Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sounds like something else SIL will use as another excuse against ever going on this trip (as if she already hasn't done enough). By Thursday you will be back to the normal afternoon downpour that lasts an hour and it's over. I really hope you, the rest of your family, and your father who this is all about and the reason for the trip, have a great time. Be sure to post and let us know how it all goes.
Katesdad

Thank you! She is resigned that the trip is happening and my brother has spent lots of time talking with her...she is trying, he says, and I think that is true in both senses of the word! I wish I could understand and find some way to help her at least get enjoyment from her kid's enjoyment, but she is not very empathetic. She now says she has mouth pain, pulled a muscle in her back and has severe motion sickness, and my youngest niece is not allowed to walk due to recent issues with shin splints. I am just gonna be like Elsa....let it gooooooo let it goooooo....lol.

It is what it is. Oh. Just in.....we booked the illuminations fireworks cruise....doing balloons and birthday banner. She does not want to do the fireworks cruise because she does not care for fireworks.

We have reservations for dinner at the captain's grill for all 10. She said they want to skip it and go to the luau,(5:15) just my brother and SIL, leaving us with 5 kids and dad! And originally they wanted to skip the fireworks cruise!!!!! We convinced them should try to make it....they think they will be back for 8pm...ugh.

Let it gooooooo....let it goooooooooo....

We've eaten there 4 or 5 times and love everything about it. But this time, the duck on the menu was absolutely spectacular! It was the single best thing I ate on this entire trip! Unfortunately, the "frozen" dance party going on outside ruined the old Hollywood soundtrack they usually play. You could hear a steady "Thump" at all times. I mentioned this to the manager on duty while complementing the meal & the service. She remarked that she has this same complaint about the frozen music several times a day. Such a bummer! I love the movie, but hate how it is dominating all the parks..

Right now the actual front entrance of YC is under construction, so currently, the YC bus stop is at the convention center. Buses are stopping at the BC entrance as usual.
We had lunch at Brown Derby yesterday. Love the Cobb Salad!

Hi everyone! We just returned from our first stay at Beach Club and we absolutely fell in love with this resort!!! Thanks for all of the helpful information here. I loved the short walk to Epcot and the fresh new look of the rooms and hallways. The renovations were really well done! My son loved SAB of course.

We booked a Labor Day "magical deal" and paid $202/night including taxes. The price could not be beat. We booked a standard view room and only made requests via online check-in. They were high floor and near elevators. We were supposed to have streamlined check-in but I was having trouble with email on my phone while I was away so I went and checked in upon arrival anyways since I hadn't heard anything. This was at approximately 11:30am. We had a lovely CM, Ronna, help us. She had a room available for us at that time but she explained it was a wheelchair accessible room and described what some of the differences might be. We accepted it because my mother was with me and she is used to having handles in her shower and certain accommodations so we thought it would be nice. I am so glad we were given this room. It was room #2606 and it was HUGE! We had a ginormous balcony (bigger than even a full size balcony) extra space in the room itself and the bathroom and a full pull-out sofa in addition to the two queen beds. We overlooked a grassy area and gazebo roof as well as the covered area where you can eat outside of the marketplace.

I will share pics once I get them uploaded. Thanks again for all the info and help!

We were right below you in room 1606! We checked out Wednesday. Our room wasn't handicapped accessible, though. I posted a lot of room pics a couple of pages back, I'm curious if they were the same! I LOVED our room, so much space.

I'm so happy all of you traveling to WDW in the next few days won't have to deal with a major hurricane! Have a great time, everyone!

Hi everyone! We just returned from our first stay at Beach Club and we absolutely fell in love with this resort!!! Thanks for all of the helpful information here. I loved the short walk to Epcot and the fresh new look of the rooms and hallways. The renovations were really well done! My son loved SAB of course.

We booked a Labor Day "magical deal" and paid $202/night including taxes. The price could not be beat. We booked a standard view room and only made requests via online check-in. They were high floor and near elevators. We were supposed to have streamlined check-in but I was having trouble with email on my phone while I was away so I went and checked in upon arrival anyways since I hadn't heard anything. This was at approximately 11:30am. We had a lovely CM, Ronna, help us. She had a room available for us at that time but she explained it was a wheelchair accessible room and described what some of the differences might be. We accepted it because my mother was with me and she is used to having handles in her shower and certain accommodations so we thought it would be nice. I am so glad we were given this room. It was room #2606 and it was HUGE! We had a ginormous balcony (bigger than even a full size balcony) extra space in the room itself and the bathroom and a full pull-out sofa in addition to the two queen beds. We overlooked a grassy area and gazebo roof as well as the covered area where you can eat outside of the marketplace.

I will share pics once I get them uploaded. Thanks again for all the info and help!
Sounds like an AWESOME trip and a GREAT RATE!:woohoo:::yes::

We landed at MCO at 10:20am and we are sitting at the POR dock waiting for the boat to DTD. This has been one of the fastest arrivals ever. And the sun is peeking out of the clouds. I hope the rain stays away. :).

Awesome! I love an early arrival and getting there before you expect to. We found DTD to be in much better shape than when we were there in March. Had dinner at the Boathouse, LOVED it. Enjoy your trip!

:banana::angel::thumbsup2Y
Don't worry about Flight delays going home. Wood Nymph will let us bunk with her and the family at Port Orleans Riverside .

I'm bringing my camera but it's a waterproof one. We have to take the Synchronized Pool Tube Team team picture for the Olympic yearbook.

Who is this Erica chick that might be there the same time as us? Is It Erika Murphy ( hopeful look!) ???

~NM

Erika is/was a tropical storm heading towards Florida.....the storm is named Erika. I think her last name is Storm...

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

We've had a few issues today, it started by my husband accidentally locking my daughters car keys in her trunk with no spare set. Had to wait for aaa to come so no MK this morning. Wile we were waiting I went to concierge to reset my pin because I was unable to charge to my MB. After he fixed it he told me I needed to go to registration so I go stand in that line. She looked at me like I was crazy and said I didn't need to come here but she checked it and said I was good to go so we went to Epcit and took the boys on NEMO and then hung out with the fish in the aquarium. On the way back to BC we saw Soarin was only a 10 minute wait but we went to SAB instead. Had some piña colavas and sunken treasures. Tried to pay with MB didn't work, really! Had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's, wasn't impressed. My hamburger was raw won't be trying that again. My daughter got a text that her room was ready so we are off to the 3rd floor. MB doesn't work it doesn't even read it. Saw a CM and they said they would send a runner up. While we were waiting I got a text that my room was ready so my son-in-law stayed there and we went to my room. MB would not open my door it did turn red so I saw a maid and she got a CM supervisor who confirmed my info with someone on the phone and then let me in the room. We are still waiting for a runner to come but I managed to take a pic of my awesome view the board walk will look nice at night

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1
We will be at the yacht club this November and are booked in a standard room. What request would you pick when checking in online? This is a new resort for us so I am unsure of what to request.

Quiet room is not a priority but it would be nice to be closer to the lobby

How does water work in the parks/hotels? If I have a refillable mug....can I refill it with water? Is the water they would use for this not to be trusted (I know the tap isn't great so we've ordered bottled water). We don't drink soda much at all, but would I be able to get acceptable water refills in the mugs?

You can get a cup of ice water at any QS if you ask. I am sure you can get it at a TS also.

I checked the links on the first page but didn't see what I was looking for.

What kind of coffeemakers are in the BC rooms? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my Keriug.

I checked the links on the first page but didn't see what I was looking for.

What kind of coffeemakers are in the BC rooms? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my Keriug.
It's in post 14 on page 1 after the fireworks photos. The machines use coffee pods.

Would you say the beach club is fairly full or not? I am seeing lots of posts about upgrades. We are checking in Thursday in standard rooms which are just fine for us but I am dreaming...of course...

Our reservation on MDE 'my reservations' page shows
Check In: Thursday, September 3, 2015
Check Out: Monday, September 7, 2015
Room Type: Standard View

Is that where people are seeing the room type change? When did it change to show the upgraded room type?

Would you say the beach club is fairly full or not? I am seeing lots of posts about upgrades. We are checking in Thursday in standard rooms which are just fine for us but I am dreaming...of course...

Our reservation on MDE 'my reservations' page shows
Check In: Thursday, September 3, 2015
Check Out: Monday, September 7, 2015
Room Type: Standard View

Is that where people are seeing the room type change? When did it change to show the upgraded room type?

I think the resort is pretty full right now

I noticed last night that my reservation had changed which was the night before I checked in. If I understand correctly they assign rooms approximately 3 days in advance so you could start looking when it gets close to your checkin day.

We requested connecting rooms with our daughter, we each got connecting rooms but hers was on the 3rd floor and ours is on the 4th floor. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter