Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Of course!! Except if you are me, and wait until the very last minute. I like to refer to myself as a packcrastinator ;)

My problem is I've been planning too long for this trip! Room-paid, ADRs-scheduled, disney floral for DD 21st bday-done, tours-planned and paid, FP+-scheduled...now what to do! I want to pack but know I actually need to wear some of the clothes between now and then. DH will be packing the night before we go just to drive me crazy, DS & DD will follow his lead. Then all 3 of them will drive me nuts asking where everything is for them to pack!

My problem is I've been planning too long for this trip! Room-paid, ADRs-scheduled, disney floral for DD 21st bday-done, tours-planned and paid, FP+-scheduled...now what to do! I want to pack but know I actually need to wear some of the clothes between now and then. DH will be packing the night before we go just to drive me crazy, DS & DD will follow his lead. Then all 3 of them will drive me nuts asking where everything is for them to pack!
I overplan, and make lists...for some reason I hate the packing part. And DH forget it, he will just tell me which shirts to pack. My kids however have their backpacks started as I type :)

I overplan, and make lists...for some reason I hate the packing part. And DH forget it, he will just tell me which shirts to pack. My kids however have their backpacks started as I type :)

I do the same with the lists. I have a notebook-I rewrite my lists, add things to the lists, etc. Family finds me just mildly obsessive (lol). On the other hand, when they go to pack, I have to produce the list at their request so they don't forget something. I sometimes wonder how they will survive once I don't do lists for them....

I know several of us here are staying on a magical deal in mid-late August. I got an email about a dessert party they're hosting on the 19th in Epcot. I'm thinking of signing up for it. Anyone else interested?
It's before we arrive!

Ok we did it book for Beach club woods/garden view from January 5th-11th! First stay at a deluxe can't wait! I will be there for marathon weekend events. Any tips on anything at the resorts during that time? Do a lot of runners stay here? We stayed at POR for marathon weekend last year and am interested to see how it compares.

We just took the Undiscovered FutureWorld Tour - and we get VIP area in Italy to view Illuminations - we walked by last night and there were tables set up for a wedding party - its a really nice area - good view of the show.

Tell us what you thought of the Undiscovered Future World Tour...I've looked at it many times but never taken it....

Question about using the different TA's vs. Disney's Travel CMs....

I have used the same TA for several years...she is on top of the upcoming Promotions, but the quotes are the same as if I used the Disney web site for the resv.

Many of you use different TAs, and there have been many posts about the Magical offers (don't what to get into trouble again with the DIS forum admins by posting their website!)...and you say you get really good deals...can you tell me about them? PM is fine if you like...

Hubby and I are celebrating our Anniversary this fall at BC during F&W, but I'm also looking at a trip with my DSIL, her DD, and DD's DD...4 of us...probably two rooms at POFQ - we don't think we can swing two rooms at BC, or the 2 BR Villas, but perhaps if the TA can give us a REALLY REALLY good deal, on top of whatever the promotions are next Spring, we could do it....has to be either two rooms or a 2 bedroom villa as 4 adult women need 2 bathrooms! HA HA...:earboy2:

It's before we arrive!
:(

I hate unpacking when we get home, lol!
I will say I can't rest until I am unpacked when I get home..I am SO backwards I know

We leave on Saturday and I haven't started packing yet. :crazy2:
You sound like me!

Ok we did it book for Beach club woods/garden view from January 5th-11th! First stay at a deluxe can't wait! I will be there for marathon weekend events. Any tips on anything at the resorts during that time? Do a lot of runners stay here? We stayed at POR for marathon weekend last year and am interested to see how it compares.
Yay! I don't have any marathon experience but my friend stayed at YC last year for the Princess half and LOVED it. After the race she said the pool and resort were wonderful!

Beach Club IPO I received an email from IPO on Sunday with our ADRs and asking if there was anything else I needed. After logging into MDE on Monday I noticed a link to do Online check-in...:crazy2: WHAT? I did that already and had the confirmation email. So I went back in and the link for connecting rooms was gone under requests :furious: why is MDE so glitchy???? So I did email IPO, who was very prompt and sweet in noting my requests for connecting rooms. As much as I want a balcony the truth is we need connecting rooms so I'll take any room, any view. I feel better knowing IPO follows up with the room assigners. I don't utilize them a lot, but just knowing they are there makes me feel better (thanks all for letting me vent) :flower3:

Tarak I googled the plaza and I am JAZZED for the birthday party, ahem I mean dessert party :flower1:

Magic bands arrived today! 25 days to go. Can I start packing yet???

I have the ultimate packing list that I have edited over the years. I have a bin box that I store all the extras/travel items we use. I recently went through the box to mark off what I have to create a shopping list for what I do not have. My kids have tried on the bathing suits, and we have picked up swim shirts and board shorts. I have 55 days and counting. I would be way stressed out with less than a month to go without starting to pack!

Mmmm... flourless chocolate cake. :worship:

~Cari~ pluto:

Do you think the pistachio cheese cake is real or whipped something else made to look like cheese cake? I need to stick to my baked, fried, or pre-packaged plan, and a real cheese cake would be baked.

We leave on Saturday and I haven't started packing yet. :crazy2:

o_O

Question about using the different TA's vs. Disney's Travel CMs....

I have used the same TA for several years...she is on top of the upcoming Promotions, but the quotes are the same as if I used the Disney web site for the resv.

Many of you use different TAs, and there have been many posts about the Magical offers (don't what to get into trouble again with the DIS forum admins by posting their website!)...and you say you get really good deals...can you tell me about them? PM is fine if you like...

Hubby and I are celebrating our Anniversary this fall at BC during F&W, but I'm also looking at a trip with my DSIL, her DD, and DD's DD...4 of us...probably two rooms at POFQ - we don't think we can swing two rooms at BC, or the 2 BR Villas, but perhaps if the TA can give us a REALLY REALLY good deal, on top of whatever the promotions are next Spring, we could do it....has to be either two rooms or a 2 bedroom villa as 4 adult women need 2 bathrooms! HA HA...:earboy2:

I suggest you send in the free quote request!

Hi all! I am scheduled to check into Yacht Club on 9/13, but I am a little concerned about the possibility of construction. I can move us to Boardwalk, something that wouldn't be too big a hassle for us. Any thoughts on if I should consider this? If they have just started renos on the BC villas, is it possible they won't have moved over to YC by Sept? TIA!

Has anyone heard about Captains Grille closing? I've been trying to make reservations for the week of Dec 6, with no luck (I'm within my 180 days). I even called Disney to try to book with no luck, they don't know why I can't make reservations. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the YC renovations.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Has anyone heard about Captains Grille closing? I've been trying to make reservations for the week of Dec 6, with no luck (I'm within my 180 days). I even called Disney to try to book with no luck, they don't know why I can't make reservations. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the YC renovations.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I'm thinking it must...I've heard this from several other people as well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter