Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow I don't feel so bad now! I admit as a vacation neat freak... the kids outfits for each day are packaged in zipper freezer bags. Saves us the hassle of fighting over what they might wear or figuring out outfits, and easy to pack and unpack. Wait, should I be questioning my sanity now? lol
I do the same. One outfit per bag!

page 60-62

44 days from our first stay at the YC (Aug 8-15)!! After several stays at AKL, WL and Poly, this is our first at an Epcot area resort and are VERY excited to be in this area and resort this time around! We'll be in a standard view club level room. Any thoughts/feedback on the view (not as important as the area for this trip) and club level experience?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:cool1:

Here is the link to a thread with some samples of room views by category.

Yacht Club Room Views

There is a post about club level at the resort (Post 12, maybe?) and there is a dedicated thread in the resorts subforum about club level.

My favorite part of club level is the quick breakfast offerings which allow us to get out to the parks as early as possible.

:)

love all the pics! Im so glad I did the switch to yacht club, its been a few years since we have stayed there, even though we love cbr Im settled with this choice for this upcoming trip! My daughter, granddaughter, and a friend whom are coming along have never stayed at a deluxe so why not stay at my number 1 deluxe! Booked a standard view with a uoc hope I wont get disappointed in it as we have only booked lagoon view previously! Any suggestions on what to request for a decent view, maybe just request nice view?, wish I was there now!:sunny:

Have I given you a :welcome: to the thread yet???

I don't have you on the BOG list, so I will add you. December?

:woohoo:

Take a peek at the view thread I posted above. From what I understand, the worst YC CL views are at the end of one of the hallways, so maybe requesting "Close to lounge/Close to lobby elevators" would be a good idea.

:thumbsup2

I'm headed back to the Beach club August 18-27!! I booked the room awhile ago but just booked the airfare today.My husband has a major project going on at work so we didn't know if we really were going to be able to go and he is only coming for part of the trip but WE ARE GOING!!! Hopefully I survive being alone with my 5yr old ds and 14 yr old dd who constantly fight and drive me nuts! It is the first time being away without dh being with me for all of it and first time flying alone with the kids. So when you see a crazy woman at the pool yelling JAKE constantly say hi cause it's me!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes:

Thanks for posting these. I have some packing tips in the "Other Useful Information" Post- I'll add these links.

:thumbsup2

And on the packing theme-I've got my toiletries purchased/collect (and yes checked off the list), started looking over my clothes to pack. This of course made me realize I needed (cough, cough) a few more new tops! I NEED it to be time to go. Cranky household-don't plan a graduation party for your son with your nephew! All was well until my brother-in-law wanted his way. DH & DS ready to call it quits. There's a 70% chance of rain-don't you love 1st world problems!
Vacation can't get here soon enough...

Good luck with the party and Congrats to your son!

party:

Well everything is pretty much done for my stay at Beach Club Resort on Saturday. I was able to get a 1:35 pm reservation at Chef Mickey's for Brunch and since I'm arriving at the airport at 905 am, this should give me plenty of time to check in with ME, take the 45-50 min ride to the Beach Club, check in and catch a bus to MK so I can walk over to the Contemporary. Since I'm staying Club Level usually the check in process is pretty quick since someone is usually waiting for you outside when you arrive. I'm taking advantage of where I'm staying to try Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, Cape May Cafe.

Sounds like some incredible plans! Have a great trip!

:cool1:

Well, I'm coming back home. :love: We stayed at GF in June. It was beautiful, and we loved our stay, but we (especially my kids) missed being able to stroll around Epcot at night and of course they missed SAB! So, we are going to try a one bedroom standard villa at BC April 3rd-6th. (We are doing a split stay at Universal because youngest dd loves Harry Potter.) Since we have never stayed in a villa, any recommendations on room requests?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I don't have any advice about the villas but do you have any questions about Universal? Are you staying onsite?

:wizard:

Last edited:
Did I read correctly (within this string) that the buses arriving at BC station are typically crowded or full due to picking up at YC first? I'll be at the BC August 11-16 and I'm trying to convince my DW that the walk to YC bus station is a good idea.

Did I read correctly (within this string) that the buses arriving at BC station are typically crowded or full due to picking up at YC first? I'll be at the BC August 11-16 and I'm trying to convince my DW that the walk to YC bus station is a good idea.
Depends on the time of day. Early in the morning, probably not. Later in the morning, maybe but you may get the second one stopping (they have been known to come in pairs) where it could be empty. If you want to be certain, walk to the YC. But then you could be on the bus when it stops at BC and say to yourslf, "Self, why did I make that five-minute walk over to the YC? There is plenty of room on this bus.".
Katesdad

First time posting on this thread... This will be our 2nd trip to WDW. We were booked at WL for Thanksgiving week but decided to switch with all of the talk of possible construction at WL starting in Sept., we decided to switch. We were waffling between The Poly, where we stayed last time, and the BC...and chose BC :) We're currently booked for 11/25 -12/1. So excited!! :lovestruc Off to read through this thread and a BIG Thank You to everyone who contributed to this awesome thread....It's more helpful than you all can imagine- to someone who is brand new to all of this! :worship: Although this will only be our 2nd trip to Disney, we've become a little obsessed already!

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

I think I will want to walk from BC to YC bus stop when we go in December at least during the crowded times. Is there a sidewalk that connects the two? Or, does anyone have a quick and easy route?

Teena - hope your little Princess had a magical trip! She had good taste ( a girl after my own heart)!

Can't wait til August. We will come bearing tasty cakes!!!

The buses tend to be the most crowded at park opening. When we were at the BC this April we had a very full MK bus arrive with an empty MK bus right behind it. I thought it was rather funny to see how many people crammed themselves on the crowded bus rather then get on the empty one that was waiting right there. We got on the empty one and got to sit down. ;)

We've never walked to the YC when staying at the BC in order to get an empty bus. There weren't that many full ones to worry about. And I figured that if I took the time to walk to the YC then I was surely going to miss the next bus. ;)

15 days Peeps!!! I am so excited.

The Monorail situation just confirmed to me that I made the right choice when I switched to BC!!

16 for us, and we switched from Poly too! What monorail situation? ( Been off the DIS for a few days.)

Called at noon today when i saw the military rates had been extended to the end of the year. We got a room at BC for Oct 9-16 at the military rate! Our first stay at BC and we are very excited. Jumped online when I got home and got reservations for Beaches and Cream and Cape May, both are firsts for us. Now to read thru the thread and learn more about this resort.

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

I don't think any BCV rooms face the lagoon/Boardwalk. You can click on BCV in this link, and then click on the rooms to see the views. BCV is sort of behind BC.

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-beach-club-villas

I don't have any advice about the villas but do you have any questions about Universal? Are you staying onsite?

I have lots of universal questions! Yes, we are staying onsite. I'm planning to stay at Hard Rock (I think my 17 year old will like it there...since Harry Potter is for the youngest.)
I'm trying to wait to see when special deals are offered or discounts on cheaptickets. Any idea when those will become available? What's the best way to get from BC to Universal without renting a car?[/QUOTE]

I have lots of universal questions! Yes, we are staying onsite. I'm planning to stay at Hard Rock (I think my 17 year old will like it there...since Harry Potter is for the youngest.)
I'm trying to wait to see when special deals are offered or discounts on cheaptickets. Any idea when those will become available? What's the best way to get from BC to Universal without renting a car?

Hard Rock is a great choice! We will be staying there for the 3rd time at the end of August. My boys are soon-to-be 17 and 14.

The hotel has a really cool vibe and it is so close to City Walk. I just posted a photo tour of the shortcut through the parking lot in my "Freezing Florida" trip report if you want an even quicker walk between the hotel and City Walk.

I checked cheaptickets yesterday and the rate is no better than what we booked. Don't know when the deals come out. I may have just missed the Annual Passholder rate by a few days. :(

We use Ed Korgan Travel to get between Disney and Universal. I think it is around $100 plus tip round trip ($45 one way) for private transfer. Some have used Uber- there is a sticky thread over on the Universal Boards on the DIS (in resort hotels, I think) about transportation options.

pixiedust:

Last edited:

I'm trying to wait to see when special deals are offered or discounts on cheaptickets. Any idea when those will become available? What's the best way to get from BC to Universal without renting a car?
[/QUOTE]
We stayed at Portofino for 3 days before WDW and used Quicksilver Car service to transfer us from Portofino to WDW resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter