Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That would be wonderful, thank you for offering to check! :)
Hard boiled eggs are at the marketplace. They are in the Grab and Go section of the refrigerators with the yogurt and salads. The price was $2.95, but I don't know how many eggs. I saw at least 2 eggs in the container, but didn't look close enough to see if there were more. I'm apparently not made out for detective work!

Beach Club Room 2590- King Bed/sofa bed room with bar sink

I finally had the time to upload the pictures and add them to the Beach Club Room View Post

Room 2590- Garden View

King bed, plus sofa bed
Full balcony (all rooms in this stretch had full balconies, 3rd floor rooms above had small ones)
Extra "bar sink" on a counter by sofabed
Small bathroom (double sinks, but inside bathroom with toilet/tub instead of outside)
Overlooks secret path to BCV / woods backing onto UK in Epcot

Pictures and Description provided by bookbabe_disneynut

Wow. These pictures are amazing. Is this an average, run of the mill garden view? Do they all have the "bar sink"?

Hard boiled eggs are at the marketplace. They are in the Grab and Go section of the refrigerators with the yogurt and salads. The price was $2.95, but I don't know how many eggs. I saw at least 2 eggs in the container, but didn't look close enough to see if there were more. I'm apparently not made out for detective work!
You're awesome! Thanks for checking for me!

Wow. These pictures are amazing. Is this an average, run of the mill garden view? Do they all have the "bar sink"?

No, this is a very rare configuration. Not many rooms have King Beds and even fewer rooms have the bar sinks. I think the room "books" the same as the regular garden views, but there is not a high likelihood of getting this particular room. There may be additional rooms at the Beach Club with these attributes, but if so, it is not many.

::yes::

That is an interesting room but it was not where the monkeys were caged!

bookbabe_disneynut sent the pictures to me so I posted them.

I haven't posted the monkey room yet (heck, I just got them to tell me the room number!!!). Although it just occurred to me this morning that the room was close to ours 2590/2594.

It was very close to ours. View looks very similar. If I was sent the pictures of that view, I would guess that was room 2590! Or maybe I would guess 2594.

Ahh yes! Torture the youth we must! He must learn of our middle aged ways. First it starts with the early bird special, then comes the coupon and finally the zip lock bag which allows us to abscond with our buffet treasures and feeds our addiction to the pretzel bread!

Resistance is futile, he WILL be assimilated! Orthopedic shoes and elastic waist pants are his future. He should probably start training now. Mwa ha ha!!!

~NM

This reminds me of the legend my mom likes to tell of my great-grandma lining her purse with tin foil when visiting the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth, MI for their all-you-can-eat "world famous" chicken. Well, for my great-grandmother, it was all-you-can-fit-in-your-purse. I have yet to live up to her frugal ways, but it's an aspiration of mine.

Thought I would share our favorite BC room--#1523. This is a water view category on the quiet pool and very close to the not so secret door and EPCOT.

Florida20131047_zpsdc532139.jpg

Florida20131048_zps309c261c.jpg

Clearly this is pre-renovation, but we were lucky enough to get our request for this room granted on two separate occasions, 2009 and 2013. These photos were taken (clearly based upon the photo dating) in May of 2013. :love: Unfortunately, our luck ran out in 2013 and we have not received this request since. Loved the location to the pool--a few doors from the exit to the pool area and close to the not so secret entrance from/exit to EPCOT. :sad:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

We don't know the answer about when the work on the villas will be completed, in fact we don't even know when they will be started. Although there has been talk and I think even something recently printed in some DVC literature that the work would start sometime in early 2016. As soon as I get credible information that I trust to be accurate about the renovations at BCV and the upcoming YC room rehab, I add the information in the very first post of this thread.

DVC friends- do Magic Bands automatically come with a villa stay or do you have to purchase them? Does it matter if you are staying on points or cash?

I have done a couple of Beach Club/Universal splits and there are a few options for transportation. No shuttle transportation is offered by the resort or Disney. We take a private car service (Ed Korgan travel) that is around $50 plus tip between Disney and US and another $50 plus tip from US to the MCO airport. Mears offers a shared shuttle at a per person cost. I think Dreams Unlimited still has a package deal that includes tickets and transportation to the Universal parks. Uber is another option- a few of used Uber to get around on a recent trip and we found it to be a reasonably-priced way to get around.

:woohoo:

:wizard:
Thank you. So excited to be back.

Awsome. To clairfy what goes on your Magi Bands? Room key, park tickets and how about dining plan?
Your MagicBands will link to everything in your MDE account, which includes the dining plan. You can even use it for purchases if you want to add a card to it.

One month from now we will be getting ready for arrival night dinner at the Yachtsmans Steakhouse. We arrive at MCO about 9:45 AM. We will head to Epcot for a bit and settle in, then return to BCV and unpack and get our Garden Grocer order put away sometime late afternoon/early evening to prepare for a busy F & W Festival week. I am so very excited!!!!!

No, this is a very rare configuration. Not many rooms have King Beds and even fewer rooms have the bar sinks. I think the room "books" the same as the regular garden views, but there is not a high likelihood of getting this particular room. There may be additional rooms at the Beach Club with these attributes, but if so, it is not many.

::yes::

Yeah, 2590 was so unusual, I just had to take pics. (Thanks for posting them!)

I've stayed in a ton of king rooms and a couple of 2queens at BC, and this is the first time I've encountered the bar sink in the living area and the bathroom sinks inside the tub/toilet area. The bar sink was really nice, the bathroom layout not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter