Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes! Thanks! I just like to read those too - I added the Ceramics to our plan for a Wednesday (which was already a resort day!) Thanks!!

Please take pictures and post a review of the ceramics class! I am thinking this would be a pleasant family time activity with a great souvenir. My kids are DM>55, DD15, and DD14 - so I am hoping this isn't for just the kids under the age of 12.

@Dispro1 what a beautiful tribute. It is tragic, I'm sure your dd has a bit of "guilt" for not being home and around those grieving, its so difficult. Just keep talking and hugging. So hard
There were over a thousand people at her school yesterday to release balloons, and she did hate that she couldn't be there. If it had been one of her best friends, I would have flown her back, but it still hurts. And Twitter and the Internet only keep her immersed in the sorrow:( She found out that the guy responsible had FIVE DUI convictions and was out on bail awaiting trial for another!! Obviously some laws need to be changed!

Anyway, being here has been a nice distraction, and she is still making memories with us. It's been really sweet seeing her and her sister hugging and being closer...it has definitely made both of them realize how precious time is! They will really get to enjoy riding RR multiple times today with those extra FP the CM gave us:) Thanks to everyone for all the sweet comments!

If you happen to be over at the "dark side", could you see if there are new resort specifc mugs for the YC? Thanks
Katesdad
Just went over to Yacht Club gift shop to check it out. The only Yacht Club item I saw was this really cute water bottle.image.jpg
I don't know if it's new or not, but the people who work there said they are expecting new Yacht club merchandise sometime this summer, but they don't know when. I will say that the Yacht Club gift shop is much nicer than the one here at BC...much more merchandise including vineyard vines and Lilly Pulitzer as well as some Disney Dooney bags!

Just went over to Yacht Club gift shop to check it out.
I don't know if it's new or not, but the people who work there said they are expecting new Yacht club merchandise sometime this summer, but they don't know when. I will say that the Yacht Club gift shop is much nicer than the one here at BC...much more merchandise including vineyard vines and Lilly Pulitzer as well as some Disney Dooney bags!

When I am looking for something unusual to bring back to family/friends, I can usually find it at Fittings and Fairings. When I was recently staying at the BC and could not find just the right gift to bring back to a family member, even after searching at the parks and at the Marketplace, I walked over to the shop at the YC. I found something really unique, which was a big hit; I only wish I bought several, as I searched online to buy more, and the item was not available.

For some reason, they always have more CMs working there, than customers. IMO, the place is a hidden gem.

We checked in yesterday at BC and spent the day and part of the evening at SAB. We walked over to watch illuminations at 9pm, and it was awesome. However, we didn't realize how limited food options are after 9pm since HH closes at 9pm. DD11 HAD to have a grilled chicken sandwich, and since the room service one was $16.99 and none of our party of four had eaten, we drove to McDonald's. The good news is that the one on property is only five minutes from the BC parking lot! So if you have a car, remember that McDonald's is a late night option, if not, plan better than we did. We don't usually eat that late, but evidently, even a free night takes planning- lol. We met Teena this morning, and she is an awesome person! She is living the dream:) She was even able to give me an DH a tour of the Nantucket suite since it was unoccupied! It is gorgeous!! If it's available when we can come back, it's sold (without kids since it only sleeps 2)! I got some pics if anyone is interested, although they don't do the room justice since it's incredible! It was a pleasure meeting Teena:)

Off topic, on our way to MK, my DD16 got a text from a friend that two girls that she knows from school were killed in a car accident at 6:30am this morning. A grandma of one of four girls was driving them to Florida, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The guy had three prior DUIs! One of the other girls was in critical condition but is now stable. I am just so hurt and ANGRY! This has been a really tough day, particularly for my daughter, so I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now! I guess I am only telling you all this so you will hug your babies and your loved ones, and cherish every minute because you never know! On a brighter note, although DD16 wasn't up to much park time, the pool and hot tubs at SAB are great for spending some quality time!
Small world... my nephew went to school with one of the girls before they moved to TN. They were good friends, pretty sure as a kid he thought he would marry her. Prayers for everyone involved. :(

Please take pictures and post a review of the ceramics class! I am thinking this would be a pleasant family time activity with a great souvenir. My kids are DM>55, DD15, and DD14 - so I am hoping this isn't for just the kids under the age of 12.

Will do! I figure we plan to swim all morning and by 1:30pm may be looking for something fun to do inside! I think my DD4 will love it!

Sage advice here folks. Remember, just because you are at the happiest place in the world doesn't make it any less safer from those who like to gain their happiness at your expense. Please be careful out there with your valuables. I don't want to be reading any reports from my friends here on this thresd about items being "lost" while unattended.
Katesdad
Just want to second this. We had one of our mister fans stolen off our stroller last weekend while we were inside having dinner at the GF. Not a huge monetary loss, but really irked me. At least they left us one!

62 more days until our vacation. Can't wait to try BC the second part of our trip. We typically swim with our children just because we all enjoy the water, but is it really as hard as everyone says to keep an eye on kids in the water at SAB? Any tips?
I know Ninja Mom has already given a thorough pool explanation, but just wanted to add that I actually "lost" my family at SAB a few days ago, so yes! Luckily the kids were with DH so I wasn't completely panicked, but I did need to do a few laps to find them.

Also, regarding the kids and magic bands for entrance, each time we were there we were offered a wristband when we checked in with our MB. Then we just had to show the wristband to gain re-entry at all points that day.

And I know someone asked about the pool hours (in the old thread maybe?) - they were 9 am - 11 pm last week.

Just went over to Yacht Club gift shop to check it out. The only Yacht Club item I saw was this really cute water bottle. I don't know if it's new or not, but the people who work there said they are expecting new Yacht club merchandise sometime this summer, but they don't know when. I will say that the Yacht Club gift shop is much nicer than the one here at BC...much more merchandise including vineyard vines and Lilly Pulitzer as well as some Disney Dooney bags!
Thank you! I'm hoping they get those coffee mugs like the BC has. Last year the BC had a golf shirt with the BC name on it which I purchased but there were none at the YC. Hoping for one from there this year.

When I am looking for something unusual to bring back to family/friends, I can usually find it at Fittings and Fairings. When I was recently staying at the BC and could not find just the right gift to bring back to a family member, even after searching at the parks and at the Marketplace, I walked over to the shop at the YC. I found something really unique, which was a big hit; I only wish I bought several, as I searched online to buy more, and the item was not available. For some reason, they always have more CMs working there, than customers. IMO, the place is a hidden gem.
I totally agree. We use Market Place for the fast food items and resort specific goods (like the Christmas pins) but DW and I usially purchase more at the YC because they always seem to have the nicer goods. Should we call it a "diamond in the rough"?
Katesdad

I need some Disney loving. The news tonight in the UK is appalling. The most horrendous theme park roller coaster crash and body found in search for missing 13 year old. Why is life so cruel.

I need some Disney loving. The news tonight in the UK is appalling. The most horrendous theme park roller coaster crash and body found in search for missing 13 year old. Why is life so cruel.

I am so sorry to hear this! It hadn't made it to my news sources yet. That's the third time this week I have heard of teenagers killed in accidents! Virtual hugs to you Pinkgirl! It has become cliche, but I try to take from these tragedies the message that each day is precious. Your American/Disney friends are thinking of you today.

Off topic, on our way to MK, my DD16 got a text from a friend that two girls that she knows from school were killed in a car accident at 6:30am this morning. A grandma of one of four girls was driving them to Florida, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The guy had three prior DUIs! One of the other girls was in critical condition but is now stable. I am just so hurt and ANGRY! This has been a really tough day, particularly for my daughter, so I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now! I guess I am only telling you all this so you will hug your babies and your loved ones, and cherish every minute because you never know! On a brighter note, although DD16 wasn't up to much park time, the pool and hot tubs at SAB are great for spending some quality time!

I found out yesterday that these girls are from my town and went to high school right up the road from my son's high school. Listening to the news now, it seems the guy that hit them had 7 DUIs in several counties in MS. Wondering like everyone else how he was even out on the road?! Anyway, hoping your daughter is okay and wanted to say again how sad this is and hoping she is having a good time despite the sad news from here!

Small world... my nephew went to school with one of the girls before they moved to TN. They were good friends, pretty sure as a kid he thought he would marry her. Prayers for everyone involved. :(

I guess it shows how many people can be hurt when some idiot decides to drive drunk. I'm sorry for your nephew's loss too. I remember how badly it hurt me when I lost a good childhood friend in a bad accident.

I found out yesterday that these girls are from my town and went to high school right up the road from my son's high school. Listening to the news now, it seems the guy that hit them had 7 DUIs in several counties in MS. Wondering like everyone else how he was even out on the road?! Anyway, hoping your daughter is okay and wanted to say again how sad this is and hoping she is having a good time despite the sad news from here!
Yes, the whole thing is SO ridiculous! They should have taken the guy's car away! You must live really close to me!
Anyway, the extra FPs have definitely helped. It has been really nice seeing DD16 with a smile on her face at least some of the time.

Dispro1 how is your daughter doing?
Thanks for asking:) as you may have figured out by now, she's doing better...riding rides and going out to dinner together gives her a sense of normalcy for right now. I'm sure it will be a different story when we get back home (especially when school starts back in August). But for now, it's really nice to have somewhat of the "Disney bubble" back! Can't thank you enough for the balloon idea!

Thanks for asking:) as you may have figured out by now, she's doing better...riding rides and going out to dinner together gives her a sense of normalcy for right now. I'm sure it will be a different story when we get back home (especially when school starts back in August). But for now, it's really nice to have somewhat of the "Disney bubble" back! Can't thank you enough for the balloon idea!

They were just showing on the news here a story of the kids at school there letting off balloons for the girls at the tribute going on now.

Hearing about kids dying is the worst because they're supposed to have their whole lives ahead of them! I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope you can enjoy the "Disney bubble" soon:)

Just went over to Yacht Club gift shop to check it out. The only Yacht Club item I saw was this really cute water bottle.View attachment 100447

That is super cute! I really hope that there is a YC mug with a cute logo like on those water bottles by the time we are there in Sept.

If these are the coffee bags, then yes, they will fit.
Yes, I believe they're the little bags. Thank you!!

Now I'm also super excited about the coffee mugs. I buy a mug on every trip, and this will be the perfect one. I'm a teacher and get up at 5am every day. Seeing a Disney coffee mug in the morning always makes me smile, even when I'm exhausted!! Does anyone know the size/ounces of the mugs?

Looking forward to what other new Beach Club merchandise will be available! Love the logo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!