Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Had to post before bed. Had one of the best Italian dinners ever tonight at the new restaurant at the Boardwalk. Bob, Jeanne, our friend Michael, and I absolutely loved everything we had. Desserts were wonderful too. And Lily's pizza was so good, Jeanne and I fought over the scraps. Highly recommend! Bob said we are coming back there real soon!

So glad to hear this makes me glad I decided to make an adr for it. I have been reading mixed reviews about it. Any recommendations?

And your granddaughter is absolutely adorable.

Had to post before bed. Had one of the best Italian dinners ever tonight at the new restaurant at the Boardwalk. Bob, Jeanne, our friend Michael, and I absolutely loved everything we had. Desserts were wonderful too. And Lily's pizza was so good, Jeanne and I fought over the scraps. Highly recommend! Bob said we are coming back there real soon!
You convinced me....added a reservation there for our trip in Sept!

Teena do you have your vacation schedule set yet for Sept? I think you're going to be away while we're there (Sept 12-19)?

So glad to hear this makes me glad I decided to make an adr for it. I have been reading mixed reviews about it. Any recommendations?

And your granddaughter is absolutely adorable.

Definitely the caprese salad and Bob said the veal shank was unbelievable. The tiramasu was so good, I thought Jeanne was going to lick the dish. We all loved everything we had. And service was great.

Thank you ...Lily is having a wonderful time ...she is so happy here at wdw!!! Tonight is dinner at Trail's End ...wonderful good ole home style cooking!

You convinced me....added a reservation there for our trip in Sept!

Teena do you have your vacation schedule set yet for Sept? I think you're going to be away while we're there (Sept 12-19)?

As of now, we are planning a cruise 12-19 but we haven't booked it yet. Probably won't know for another month. If we don't book it, I'll be working the 13th and 14th.

:offtopic:Question - not sure if I asked on this thread before or not...sorry if it's a repeat.

I know many of you book your Disney vacations using that Magical group...I have sent them two requests now for a quote, and an email, and it's been over a week. There hasn't been anything from them except the automated "Thank you....someone will be contacting you shortly...yada yada yada" message.

How long did it take for you to hear back from them? You can send me a PM if you prefer....

Thanks in advance....
I have used Holly for 3 trips over the last 4 years and she is always great at getting back to me-she was on a Disney cruise for the last week and was not supposed to be back at work till Monday and I emailed her some changes that needed to be made when she got back and she got back to me right away saying she would do them and then on sunday I decided I wanted to try to add an extra day when I saw airfare went down and she got me the extra day right away before she was even back at work.I hope you get your response I have had great experiences with them and have saved tons!!

Teena LILY IS TOO CUTE!!!! How is it possible she just gets cuter, those curls, those eyes, that smile!

Heather, thank you for the SAB pics! I've missed your pics, and they never disappoint :)

SO happy to hear so many positive reviews from YC/BC!!! Tomorrow is July 1st, so tomorrow I can announce NEXT MONTH I AM GOING TO BEACH CLUB!!!

I forgot that today was my FP+ reservation day!!!! Too much other stuff going on I guess. Well we were able to still get some pretty good times just a few minutes ago however we could only get Soarin for 5:25pm on August 30th what time is the DISmeet again? Might have to cancel Soarin....

I forgot that today was my FP+ reservation day!!!! Too much other stuff going on I guess. Well we were able to still get some pretty good times just a few minutes ago however we could only get Soarin for 5:25pm on August 30th what time is the DISmeet again? Might have to cancel Soarin....
You'll be able to get a different time for Soarin, we've gotten lucky with changing our FP around. I was able to get an earlier Fantasmic time as well :) Happy planning!

Teena - those curls are too cute! Can't believe how big she's gotten. It seems like just yesterday we were at the "granny shower"!

We had a little bit of a hitch today. I booked the photo shoot for DD's surprise Sweet 16 celebration. Couldn't get the date I wanted to have pic done at BC so had to switch some days around and change from Illuminations Cruise to Fireworks Cruise. We've done both before and loved both but if I had to pick only one I would have gone with the Illuminations cruise. So tempted to keep both but already did an upgrade to CL and I don't want DH to have a heart attack!

Teena - those curls are too cute! Can't believe how big she's gotten. It seems like just yesterday we were at the "granny shower"!

We had a little bit of a hitch today. I booked the photo shoot for DD's surprise Sweet 16 celebration. Couldn't get the date I wanted to have pic done at BC so had to switch some days around and change from Illuminations Cruise to Fireworks Cruise. We've done both before and loved both but if I had to pick only one I would have gone with the Illuminations cruise. So tempted to keep both but already did an upgrade to CL and I don't want DH to have a heart attack!
I haven't done either cruise, but I did want to do the Illuminations cruise. Alas it was booked solid for our dates. I it helps you can remind DH how much a formal Sweet 16 would cost ;)

I have used Holly for 3 trips over the last 4 years and she is always great at getting back to me-she was on a Disney cruise for the last week and was not supposed to be back at work till Monday and I emailed her some changes that needed to be made when she got back and she got back to me right away saying she would do them and then on sunday I decided I wanted to try to add an extra day when I saw airfare went down and she got me the extra day right away before she was even back at work.I hope you get your response I have had great experiences with them and have saved tons!!

Thank you, POOHDRMR, and all who responded to my note

I did finally hear back...actually from two agents. Apparently their system has been glitch-y, so that's why they think no one had received my request. Anyway, their specials for next spring won't be released until October, so there's not much I can do right now...drat. Guess I'll have to fill my time going over the plan for our trip THIS fall....again, and again, and again. :)

Last year I was able to "rent" points for a stay at the Beach CLub. Oh mi gawd-- I loved every second of every day. I want to plan my birthday trip for next year and think I want to book into the resort directly instead of going to the villas. Can you tell me if there is any MAIN differences between a standard villa room vs a standard resort room??

Last year I was able to "rent" points for a stay at the Beach CLub. Oh mi gawd-- I loved every second of every day. I want to plan my birthday trip for next year and think I want to book into the resort directly instead of going to the villas. Can you tell me if there is any MAIN differences between a standard villa room vs a standard resort room??
Do you mean a one bedroom villa or are you referring to a studio?

Just studios.

My rented studio villa had one bed and a sofa. I see in pictures that the regular resort room has two queen beds.

does it have a refridgertor? microwave or toaster?

Just studios.

My rented studio villa had one bed and a sofa. I see in pictures that the regular resort room has two queen beds.

2 Queen beds and some have daybeds also. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker. I have been told you may request a microwave, not sure about the toaster, however there is a toaster and microwave in the Marketplace.

Our stay at the BC has been wonderful! Today we move over to the Poly for the second half of our split stay. Weather has been better than I expected. We had rain yesterday for about 4 hours while at Animal Kingdom but we trudged through and did everything we wanted to and had a great time. Last night was a beautiful evening for walking around World Showcase. My kids loved SAB and we spent a lot of time there. It never felt too crowded and we were always able to find seats (at like 3:00 in the afternoon when we returned from the parks). If you've never gone on the slide I'd highly recommend it! We also dinned at Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream while
here and both meals were great.

I'd love to hear your comparisons of the two (as things stand now.) We switched from the Poly due to the construction, but now we'll have BC construction too. However, having SAB definitely made BC the winner. DH is soooooo excited about staying at the BC. I'm excited, but I'm such a Poly lover.

Just studios.

The BC resort room has two queen beds and many of them have a daybed, too. The rooms have mini refrigerators and single cup Cuisinart makers, but no microwaves or toasters. The Marketplace has both of those for guests to use. The furnishings are nicer - a little more upscale - than in the villas building and the BC rooms are a little bigger than the studios. But only about 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony while all of the studios have them. If I was given a choice between the BC resort and a BCV studio, i would choose the BC resort every time. The rooms are that much nicer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter