epcot will be insane).

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Thanks so much!! We are just so excited! I will let you know if we switch to YC! Thanks for all you do on this board! I read along a bit when trying to choose a resort- and this location along with you guys swayed me to BC/YC! Everyone here is so nice and friendly! Our dates are April 29-May 6.

I'll pencil you in on the BOG list for April 29 at the BC. You can let me know if you change to the YC. Or not. Doesn't really matter.

;)[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the exact dates for the 2016 food and wine festival? I saw the dates in the little Christmas booklet at the resorts but I lost the booklet. I don't want to plan my vacation for the last weekend of the festival (Epcot will be insane).

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

September 23 - November 14, 2016. Cast Member preview is generally the day before of 9/22/16--this is open to all but may not have all of the offerings available.

September 23 - November 14, 2016. Cast Member preview is generally the day before of 9/22/16--this is open to all but may not have all of the offerings available.

Thank you so much. We were there one year at Epcot for the last weekend of the food and wine festival and it was like a drunkin' party.

Let the planning begin!!!!

We've booked our bounce back to stay at the Beach Club CL for Sept 10-16. We haven't stayed there in a few years. Now to start planning.....:duck:

page 339-341

Anyone stay in a standard view room where the view wasn't so bad? The best of the worst? Any within easy access of the quiet pool? Thank you! We stayed once at the Beach Club a few years ago and really liked it but I like to try a different resort each trip.

I answered one of your questions later in the thread, but I don't think I gave you an official :welcome: here!

I think you said your trip is in August. Beach Club or Yacht Club?

I have started threads in the Resorts Community subforums - Beach Club Room Views and Yacht Club Room Views, where guests have provided samples of views from the different room categories. That will give you some ideas of some of the possible standard views. I had a standard view room at the Beach Club, Club Level, that overlooked the parking lot. I could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and I had an excellent, but distant view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

:goodvibes

I usually prefer the ground floor so that would work. Do you happen to remember the room numbers? I am going to try and figure out if there is a row of first floor rooms facing in that are considered standard view. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any standard view room on the ground floor of the Yacht or Beach Club. By definition, SV rooms have a view of a rooftop or parking lot. I think all of the ground floor space adjacent to the parking lot is public space (lobby, Marketplace, restaurants, etc.) I believe the person who talked about these rooms booked SV but was upgraded to rooms with other views.

:)

We just returned from a 2 night stay at BCV followed by one night at YC CL. The CMs were very friendly and helpful at both resorts. There was a snag in that we never received the text alert with our room number from the BC, so we had to call from the park to get it all sorted out. You could smell the gingerbread throughout the BC main floor; it was wonderful. I think I may have liked the YC just a bit more because it was quieter and calmer, but I loved the ambiance at both. :) The CL lounge at the YC was nice, but my big complaint was they didn't have any bottled water available, even on request. We didn't get to try the hors d'oeuvres or desserts, but the breakfast and snack selections were nice with a decent variety.

Thank you so much for the comments about your stay. We really appreciate hearing what you thought of the resorts.

:thumbsup2

Starting to plan some details for our trip in March. We arrive at MCO at 11:30 am and will be heading straight to the Yacht Club. We are hoping for an early check in but if that doesn't happen we will be be perfectly happy to spend a few hours hanging out at beautiful Stormalong Bay. I think I can hear a Sunken Treasure calling my name already......

Saturday evening we have dinner ressies at O'hana followed by a few hours at MK. We love the parks at night! On Sunday we are planning some more pool time, followed by mini golf at Fantasia. We are then heading over for an early dinner at Sci-Fi and a fun filled evening at the Studios. Monday morning we are trying Cape May Cafe for Minnie's Beach Breakfast. Epcot is the call of the day with the "Behind the Seeds" tour booked. We are up bright and early for the "Marceline to Magic" tour at MK on Tuesday followed by a late lunch at Whispering Canyon. We are going to attempt to conquer the "Kitchen Sink" at "Beaches and Cream" on Tuesday night.

Wednesday we will be heading off to Typhoon Lagoon for a fun day of play, followed by dinner at Narcoosees and EMH at MK. Thursday is our AK day with a lunch planned at Yak and Yeti. We may be brave or crazy enough to try Disney Springs for St Patty's in the evening! Friday is a Blizzard Beach day with dinner planned for Chefs de France and EMH at Epcot. Sadly we have to return to the real world on Saturday.......I really want to stay in the Disney bubble forever!

So looking forward to being back and soaking up some beautiful Florida sunshine at the lovely Yacht Club. How many sleeps is it until March 12th?? Just a little excited!

Question to the people who drink, what do you price the average price of a bottle of beer at Disney would be

Dee, Just got up reading. I am so glad you are OK from the car accident. Hope the person that caused it, finally came clean. Frustrating when people just don't do the right thing! Karma has a way of catching up
Teena, Congrats on the sale of your home. I am sure your girls are over the moon to have you with them soon. Best of luck with the move. I hope you and Dee will fit a little fun in with the packing.

New to Beach Club! Just booked a garden room for Aug 2016. Open to suggestions and recommendations for best garden rooms/locations!! Also, any information a newbie to BC needs to know is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

quiet pool is a need! Glad this one will be NOT under construction. The main pool may be too much for our 15 year old. but we are glad to try it out!

Well ... it is official. My last day at the Beach Club will be January 25. Happy the house is sold. Unhappy because it's way too fast. I thought I had a few more months. So now I will be just like the rest of you ... counting down the days until my trip to WDW!!! And with Princess Lily, I'm sure it will be at least twice a year!!! In the meantime, stay tuned. Lily and Jeanne arrive Christmas night and after we celebrate Christmas on the 26th, we will be at the parks every day until they leave on January 2nd. So look for us if you are going to be at WDW over Christmas and if not, look for the pictures Dee will post off and on.

Congratulations Teena! I'm sure Jeanne & Lily will be so happy to be with you! Have a very Merry Christmas with your girls! Best wishes on your move! I want to thank you for all the help you gave me in the past and for all your kindness. I will miss seeing you at the Beach Club, but will think of you every time I'm there. Hugs to you & your girls.:santa::grouphug:

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

Dec :santa:

HARASW early Dec YC
jamerican Dec BCV studio
Oswin Dec YC
boundfordisney Dec YC
Texian@WDW Dec BC
DetroitDisney Dec BC or YC
jecon Dec YC
DEDisneylover Dec BC
steves100 week before Christmas BCV
rangerxenos Dec YC
kmorlock Dec 11-19 changed to VWL

princessmelinda Dec 2-9 YC
JoeyAnyc Dec 3-7 BC
DIS-OH Dec 4-6 YC (Allears Anniversary Party)
ready2vacation Dec 4-12 BC CL
dnw25 Dec 4-12 YC
JPDtheJD Dec 5-10 ??
KAT4DISNEY Dec 5-10 BCV
Lifelong_Dreamer Dec 6-12 BC
lovemygoofy Dec 6-12 BC WV
cocoabean1 Dec 6-14 YC WV (35th Anniversary) :love2:
AGoofykindagirl Dec 7-12 BC Holiday Fun
rcraw45425 Dec 11-14 YC
Katesdad Dec 11-17 BCV ("Seeing the Light")
Traceylee Dec 11-20 BC
Donald Duck888 Dec 12-18 BC
iona Dec 12-26 BCV
spacy9 Dec 13-?? YC CL
Seia Dec 15-17 BCV then YC CL 1 night (following ??)
Timshar2 Dec 15-23 BC
focusondisney Dec 16-19 YC CL GV (after CR, celebrating Christmas and 60)
MrToadfan Dec 16-19 BC (Bye Bye Osborne Lights)
ChristophersMom2 Dec 17-23 BC CL
Zummi525 Dec 17-26 BCV
Dr Gunnie Dec 18-23 BC SV
sbeets Dec 20-?? BC
Mainemama Dec 20-23 YC
rapunzelmom Dec 20-26 YC
miked0292 Dec 22-26 BC CL
TigrLvsPooh Dec 24-26 BC (after GF)
HFC1969 Christmas week YC
DonaldDuckFamily Dec 25-Jan 5 BC
butternut Dec 26-31 YC
Ferrentinos Dec 26-Jan 2 BC
Steelerman04 Dec 29-?? YC CL
madsmom22 Dec 29-Jan 6 BC (followed by POP Jan 6-10), Disney Half
izzylovesmickey Dec 30-Jan 5 BC

sarahb74 2016 BC

January :hourglass

JanetMom Jan 2-9 (or longer if she discovers the secret closet) BWI (yes, wrong resort, but her heart is with BC)

HumblePie Jan 2016 BC (Big BD celebration)

dpswift Jan 3-5 BC (after POFQ)
Lollipop's Mom Jan 4-12 YC
rteetz Jan 6-11 YC CL (Marathon Weekend)
MickeyT Jan 6-11 BCV **7th Annual Family Marathon Weekend**
PCFriar80 Jan 6-14 BCV (Disney Marathon)
maganda Jan 8-12 YC (4th Annual Marathon weekend)
mickeymomtx Jan 13-17 BC CL with DH (after POFQ 1/9-13 with sister)
ThreeKMom Jan 17-23 BC
pokanos Jan 19-27 BC
parith1114 Jan 22-25 BC? CL SV (girls trip)
btk2333 Jan 23-31 BCV
kimj88 Jan 27-Feb 1 BCV (after Poly stay 1/23-27)
NPRinLA Jan 30-Feb 6 YC CL (BD trip)

February :love:

amylevan Feb 2016 BC or YC
SwanVT2 Feb 2016 BCV (DD3's first trip)
figmentedfollies Feb 2016 prob YC, friends trip
captaindavidhook Feb 2016 (maybe)
renes Feb 2016 YC GV
CampbellScot Feb YC
eastendlights Feb/Mar BC CL LV

MadisonMouse13 Feb 12-20 BC
mynameistaken Feb 14 YC
KerryCM Feb 17-24 BC (44th Anniversary :love:)
DIS-OH Feb 18-22 BC (Princess Half)
eeyoreland Feb 29-March 4 BC

March :shamrock:

JaimeK March YC (maybe)
canadiandisneymommy March BCV (maybe)
DSLRuser March 8 days YC

shellyb84 March 8-10 YC (then 3 nights CBR)
GraceMonica March 10-13 YC CL SV (Birthday)
MrToadfan March 12-19 YC CL
suse66 March 12-19 YC
TPTraveler March 19-26 Poly/BC Spring Break Split with sister & family

April :butterfly

doccoc2002 April YC (moved to Poly)
krist315 April BC
Conno April 2016 YC
adear11 April BC 9 days

summerw April 2-13 BC (hopefully) (split with AoA LM, 3/31-4/2)
TeacherDL April 3-6 BCV 1BR (split stay with Universal)
nancyjo1998 April 8-10 BC
Cait8383 April 8-11 YC
ALK$Disney April 9 (before cruise) BC
Kathy K April 10-16 BC
MaC410 April 11-21 YC Honeymoon :love:
MickeyT April 14-18 BCV (Star Wars Weekend Race)
momtwoboys April 15-22 BCV studio
gwynne April 16-22 YC CL
sarahann77 April 20-23 BC (with mom)
Sorrel April 21-May ?? (2 weeks) YC
Best_Vacation_EVER! April 29-May 10 BC CL WV
csmolu April 30-May 8 YC CL SV

May :daisy:

Nicnic May 2016 BC
The Littles May 2016
Tess May 2016 BCV
daughertyk May Y
Christine9125 May 2016 YC Honeymoon :love:

Jon84 May 3-11 BC
CowgirlTN May 6-9 BCV 1BR
louey May 21-27 2016 YC (Girls Trip)
Supermom3 May 24-30 BC
39CINDERELLA May 26-June ?? BC
cantoine May 27-30 BC Premium Plan
MamaToDavis May 28-June 3 BC
Hi Pluto May 30-June 5 BC/POR

June :cool2:

sydneysmom June
trimad22 June BC
jeremy1002 June BC
helenb June YC
Avery & Todd June BC
msdroz June YC or BC?

TristiK June 5-12 YC GV
Jfsag123 June 6-12 BCV (followed by 6 nights BLT)
DawnMaree June 8-12 YC CL SV (after CR TPV)
msdroz June 9-15 BC
disny_luvr June 18-25 BC (Twins 10th BD)
kraeurb June 20-26 (after US/Poly, celebrating 8th grade grad and confirmation)
RWathen June 24-July 5 (DD 16th BD)

July :hippie:

Danex July
Fie08 July BC CL
ellie&mattysmom July, 6 nights BC or YC???

ixmnrs July 3-10 YC (conference)
shellyb84 July 5-12 BC (after 3 nights Poly, DD 6th BD)
SMP88 July 5-13 BC Honeymoon :love:
Kansasdisneygal July 26-Aug 4 BC Honeymoon :love2:
rlahansler July 30-Aug 5 BCV 2BR (then Universal)

August :sunny:

gemini2727 Aug 2016
gomets Aug YC
ReluctantDisaholic Aug 2016 YC 3 nights (split with Poly/GF)
Sunshine11 Aug 2016 YC or BC?
LorrieAnn5 BC
tink228 maybe, Aug YC or BC?

DisneyYahoo Aug 6-15 BCV
BuzzyBelle Aug 7-14 BCV
mommyrosa2 Aug 10-18 BC
HubbDave Aug 14-21 BC
MYD714 Aug 16-24 BC
ah10is Aug 19-23 YC (followed by Poly 8/23-27)
Nicholmom3 Aug 19-27 BC
clambert1273 Aug 19-27 BC
zokaluse Aug 19-29 BC (after RPR 8/14, then Dream Cruise 8/29 and FL beaches)
johnvideo Aug 21-27 BC
rchampagne Aug 21-27 BC
Pinkgirl Aug 21-Sept 2 2016 YC
Sarahb Aug 21-Sept 2 BC 2016 BC
KristenGoebel Aug 22-29 BC
jester Aug 22-30 BC CL
MarkE83 Aug 23-Sept 2 YC
mom_of_2 Aug 24-31 BC
gomets Aug 25-Sept 1 YC
momofmickey Aug 26-Sept 3 YC

Sept :teacher:

EmmaMagsMom Labor Day

tinkerbella16 Sept 3-10 BC (3 rooms)
Rags Sept 4-11 BC
crazymomof4 Sept 9-19 BC (maybe)
courtneybeth Sept 17-20 BC
kimmy85 Sept 18-23 BCV
mcurrence Sept 23 (then Fantasy cruise)
tinkerpea Sept-Oct 2016 BC

October :hmghost:

SpaceMtnGirl Oct 1-8 BC SV
izzylovesmickey Oct 3-8 BC (after Dream Cruise, 25th Anniversary :love2:)
Elevationist Oct 22-28 BC GV
Grandma G Oct 22-29
Hopefully Oct 22-29 BCV 1BR (Food & Wine)
Melanie415 Oct 23-28 BCV 1BR (after BLT)

November :squirrel:

Three Cats Nov 2016 2 weeks
Gilrond Nov 2-7 YC CL
cocoabean1 Nov 11-20 BC CL WV
Family Loves Disney Nov 18-26 BC GV
JediBonas Nov 20-Dec 8 BC
Jon84 Nov 24-Dec 8 2016 BC
ClareH37 Nov 27-Dec 3 YC CL LV

December :santa:

mustlovecats Dec 4-11 BC CL GV
debvee Dec 4-10 BC GV

louey YC Family Vacation
CerysG mid Aug 2017 YC
bluecastle Oct 2017 BCV (maybe)
jaceraden Nov 2017 BCV?

Last edited:
Dec 14, page 335
May 30 page 334 (Locked Thread)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter