Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our last trip to WDW, we probably spend $100 just on bottle waters, so I promised my husband that we'll be smarter this year :rolleyes:. I'm thinking of using Orlando grocery express where they can deliver to the hotel in person. Has anyone use them and what do you think? Or any other suggestions on how we can have water bottles deliver to BC without them going to the convention center? :smooth:

Never heard of them. DVC people often use either Garden Grocer or We Go Shop.

My bad- I have it listed as a SV in the view thread because the guest who stayed there thought it was because of the rooftops. I'll change the designation. Glad the room is ok for you!

:)

I can see where it could be questionable. Because of the roof. It's not ideal that's for sure.

I am probably the only person staying in a regular sized room with three full grown adults and two children but I don't want to ask or know if it will be too crowded because there is no turning back now and I can only pray for a magical pixie dust upgrade of some sort (which I should never ask for).

We are staying for 5 nights with 3 adults and 2 kids. Have previously done that at Poly when 1 of the kids was an infant so we also had a pack n play - plenty of room. Enjoy!

WOOT!! 19 days till out first (and hopefully many more) stay in BC!! The kids been watching SAB pool videos on Youtube and can't wait to experience it. Do we need to bring our own towels from the room or they have some in the pool? I understand that life vests are provided in the pool?

Our last trip to WDW, we probably spend $100 just on bottle waters, so I promised my husband that we'll be smarter this year :rolleyes:. I'm thinking of using Orlando grocery express where they can deliver to the hotel in person. Has anyone use them and what do you think? Or any other suggestions on how we can have water bottles deliver to BC without them going to the convention center?

Gosh... I've been planning this trip for more than 6 months but I feel like we're barely ready for it!!! :smooth:
Rather than buy bottled water anywhere, buy filtered bottles like the kind by Brita, mine are by Glad, and fill them at fountains. They paid for themselves many times over. The filter makes the icky water taste like bottled.

Garden Grocer.... Ok I'll check them out. Thank you

Also check out Turner Drugs. They deliver drug store stuff to front desk. They also sell drinks. You could call and find out if they deliver drinks to front desk or convention center, if you aren't ordering enough for Garden Grocer to make sense. they do have a website but I'm not good at doing links from my iPad.

View attachment 112051

In honor of the end of towel animals, I thought I would post one I got on my last YC stay and see if anyone here can tell me what on earth it is supposed to be...

Ummm, last year I nearly spit my coffee out on that pic!!! Well, I just made a fresh cup, sat down to my afternoon Dis fix. and what pops up??? that darn "we won't call it what we really want to" towel animal LOLOLOLOL!!!!

View attachment 112051

In honor of the end of towel animals, I thought I would post one I got on my last YC stay and see if anyone here can tell me what on earth it is supposed to be...

THIS is the elusive Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal!!!

Rumored to have been developed by Imagineers after a night of heavy drinking, this combo-animal reflects the fact that there is only so much you can do to make a passable towel animal and that sometimes it is best just to fake it.

It is speculated that thousands of years from now cultural anthropologists still will have no workable explanation for the existence of this particular towel animal. Confusion will reign and rumors will start, leading to the development of "Hidden Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal icons" upon which an obsession will inexplicably emerge. This will be followed by a cottage industry in self published books listing where to find such hidden "Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal" icons. Millions of these books will be sold to unsophisticated readers everywhere.

~NM

Never heard of them. DVC people often use either Garden Grocer or We Go Shop.

We used Wegoshop in April. Called about the diapers, water, etc. "Nothing here under your name.". After several tries, I went to check myself. The baggage person asked me my name and checked. Sure enough, our packages were on the shelf. Apparently, from what the baggage person told me, wegoshop has a habit of not checking in the order but that our order had arrived on time. Took me 3 days to get our stuff. I thought maybe the system was better organized. Don't know if it really was wegoshop or BLT luggage services. It's clear that the BLT people did not check by name because the woman walked in and found the order in just a couple of minutes.
Just giving a heads up in case anyone doesn't get their grocery order from any delivery service. Go down to bell services and ask them to check the shelves.

Has anyone else noticed that at the YC for 2016 bookings Lagoon View and Standard view seem to be unavailable? I wondered if it was just the week I was looking at but once I started checking random dates it seemed all that was available was Garden View?
I did notice that. I had the same issue this year though. No Water or Standard view rooms available for my dates at all, just Garden View. I was just happy to find anything, but I did notice the lack of availability and it seems to be continuing into next year, but I wonder how much rooms being taken out of inventory for refurbishment impacts that. I guess it depends on when you're looking at.

Garden Grocer.... Ok I'll check them out. Thank you
We used Garden Grocer last year. I really liked them because they deliver alcohol as well as grocery items (cause I have my priorities straight ;) )

Hello all!

Sorry my live reports stopped mid-week. It's really hard to keep up with them. We are home now...our wonderful trip is over. Beach Club is still our favorite resort.

We stayed in Room 5674 at BC and overlooked the front entrance. The room had no views of Spaceship Earth or Wishes. Our room had a daybed (which is all I cared about) and a full balcony. We all loved the expanded CL lounge! The lounge servers were fantastic - some more than others. Maija was our favorite! We also spoke with Chef Chris at length. He was super friendly and fun to talk to. And it was such a surprise to run into izzylovesmickey in the lounge! It was great chatting with you! :goodvibes

We switched to a Poly studio last night and we all missed BC and SAB! The Poly pool isn't the same. There are a TON of little (7 and younger) kids at the pool. And with the small size of the pool (compared to SAB) it looked like the Atlantic Ocean after the Titanic hit the iceberg. Bobbing heads were everywhere! And it was an overcast day....can't imagine how crowded it would be if it were super hot and sunny! Our room was nice but kind of cramped in the living space. The bathrooms took up about 1/3 of the room. The bathroom with the toilet was MASSIVE! It was pretty convenient to hop on the monorail to MK then back to the Poly beach for Wishes. How better to end our trip than with Wishes? With a Dole Whip! The Dole Whip stand is open until Midnight....perfect for those snack credits that expired at Midnight! :)

I just downloaded 794 pictures from my phone to my computer. Who's ready to see pictures? :magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter