Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We still haven't finished planning out our trip yet, and we have just a little over two months to go! :faint: I thought we would get things planned after school was out for summer, but time just seems to be getting away from us.

We have Fastpass selections coming up mid month, so we need to get an idea of what days we'll be in the parks and what Fastpasses we want to try and get. As of right now, we only have 1 ADR booked and that's for Via Napoli. We do plan on doing a lot of CS meals this trip and T-Rex as well, but I'm not sure if my family will want to book anymore ADRs or not. When we're in the parks, we prefer to do CS meals, so that we can get as many rides and attractions in as possible.

We're also doing Sea World and Aquatica this trip during the off property portion of our stay. We haven't done much planning for that either. :blush: Guess we'd better get going with that! July and August tend to be pretty busy months for us, and our trip will be here before we know it. :woohoo:

Hey all! I'm finally done with school!
party:

But surprisingly, that's not why I'm so excited today!
I wanted to share the story with y'all...
My sister and her Dbf of 9 years are down at WDW and are staying at WL.
They arrived yesterday, and the check-in desk said they had a surprise for them. They were whisked to the ROOF of WL, and while they overlooked all 4 parks, not to mention all of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, my sister turned around to find her Dbf down on one knee! Needless to say, she said yes, and if that wasn't enough, the WL staff gave them a little engagement gift....they upgraded them to the Yosemite (Vice-Presidential) Suite for the entirety of their stay (7 nights)!

Wowza right? :jumping1:

Scott - that is s wonderful surprise for your sister. How romantic! Did she have any idea that her dbf was going to propose?

They arrived yesterday, and the check-in desk said they had a surprise for them. They were whisked to the ROOF of WL, and while they overlooked all 4 parks, not to mention all of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, my sister turned around to find her Dbf down on one knee! Needless to say, she said yes, and if that wasn't enough, the WL staff gave them a little engagement gift....they upgraded them to the Yosemite (Vice-Presidential) Suite for the entirety of their stay (7 nights)!

: o )

party:

That's awesome!

A word to the wise about the Magical Depress bus BACK to the Airport.

During my last trip there was a "conniption" with the buses going to the AIRPORT. I was staying at Plop Century but that won't matter for this piece of advice...

So the buses were delayed because of __________ (Reason doesn't matter). Anyway there were a lot of people waiting for the bus. It seems that the previous pick up was running so late that it finally made it to the resort about 10 minuted BEFORE my pick up time. I could tell something was amiss just by looking at the herds waiting for the bus. Naturally there was confusion experienced by the people who were on my scheduled pick up time as to why that bus arrived 10 minutes early (It didn't, this was the previously scheduled bus which was 20 minutes late).

SO.... AFTER the driver sorted everyone out and loaded the correct people on his bus I ASKED IF HE HAD ROOM ON HIS BUS FOR ME. I did this knowing that the buses were running late for some reason and I projected that my bus stood a good chance of being late. The driver let me know that, AS PER HIS JUDGEMENT (and that not all drivers will do this) he was willing and had the room to let me on his bus even though I was technically 'early'.

So it pays to read the situation and know when to adapt and ask for help. Sometimes you get a CM/Bus Driver that will be able to do it, sometimes for very good reasons, (like they needed the room on the bus for the additional stops they would have to make) they can't help you out. Our driver also was very good at explaining that the drivers were in radio contact and if necessary, Disney would dispatch a different bus that was not stuck in traffic to get people to the Airport on time.

As it turns out there was road construction on the way to the airport, and that's what was causing the delay. My driver was experienced and savvy so he even had a way around the block that cut down even more on the delays. Keep in mind also that Disney schedules these Magical Depress buses BACK to the airport so that there is enough time to deal with a reasonable delay.

The other thing that I noticed is that the Bus BACK to the airport only had one stop where it let people off. There used to be 2 drop offs but for some reason we only had the one. I'm not sure if that is permanent.

So there is your helpful post of the day...

~NM
Hmmmm...this sounds so familiar ....... are you sure that didn't happen at the BC? :)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/magical-express.3415722/#post-53773999

July 2015 Activities Schedule

Thanks!!!!

party:

That is so awesome!!!

Happy Independence Day weekend!!!!!! I'll be at work, but Disney Dreaming all day and night as I play nurse :)

I spent a semester in Florence while in law school. As long as there aren't a gazillion mopeds threatening to run me down, I'm good. Of the three resorts, Portofino seems the most "me." And since I'm the one who plans everything, I get to pick the resort for this part of the trip. I realize US has a fourth resort now, but I understand you don't get the FOTL pass with that one. So it's totally off the list. Amara was interested in HRH because of the music in the pool. But I understand we can legitimately pool hop at US. So if she wants to hear "Dude Looks Like a Lady" while swimming, she's more than welcome to.
Pool hopping is great :) The Beach Pool at Portofino also has games and a DJ it's super nice. It's not SAB but it's nice :) I wouldn't do a US resort without the Express Passes...no way I promise you will NOT be run down by mopeds they are "all decorative"

I really should have considered my vacation options when deciding to have four kids...
I hear that....

HRH is closest, right? Or is it the other hotel, the name of which completely escapes me. I ruled that one out for reasons I can't recall at the moment. Probably reviews I read here on the dis.
HRH is the closest :) You can walk from all of them but my tired tootsies take the boat to/from RPR and PBH. Hard rock it felt longer taking the boat...very similar to the proximity of BC to Epcot like Dee mentioned
party:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hooray for school finally finishing for the summer!!!!!!!

Good Morning!

I'm sure some fortunate soul is getting ready to enjoy the fabulous SAB :teeth: These are a few of our pool pics from our June trip. My 3 kids have now found a new favorite spot!! We spent lots of time at the pool...another reason we usually stay at a Deluxe resort. As you can tell from the pictures, we basically had the pool to ourselves for the first hour or so.....it was GREAT!!!! It did get somewhat crowded in the afternoons, but nothing that was unbearable. Because the area is so large, there was always plenty of space.

BEAUTIFUL pics!!!:thumbsup2 LOVE SAB! Cant WAIT till October F& W! YAY#:bounce:

party:

Aw, congrats to you sister and her now-fiance!

pas130, I was thinking about the other resorts because of distance, too. But Portofino seems like the resort I'd enjoy the most as far as theme is concerned. We'll be there in January, so it will most likely be cool enough the walk won't kill me (or we can use the boat, which is what the rest of the family would prefer).

General question for all you fine folks.

I have read that the BC/YC pool can partially close in the "winter" time. I am going to WDW the first week of December 2015, should I be concerned about potential closure of the pool? And do they keep things like the water slide open during the colder months?

Also, with all the construction happening there, would I be better off booking YC or BC for December? I would like to avoid construction noise at all cost.

General question for all you fine folks.

I have read that the BC/YC pool can partially close in the "winter" time. I am going to WDW the first week of December 2015, should I be concerned about potential closure of the pool? And do they keep things like the water slide open during the colder months?

Also, with all the construction happening there, would I be better off booking YC or BC for December? I would like to avoid construction noise at all cost.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for December.

:woohoo:

The pool maintenance work doesn't happen until after the first of the year. As far as I know, the pool and water slide are kept open through the month of December.

The work on the Beach Club resort rooms should be over long before December (we think by the end of summer or early fall). If the Yacht Club renovations start in the fall as expected, then work would definitely be happening there in December. So BC would be your best bet to avoid construction noise.

:goodvibes:

You mean this one? CREEPY!!!!

I posted a picture like that a while back making fun of the creepy clown slide...funny thing is, I just booked an early December trip to the BWI! But I plan to stay far away from the clown pool! December is too cold for me to swim anyway. DH wanted to stay at BC, but we got a fantastic rate on a CL room at BWI, and that will check off one more CL from our list. I'll be looking for Ninjamom too...I saw on the CL thread that she'll be there!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for December.

:woohoo:

The pool maintenance work doesn't happen until after the first of the year. As far as I know, the pool and water slide are kept open through the month of December.

The work on the Beach Club resort rooms should be over long before December (we think by the end of summer or early fall). If the Yacht Club renovations start in the fall as expected, then work would definitely be happening there in December. So BC would be your best bet to avoid construction noise.

:goodvibes:

I'd probably go with BC, too. If you don't get a refurbed room at the YC, you might end up with a room very much in need of a refurb.

[GALLERY=[IMG]http://1drv.ms/1RWSTQV[/IMG][/GALLERY]
July 2015 Activities Schedule

We arrived here today at the YC and the evenings activities were cancelled because of an evil storm that came in. We ended up with a king bed room on the first floor near a "secret entrance". Awesome view from the patio as we watched drenched poor souls run through the rain. They cleared the pool out at about 6p and stopped the beach activities shorty there after. Haven't heard if there will be any fireworks tonight but the storms so far have been intense.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!