Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

To the late packers.....don't feel bad. For every vacation I pack the night before. I mean I need my stuff up until the day. Hair products, clothes, toilitries. I do it in about 30 minutes.

I am a planner/pre-packer/un-packer/re-packer....when I get to my room, I unpack and put everything in drawers or closet...nice and organized.

When I have traveled with family, I make "rules" like "put your stuff away," "no wet towels on the bed," "keep this room picked up,"...etc.

I have also traveled with friends who sometimes make me a little crazy....one lives out of a suitcase the entire trip...never puts anything into the dresser drawers...just digs through the suitcase...:eek:

One friend is really a challenge ...during our last trip, I went to her house the night before out 7 AM flight so we could take a one taxi to the airport in the morning. She hadn't even started packing! She had piles all over her house, and took some stuff from a pile, then put it in the suitcase, then went to another pile, and sometimes just put stuff from one pile into another pile. I was crazy by the time she finally did get everything packed. Then in our room, she NEVER put anything away - clothes got just hung over the back of a chair, food wrappers just left on the dresser. oy. :faint: I would have truly lost it if she wasn't my best friend and Disney traveling buddy...

This friend is also the one that was able to pack her entire mess back into her one suitcase for our return trip (I still can't figure that one out!)...one of us had to go to the gift shop and purchase a second suitcase to fit everything...(I swear, I didn't buy that much!!!)

HA HA HA:rotfl2:

My last 10 trips, I've stayed at the Boardwalk. For my upcoming trip, in early December, I couldn't get a room at the Boardwalk so I booked a club level room at the Yacht Club. How concerned should I be about the construction? I was at the Boardwalk during their last renovation and it wasn't pretty but I can't say that the noise really affected me being that I wasn't in my room during the day.

I am a planner/pre-packer/un-packer/re-packer....when I get to my room, I unpack and put everything in drawers or closet...nice and organized.

When I have traveled with family, I make "rules" like "put your stuff away," "no wet towels on the bed," "keep this room picked up,"...etc.

I have also traveled with friends who sometimes make me a little crazy....one lives out of a suitcase the entire trip...never puts anything into the dresser drawers...just digs through the suitcase...:eek:

One friend is really a challenge ...during our last trip, I went to her house the night before out 7 AM flight so we could take a one taxi to the airport in the morning. She hadn't even started packing! She had piles all over her house, and took some stuff from a pile, then put it in the suitcase, then went to another pile, and sometimes just put stuff from one pile into another pile. I was crazy by the time she finally did get everything packed. Then in our room, she NEVER put anything away - clothes got just hung over the back of a chair, food wrappers just left on the dresser. oy. :faint: I would have truly lost it if she wasn't my best friend and Disney traveling buddy...

This friend is also the one that was able to pack her entire mess back into her one suitcase for our return trip (I still can't figure that one out!)...one of us had to go to the gift shop and purchase a second suitcase to fit everything...(I swear, I didn't buy that much!!!)

HA HA HA:rotfl2:

Oh dear! That's insane! lol

I also have the same rules. We unpack immediately and the hotel room has to be NEAT and ORGANIZED. I feel that when you are in a small hotel room you must be neat and organized or it just looks so cluttered. Clutter = chaos to me. I would never be able to relax.

Even my kids know the rules. My BF is a bigger neat freak than me.

I do pack the night before but it's done in an orderly fashion. The kids are done a few days before since they don't require much.

Has anyone stayed in one of the BCR - 1 bedroom suites - Club Level before. I'm t the check in point since I leave in 4 days and was wondering if there is really anything I need to request, room wise, top floor, lower floor, etc.

I have worked in the hotel industry for 10 years. I never ever use the hotel dresser. I did buy a hanging organizer for the closet to use my children's things.

Oh dear! That's insane! lol

I also have the same rules. We unpack immediately and the hotel room has to be NEAT and ORGANIZED. I feel that when you are in a small hotel room you must be neat and organized or it just looks so cluttered. Clutter = chaos to me. I would never be able to relax.

Even my kids know the rules. My BF is a bigger neat freak than me.

I do pack the night before but it's done in an orderly fashion. The kids are done a few days before since they don't require much.

Wow I don't feel so bad now! I admit as a vacation neat freak... the kids outfits for each day are packaged in zipper freezer bags. Saves us the hassle of fighting over what they might wear or figuring out outfits, and easy to pack and unpack. Wait, should I be questioning my sanity now? lol

Hi all! I am scheduled to check into Yacht Club on 9/13, but I am a little concerned about the possibility of construction. I can move us to Boardwalk, something that wouldn't be too big a hassle for us. Any thoughts on if I should consider this? If they have just started renos on the BC villas, is it possible they won't have moved over to YC by Sept? TIA!
They are not finished with the BC but from what we are hearing I'm thinking they are on schedule to have the BC completed by mid- to - late August. So they will swing over to YC in September, probably starting on the CL floor. I did not read where the BCV renovations have started yet (is there something I've missed?). They woked the lobby floor and have done a couple of mock-up rooms but then we see that room inventory was released in August which seems to send mixed signals. I would think that unless you are YC-CL you should be largely unaffected by any renovation work going on at the YC in September during your stay. If you are close to the noise, just ask to be moved. I would think they will try to accomodate that request.

My last 10 trips, I've stayed at the Boardwalk. For my upcoming trip, in early December, I couldn't get a room at the Boardwalk so I booked a club level room at the Yacht Club. How concerned should I be about the construction? I was at the Boardwalk during their last renovation and it wasn't pretty but I can't say that the noise really affected me being that I wasn't in my room during the day.
So you are YC-CL in December? They better be finished with that work by then if they start in September like we are thinking they are going to do. You should get the best of the renovation work to enjoy during your stay. Of course all bets are off if they delay the start-up but I don't think they would do that unless there was something major happening that they need to correct first before beginning the work. We'll just have to stay tuned in and see what is posted by those who are going to be there in late August. I'm sure that group will be all over this renovation project (maybe engaging the workers in another pool-noodle fight?).
Katesdad

Has anyone heard about Captains Grille closing? I've been trying to make reservations for the week of Dec 6, with no luck (I'm within my 180 days). I even called Disney to try to book with no luck, they don't know why I can't make reservations. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the YC renovations.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hi Cocoabean :wave2: :hug:

More than likely the difficulty securing a DINING reservation at the Captain's Grille has NOTHING to do with the ROOM refurbishment at the Yacht Club. Not too long ago the Captain's Grille underwent a "Freshening" so it's not really due for anything as far as the scuttlebutt goes.

What IS happening is that the Disney dining reservations system is in a mess, with restaurants not being loaded in the system in a timely manner and then availability goes on and off line with no explanation. This more than likely accounts for the difficulty in securing a reservation, anywhere, at a Disney restaurant. Of course there is the third possibility of "Other" that could account for the difficulty but the restaurant is not impacted by the future room renovations at the Yacht Club.

It would bear repeating that at this time there is no "Scuttlebutt" about the start time for the Yacht Club renovation in Club Level rooms, regular rooms nor is there any reliable information about completion dates.

Sorry, that's the best that we can do! IF information were to pop up our List maven "NateBenMaDEE" would post it prominently on page one of this thread.

This post has been a rumor quashing service of Ninja Mom, purveyor of mostly useless entertainment sprinkled with the occasional helpful post. In the event of an actual post, containing relevant information, one would see the Ninja Mom seal of approval displayed next to her initials.

~NM Seal of quality-control-approved.jpg

PS, Sorry this is a little small. I'll try to make it BIGGER next time to that people can actually see it

Has anyone heard about Captains Grille closing? I've been trying to make reservations for the week of Dec 6, with no luck (I'm within my 180 days). I even called Disney to try to book with no luck, they don't know why I can't make reservations. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the YC renovations.
I noticed the same issue (posted a few pages back) for the Dec. 11 - 17 time period. My memory of a recent refurb at the Captains Grille is consistent with NM and Dee's comments as well. I can only surmise that NM is correct in that the system is SNAFU or the place is closed for a new remodeling. I'll be checking infrequently over the next several months just to see if it does free up (we want an 8:30am ressie on a Thursday so I'm not too worred) but in the meantime I've got a Cape May reservation in my hip pocket just in case. Perhaps our ever-knowing end of August group of DISers might meet there and ask someone who would be directly affected should the place actually be in a lock-down mode at that time of December.
Katesdad

Walked back from International Gateway. Scuttled in the back door to BCV - and that last stretch, where BC rooms on the right and BCV on the left.... smokers benches in front...

distinct hammering heard.

Tried to take a picture, but the phone won't peer inside. I saw a painter and I saw a bed with plastic wrap on it.... and hammering.
It was 2nd floor rooms there were 3 windows on that pathway, and the corner room/area that faces Epcot is where I heard hammering

Its 5:00 pm FL time June 23

Hey, wonder if anyone can help me with this question. First let me say I am not tech savy. I do not have a "smart" phone (it's about as dumb as I am) and I don't ahve a facebook site or any of those other things. I'm lucky to have access to the internet through IE and I do have a My Disney Experience account. Okay, having said that, is there any way I can sign up to be on a "Disney Blog" where you get updates on what is happeing in the park? I've been trying to book a Behind the Scenes Backstage Magical Tour but the system has not released the date yet (should have happened last week). The CM said I should sign up for the Disney Blog site so that I'll get updates on when the dates have been released. I tried but I was not able to set up my email account to get the information. Has anyone had experience with this site and can you please point me in the proper direction so that I may accomplish this? Much appreciated.
Katesdad.

Tell us what you thought of the Undiscovered Future World Tour...I've looked at it many times but never taken it....

It's a 5 hour tour, much like the Keys to the Kingdom tour - only no lunch! Our guide gave us a "15" minute break in Sunshine Seasons around 11:15 - I knew dd needed food, and got her a child's portion of mac n cheese, and that came with water - now tell me why the MK tours come with water, and the Epcot tour does not? I plan to write to Disney about this, with this heat, its just water, charge me $1 more and give me a bottle of water - its brutally hot outside!

The other thing - its a history lesson, and we're geeks so we liked it. But it is the same Walt, so it is the same story - and the pride, and the guide are different, and good, so we don't mind hearing that history (and the day before dd spent 1 hour in One Man's Dream, its a lot for this mom to take, but dd 17 enjoys history, so I find a place to sit...) They ask you to check in early 8:30, and the tour begins at 9, the outside CM's didn't want us walking to the fountain, unless we were walking for breakfast...

and there are no chairs. This is a problem for me. I don't know how people can stand for one hour! I parked my toushe on the window sill while he talked about Walt and we looked at the huge posters on the wall behind the Guest Relation Desk.

Our guide did have a nice pleasant sense of humor, and his knowledge, or giving tours is what he did for a living... he was good! It was a definite highlight for DD - we did go behind the desk in to the CM hallway, in to the Imagination/invention, all the while Robert explained how and why things were the way we were. He talked about Spaceship Earth, but we didn't ride that (some reviewers did) We walked from Soarin (lots of trivia) road Soarin, Walked to Nemo Aquarium and were taken to the spot where they have private functions and watched the fish, and more trivia (interesting for DD, she loved this part - we got to sit here, so I was good!)

We did ride Soarin, he rode with us, we got the 'sweet spot' Row 1 Center track - and he said this will be gone soon - and be replaced with digital movie, and about the 5 parks...

we left out of Soarin to see how close Canada is! Just amazing, you can see the top of Beach club! Such illusions to how far things are!

Walked to Mars (I'm mixing the order, and can not remember how we got to backstage where the costumes are kept - we got to see the thousands of costumes that the people in Epcot wear... we got to see the department that were working on things for the new Frozen attraction and we did see some wigs... for pretty people that may greet little people....

and we walked outside under - WAIT - under Test track around corner to the Backstage Costume department! Its hot!

mostly a lot of standing and listening - but we thought it was cool - we got to go to the top of Figment too...

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed in one of the BCR - 1 bedroom suites - Club Level before. I'm t the check in point since I leave in 4 days and was wondering if there is really anything I need to request, room wise, top floor, lower floor, etc.

We stayed in one as a pixie dust upgrade a few years back. It was very nice, although not on the same floor as the club lounge. It was right at the corner towards Epcot, by the stairs to the "secret entrance" and had a huge balcony that stretched the length of the room on the woods (Epcot) side. You could easily hear the British band, and occasionally even Off-Kilter.

I'd suggest higher floor as a request, to get as close as possible to the 5th floor where the lounge is, and maybe large balcony?

... is there any way I can sign up to be on a "Disney Blog" where you get updates on what is happening in the park? I've been trying to book a Behind the Scenes Backstage Magical Tour but the system has not released the date yet (should have happened last week). The CM said I should sign up for the Disney Blog site so that I'll get updates on when the dates have been released.

I don't know of a blog or website which tells you when dates for tours get released, or are about to be released. The only thing I've ever noticed is blogs/websites which tell you when tickets will go on sale for the parties like MNSSHP and the Christmas one.

I have certain blogs/websites bookmarked. When I'm procrastinating or talking on the phone and get put on hold, I look at them. You don't "sign up" for them.

I like these two:
http://blog.touringplans.com/
http://www.wdwmagic.com/

This sounds more like what the CM mentioned to you, but I get bored with it because it covers Disneyland as well as Disney World:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

CMs on the phone are notorious for giving out incorrect information. And, as NinjaMom recently mentioned, the Disney technology system isn't great. People can't make ADRs at restaurants which should be available. Maybe the same is happening for booking tours which should be available.

Do I want to know why you don't put clothes in a hotel dresser? I am half afriad and half interested in the reasons
I know why I don't put clothes in a hotel dresser...BEDBUGS! TOO WORRIED!:scared1::scared1: What the heck, "live out of a suitcase" neatly, lol!:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!