Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm sorry for asking but when I searched I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know if at the BC there are rooms with 2 queen beds, a daybed, a full balcony, and a view of the lake that's not on the ground floor? Just trying to decide between BC and YC.
Thanks!

Yes there are.

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.

The Poly has the spray ground but it will be crowded and chaotic. The same goes for both of the Poly's pools. At Stormalong Bay there is a small pool with a slide that is perfect for your 3 year old. The 5 year old can hang there too. It's rarely crowded. The sandy pool area is large and perfect for your age group. Do your kids like to play at the beach? If so then Stormalong bay can't be beat! The 5 year old might be brave enough to go down the large slide. If the 3 year old is getting cranky then you can always threaten to send him down the slide to facilitate better behavior. Also, warning that the cranky people in your traveling party will be responsible for doing laundry also helps to keep the family in line. There is a laundry center right at the BC's quiet pool that will serve as a physical reminder of that deterrent.

So in my opinion Stormalong Bay has a lot more going for it than the Poly pool complex. It's larger and the CM's at the resort are a lot more vigilant about checking magic bands to ensure that people using the pool complex are actually guests at the resort.

The next consideration is transportation. I have to say that the buses are not a problem at the Beach/Yacht Club. You are going to have to take transportation to the MK so the main difference will be a 20 minute bus ride versus a boat or Monorail ride to the MK. The Monorail is having it's problems lately so it's looking like you will probably be using the boats to get to the parks from the Poly. So transportation is pretty much equal with a slight edge going to the Poly. You still have to schlepp everybody to transportation so you are only saving about 15 minutes of time at the Poly versus the Beach/Yacht club.

I'm sure you have realized all of this. I think that the Beach and Yacht pool experience will be more relaxing and have more to offer your age group than the Poly. You also will love rolling into Epcot at night to enjoy all the dining options. When you add in all the visual deterrents to bad behavior that are available at Stormalong Bay then it's an easy choice. Just pick the Beach Club and pour a Sunken Treasure in a hollow pineapple and you'll alright.

~NM

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.

With May you will also get the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot which makes the whole park even more special IMO. If you haven't done that before then staying in that area will be even better. I haven't stayed at the Poly but to be honest it is at the bottom of my wish list and I doubt we will ever stay there (I know this is heresy to many in this community!) When we have been there (in May and Sept) to experience the resort and eat we have found it really chaotic, too busy and just not relaxing, this compared to the super chilled atmosphere in the BC lobby. So yes I am 100% biased but YC&BC all the way for me! Also I really don't find the bus journeys or monorail to MK that bad, we've never had an issue getting there quickly and in time for rope drop. My tip is to use the YC bus stop (even if you're staying at BC/BCV) as the buses seem to go there first (open to correction from others if this has changed) and you will generally get a seat/time to get settled. Also, on return we just get on whichever comes first/has the shorter line Boardwalk or YC&BC and then walk - but we're big walkers and don't have kids!

The Globe is back, I repeat the Globe is back!! Also they are working on the first floor near the quite pool for the YC room refurbishments !

:cool1: Great! Really happy about that! Thank you!

With May you will also get the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot which makes the whole park even more special IMO. If you haven't done that before then staying in that area will be even better. I haven't stayed at the Poly but to be honest it is at the bottom of my wish list and I doubt we will ever stay there (I know this is heresy to many in this community!) When we have been there (in May and Sept) to experience the resort and eat we have found it really chaotic, too busy and just not relaxing, this compared to the super chilled atmosphere in the BC lobby. So yes I am 100% biased but YC&BC all the way for me! Also I really don't find the bus journeys or monorail to MK that bad, we've never had an issue getting there quickly and in time for rope drop. My tip is to use the YC bus stop (even if you're staying at BC/BCV) as the buses seem to go there first (open to correction from others if this has changed) and you will generally get a seat/time to get settled. Also, on return we just get on whichever comes first/has the shorter line Boardwalk or YC&BC and then walk - but we're big walkers and don't have kids!

:cool1: Great! Really happy about that! Thank you!

ALSO... The Dining plan just added Alcohol so if you get that you will be in need of even more restaurants that serve booze. The MK doesn't have as many restaurants serving liquor when compared to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Think of how lonely your pineapple, filled with the Sunken Treasure drink, will be if you stayed at the Poly. In fact if you do stay at the Poly you will probably be able to see little condensation tears of regret on that lonely pineapple... Just sayin...

~NM

page 921

Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the site or is it just me? I usually stay logged in all the time, but this morning I keep getting booted out. Do I need to clear my cookies? (How do I clear my cookies?). I did shut down everything on my computer and then logged back in, but still having the same issue.

:headache:

Looking forward to our stay at BC CL Deluxe room, July 21-24. Just me & DD laying around the pool, relaxing, after a busy start to summer.

:welcome: back!

Ill add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Just back from YC and I have to say, if anyone is checking in in the near future, ask about the construction before you get your room assignment. We were on the 3rd floor in a refurbished room, kinda overlooking the quiet pool except there was a HUGE tree blocking our view from anything. Our room was soooooo noisy due to construction that we checked out a day early and asked for a refund. We checked in on Monday and spend most of Tuesday at the parks but on Wednesday decided to rest a little, hang out at the pool and relax in our room before heading to the parks around 3pm. The noise was so loud I described it as the 7 Dwarfs were mining above, Gepetto's workshop was open and Wreck it Ralph had a sledgehammer. We awoke to this around 7:45am. We decided to check out the next day even though our reservation was through Friday, we were planning on moving to AKL on Friday, so just moved a day early. Also, in the section we were the elevator was closed, so in order to get to the quiet pool, we had to walk all the way back to the lobby and all the way back to the quiet pool or navigate the staircases, which we mostly did, but it was still a PITA. I believe our room was 3094, and the room itself was nice with the rehab, but the whole area should have been shut down during the construction.

:welcome: to the thread.

So sorry about the disruption to your trip. I'm glad to hear you were able to leave early and hope the rest of your trip was great. I appreciate you sharing your experience to help others with upcoming stays.

::yes::

Do you think the YC room renovations will be done by the end of September? Thinking of switching to them, but don't want to hear construction when resting in our room.

Yes, I think so.

:thumbsup2

I was able to do my online check in today for the Yacht Club, checking in on August 19th. The online options are so overwhelming, I can hardly decide!

:welcome: to the thread.

:rotfl2:

page 921

Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the site or is it just me? I usually stay logged in all the time, but this morning I keep getting booted out. Do I need to clear my cookies? (How do I clear my cookies?). I did shut down everything on my computer and then logged back in, but still having the same issue.

:headache:

This was happening to me yesterday morning. But after like 3 of 4 times it stopped.

page 922-

Ran out to drop my son off for work, no issues since getting back (so far...). Thanks for the input.

@shoreward Thanks so much for the SW info! I have a friend looking for April, so I'll start looking in late July, early Aug for the flights to be released.

:goodvibes

We are arriving first week in September and I know they are completing 2nd floor rooms. I requested second floor and I am wondering with the new renovations will the rooms still have the pretty nautical headboards? I like this more than the modern look.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Yes, I think the room renovations will be done by then, and as others have posted, the current headboards are being replaced. There are some links in the first post of this thread with pictures of what the new rooms look like.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Thanks to all who responded. You confirmed what I was already thinking. We'll be back at Beach Club again in May. It seems like no matter what happens, we always default back to BC. My wife wants to put the kids on the resort loop next November, but we'll get to be back at my favorite resort at least twice between now and then.

With kids that will only be 3 and 5, nothing beats the BC pool, walk to two parks, and the fact that we can have them in bed less than ten minutes after Illuminations ends.

Dee, could you please add us to the BOG List again, this time for May 4-8?

Last edited:
Hello again! It looks like we might be able to fly for our September trip instead of drive (15 hour drive)! Will we miss not having a car? Other times we've flown we've rented on and never used it. But this is our first trip with our 3 year old. I wasn't planning on driving much but was considering it for AK EMH. We could Uber but we'd need a car seat. I think I'm just over thinking it, but any opinions are welcome! Do you like having a car? Is it completely unnecessary? We would be renting one for a day trip to Kennedy Space Center. Thanks all!

Staying at the end of July! Does anyone have pictures of the newly added showers at the pool bathrooms? My friends will have to drive home and would like to shower before they leave. Last time we stayed we were told the only shower option was the outdoor one (the spa ones weren't available.) Thanks!

Staying at the end of July! Does anyone have pictures of the newly added showers at the pool bathrooms? My friends will have to drive home and would like to shower before they leave. Last time we stayed we were told the only shower option was the outdoor one (the spa ones weren't available.) Thanks!

Here's a link to some pictures taken recently by Wood Nymph:

Pool side shower room, May 2017

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!