Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello all!

Sorry my live reports stopped mid-week. It's really hard to keep up with them. We are home now...our wonderful trip is over. Beach Club is still our favorite resort.

We stayed in Room 5674 at BC and overlooked the front entrance. The room had no views of Spaceship Earth or Wishes. Our room had a daybed (which is all I cared about) and a full balcony. We all loved the expanded CL lounge! The lounge servers were fantastic - some more than others. Maija was our favorite! We also spoke with Chef Chris at length. He was super friendly and fun to talk to. And it was such a surprise to run into izzylovesmickey in the lounge! It was great chatting with you! :goodvibes

We switched to a Poly studio last night and we all missed BC and SAB! The Poly pool isn't the same. There are a TON of little (7 and younger) kids at the pool. And with the small size of the pool (compared to SAB) it looked like the Atlantic Ocean after the Titanic hit the iceberg. Bobbing heads were everywhere! And it was an overcast day....can't imagine how crowded it would be if it were super hot and sunny! Our room was nice but kind of cramped in the living space. The bathrooms took up about 1/3 of the room. The bathroom with the toilet was MASSIVE! It was pretty convenient to hop on the monorail to MK then back to the Poly beach for Wishes. How better to end our trip than with Wishes? With a Dole Whip! The Dole Whip stand is open until Midnight....perfect for those snack credits that expired at Midnight! :)

I just downloaded 794 pictures from my phone to my computer. Who's ready to see pictures? :magnify:
Hmmm, I had hope with the new kids area opened that would draw them over. It looks super cute!

Love Your Pics!!!!!! The CL offerings look amazing!! Did you happen to try the quinoa fruit salad? And those desserts :love:

Miscellaneous resort photos

That crane is for the third Soarin' theater.

Our room is the one in the upper right hand corner before the hallway turns.

Walking back from Epcot right before IllumiNations. Sorry it's so blurry.

Our favorite greeter!

I ADORE this shower curtain. I want one for my bathroom at home!

Cute towel shape for our bathmat. I was surprised to get one since I had heard Mousekeeping was no longer allowed to make fancy shapes.

What amazing pictures!! I am going to start at the bottom and scroll back :) It's a super long post.
My family and I hope to be going here June 2016. The DS company I sell for just told us that we can earn an all expenses paid trip and this is where we would be staying so I am soaking up ALL the info I can!

Back to ready -- thank you so much the resort looks AMAZING!!

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pics with us!! Everything looks gorgeous - very glad you had a great trip :)

SNIP
We switched to a Poly studio last night and the toilet was MASSIVE!

Oh my gosh, did anybody fall in while using this giant toilet? I am headed to the Poly in a couple of weeks with Rebecca and Nannette. I think I will wear my water wings just in case, every time I have to use the bathroom.

waterwings.jpg

~NM

Oh my gosh, did anybody fall in while using this giant toilet? I am headed to the Poly in a couple of weeks with Rebecca and Nannette. I think I will wear my water wings just in case, every time I have to use the bathroom.

waterwings.jpg

~NM

The three of you could have a tea party in that bathroom! One person can sit on the throne while the other two "ladies in waiting" can sit on the floor or play twister!

We have a stay booked for 8/5-8/9. We currently have 8/5 at the Beach Club and the other 3 nights at the Yacht Club. Neither had availability for all 4 nights. Going for a medical conference, I assume the availability is only rooms at the conference rate. I've been calling, so far nothing has opened up to put the whole stay together.
Anyone have any guess whether we'll have better luck at check in? Such a short stay so really don't want to move rooms if we don't have to....

Ummm, last year I nearly spit my coffee out on that pic!!! Well, I just made a fresh cup, sat down to my afternoon Dis fix. and what pops up??? that darn "we won't call it what we really want to" towel animal LOLOLOLOL!!!!

My first thought was the sames yours and everyone else's. About all I can say is that the seemed like they left my room unfinished that day. I popped in to drop off something and the mouse keeping tag was on the door next door not mine, but things were in odd places as if she meant to return and hadn't yet. I was in the room for five minutes before leaving and assumed the "animal" would be completed when my room was finished. But all was the same when I returned hours later.

It was also the last creation I received during my stay.

Probably the same thing that came to mine. :rolleyes1

When I took the pic aside from amusing my FB friends, I was tempted to ask someone there what it was, thinking they had a list of approved animals and I possibly had an unartistic mouse keeper who was trying to make a Mickey and got that instead. Knowing it is all up to the person I am glad I didn't as I might have gotten her in trouble w/o meaning to.

THIS is the elusive Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal!!!

Rumored to have been developed by Imagineers after a night of heavy drinking, this combo-animal reflects the fact that there is only so much you can do to make a passable towel animal and that sometimes it is best just to fake it.

It is speculated that thousands of years from now cultural anthropologists still will have no workable explanation for the existence of this particular towel animal. Confusion will reign and rumors will start, leading to the development of "Hidden Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal icons" upon which an obsession will inexplicably emerge. This will be followed by a cottage industry in self published books listing where to find such hidden "Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal" icons. Millions of these books will be sold to unsophisticated readers everywhere.

~NM

Too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter