Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

BRDisney

Mouseketeer
We will be at the BC Water View 2 queen beds for 10 nights in july. Our DDs don't sleep well on one queen bed. Does these rooms have daybeds? TIA

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
We will be at the BC Water View 2 queen beds for 10 nights in july. Our DDs don't sleep well on one queen bed. Does these rooms have daybeds? TIA
:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of the thread.

:cool1:

Some rooms have daybeds, some do not. I'm not sure how many rooms have them, maybe 50%. Make sure you add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation, by calling Disney Central Reservations Office (or having your travel agent to it if you made your reservation that way)

"Room with a daybed please"

Requests are not guaranteed, so you should check with the front desk when you arrive to make sure your room has a daybed or to see if there is another room available or to see if you are able to get a rollaway cot.

:goodvibes

jenifferf00

Mouseketeer
60 days out! Our fast passes are made, online check in is done, and Garden Grocer order is in. Once we hit that 120 day mark it seems to be flying by. The next couple of months are so busy for us that I bet these next 60 days will fly by too. Can not wait to check out this beautiful hotel, swim in the pool, and visit the pool bar a time or two.

• BRDisney

Mouseketeer

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of the thread.

Some rooms have daybeds, some do not. I'm not sure how many rooms have them, maybe 50%. Make sure you add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation, by calling Disney Central Reservations Office (or having your travel agent to it if you made your reservation that way)

"Room with a daybed please"

Requests are not guaranteed, so you should check with the front desk when you arrive to make sure your room has a daybed or to see if there is another room available or to see if you are able to get a rollaway cot.

:goodvibes
    Thanks for the answer. On our last stay (July 2015) we got the Lagoon view with a day bed, near the International Gateway. Perfect room! But with all the rooms renovations, I don't know if this room still have a day bed. I will request them for the day bed. Thanks again.

• kandb

DIS Veteran
    Has there been any reviews of Captain's Grille since it moved to Ariel's? I have looked but don't see any. Thanks

• Shanti

Momketeer
    Would love to hear specifics about why you prefer the BC to the Poly.
    We prefer it because the Stormalong Bay pool complex is far superior to the Polynesian's pools. The Poly's feature volcano pool is nice, but was more crowded than we've ever seen Stormalong Bay, probably because they check your Magic Bands at the entrance to Stormalong Bay to deter crashers, while they do not do this at the Poly pool.

Also, we like being within walking distance of two theme parks, Fantasia mini-golf, and several good restaurants. And because the Poly gets more non-guest visitors due to it being on the monorail, the Poly lobby is a bit noisy & hectic. The Beach Club lobby & other common areas are more peaceful.

That being said, we are staying at the Poly this August because my son wants to try it again. We're adding a day at the Beach Club, though, for Stormalong Bay.

Last edited:

Miked0292

Mouseketeer
    And then it got better. We were in room 5181. Best view ever. Straight on view of the lake and BW from our balcony. Beautiful room. Large bathroom. Awesome smelling shampoo.

Once the nice people left we jumped up and down like we had won the lottery. Explained to DD that for the cost we could probably buy a nice used car. It's why we've never stayed CL. Dreamed of it, but couldn't bite that bullet.

When we came back that evening there were chocolates on our bed! Good chocolate!

Took us a few days to feel comfortable (like why do we deserve this??) But we had such a great time. We were there to celebrate dd's 15th bday so it was even more special. Loved the lounge and the convenience. We used it a lot in the afternoons during the rain and storms that kept closing the pool. Best potato chips ever!!

We still can't get over the experience and now it has ruined us. I had a hard time staying at a moderate after staying deluxe. Now the bar has been set for the deluxe :).
    Yeah you are ruined, for our Christmas trip we always stay CL , pretty much a must now, and then last year we stayed in an upgraded CL room and now I am even more ruined

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    Thanks for that. I knew about 5163 but that is all I have ever heard of. Thanks for the info about the other rooms. Are they all rooms in the water view category?

:thumbsup2
    @natebenma Yes, according to TouringPlans these are all water view rooms. I checked because we have a request for a gazebo view (we have Garden View) and I would hate not to have a balcony, we've requested to be on a higher floor but it's our 3rd priority after 2 Queen beds and Gazebo view!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 920

DH and I are sept. 12-15 at YC. First stay here. We have 2 days in Garden view and one day SVCL. I may switch it all to SV CL. Or if a GV becomes available I may switch it all to GV.

I have read the first 50 pages and last 50 pages.

Whoever keeps this page up is doing a great job.

and THANKS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

That would be the very awesome @natebenma
    Awwww!!!! :blush:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Beach Club vs. Poly

We are on the Poly portion of our stay and we have all agreed that we prefer the BC , so much so that we even went by there this evening to see if we could move over early. Unfortunately we cannot. We like the Poly but the BC is truly home for us :lovestruc. We will be there Tuesday so not too much longer !!
    We enjoy the pool at the BC so much more, it seems crowded at the Poly. The rooms at the Poly are bigger but we like the decor of BC, it's brighter and more our style. We also enjoy being able to walk to two parks, the monorail to MK is nice but to go to Epcot from the Poly we have to go through 2 bag checks. My husband and I enjoy going for a morning run a couple times during our trips and the path at the BC is SO much better! We also like that all the rooms are under one roof at BC, we have a very good building at the Poly, close to everything which we lucked out on ( it was a request) . I think it really is just personal preference , we are still really enjoying ourselves we just miss "home".
    We stayed at BC/Poly last August. I don't know when the Poly is due for a refurb but the room seemed very worn down. The carpet was in bad shape and the room seemed very musty. I liked the rooms at the BC a lot better, newer modern and bright. The rooms at the Poly are dark and dreary IMO. Also the BC seemed more active/fun and Poly was more quiet/mellow/dark the whole resort. We definitely liked the BC over the Poly as well. We did like the location of the Poly tho. The Poly is a nice resort but we just preferred the BC. This year we are staying at the GF for our MK resort.
    We stayed at BC and Poly last year (both for the first time). We liked the BC better. The rooms at the Poly are larger but they seemed damp and are very dark. The rooms at the BC and newer, more modern and just have a bright, summery feel. The transporation and location for both are great. The pool area is better at the BC. The Poly's quick service is better. More to do around the BC area with the boardwalk being right there, you can walk around at night.

We prefer it because the Stormalong Bay pool complex is far superior to the Polynesian's pools. The Poly's feature volcano pool is nice, but was more crowded than we've ever seen Stormalong Bay, probably because they check your Magic Bands at the entrance to Stormalong Bay to deter crashers, while they do not do this at the Poly pool.

Also, we like being within walking distance of two theme parks, Fantasia mini-golf, and several good restaurants. And because the Poly gets more non-guest visitors due to it being on the monorail, the Poly lobby is a bit noisy & hectic. The Beach Club lobby & other common areas are more peaceful.

That being said, we are staying at the Poly this August because my son wants to try it again. We're adding a day at the Beach Club, though, for Stormalong Bay.
    Comments from a recent trip to the Poly- sounds like enforcement of keeping non-Poly guests from the Poly feature pool and the quiet pool is happening more frequently now:

The Poly pools - both the Lava pool and the Oasis pool require you to scan your bands to get in. There is one entrance to the Oasis pool that I did find sporadically worked without scanning your band (my hands were full so I gave it a shot).

The Lava pool IS incredibly crowded - we never used it, always went to the quiet pool, Oasis. But, this is easier since we were all adults and didn't miss the slide or lifeguards. The pluses of the Oasis pool - it to all of our minds seemed larger in practical terms than the feature pool, and the pool deck was less congested. It is zero entry on one side. It has full length stairs (great for sitting) on the other side. You were able to play with balls, etc. without getting yelled at - adding that the kids that were doing so were very respectful of everyone else in the pool. There is the Oasis Bar right there that serves alcoholic drinks (including a spiky pineapple, an alcoholic frozen Dole Whip). They also serve pretty good food. The refill station for mugs is right at the Oasis pool. It was fairly easy to find lounge chairs. I have always had a problem finding lounge chairs at SAB if there during peak afternoon times. There are a lot of tables. Downside - there is not a lot of shade.

The Poly sells it's own drink inside a pineapple - the Lapu Lapu. It can be purchased at the Tambu lounge (to-go if you wish) in the ceremonial house. You can also purchase it less expensively without said pineapple. They also have a Backscratcher that will knock you on your back.

Last edited:

Lalabubbles

Mouseketeer
    We enjoy the pool at the BC so much more, it seems crowded at the Poly. The rooms at the Poly are bigger but we like the decor of BC, it's brighter and more our style. We also enjoy being able to walk to two parks, the monorail to MK is nice but to go to Epcot from the Poly we have to go through 2 bag checks. My husband and I enjoy going for a morning run a couple times during our trips and the path at the BC is SO much better! We also like that all the rooms are under one roof at BC, we have a very good building at the Poly, close to everything which we lucked out on ( it was a request) . I think it really is just personal preference , we are still really enjoying ourselves we just miss "home".

Alli76

DIS Veteran
    60 days!!!! Fast passes made (although it seemed much more difficult to get times we wanted than in past trips!) Now I have to go through all my plans and update them.... Just have to make sure that I have PLENTY of time to be relaxing in a lounge chair at Stormalong Bay!!!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS