Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a question though. I've seen SAB from across the Boardwalk, and walked past it on the way to Cape May, and it the area looks huge, but does it ever feel too crowded to be enjoyable? We're 4 hour a day pool people.

It really wasn't a problem on our last trip (early June) but it was a huge issue for us when we were there during Easter week several years ago. We like the pool, and don't really need lounge chairs, but we do like to find a chair to put our stuff on and share when we are out of the pool. That trip we couldn't find one lounger, one table, one chair, or even a rock to put stuff on -- we finally put our towels and flip flops on a plant (I'm serious). Needless to say the pool was so full that it really wasn't very nice. I know that Easter is one of WDW's busiest times, though, and I don't think this would happen to you in October, but yes it can feel too crowded to be enjoyable. We do love SAB, but I personally sometimes prefer the resorts whose main pools are a little calmer. ;)

We just did our first BC stay and LOVED it. In fact we loved it so much that we're going back Labor Day weekend to the YC. I've always been a Monorail resort snob ;) never wanting to venture out of my comfort zone, but we adore the EP resorts location. The BC was literally a 5 minute walk to EP. SAB is now my kids favorite pool by far. While it does get crowded in the afternoons, I never felt like I couldn't move. We spent quite a bit of time there...would arrive early (around 9:30ish) and we basically had the pool to ourselves. People really started coming in around 11. Because it is so large, there is plenty of room for everyone.
Hi Heather,
It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay at the BC. I knew SAB would be a big hit with your kids. :)

I saw on another site that the villas are scheduled for refurb from the end of May through December 2015. I know nothing is happening now and Teena said they don't have an exact start date, but am curious if that window means it can start any time during that window (meaning it could start in December and carry on during my end of April stay) or if it means whenever it starts, it will be completed by the end of December?

I saw someone here got a letter saying YC was refurbing during her stay. Would they do YC and BCV at once? Or YC and then BCV? I really want to stay at BCV, but don't want construction going on in my building. I would like to hold out in hopes of getting a newly refurbed room, but also want to jump ship while there are options if construction is going to be an issue.

Just to clarify, the letter that we received under our door @ 6/10 stated that significant work would be done on ONE room near ours during our stay. We checked out of YC on 6/15, and heard no construction or refurb. noise during our stay. Not sure if they were starting on a "model" room for the refurb. near us? Likely that would have been above our room, which was on the 3rd floor.

This is just a friendly reminder about all the specific room numbers that are popping up on various threads from time to time. Someone will post that they were in room number XYZ and they had a fabulous view or they were right next to the exit or the room had a large balcony or they were some place desirable, etc, etc...

Sometimes people get the idea that they are going to request that SPECIFIC ROOM NUMBER.

Unfortunately, requesting a specific room number is the worst possible way to try to achieve your room REQUESTS. What the savvy Beach Club/Yacht Club thread members recommend is that you request an area or a category.

For instance if Bert and Ernie posted that they stayed in room number XYZ that had a day bed, the worst possible thing you could do would be to try and get that exact room by putting the room number in your room request. What you should do is just put "I would really like a day bed in my room".

Popular categories for room requests are Full balcony, Near the elevators, Near the lobby, Closer to the Epcot exit (for the Beach Club), Closer to the Gazebo (Yacht Club), Ground floor, Day bed and Higher floor. One time Ninja Mom stayed at the Beach Club and she requested near the Laundry room!

Hopefully folks are understanding that room requests are something that the staff tries to honor but might not be able to if the hotel is full.

The other thing that is important to understand is that Disney charges for certain room views so if you request a water view and you have only booked a standard room then the chances of you having a water view are slim, since there are people who paid for that category and they will have priority for those rooms over someone who has booked a standard room.

So like Ninja Mom says, sometimes it's Darts, other times it's Horse Shoes.... and room requests are very must like Horse Shoes, meaning the room assigners try to get close with your requests, unlike with darts where the shots are precisely set. That would be impossible for room requests, especially since the hotel is operating at close to maximum occupancy.

Since we are on the brink of the summer madness at the resort I am quite sure after reading this thread for the past couple of years that:

A) Someone will complain about the horrible __________. Usually it's some inconsequential thing that they are deeply offended by. The rest of us scratch our heads at the complainer and secretly feel sorry for their family since they have to live with that person.

B) Someone will post about seeing an A) Alligator B) invasion of some sort of insect or C) there was a bug in their room and what is the matter with this resort, a bug in my room is completely unacceptable! It would kind of be cool if the alligator was actually in their room. I'm still hoping to see that posted one day....

C) Someone will post about how horrible the noise was from the construction! They or their baby ONLY sleeps during the day (Because they must be Vampires or something) and they were disturbed by someone turning a screwdriver.

D) God help us it's the pool problem complaints. Too many people were at the pool, the water was too warm, the hot tub was too cold and the lifeguards made us get out of the water when they saw lightning but it wasn't raining. PS. That Music! What were they thinking! In my neighborhood no one plays music or otherwise makes noise while they are having a pool party! Can't somebody shut that dam music OFF!

E) Someone will complain about the air conditioner that was too cold or not cold enough. Another thing that could fit into this category would be the Water pressure/temperature/toilet problem. Yeah sure your husband clogs up the toilet so much at home that you have a yearly contract with a plumber to come and bail you out but Disney has pipes that are too small. I paid good money for enormous pipes! Disney's really going down hill!

F) Someone will complain that they had to walk SO FAR to get Coffee/Pop/liquor that their feet fell off and they dropped dead from exhaustion. What is the matter with this hotel that they had to walk for 5 minutes or less just to get this stuff!!!1!!1!!!1111!!!!!! Their Kitchen at home is not nearly that far and what was Disney thinking!!!

G) Someone will complain that there was NO PLACE to eat at this resort. NOTHING. NADA, Zip, ZILCH. Why can't they put a food court in here like they have at All Star Pop Century so that I can get the same piece of Chicken smashed into an anonymous bun and pay $12 dollars for it?? The fact that I would have to walk over to any one of a billion restaurants in Epcot is UNACCEPTABLE. I want my food court gosh darn it!

H) The __________ was too noisy. They could hear OTHER GUESTS at the resort!! What is wrong with Disney that people can actually hear other human beings/things that are staying/functioning at this resort!

I) My personal favorite: The maid did not leave them any towel animals, at least ones that they could identify since they watch the Animal Planet TV channel religiously. Or the complaint that housekeeping was horrible as the staff did not deep clean their room EVERYDAY. Never mind the fact that their dust bunnies at home are so ubiquitous that they had to place them on birth control so they would stop multiplying, These people paid good money to stay in a room that needs to sterilized every day. What is wrong with Disney!!!

J) Someone will complain that there was no place to put their stuff. You're darn tooting that each member of the family filled 2 suitcases with outfits for every occasion and they are cramming 5 people in one room but what was Disney thinking when we didn't have enough drawer space for a whole household's clothing allotment!

K) Someone will complain about the Cast Member that has not sufficiently kissed their rear end. Their whole trip was ruined because they specifically asked for square ice cubes and they were served the round ones instead. This person will spend HOURS demanding a refund for their entire stay! This is a DELUXE hotel for Gosh sakes and if they want square ice cubes they better get 'em!

L) Someone will complain about the fact that the sun came up in the morning and light from this celestial body penetrated their room and woke them up. This is definitely Disney's fault! (These people may in fact be related to the Vampires in letter C.)

I'm sure there is more so we will just have to stay tuned and see how this year's lunacy appears. Will we be surprised with a new category of complaint?? What new trip ruining tragedies will befall the odd and the inconsolable during this year's high summer season? Stay tuned to these boards and prepare to be amazed.

~NM

NM, thank you. Sometimes we tend to take ourselves too seriously and forget that we are on vacation to enjoy ourselves and not to see how miserable we can make things by focusing our thoughts and energy on the trivial. Having said that though, I want to add that I really do appreciate any and all comments about the experiences visitors have had to the YC/BC/BCV so I can learn from them, good, bad or indifferent. Keep those cards and letters coming! Anyone seen a phone book lately?
Katesdad

Last edited:
I'm sure there is more so we will just have to stay tuned and see how this year's lunacy appears. Will we be surprised with a new category of complaint?? What new trip ruining tragedies will befall the odd and the inconsolable during this year's high summer season? Stay tuned to these boards and prepare to be amazed.

~NM
NM - you forgot how horrible the buses were. They haven't stayed at the BC since 2005, and then only once, but they have to tell everyone that the BC bus stops at all five resorts all the time and it is always standing room only.

Last edited:
NM Thank You so much for the levity on a Sunday morning!!!! The thing that is so incredible is that it is all true. I just have to get my mind around the reality of the summer posts. I so love the YC/BC/BCV that reading some of these rants does make me cranky at times. Thanks again.

page 62-64

First time posting on this thread... This will be our 2nd trip to WDW. We were booked at WL for Thanksgiving week but decided to switch with all of the talk of possible construction at WL starting in Sept., we decided to switch. We were waffling between The Poly, where we stayed last time, and the BC...and chose BC :) We're currently booked for 11/25 -12/1. So excited!! :lovestruc Off to read through this thread and a BIG Thank You to everyone who contributed to this awesome thread....It's more helpful than you all can imagine- to someone who is brand new to all of this! :worship: Although this will only be our 2nd trip to Disney, we've become a little obsessed already!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1.

Let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:woohoo:

PS- love your screen name!

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

There aren't a lot of responses, but you can scope out a few room descriptions/views on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/bcv-room-photos.3216754/

I think I will want to walk from BC to YC bus stop when we go in December at least during the crowded times. Is there a sidewalk that connects the two? Or, does anyone have a quick and easy route?

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

:cool1:

That's a good question about the walk from BC to YC. I don't know. I have only done it from lobby to lobby and outside along the lakeside back of the resort. Can anyone answer about the walk from bus stop to bus stop at the front of the resort?

:goovibes:

Called at noon today when i saw the military rates had been extended to the end of the year. We got a room at BC for Oct 9-16 at the military rate! Our first stay at BC and we are very excited. Jumped online when I got home and got reservations for Beaches and Cream and Cape May, both are firsts for us. Now to read thru the thread and learn more about this resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our guest list.

:goodvibes

You snagged a couple of great reservations for your trip!

Hopefully you have found the wealth of info on the first page of this thread. Please let us know if you have any questions.

:thumbsup2

Hope that you have a GREAT TRIP!:cheer2: We're also staying at the Poly in Oct.. Interested to hear how you like it!:wave:

Should I add you to the Be Our Guest list? Split stay BCV and Poly in Oct?

We stayed in room 436. LOVED this location! It wasn't far from the main elevator, and we really enjoyed the peaceful view. We never heard any noise whatsoever. The BCVs have definitely become a favorite spot for us :)

Thanks for this post. Would you mind reposting this on the BCV Room Photo thread I have posted above?

Thanks!!!

I called yesterday and was able to secure the "last room with a military discount" available for the first weekend in October! We tried for the Poly first, it's our home away from home, but unfortunately there was no room at the discounted inn for us.

I'm VERY excited to stay at the BC for the first time, as our main purpose for this long weekend trip is Food and Wine. We've stayed at the Swan before, and we loved being able to walk to EPCOT from there, the fact that the BC is closer to the IG makes it even more convenient for what is sure to be a sweltering hot weekend.

I have a question though. I've seen SAB from across the Boardwalk, and walked past it on the way to Cape May, and it the area looks huge, but does it ever feel too crowded to be enjoyable? We're 4 hour a day pool people.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

You will find the BC is a great location for a F&W trip.

I think you will be ok with crowd conditions at the pool in October.

We just did our first BC stay and LOVED it. In fact we loved it so much that we're going back Labor Day weekend to the YC. I've always been a Monorail resort snob ;) never wanting to venture out of my comfort zone, but we adore the EP resorts location. The BC was literally a 5 minute walk to EP. SAB is now my kids favorite pool by far. While it does get crowded in the afternoons, I never felt like I couldn't move. We spent quite a bit of time there...would arrive early (around 9:30ish) and we basically had the pool to ourselves. People really started coming in around 11. Because it is so large, there is plenty of room for everyone.

Hope y'all enjoy your stay!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the BOG list again.

:cheer2:

I saw someone here got a letter saying YC was refurbing during her stay. Would they do YC and BCV at once? Or YC and then BCV? I really want to stay at BCV, but don't want construction going on in my building. I would like to hold out in hopes of getting a newly refurbed room, but also want to jump ship while there are options if construction is going to be an issue.

The confirmed info we know about the resort refurbs are in the first post on Page 1.

As the person who posted the YC notice clarified, the message was about a single room being worked on at the YC, probably a demo room to test the furniture/décor and other materials they are considering using.

All along, the plan was to work on the Beach Club Villas at the same time at the BC/YC refurbs. From what I understand, there are different construction teams working at the two places. I still have not seen an official start date announced, but based on the following post, and the fact that a lot of rooms were released for availability in August, a fall start for the BCV rehab is a good bet.

:)

We are staying in the BCV in September and received a letter saying that there would be construction during that time.

Thanks so much for posting this! When did you receive this letter?

Needing some loving in my Happy Place. Such horrendous news out of Tunisia. Terrorist attack on a tourist beach. Thousands are being flown home. It doesnt bear thinking about.

:grouphug:

Such tragic news!

Hoping you find some solace and distraction on these pages. A good start is ~NM's post below

::yes::

We are here! Checked in earlier and received an upgrade to a garden view room. We are on the 4th floor and we love the new rooms. They are gorgeous! We spent the night at SAB and just watched the DHS fireworks from there.

Great start! Have a fantastic trip!!!

Since we are on the brink of the summer madness at the resort I am quite sure after reading this thread for the past couple of years that:

Thanks for your tounge-in-cheek Gripe Review

:rotfl2:

Last edited:
YC is just my favorite. (Have stayed at Poly, GF, BC, BWI, WL, WLV, BWV, OKW, CSR, POFQ, SSR when it was the Disney Institute. ASMU, and ASports.)Was making ressies for next year and toyed with idea of garden suite at BWI but in the end just couldn't give up the YC. So much for my plan to try new accommodations. So YC CL Nov 2-7, 2016 for me.

I've learned how to manage YC on a scooter. It just nice to know where the ramps and push button opening doors are located and not have to learn new routes. YC has had no issues for me with the scooter (GF elevator doors close too fast and are really difficult). The bell staff are the drop off and pick up liaisons for off site scooter rentals and they have been so nice. They were really great the time the scooter broke down due to faulty electrics and had to be switched out. The bus pickup before BC is a help with the scooter also.

So, no rants or complaints from me

YC is just my favorite. (Have stayed at Poly, GF, BC, BWI, WL, WLV, BWV, OKW, CSR, POFQ, SSR when it was the Disney Institute. ASMU, and ASports.)Was making ressies for next year and toyed with idea of garden suite at BWI but in the end just couldn't give up the YC. So much for my plan to try new accommodations. So YC CL Nov 2-7, 2016 for me.

I've learned how to manage YC on a scooter. It just nice to know where the ramps and push button opening doors are located and not have to learn new routes. YC has had no issues for me with the scooter (GF elevator doors close too fast and are really difficult). The bell staff are the drop off and pick up liaisons for off site scooter rentals and they have been so nice. They were really great the time the scooter broke down due to faulty electrics and had to be switched out. The bus pickup before BC is a help with the scooter also.

So, no rants or complaints from me

Cool!

I'll add you onto the BOG for 2016 in addition to your upcoming anniversary trip.

:goodvibes:

OMG that list is hilarious! Sadly true, but makes me laugh nontheless. On the bug front, I feel compelled to say that while I have seen them outside, never in a resort and never had a bite. And I am allergic to mosquitoes, so it floors my FL based friend that A. I dare to go to FL with my allergy and B. That I am not eaten alive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter