Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

>>>> http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/ <<<<<<<

This is a pretty good resource joannjoe. Our favorite view has been the courtyard facing the Beach Club (toward the Solarium)

Last edited:
They open and cover kiosks frequently, so I think that's why it's so hard to find a map and/or reliable info on locations. In the parks, I've used the MDX app to locate the nearest kiosk, and that's always worked. You can find it under the "Guest Services" tab.

Thanks. The app shows the three or four locations, not the additional locations. After watching some utube videos, it seems that some locations are unmanned setups with iPads that guests can access MyDisney experience in order to schedule the first three fast passes. But the location by Petes Silly Sideshow seems to be viable and not displayed by Disney on maps or in MyDisney experience.

So you are YC-CL in December? They better be finished with that work by then if they start in September like we are thinking they are going to do. You should get the best of the renovation work to enjoy during your stay. Of course all bets are off if they delay the start-up but I don't think they would do that unless there was something major happening that they need to correct first before beginning the work. We'll just have to stay tuned in and see what is posted by those who are going to be there in late August. I'm sure that group will be all over this renovation project (maybe engaging the workers in another pool-noodle fight?).
Katesdad

Thanks for your reply. I surely hope that you're right on the start time of the renovations. After going through a bad experience during Boardwalk renovations, I would like to avoid that issue again.

Hi all.. starting to plan for summer 2016 and was wondering if all renovations will be done by then? We usually stay at the Yacht Club but I saw that work may be done there starting Fall 2015. Are we better off choosing the BC? The YC is particularly cheap during the dates we chose which actually makes me concerned... maybe something is planned that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Only 6 days to go before we arrive at BC for 3 week holiday. As we are going to have to do some laundry during our stay is there a clothes airer in the rooms for clothes to get dry ? Thanks

Teena, Bob, Jeanne and Lily are having a fantastic time on their holiday. They checked into the Grand Floridian yesterday, had a little pool time, met some princesses, rode the Mine Train and dined at Be Our Guest.

I'll post some more pictures later, but this one can't wait!

Mine Train.jpg

page 65-66

Our view from the FP+ area on 6/18. No crane.

That is a gorgeous picture!!!

:goodvibes:

We received the letter about the BCV construction a few months ago; I don't remember exactly. But, it wasn't recent.

Thank you!

:)
I will be on a plane headed to the the Beach Club in 8.5 hrs. I hope to be sitting at SAB by 9:30:yay:pixiedust::beach:

Wishing you safe travels! Have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

Hi all.. starting to plan for summer 2016 and was wondering if all renovations will be done by then? We usually stay at the Yacht Club but I saw that work may be done there starting Fall 2015. Are we better off choosing the BC? The YC is particularly cheap during the dates we chose which actually makes me concerned... maybe something is planned that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

:welcome: back!

Hard to say if the YC renovations will be done by then since the work has not started yet. I think the Beach Club work started in October 2014 and is expected to wrap up in August/September. Work is currently happening on the 2nd (and maybe 1st floor, not sure).

My guess is that if the YC work does start in early fall, renovations will be done in most sections of the resort by the end of the summer, but the rooms on lower floors could still be under construction.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup2

Only 6 days to go before we arrive at BC for 3 week holiday. As we are going to have to do some laundry during our stay is there a clothes airer in the rooms for clothes to get dry ? Thanks

There is a line that you can pull across the shower to dry some items like bathing suits, but I don't know that you will be able to dry large quantities using this. There are a few laundry rooms throughout the resort and I believe they have all been upgraded to the high-tech machines. You can monitor the cycles through your My Disney Experience account if you have online access through a computer or smart phone.

:laundy:

:offtopic::offtopic: Just wanted to post how relieved we are that the manhunt in our area is over. After 3 long weeks we can breathe a little easier. Now on to stressing about my sons wedding in Lake Placid on 7/11. Back on topic I am still checking out bar lounges to visit on our August trip. Any suggestions are appreciated

Thank you to all the NYS law enforcement agencies involved in the search

Last edited:
Teena, Bob, Jeanne and Lily are having a fantastic time on their holiday. They checked into the Grand Floridian yesterday, had a little pool time, met some princesses, rode the Mine Train and dined at Be Our Guest.

I'll post some more pictures later, but this one can't wait!

View attachment 106107

This pic explains why Teena is such an amazing CM!!! Just look at her face. A true KID at Heart!!!!

Couchy: Have a great time!!

HEATHER!!!!!!! :hug: so happy to hear!! Sorry we are missing you by a little over a week, but an extra WDW trip that's AWESOME my friend! My kids are in love with BC and will.not.change of course I am having MK resort withdrawals but I'm excited to try the other side of the "world"

:wave2: Hiya friend! Hope you are well. Too bad we won't be able to meet up. This was totally a last minute trip for us...couldn't pass up the good rate we got!
Happy Planning....and NO CHANGING ;)

:offtopic:Question - not sure if I asked on this thread before or not...sorry if it's a repeat.

I know many of you book your Disney vacations using that Magical group...I have sent them two requests now for a quote, and an email, and it's been over a week. There hasn't been anything from them except the automated "Thank you....someone will be contacting you shortly...yada yada yada" message.

How long did it take for you to hear back from them? You can send me a PM if you prefer....

Thanks in advance....

:offtopic:Question - not sure if I asked on this thread before or not...sorry if it's a repeat.

I know many of you book your Disney vacations using that Magical group...I have sent them two requests now for a quote, and an email, and it's been over a week. There hasn't been anything from them except the automated "Thank you....someone will be contacting you shortly...yada yada yada" message.

How long did it take for you to hear back from them? You can send me a PM if you prefer....

Thanks in advance....

Tried to pm you but screwed it up. I use Shelly always quick and reliable. Hoping is ok to post this

Will the Brazilian Tour Groups (BTG's) be gone by the second week in August? I booked 8/6-10 to try to avoid them, but now I'm getting nervous that there will be some stragglers! I know it'll be crowded regardless, but I've been in July and just couldn't take it.

Thanks in advance....

I can't believe you are still waiting to hear from them. I know you probably checked, but did it go to your spam folder?
Here is their phone number. 856-310-0095

Its so nice to "see" you! I tend to take long breaks from the Dis when I don't have a trip planned. I'm excited to hear how you like the BC. With all of the FP changes, the WS has become our favorite hang out spot, if we like the BC it may become our home base.
We started off at the Poly , since I changed last year because of the Bungalow construction. Then the quiet pool construction this year lol. I am pleasantly surprised how hooked my family is on BC and we haven't even arrived :) I don't blame you on taking breaks from the DIS, it always makes me want to book a trip ;)
:wave2: Hiya friend! Hope you are well. Too bad we won't be able to meet up. This was totally a last minute trip for us...couldn't pass up the good rate we got!
Happy Planning....and NO CHANGING ;)
I've tried a few split stays...(GF, CR) but I am banned from changing from BC :) So happy for you!! Maybe we will stop at Pooler for dinner...on 8/24 ;)

page 65-66

:welcome: back!

Hard to say if the YC renovations will be done by then since the work has not started yet. I think the Beach Club work started in October 2014 and is expected to wrap up in August/September. Work is currently happening on the 2nd (and maybe 1st floor, not sure).

My guess is that if the YC work does start in early fall, renovations will be done in most sections of the resort by the end of the summer, but the rooms on lower floors could still be under construction.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! My husband was checking into the Poly to switch it up this time but we've had such memorable and wonderful experiences at the YC that we are afraid to switch it up lol Thanks for the info on the construction!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter