Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

:fish:

In addition - I decorated one of my older bands with a metallic nail polish, made it nice and sparkly, but the readers did have trouble with it. That one has now been retired!

I read in the FAQ the YC CL lounge started renovations this month. I can't find official information about this renovation. (and I am a member of DisneyTravelAgents.com). Does anyone know what arrangements are made for those staying on CL during the renovations and when the lounge is supposed to be completed? TIA

:welcome: to the thread!

News about the YC refurb has not been announced officially by anyone at the resort/Disney. The best we can do is guess about the timetable based on the length of time of the recent BC renovations. The work on the lounge at the Beach Club took place from mid Aug to early/mid October, I think. So a couple of months. But the space of the lounge was expanded into a couple of guest rooms. We haven't heard if the same will be happening at the YC.

The lounge offerings are currently being served in the Presidential Suite at the YC. Same thing happened at the BC during the rehab.

Sometime after the lounge is done, the rooms on the club level (5th floor) will be worked on. The entire floor was closed while work on the rooms near the lounge (and maybe the whole floor?). I believe guests who had reservations at the BC CL at that time were given a choice of moving to YC CL, possibly downgrading to a regular room with a refund or to be moved to another resort.

A temporary lounge was set up in one of the other suites to accommodate guests who had deluxe rooms or suites not on the 5th floor until the lounge and 5th floor rooms were completed.

:thumbsup2

ETA: I see in your signature that you are staying in December. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Last edited:
Beach Club Villas View from 560 Studio Resize Oct.2015.jpg Just got back from a FABULOUS split stay BCV studio and Poly studio!:thumbsup2 We were PLEASANTLY surprised with the room condition! VERY CLEAN:cheer2:, no complaints and when we were there the carpets/hallways did not have any odor! Only saw 1 food tray hanging around in the halls which was good! We had "magical" connections between the time we landed at MCO on DME to the time we arrived at BC, 3rd stop, first CBR, BWI, and then BC, was 1 hr 5 min! :PinkbouncHad a great lunch at Boardwalk bakery and got a text at 1:30PM that our room was ready which was SUPER!:goodvibes VERY HAPPY with studio 560, HUGE BALCONY overlooking pool, lovely view of canal too, was one of the villas on our "requests"! CM's checking in/out were very nice and efficient! Stormalong Bay was BEAUTIFUL :beach:and relaxing as always and was very convenient as we had friends staying at the Dolphin. F&W was fabulous, but we avoided Fri,Sat,and Sun. CAN'T WAIT to experience the BCV when renovated, think they will be REALLY NICE! Was impressed with the cleanliness of the villa pool and both early mornings witnessed staff cleaning the pool and surrounding pool area very diligently. Asked a front desk CM about renovation "timeline" and all she could say was she heard early 2016. HOPE that anyone staying at BCV will have a great stay as we did and your mind is "eased" a little about condition !:dance3: THANKS TO ALL on this board who provided great tips to make our trip more enjoyable!:flower1:For all planning trips, ENJOY!:goodvibes

Last edited:

Our granddaughter is due January 5th. Our reservation for BCV's start on January 6th. I was told that's a little early.

I blame my son for poor family planning.....

You are so funny! :rotfl2: Who knows maybe your granddaughter will arrive a little early so she can be totally pampered by you before your trip:goodvibes
Many congratulations to you all on this soon-to-be here new family member:goodvibes

News about the YC refurb has not been announced officially by anyone at the resort/Disney. The best we can do is guess about the timetable based on the length of time of the recent BC renovations. The work on the lounge at the Beach Club took place from mid Aug to early/mid October, I think. So a couple of months. But the space of the lounge was expanded into a couple of guest rooms. We haven't heard if the same will be happening at the YC.

The lounge offerings are currently being served in the Presidential Suite at the YC. Same thing happened at the BC during the rehab.

Sometime after the lounge is done, the rooms on the club level (5th floor) will be worked on. The entire floor was closed while work on the rooms near the lounge (and maybe the whole floor?). I believe guests who had reservations at the BC CL at that time were given a choice of moving to YC CL, possibly downgrading to a regular room with a refund or to be moved to another resort.

A temporary lounge was set up in one of the other suites to accommodate guests who had deluxe rooms or suites not on the 5th floor until the lounge and 5th floor rooms were completed.

So, I get a PIN code and felt I needed to extend the offer to my sons + one lovely GF of Younger DS. Positive response from DS and his GF. So, now we are booked YC CL end of May after their college finals are complete. I will let you know firm dates once I know for sure. Excited about trying new YC CL (the discount was 30% off at YC and only 20% at BC). I am not even going to ask about opinion if room renovations will be done by then!

At each of the entrances to Stormalong Bay, there will be a CM stationed with a Magic Band reader. They will scan the band of everyone entering the pool area, I believe even babies. Then they will give you a band to wear. Not quite sure why they need to do that, but maybe for people like you who do not want to wear the bands in the water. You can take off your band, but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving an unattended band with my stuff. There are free lockers you can use when you are in the pool area- they are close to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

:fish:

Is this true? When I was there in February they were certainly not scanning Magic Bands for entrance.

We will be at the YC CL in Dec. I haven't heard anything from Disney notifying me of the renovations. Has anyone staying during that timeframe heard anything from Disney???

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hmmm. Our Magic Bands were scanned at SAB all of my trips this past year - December 2014, May 2015 and August 2015.

Maybe it was because February isn't very busy? We did have DVC bands on our Magic Bands so maybe they just looked at those and assumed we were good to go in?

We just got back from the BC on Monday and our Magic Bands were scanned the first couple of days, and then the scanners weren't working on the last two days, so they just asked you what resort you were staying in and let you walk in. They only gave you a wristband if you were going in and out of the pool area. People using the Pirate Slide were given wristbands.

Hi guys! Leaving for the BC next week - so excited! I just saw on the disneyfoodblog that the resorts are getting new mugs. I was just curious if anyone had seen them at the BC (or even BW bakery). Thanks! And sorry if this was already discussed (it probably was and I missed it!)

Hi guys! Leaving for the BC next week - so excited! I just saw on the disneyfoodblog that the resorts are getting new mugs. I was just curious if anyone had seen them at the BC (or even BW bakery). Thanks! And sorry if this was already discussed (it probably was and I missed it!)
We were just at the BC and they still had the old mugs - lots of them. I wish we were able to buy the new ones.

Hi all :D

I am joining in this thread again as we are staying at the YC for 2 weeks from 21st April! Please add us to the list!

A little info about me...I got so much wonderful info from this thread before our first ever stay there in May this year. This had always been our dream resort, and from the moment we stepped into our room we were hooked. Unfortunately, on our first morning my DH started with a very heavy cold (bordering on flu). After 4 days of him being sick and us being very limited in what we could do, I got it (very kind of him to share >:( ). We then had 4 days of being totally confined to our room, apart from a trip to Centracare, while I enjoyed a bout of severe bronchitis. We managed to get out and about and have a lot of fun in the second week, but we were slower than usual. As a measure...we only had two cocktails the entire holiday! No Sunken Treasures either 8-) So, this time we are doing it all again, and hoping we get the fab room and view we did last time. As hotels go, if you are going to be sick and confined to your room then this is the one to do it in :P I am a teeny bit concerned about the room refurb timeline, but I will worry about that closer to the time when we have more info about it.

Looking forward to joining in here :) I know how lovely this thread is.

Hi all :D

I am joining in this thread again as we are staying at the YC for 2 weeks from 21st April! Please add us to the list!

A little info about me...I got so much wonderful info from this thread before our first ever stay there in May this year. This had always been our dream resort, and from the moment we stepped into our room we were hooked. Unfortunately, on our first morning my DH started with a very heavy cold (bordering on flu). After 4 days of him being sick and us being very limited in what we could do, I got it (very kind of him to share >:( ). We then had 4 days of being totally confined to our room, apart from a trip to Centracare, while I enjoyed a bout of severe bronchitis. We managed to get out and about and have a lot of fun in the second week, but we were slower than usual. As a measure...we only had two cocktails the entire holiday! No Sunken Treasures either 8-) So, this time we are doing it all again, and hoping we get the fab room and view we did last time. As hotels go, if you are going to be sick and confined to your room then this is the one to do it in :P I am a teeny bit concerned about the room refurb timeline, but I will worry about that closer to the time when we have more info about it.

Looking forward to joining in here :) I know how lovely this thread is.

That really stinks that you both got sick and missed out on the fun! I sure hope your next trip is perfect!

I can't tell you how many times I've come down with a head cold or sinus infection immediately after I travel - I've always assumed it was from the recirculated air in on the airplane, along with all the nasty stuff on the tray tables, seats, arms, etc. I'm sure they don't wipe all that stuff down between flights - heck on this past trip, they hadn't even cleaned the trash out of the seat pocket in front of us - and we splurged for 1st class in honor of our Anniversary trip. Just think about how many yucky germs and viruses are lurking on every surface!

Home and settled from our trip . We had an absolutely magical time. We were in room 1522 and loved it, I wasn't so sure about a ground floor room but we truly enjoyed it, it was along the path the the "secret door" was on and it was super convenient. All our requests we pretty much met, I requested full balcony, king bed and connecting rooms with my parents. Our room had a queen bed with pull out sofa, which was very comfy. We stayed one night at POR and while the grounds were beautiful and our room was nice it was so far away from everything. The one nice thing was the hot water was nice and hot while at the BC it didn't get very hot.
We did a lot of things this trip that we have never done before such as seeing Cirque de Soleil, Typhoon Lagoon, Family Magic Tour and getting a family photo shoot. We also met Teena and had a nice conversation with her !!! Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 68

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!