Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm headed back to the Beach club August 18-27!! I booked the room awhile ago but just booked the airfare today.My husband has a major project going on at work so we didn't know if we really were going to be able to go and he is only coming for part of the trip but WE ARE GOING!!! Hopefully I survive being alone with my 5yr old ds and 14 yr old dd who constantly fight and drive me nuts! It is the first time being away without dh being with me for all of it and first time flying alone with the kids. So when you see a crazy woman at the pool yelling JAKE constantly say hi cause it's me!

I'm headed back to the Beach club August 18-27!! I booked the room awhile ago but just booked the airfare today.My husband has a major project going on at work so we didn't know if we really were going to be able to go and he is only coming for part of the trip but WE ARE GOING!!! Hopefully I survive being alone with my 5yr old ds and 14 yr old dd who constantly fight and drive me nuts! It is the first time being away without dh being with me for all of it and first time flying alone with the kids. So when you see a crazy woman at the pool yelling JAKE constantly say hi cause it's me!

I'll be there a few of those days, so I'll wave if I see you. I'm flying down with my 12-year-old and 3-year-old. My sister and niece will be there for part of the trip, but for the first day and last two I'll be on my own. If you hear someone telling Amara to stop bugging her sister, that will be me. Or I assume so, because there likely won't be too many Amara's swimming around SAB.

Noticed you have a packing list you've developed over time. Any chance you are willing to share it?

I use Shannon Albert's from WDW Prep School. She's done an updated one with check boxes that makes my life easier. I downloaded it then edited it for my needs (I don't have small children so I delete that portion of it). If you can't find it let me know and I will try to pm it to you.

I use Shannon Albert's from WDW Prep School. She's done an updated one with check boxes that makes my life easier. I downloaded it then edited it for my needs (I don't have small children so I delete that portion of it). If you can't find it let me know and I will try to pm it to you.
I was just going to post this:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/packinglist/newpackinglist.pdf

There is another good one from themouseforless.com:

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/UltimatePackingList/UltimatePackingList-.pdf

I second this request! I lost my old packing list when we got a new computer, and I really don't want to make up a new one - too much thinking involved...:rolleyes1
:sunny:

Sorry-didn't keep reading, just answered! I can do the same for you if you need me to. I like the WDW Prep School site. She has the pdf files to make the mousekeeping envelopes that I use every time. She has some other things that are interesting too. Hope that helps! Let me know if you need me to send it.

And on the packing theme-I've got my toiletries purchased/collect (and yes checked off the list), started looking over my clothes to pack. This of course made me realize I needed (cough, cough) a few more new tops! I NEED it to be time to go. Cranky household-don't plan a graduation party for your son with your nephew! All was well until my brother-in-law wanted his way. DH & DS ready to call it quits. There's a 70% chance of rain-don't you love 1st world problems!
Vacation can't get here soon enough...

Thanks for the replies! Great info. I'll be at the BC August 11-16. I'll be the one with DW, DD, 2 DS's and then my brother- and sister in-law and 2 nieces all in tow!

Only question I have is if you use the "secret door" at BC to EPCOT, does it have stairs? If you don't think to check, no worries- just have a great vacation!!!!
No, the secret door is ground level. It doesn't have any stairs. But there is a staircase inside the building for those who want to get to a higher floor. It is technically the fire exit.

When we are staying in that last wing at YC, we usually go outside to get to the lobby. It cuts off quite a bit of the walk, and it's prettier.

Have a great trip!!!!
That is what we did when we had a room near the YC secret exit. I think the only time we used the hallway was to bring our suitcases down to the lobby for check out. ;) Otherwise we used the exit door. It was shorter to walk outside then through the hallways, or at least more scenic. :)

We'll be there August 20-31. We are traveling with our three youngest DD 17, Dd celebrating her Sweet 16 and DS 15. Do the math. 3 equals 2 against 1 always. So I will nevatbthebpool CONSTANTLY telling someone to stop fighting and/or bugging their brother or sister!

What destinations did you go to using Uber? Can you get past the resort parking lot gates? Can you get past the park parking lot gates?

We did go from BC to front of Epcot. One driver says you just tell them you're dropping off and they don't charge, when she comes in to the resort, same thing. The 2nd driver was young, and very quiet, he says they charge but when he rolled the window down I told the lady he was just dropping me off and she waved us on

So 2 drivers 2 stories

Interesting question. I've been interested in the Uber employee versus independent contractor issue. But you made me curious, so I googled it and found this:

"Both Lyft and Uber have $1 million of liability coverage along with $1 million of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, in case passengers in a ride-sharing vehicle are injured by another motorist with insufficient coverage. According to Lyft’s website, this coverage applies from the time the rider accepts a ride request until the time the ride is officially ended in the app (presumably, after the passenger has exited the vehicle).

It would seem that for most cases, the policy of the ride-sharing company will cover your costs — but it’s not obvious whether you will have to go through other insurance paths first. Theoretically, damages could be covered by the ride-sharing company’s liability if your driver was at fault, a third-party’s insurance company if they were at fault instead of the driver, or your own personal auto insurance company. Insurance is state-regulated, and as Lyft’s website notes, “…coverage may be modified to comply with local regulations and state laws.”

Both Uber and Lyft make it clear on their terms and conditions pages that passengers assume risk in using their services. Experts think the disclaimers alone are not likely to shield Uber and Lyft from liability when push comes to shove, especially if the ride-share driver is clearly at fault.

What happens if a third-party driver is involved or causes the accident? If fault is in question, it’s not obvious with whom a harmed passenger should be filing a claim. There’s no guarantee that third-party coverage is sufficient, or whether ride-sharing services can force you to go through the third party’s insurance if the fault is still in question."

http://time.com/money/3901606/uber-lyft-insurance-liability-passengers/

DH is an independent contractor, and said an uber driver is suing the status? I have no idea what this means, but DH says it could affect his job (computer engineer) as well

Well everything is pretty much done for my stay at Beach Club Resort on Saturday. I was able to get a 1:35 pm reservation at Chef Mickey's for Brunch and since I'm arriving at the airport at 905 am, this should give me plenty of time to check in with ME, take the 45-50 min ride to the Beach Club, check in and catch a bus to MK so I can walk over to the Contemporary. Since I'm staying Club Level usually the check in process is pretty quick since someone is usually waiting for you outside when you arrive. I'm taking advantage of where I'm staying to try Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, Cape May Cafe.

Well, I'm coming back home. :love: We stayed at GF in June. It was beautiful, and we loved our stay, but we (especially my kids) missed being able to stroll around Epcot at night and of course they missed SAB! So, we are going to try a one bedroom standard villa at BC April 3rd-6th. (We are doing a split stay at Universal because youngest dd loves Harry Potter.) Since we have never stayed in a villa, any recommendations on room requests?

DH is an independent contractor, and said an uber driver is suing the status? I have no idea what this means, but DH says it could affect his job (computer engineer) as well

If this link doesn't work, google: WSJ uber independent contractor

http://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-dr...tractor-california-commission-says-1434557958

I was reading about a decision by California's labor commissioner, not a court. Uber wants to say that drivers are independent contractors; the labor commissioner said they are employees.

page 58-60

So glad to hear you are off to a great start and had a chance to visit with Teena.

Thank you so much for the very important reminder about drinking plenty of fluids.

:sunny:

Room 3150 at YC had 2 Q beds + daybed. We had 5 as well. Balcony looked out over the wedding gazebo. If you sat in the chair on the right there was a nice view of the lagoon and BWI, but it was facing more toward DHS than EP.

:welcome:

Thanks so much for posting the notice you received and letting us know about this!

We also really appreciate the pictures of your amazing view!

I would love it if you could add your view and room description post to this thread:

Yacht Club Room Views

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes:

Thanks for letting us know about this and giving another report about the current weather.

::yes::

Here's a couple of pictures taken by one of our friends here on the FAQ board, kldmom2000 in July 2011

View attachment 105385

View attachment 105386

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Thanks for the additional info. When you are home, I would love to see a photo of the finished item.

:)

Great view!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

:goodvibes:

Wow! Gorgeous view! Thanks for checking in with us and have an incredible trip.

:banana::banana::banana:

:welcome: home!

Have a fantastic trip.

:cool1:

Thanks! Have a Poly stay first which the monorail situation is making me dread, so a nice BC stay where I don't have to play "how do I get there" seems very relaxing. Those are some scary lightening pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter