Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:offtopic::offtopic:Oh wowser it hit 28c here in my little corner of the UK today. No rain however, so it didn't feel totally like Florida. Waiting for DD to go to sleep so that I can steal back the fan.

You need to do some heat training, haha! That's not even close to what it will be in Florida!

Very possible.

Since WV rooms are on the backside of the resort and standard rooms are mostly on the front side of the resort at Club Level, it is possible that you could have rooms across the hall (or at least in the same hallway) as your family. As others have suggested, make sure your reservations are linked and that you ask IPO to note your request to put your relatives close by if possible.

:)

Thank you - it really would be a pain to be on opposite ends. Can this request also be made when doing online check in?

If I was given a choice between the BC resort and a BCV studio, i would choose...

the BCV studio. The villas feel like home to me. I like having the couch. I like the kitchenette. I like the 1 bedrooms even better. I don't care about the choices made by the decorators.

I forgot that today was my FP+ reservation day!!!! Too much other stuff going on I guess. Well we were able to still get some pretty good times just a few minutes ago however we could only get Soarin for 5:25pm on August 30th what time is the DISmeet again? Might have to cancel Soarin....
Wow 60 days out today and you couldn't get any earlier than that...one of the negatives of FP+ to me. For my May trip I didn't have much problem 2-3 weeks out. I guess I will need to be prepared 60 days out for my October trip!!

Kerry

I was telling DH about your daughter from what I've seen from your posts. He said he's really sorry we aren't there at the same time because he'd love watch her in action-especially in that werewolf costume! She sounds like she'd be one of those kids we get a kick out of watching now that ours are grown.

Aww - thanks for that. She can be incredibly adorable when she's not being totally toddler.

Never fear, Ninja Mom is here!

Since Aria is my "Mini Me" in training I have decided to stop shaving my legs in solidarity with her and her Werewolf aspirations. By the time I hit Stormalong Bay in August it's entirely possible that I too will be mistaken for a Werewolf! Will Dee, Rebecca and Nannette join me in my hirsute pursuit? It may be true that the hairy legs will cut down on The Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team's hydrodynamics but we will more than make up for that decrease in our performance with an uptick in the hairy legged aesthetic department.

For those of you still not convinced, keep in mind that Miley Cyrus is dying her pit hair pink. Can Ninja Mom be far behind on the hair trends?

~NM
PS. My magical agent also is very prompt with responding to any inquiry. I would definitely contact them again. Also keep in mind that since the 2016 resort reservations have recently been released it could be that every single agent, no matter the home base is getting slammed.

Ninja Mom - I don't know if Aria being your mini-me scares me or delights me. I think both.

the BCV studio. The villas feel like home to me. I like having the couch. I like the kitchenette. I like the 1 bedrooms even better. I don't care about the choices made by the decorators.

I haven't stayed at the BCV, but I can at least compare how I feel about the regular rooms at one resort versus staying in a villa. We've stayed at AKL three times and at AKV twice. For our next trip, my family overwhelmingly voted for the villas. Now we've stayed in a 1 BR villa versus a studio. But I love the villas. The laundry facilities, being able to nuke leftovers or a hot dog if my son is being silly about food. I didn't miss mousekeeping one bit. Actually realized how much I like not having someone else in my room each day.

I'd love to hear your comparisons of the two (as things stand now.) We switched from the Poly due to the construction, but now we'll have BC construction too. However, having SAB definitely made BC the winner. DH is soooooo excited about staying at the BC. I'm excited, but I'm such a Poly lover.

I'm a Poly lover, too, with the BC being a close second. Now that I'm in a room at the Poly (after having just stayed at the BC) the Poly rooms are huge. My boys even commented on it and they never notice things like that. We all appreciate the many food options at Captain Cook's. SAB wins over the Poly pool, however, the new pool is nice and my boys love the new kids area at the pool. We enjoy being close to the MK as it's our favorite park but we love walking to Epcot from the BC. You really can't go wrong with either. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

I forgot that today was my FP+ reservation day!!!! Too much other stuff going on I guess. Well we were able to still get some pretty good times just a few minutes ago however we could only get Soarin for 5:25pm on August 30th what time is the DISmeet again? Might have to cancel Soarin....

Teena gets out of work at xxx so the meet will be after that. You can probably still get your Soarin' in!

Sending you a PM.

I get off at 5:30 now

OOPS! Never mind! Teena says she is out at 5:30, so we meeting then.

Soarin' time may be an issue. How many people on the reservation? Some people have had luck making reservations for one person at a time with overlapping times so you could try that. Like person 1, 4:00-5:00 and person 2 at 4:10-5:10 and person 3 at 4:15-5:15, so that you are able to ride together anytime from 4:15 to 5 pm.

Good luck!

I would hate for you to miss Soarin' but I would hate for you to miss us even more!

:)

Last edited:

Our stay at the BC has been wonderful! Today we move over to the Poly for the second half of our split stay. Weather has been better than I expected. We had rain yesterday for about 4 hours while at Animal Kingdom but we trudged through and did everything we wanted to and had a great time. Last night was a beautiful evening for walking around World Showcase. My kids loved SAB and we spent a lot of time there. It never felt too crowded and we were always able to find seats (at like 3:00 in the afternoon when we returned from the parks). If you've never gone on the slide I'd highly recommend it! We also dinned at Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream while
here and both meals were great.

Hey, I'm doing the opposite of you! We're going to Poly for a week and then switching to the YC! I have to end at the YC b/c I love it so much. This will be our first stay at Poly. Hope you enjoy!

Heather, thank you for the SAB pics! I've missed your pics, and they never disappoint :)

You're quite welcome :hug: There will be more if I can ever get finished sifting through all the photos and deleting the bad ones.

SO happy to hear so many positive reviews from YC/BC!!! Tomorrow is July 1st, so tomorrow I can announce NEXT MONTH I AM GOING TO BEACH CLUB!!!

Yay!!!!! Excited for you, Pas, and the family. A much needed vacation awaits!

I'm a Poly lover, too, with the BC being a close second. Now that I'm in a room at the Poly (after having just stayed at the BC) the Poly rooms are huge. My boys even commented on it and they never notice things like that. We all appreciate the many food options at Captain Cook's. SAB wins over the Poly pool, however, the new pool is nice and my boys love the new kids area at the pool. We enjoy being close to the MK as it's our favorite park but we love walking to Epcot from the BC. You really can't go wrong with either. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Thanks! This will be our first stay at BC and your post sounds exactly like the mental pro and con list I had while we were deciding. I'm excited to experience somewhere new! My husband and mom both love the Epcot resort area. Out of all the great places we've stayed they both pick the Boardwalk as their favorite resort stay (which, other than the Dolphin, has been our only stay in the Epcot area.) So who knows, we might have a new favorite after this trip! Two weeks!!!! :cheer2:

I could have written this. I love the Villas as well and would always choose them over a standard hotel room. I agree that they are a bit worn and outdated, but with the refurb beginning now, I expect they will once again be beautiful. They are getting all new furniture, drapes, linens, upgraded electrical and new stainless steel appliances

:offtopic::offtopic:Oh wowser it hit 28c here in my little corner of the UK today. No rain however, so it didn't feel totally like Florida. Waiting for DD to go to sleep so that I can steal back the fan.

Bit warmer today - 31c (88f). School Fair was very hot!

You're quite welcome :hug: There will be more if I can ever get finished sifting through all the photos and deleting the bad ones.

Yay!!!!! Excited for you, Pas, and the family. A much needed vacation awaits!
Heather, I doubt you have bad pics (you are too critical of your pics :hug: )

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 1st of July!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait for it...... Next month I'm going to Beach Club!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love:

Bit warmer today - 31c

Thunder and lightning, torrential rain and no power for just over an hour. Now it feels more like Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter