Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Posts from Temporary Home- Getting from BC/YC to DHS

I just looked at the other thread and it said I did not have privileges to post there, then I found this! I fell better now. Thanks Dee.

Today's questions, going from BC to DHS, I know the walk is about a mile but if we have a rental car should we drive?

We always take the boat. It's a nice, relaxing ride. I wouldn't drive from BC/YC.

But I thought you cannot get the boat early morning?

How early are you planning on being at HS? I've taken the boat and been there for rope drop with no problem.

Ok cool. Yes want to be there before rope drop

I think the boats start an hour before park open. Definately running in plenty of time to make rope drop. But it is a very pleasant walk, especially early in the morning. Takes us 15- 20 minutes from YC depending on how fast we walk. If a boat is at the dock or just approaching, we take the boat. If we just missed a boat or don't see it, we walk. And in that case we always beat the next boat to HS.

Unless you are lazy like me. Then I'll wait for the boat. :D

Unfortunately you were the first one I thought of this morning when I was locked out!:P

Really looking forward to this walk! Thanks for the great tip!

The Friendship boats start running an hour before park opening. But the walk is nice, too. I wouldn't drive, either, it would probably take longer than the boat or the walk. :)

walk over to the parks - but sometimes take the boat back - if I am tired - now if the line is too long (you won't be getting on the boat) then walk back too - but I generally stay at BWV so it is a much shorter walk from Studios - longer from Epcot.

lots of WDW guests take the boat to get to Epcot.

I'll give the opposing viewpoint. I never have a car there. But if I did, I might drive from BC to DHS. Last time we wanted to get there in the morning, we waited a LONG time for the boat. We probably just missed one. I don't believe in doing a long walk to get to a park in the morning. My feet are going to be hurting and I'm going to be out of energy by late afternoon. I feel that I would wasting energy first thing, and would get tired earlier in the day, if I walked from BC to DHS, or (as other people sometimes ask) I went through the International Gateway and walked to the front of Epcot to get the monorail to MK. I might do a long walk at the end of the day if I had the energy, but definitely wouldn't do it first thing.

we always take the boat. Never tried walking.

From Temporary Thread

Soooooo After promising my family no Disney trips this year I just impulse bought a plane ticket and booked a YC room for 22 days away.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Question: how important is it to have reservations for Beaches and Cream and the Cape May cafe? I know we want to do both, but I don't which when.

Question 2: Our Garden view room can have a variety of beds. Where do I indicate which one we would prefer?

And in general
:jumping1:

I'm going to Disney World!!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 for June.

:woohoo:

Very important ... it is almost impossible to eat inside at Beaches and Cream without a reservation. Cape May Café is tough too for both breakfast and dinner. Sometimes you can get a walk-up for the dinner buffet when they open but it's really rare now that people actually show up for their reservations (because if they don't, they get charged a fee).

As far as your garden view room at the BC, almost all of them have at least two queen beds. There are very very few king beds. And there are some with two queens and a daybed ... those rooms go to families of five first. If you are a family of three or four, you most likely will get a room with two queens. If you want the daybed, you can add that request to your reservation, but the daybed rooms go first to families of five so there is a chance you won't get it.

Just call whoever/however you booked your reservation (Disney or a travel agent/company) and have your "request" added to your reservation.

How fun!

Beaches and Cream - gone the days of walking up to have a sit down ice cream or meal. I will say we were lucky to get a same day late lunch ADR last week. We did a late lunch / early dinner at 3:30 PM last Tuesday. Worked out great. Also, on our departure day, there was a 2:20 ADR but we had Magical Depress for 2:30 so we opted for a great lunch at Crew's Cup and To Go Sundaes from Beaches and Cream for my big "kids". It was a great final meal.

Last edited:
From Temporary Thread- Room Requests

Quick question regarding online check in. We have a split stay (first part-BCV- done through Disney, second part-BC-done through Orbitz). I called Disney Reservations to add my room request for the BCV stay (upper level - DH hates ground floor rooms!) and had to call Orbitz to have them call Disney to add my request for BC. I asked for upper level and refurbished room if possible (I know nothing is ever guaranteed). Now I'm wondering if I should have said upper level-close to Epcot as the "refurbished room" request seemed to confuse things. Should I do online check in to make sure my request is added to my reservation? I actually really prefer checking in in person but want to make sure my request was added to my record and I have no desire to contact Orbitz again to have them double check for me. Its odd how the Disney rep I called couldn't access my reservation by the Orbitz rep could contact Disney and have them add the request. Any thoughts about checking in online? Thanks!

Not sure I understand your reasoning. You want close to Epcot because you want to use the secret door by 1501? But since you want an upper floor, you probably aren't planning on using the 1501 door and will be using the lobby backdoor to walk out to the lake and then to Epcot? Therefore, you should ask for upper floor close to lobby elevators, not close to Epcot.

As far as online check-ins, I personally prefer to speak to a person and ask them if my requests have been met and where my room is. If I am not happy with the room, then I can immediately ask if anything else is available and if it isn't, then I can set up for a room change the next day to a room that meets my requests. But everybody is different. Some people love having their room number texted to them so they don't even have to see a CM ... they can walk straight to their room.

And thanks ... those pain meds are keeping it under control so far. Only thing I don't like is having to set an alarm to take an antibiotic every six hours, even during the night. I didn't sleep good last night because I had to get up at 5:45 for the dentist appointment and of course I was a bit scared about it so sleep wasn't very good. So tonight I had hoped to get a good night's sleep without waking up for antibiotics. But better to be safe ... I want to be 100% (even though I'll only have the temporary crown) for our Disney Magic Europe cruise that we leave for in 13 days.

If Orbitz really did add your request for an upper floor and refurbished room then the room assigners will know what you want. The online check in would only give you an option for an upper floor, I think, and that is already marked on your reservation. Just because the CM on the phone was confused about the request for the refurbished room, the room assigners should know exactly what you mean. :)

I thought I had read that someone recommended asking for upper floor/close to Epcot for the best chances at getting a refurbished room as they were doing them top down, from the Epcot side inwards the YC side. Having never been to the BC though, I'm not sure if that was correct. I really just hoped for a refurbished room (could care less about daybeds or full balconies or elevator proximity) but thought I read that asking for that directly is not the best way to wind up with that. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I too really like checking in in person. Somehow its part of the experience and I like the interaction with the front desk personnel. Our last trip to DL, when we were checking in at the Disneyland Hotel, Goofy walked through the lobby and my kids got to meet him. They thought that was awesome (but have been told to not expect that everytime they check into a hotel :) ) and it started our trip off on a great note.

A Disney European cruise?! I bet that will be amazing!!

Three upper floors are done so just upper floor will be good!!

Yes, there are the main lobby elevators and then one single one near the quiet pool. But when someone asks for a room near elevators, it means to me anyway, the lobby elevators.

Last edited:

From Temporary Thread- Sandcastle Club

I asked a question late in the game on the other thread, about how fast reservations go at the sandcastle club. My daughter is going to do the albatross cruise on morning (hope it's awesome!) and that means we'll have either time with the 3 yo or many get him into sandcastle club and have some quiet beach time! He is mostly potty trained now but not making progress on the last hurdle, unfortunately doesn't seem on the horizon at all, so I'm not even sure he could go :( I don't want to be using pull-ups at Disney but I've resigned to dealing with it if I need to. Anyhow. How far ahead do you need reservations there for a couple hours one morning?

The Sandcastle Club doesn't open until later in the day, around 4:30pm I think. It is really just for the dinner hours.

T

thanks! That makes sense and settles it :) although, too bay my 3.5 yo can't do the pirate cruise.

I will be watching him slide down the kiddie slide for those two hrs I'm sure!

From Temporary Thread- Hurricane Hanna's hours

What time does Hurricane Hannah's stop serving food?

Also is there a pool bar very close to HH and does it serve food too?

Thanks!

Not sure when HH stops serving. Does anyone know?

Yes, you can get food at the pool bar and I think the menu may be different from HH- I believe there was an Ahi Tuna offered that people have raved about.

:goodvibes

From Temporary Thread- "The Buzz"

So...temporary home. Makes me think of tent camping.

Hope the flies don't bite here though.

I've got a thermos of Sunken Treasure. What did the rest of you bring?

(No Sunken Treasure for Teena--pain meds and green drinks do not go together!)

I brought a bucket full of Maraschino cherries!!!

Signed, Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort NON biting fly

Buzzy! Long time, no see! Glad you found our temporary home. How is the family?

Thank you for asking.... It's good to be back! Ninja mom tricked me and I got stuck in a web for a couple of weeks so I missed her Star Wars trip.

I am making plans to join her for her August girl's trip at the Beach Club. I just need to find a way to get them to add me to the reservation. That will get the room total up to 5 and hopefully I will get the Day bed! If I am successful we will have to change the name of the trip to "The Beach Club Floozies AND Buzzy the Fly invade Stormalong Bay ".

I am also starting a letter writing campaign to the recreation manager at Stormalong Bay to provide tiny fly sized pool tubes so that I may float along in the lazy river with the rest of the gang and participate on the Stormalong Bay synchronized pool tube team. Right now I am practicing in puddles and floating on Cheerios but we all know how that ends... the Cheerios get all soggy and sink to the bottom :crazy2: .

As for Mrs. Buzzy, she has gone through menopause so no more Larva (thank God!). Now that she has more free time she joined a gym but she injured her thorax in a Zumba accident and she is taking it easy. I'm trying to convince her to take up an exciting hobby like learning how to home brew craft beers but she doesn't seem too interested in that. :sad:

The larva are doing fantastic! There are a lot of them so we've had to go to a "Secret Santa " format at Christmas so that nobody gets left out. I do love Father's day but enough with the ties already! There are only so many formal occasions that I can use them for.

So that's what's up with me. I haven't seen too many people posting full on nervous breakdowns about the Love bugs so it looks like this year's crop was manageable. I'll stay glued to my post at Hurricane Hannah's and keep an eye out for them. :magnify:

Take care and I will see you around the resort!

Signed, Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

Teena, hope you're not in too much pain today from that marathon dental appointment yesterday. You'll be as good as new before your European cruise. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Buzzy! Hey, man...long time no see! Thanks for the update on your family. Glad to see you're still our Beach Club Resort guy. I was afraid someone had squashed you at SAB.

This is great, Dee...you are amazing! I don't think anything was left behind in the move! :flower1:

Please add our trip to the Be Our Guest list! Just scheduled our grandkids' first trip (they are two year old twins!) September 12-20 of this year! We are staying Club Level at the Beach Club!

Thanks!

It's good to be here at our new home. Feeling good this morning ... love those pain pills. Bob and I are off to do some food shopping and then taking it easy until work on Sunday and Monday. My face is swollen on the left side but other than that, feel pretty darn good. After kidney stones, the four canal jobs are pretty easy!! (I'm knocking on wood though to be on the safe side.)

Thanks Dee for taking such good care of us!!!!

Talked to Lily last night. She is excited about her upcoming trip to Florida and made me go into her bedroom here and tell her exactly which Princess Dresses were in her closet.

For those who have been following Lily's dancing ... she has been taking ballet and tap for the past few months and loves it (Jeanne had a groupon). First recital is scheduled for Thursday night ... day before they fly here for their summer trip in late June. Well the costumes came in. Tigers. Can you say UGLY? It's a beige body suit with fur on the chest. Looks like she has a hairy chest. Then arm length gloves with fur on them, a waist ban with fur, ankle bans with fur and a round ring of fur for her head. She pitched a fit once it was on. Won't wear it ... so dance is over ... recital is not happening for her ... and Jeanne will have her start soccer in the Fall (much to Jeanne's happiness). Of course, she will probably insist on wearing one of her princess dresses while kicking around the soccer ball. And for the recital, they told Jeanne that she had to pull Lily's hair back in a tight bun and put makeup on her (eye, cheek and lipstick). Have you seen her hair? It's short and super curly ... no way it's going to go into a bun and Jeanne said no 3 year old is wearing makeup!!

Please add our trip to the Be Our Guest list! Just scheduled our grandkids' first trip (they are two year old twins!) September 12-20 of this year! We are staying Club Level at the Beach Club!

Thanks!

We took Princess Lily there when she was two and she loved, loved, loved the part of SAB near the YC ... zero entry with sand. We spent hours and hours there. The twins will love it!

Thanks for the "Open for Business" Dee.

We all know you have a ton of stuff on your plate but I'm sure glad it didn't happen while you were away on your trip..... Dee knowing Y&BC Thread is down and she can't edit>>>>>>.:eek: :eek: :eek: .<<<<<<<

For those who have been following Lily's dancing ... she has been taking ballet and tap for the past few months and loves it (Jeanne had a groupon). First recital is scheduled for Thursday night ... day before they fly here for their summer trip in late June. Well the costumes came in. Tigers. Can you say UGLY? It's a beige body suit with fur on the chest. Looks like she has a hairy chest. Then arm length gloves with fur on them, a waist ban with fur, ankle bans with fur and a round ring of fur for her head. She pitched a fit once it was on. Won't wear it ... so dance is over ... recital is not happening for her ... and Jeanne will have her start soccer in the Fall (much to Jeanne's happiness). Of course, she will probably insist on wearing one of her princess dresses while kicking around the soccer ball. And for the recital, they told Jeanne that she had to pull Lily's hair back in a tight bun and put makeup on her (eye, cheek and lipstick). Have you seen her hair? It's short and super curly ... no way it's going to go into a bun and Jeanne said no 3 year old is wearing makeup!!

She is HER Mother!!

After much difficulty and days of checking the website we were finally able to reduce our Poly stay to 4 days and come home to BC for the remaining 4!! Yay We will be visiting on June 10th. I won't rehash it here but the new restrictions on modifying resort stays almost squashed our BC stay, almost...but perseverance won out.

On another note, thank you for setting up the new thread

And for the recital, they told Jeanne that she had to pull Lily's hair back in a tight bun and put makeup on her (eye, cheek and lipstick). Have you seen her hair? It's short and super curly ... no way it's going to go into a bun and Jeanne said no 3 year old is wearing makeup!!

I only have a boy and he was never interested so I never had to deal with the dance thing but I agree, 3 yr olds shouldn't be required to wear makeup. Craziness. Hope she enjoys soccer! My son loves soccer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter