Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So Aria has now decided she's turning into a werewolf next week instead of a mermaid. Let me tell you, there will be fur flying if she can't swim at SAB in her full-body werewolf costume, come August. What kind of place promotes a movie like Into the Woods and doesn't allow a child to live out her dream pretending to be Johnny Depp/Big Bad Wolf with not-so-hidden agendas? Be prepared, NM, be prepared...

I was telling DH about your daughter from what I've seen from your posts. He said he's really sorry we aren't there at the same time because he'd love watch her in action-especially in that werewolf costume! She sounds like she'd be one of those kids we get a kick out of watching now that ours are grown.

So Aria has now decided she's turning into a werewolf next week instead of a mermaid. Let me tell you, there will be fur flying if she can't swim at SAB in her full-body werewolf costume, come August. What kind of place promotes a movie like Into the Woods and doesn't allow a child to live out her dream pretending to be Johnny Depp/Big Bad Wolf with not-so-hidden agendas? Be prepared, NM, be prepared...

Never fear, Ninja Mom is here!

Since Aria is my "Mini Me" in training I have decided to stop shaving my legs in solidarity with her and her Werewolf aspirations. By the time I hit Stormalong Bay in August it's entirely possible that I too will be mistaken for a Werewolf! Will Dee, Rebecca and Nannette join me in my hirsute pursuit? It may be true that the hairy legs will cut down on The Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team's hydrodynamics but we will more than make up for that decrease in our performance with an uptick in the hairy legged aesthetic department.

For those of you still not convinced, keep in mind that Miley Cyrus is dying her pit hair pink. Can Ninja Mom be far behind on the hair trends?

~NM
PS. My magical agent also is very prompt with responding to any inquiry. I would definitely contact them again. Also keep in mind that since the 2016 resort reservations have recently been released it could be that every single agent, no matter the home base is getting slammed.

Had to post before bed. Had one of the best Italian dinners ever tonight at the new restaurant at the Boardwalk. Bob, Jeanne, our friend Michael, and I absolutely loved everything we had. Desserts were wonderful too. And Lily's pizza was so good, Jeanne and I fought over the scraps. Highly recommend! Bob said we are coming back there real soon!

I got homesick just typing it!! We live in Ohio, too! The magic bands don't work at Skyline Chili either! We live just south of Dayton...in Kettering!
Can't wait to read the trip report. I think it's neat that it is a colaberative effort with your daughter. That will add a lot to it I'm sure. Kettering is my home town, now residing north east of Cincinnati.
Katesdad

Teena: I can't believe how big she has gotten!!! Those CURLS! Such a beauty!!!

Glad you are having such a great time with your family!!

Good Morning!

I'm sure some fortunate soul is getting ready to enjoy the fabulous SAB :teeth: These are a few of our pool pics from our June trip. My 3 kids have now found a new favorite spot!! We spent lots of time at the pool...another reason we usually stay at a Deluxe resort. As you can tell from the pictures, we basically had the pool to ourselves for the first hour or so.....it was GREAT!!!! It did get somewhat crowded in the afternoons, but nothing that was unbearable. Because the area is so large, there was always plenty of space.

We had a fabulous trip and have satisfied our WDW fix for another five years. ...the Beach Club was wonderful,
Thanks for the detailed report of your BC stay. I'm glad that you had such a nice trip. We haven't seen the SWW fireworks but last year the Frozen fireworks were really good. I'm looking forward to seeing this year's version. :)

Had to post before bed. Had one of the best Italian dinners ever tonight at the new restaurant at the Boardwalk. Bob, Jeanne, our friend Michael, and I absolutely loved everything we had. Desserts were wonderful too. And Lily's pizza was so good, Jeanne and I fought over the scraps. Highly recommend! Bob said we are coming back there real soon!
We ate dinner there this past April and we had a very good meal. I love the atmosphere, too, and we had a very nice waiter. :)

A few more pictures from Teena's trip
I love the picture of her in front of the roses. She looks adorable. :)

Our stay at the BC has been wonderful! Today we move over to the Poly for the second half of our split stay. Weather has been better than I expected. We had rain yesterday for about 4 hours while at Animal Kingdom but we trudged through and did everything we wanted to and had a great time. Last night was a beautiful evening for walking around World Showcase. My kids loved SAB and we spent a lot of time there. It never felt too crowded and we were always able to find seats (at like 3:00 in the afternoon when we returned from the parks). If you've never gone on the slide I'd highly recommend it! We also dinned at Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream while
here and both meals were great.

Good morning!

My DH, DD, and I are heading to the BC with extended family who arrive 3 days after us. We are booked lagoon/pool CL and they are booked standard CL - are any of these rooms near each other? I would love to be close to the lounge and them - being at opposite ends would stink. Is requesting being close to the lounge with a full balcony and near our family wishful thinking?
Thanks!

Good morning!

My DH, DD, and I are heading to the BC with extended family who arrive 3 days after us. We are booked lagoon/pool CL and they are booked standard CL - are any of these rooms near each other? I would love to be close to the lounge and them - being at opposite ends would stink. Is requesting being close to the lounge with a full balcony and near our family wishful thinking?
Thanks!
We stayed at the WL with extended family in January. They arrived three days ahead of us and when they checked in they asked the CM if they could assign our room so that it was near their room. The CM was able to give us the room next to their room and then block it, so that another CM couldn't change it before we arrived three days later. It worked great and I would think that they do this all the time at all the Disney resorts.

I would think with CL you could ask the IPO to do the same thing - block their room so that it is near yours. :)

We stayed at the WL with extended family in January. They arrived three days ahead of us and when they checked in they asked the CM if they could assign our room so that it was near their room. The CM was able to give us the room next to their room and then block it, so that another CM couldn't change it before we arrived three days later. It worked great and I would think that they do this all the time at all the Disney resorts.

I would think with CL you could ask the IPO to do the same thing - block their room so that it is near yours. :)

Great - thank you!

I am loving everyone's pictures and updates! I made my FP+ last night so I feel like I'm in the home stretch. Can't wait to get to experience everything in person!

For us club level was all about saving time and convenience. Each morning having the opportunity to grab a quick and delicious breakfast in the lounge very nice. Plus the lounge gives you an opportunity to relax and spread out while other family members are in your room getting ready or taking a nap. The service provided by the concierge is great, too. Never did I have to go down to the front counter to take care of anything. Just hopped over to the concierge desk just outside our room and asked my question. They are so friendly always greeting you as you pass by asking if there is anything you need to make your stay better. Without a doubt the greatest benefit was the ability to schedule additional fast passes after you've used your first three. At check in they'll provide you with a number you can text when you need a fast pass. No need to visit a kiosk...huge time saver! They can also help schedule or reschedule dining reservations via text. One time we were within our can not cancel window and the concierge took care of it...all via text. We even extended our stay one night...all via text!! No fiddling around with the MDE app, calling Disney reservations and being placed on hold. That's convenience...and definitely worth the extra expense in mu opinion. We only go to WDW once every 5 years and when we do we splurge!! Lol!!

Oh wow! I didn't know about some of these things either! So glad I decided to do CL on our upcoming trip!

Does anyone know if there are any "connecting" rooms (those with a door between) even available on the club level (5th) floor in the Beach Club?

Good morning!

Thanks!

Very possible.

Since WV rooms are on the backside of the resort and standard rooms are mostly on the front side of the resort at Club Level, it is possible that you could have rooms across the hall (or at least in the same hallway) as your family. As others have suggested, make sure your reservations are linked and that you ask IPO to note your request to put your relatives close by if possible.

:)

Just got back from a six night stay at the YC. Great room and great service. The pool was really incredible! For anyone that is on the fence about this resort - stay here, you wont be disappointed! Would love to answer anyones questions about the current state of the resort or anything else about it if you have them!

I did take a walk through the BC lobby and heard quite a bit of construction noise during the day. You could also hear it walking by the front entrance at some points as well. Just a side note if people were curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!