Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are all the rooms at the YC and BC changing toiletries to the H20 Sea salt?
TIA !
I think they are changing all resorts to these. These were the toiletries GF always gave, except in the older packaging. But the conditioner was a collegen one.
My friend just got back from Pop and she had the Sea Salt Soaps, shampoo and separate conditioner. Value doesn't get the body wash or lotion.
I guess cheaper for them to just go with one line, rather than 3 or 4 different H2O lines- Blushing Orange, Etc.

Touring plans has them all listed as full balcony. Ome cm told me they all have full balconies, one told me they didn't and another said they had no clue! At least she was honest!

I have not used TP, but my understanding is that sometimes their room descriptions are not complete or correct.

I'm not sure where the cast members in the call centers get their info, but it is frustrating when I hear they are giving out information that is wrong.

We have a thread of guest-submitted photos of Beach Club room views on the Community Resorts subforum. Descriptions of rooms, bedding and balconies of 8 of the BC CL SV rooms are included.

Beach Club Room Views

Please note, we do NOT recommend that guests request a particular room by room number- you are more likely to get a room with the properties you want by letting the room assigners know what they are. "Full balcony, please" for example.

:goodvibes

Just a tip about the mini kitchen sink- it is available at the Magic Kingdom Plaza Ice Cream shop for only $17. Not convenient if you want to eat at the BC, but if you want the sink and don't care where, it will save you a little money.

I have not used TP, but my understanding is that sometimes their room descriptions are not complete or correct.

I'm not sure where the cast members in the call centers get their info, but it is frustrating when I hear they are giving out information that is wrong.

We have a thread of guest-submitted photos of Beach Club room views on the Community Resorts subforum. Descriptions of rooms, bedding and balconies of 8 of the BC CL SV rooms are included.

Beach Club Room Views

Please note, we do NOT recommend that guests request a particular room by room number- you are more likely to get a room with the properties you want by letting the room assigners know what they are. "Full balcony, please" for example.

Thank you! I'll check it out!

Hi all! We are staying at Beach Club for the first time this September. It will be myself, DH, DS(14), and DS(12). We booked a pool/lagoon view bounce back last December. When I booked, I requested day bed first and full balcony second. It is listed as a request on the reservation, when I have called for other things a couple of times, the Disney agents have always mentioned it. (I know it is just a request though).

Just wondering if there are even many rooms in the water view category with both daybeds and full balconies? I've started wondering if requesting ground floor might be a better idea. Was thinking maybe the ground floor has patios, but since I've never stayed there, I didn't know. A patio might be nice added space if getting a full balcony in the water view category is tough. Anyway, just wondering if any Beach Club experts know. I was thinking of maybe taking off full balcony and changing it to ground floor if there are patios and that request could be granted easier than full balcony with day bed and water view. We'll be fine if neither request is given, just wanted to make sure I wasn't asking for something that can't be given in that water view category. Ok, this was long, thanks for any help!

page 889-891

Does the store still carry the Vineyard Vines line of clothing? Thanks

:welcome: back!

We didn't see any Vineyard Vines while we were there in August. My boys are huge fans.

Where is the new Market located? From the pictures, it looks like the retail shop location, Fittings & Fares.

Thanks for the comment about the Vineyard Vines.

The Market at Ale & Compass takes up some of the space that was formerly Fittings & Fairings. The rest of the space is being renovated for retail sales. Current items for sale are in the YC lobby, until the renovation is completed.

::yes::

Market at Ale & Compass menu is now posted on Disney's website. There are quite a few kids' meals available. No prices are listed, though, as of today. The menu is clearly incomplete, since no adult cold sandwiches shown in the refrigerator cases are listed, nor other items, such as fresh bakery.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/menus/breakfast/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...le-and-compass-market/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Oops...where's the chicken?

Grilled Chicken Panini
Basil Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella, Oven Roasted Tomatoes on a Baguette

Thanks so much for sharing the info with the menus. I'll add those to the Market at Ale & Compass post.

:thumbsup2

Is there any suggestion that they will be changing the BC coffee makers to Keurigs? I know some other resorts have switched over and was wondering if it was planned to be a company wide switch or just the luck of the draw. We love our coffee in the morning and like to brew our own in the room. We'll buy extra to have with us, K-cups are just more convenient since we have a Keurig at home.

I haven't heard that is happening, but they certainly could be replaced.

:cool2:

Beach club lovers. After 5 years I have found the closest smell to the lobby smell in my opinion so far!!! Low and behold.....
BC Smell Nivea.JPG

Thanks! I'll add this to the redneck scent suggestion post.

Hello! Just back last night from a wonderful stay at Yacht Club. We were on club level and in a room with two queen beds. We did have a tub with a rain shower as well as handheld shower, which was perfect for giving our toddler a bath! We thought the renovated room was beautiful, and felt much cleaner than a carpeted hotel room!

Thank you so much for reporting back about your trip and your room. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Do you happen to remember the room number? Daybed or no?

Thanks!

:cool1:

Hi all! We are staying at Beach Club for the first time this September. It will be myself, DH, DS(14), and DS(12). We booked a pool/lagoon view bounce back last December. When I booked, I requested day bed first and full balcony second. It is listed as a request on the reservation, when I have called for other things a couple of times, the Disney agents have always mentioned it. (I know it is just a request though).

Just wondering if there are even many rooms in the water view category with both daybeds and full balconies? I've started wondering if requesting ground floor might be a better idea. Was thinking maybe the ground floor has patios, but since I've never stayed there, I didn't know. A patio might be nice added space if getting a full balcony in the water view category is tough. Anyway, just wondering if any Beach Club experts know. I was thinking of maybe taking off full balcony and changing it to ground floor if there are patios and that request could be granted easier than full balcony with day bed and water view. We'll be fine if neither request is given, just wanted to make sure I wasn't asking for something that can't be given in that water view category. Ok, this was long, thanks for any help!

We had a water view room (view of the quiet pool) with 2 queens, pull out couch, and full balcony last September.

Here's another question- can you get ANY shake from the take out window, including the adult shakes or Hard Root Beer floats?

If anyone is willing to take on that challenge in the name of "research" please let me know.

You can indeed get ALL the shakes to go.

We had booked a garden/woods view room with the bounce back discount. Whenever we book this category we tend to get a view of the trees between the BC and Epcot.

Room 3520 - two queen beds, connecting door, full balcony, no daybed.

IMG_3342_zpsinbbpykz.jpg

Thanks for the updates and pics! I'm sorry, but I'm going to harp on the beds again though. Now they've removed the pillows? Gosh....taking down the artwork and stripping the seashell knobs off the drawers next? I know many of the folks here were not fans of the decorative pillows and bed runners for sanitary reasons, but my thought was to just drop them on the daybed or floor. I really don't need to be hit over the head with theming, but now the rooms (and I understand this is happening at all resorts) look a lot more generic, and a lot less interesting. :sad1:

We had booked a garden/woods view room with the bounce back discount. Whenever we book this category we tend to get a view of the trees between the BC and Epcot.

IMG_3342_zpsinbbpykz.jpg

IMG_3343_zpsmqtx0lg7.jpg

IMG_3347_zpsnaxutyup.jpg

This section of the resort is closest to the International Gateway and has only three floors, so there wasn't anyone above us. The trees were very close and we had a lot of privacy. We had a great view of the Illumination fireworks and could hear the British Revolution when we opened the door to the balcony. My fireworks pictures are always bad since my cell phone likes to use the flash for these shots.

IMG_3327_zps3xqwkujt.jpg

There isn't much to say about this room. It had the dormer balcony and the Roman shades. We had a big empty space between the bed and window. It looks big enough for a roll away bed or an armchair. The room had a connecting door and there was only one night when we heard the family next door. The fireworks work up the baby and that made it cry for awhile. And them seemed to have a lot of young kids. But I put a towel at the bottom of the connecting door and that helped. But other than that, it was a very quiet room.

It seemed like the resort was not full. Both the quiet pool and SAB never had very many people at it. The Marketplace wasn't very busy, even at morning rush hour. But I did notice a lot of activity at the airport on our departure day. It was the Wednesday before Memorial weekend and both Orlando and Midway seemed extra busy. Unfortunately, the parks were crowded with school and tour groups during our stay. But we had a great time anyway. :)

Bonus view of illuminations, but that was my thought too, why the big open space? They could have put an armchair and foot stool there. And there's that bulkhead type wall taking away Sq ft from your room, where Day bed should have been. Seems dark too. Prob because of solid balcony and only one patio door instead of the double slider.
I don't think I'd like that room. Teena has told me they have some oddball rooms at BC/YC.
We always do the towel under the door too! Did you find it louder with no carpet?

page 892

Hi, everyone. Could someone tell me where to find a posted BC transportation schedule? I am looking for what time/how often the bus leaves from BC to AK with the new extra magic hours, and also to MK and Disney Springs?

As mentioned previously, there is no posted schedule.

There was one morning in August 2015 I went out to the bus stop at 6:30 am and documented the times I saw buses for the MK and AK arrive. I have a link to the description on Page 1, Post 1- Bus Stop Babe, I believe.

:car:

We got back last night from our May 9-16 YC CL stay.

I agree 100% with shoreward. Not at all impressed with new Market at Ale & Compass decor or even the set up. It's going to be really really crowded once there are more than a handful of people in the space. Additionally, since setting up a whole new area, we were really surprised they only put in 2 refill coke stations. The lines are going to be long during busy seasons (you have to go through menus to pick your drink). I love the machines but much more time consuming than just walking up and filling a mug. Also, trickier to fill the mug too. I filled it several times to the top with no problems, but also only filled it half way a few times before the delay for another refill kicked in.

I cannot comment on the food since I did not purchase anything and I am certain it will change but neither Monday or Tuesday had much of a selection in the prepared hot or cold sections.

I was told the QS area was done months in advance - they had planned for a late July open. The gift shop is anticipating a late July open.

A manager told us the globe will likely be back by the end of the week. Most of the parts are specially made so they had to be reordered as part of the restoration process.

As for the new rooms. We were in room 5148 GV overlooking the gazebo, King with a shower. Our room had a maintenance issue and we waited a long time to check in and therefore, talked to the manager for awhile.

The mattresses are "industrial" since the Simmons ones installed at BC during the last refurbishment only lasted a year before being replaced. Yes, they are high and can slide but very comfortable. My DH spent the entire trip worried our DS was going to fall off onto the hard floor.

I have very mixed feelings on the floor. I did not mind the no carpet but my DH did not like it - again because DS. BUT I would not walk barefoot on them ever. Housekeeping definitely uses something that looks like a swifter, which I am fairly certain is just a surface cleaning/move germs around sort of thing. I never felt like the floors were fully clean. It did make things a lot more relaxing with a kid though since we never worried if he dropped his drink, knocked sand everywhere, etc. since we could easily wipe it up. However, that also goes back to the floor never being fully clean. Not sure if the floor is the cause, but I could clearly hear a neighbor using the toilet, flush and start the shower. I assumed the room next to us but maybe below us. We did not have a connecting door. We did get a lot of noise from the hallway also.

Housekeeping was inconsistent. The towels and bedding were standard but it appeared that some days she spent time in the room and other days none - trash cans all in one spot, outside chairs shoved to the side, toiletries messily put down (versus neatly displayed) - I mention since we always discuss mouse keeping here.

Love the new showers. DS declared it the best shower ever and we could not get him out. The bathroom setup is great with the sliding doors which we used numerous times.

We used the shower at SAB before our ME pickup. Three of them in the women's shower area. Wonderful addition to the pool/resort. There was no shampoo/conditioner/soap or towels although the pool attendant did tell me towels were suppose to be there. I packed the toiletries from our room in our swim bag and apparently everyone else had the same idea.

Seemed to be less sand in the pool this trip too. I never remember seeing the pipes in the kiddie area and they were visual the entire trip. The hot tub next to the pool was fixed on Sunday. It was warm prior and on Monday we were surprised with a very hot "hot pool."

Thank you so much for the detailed reports from your stay and the info about the new shower room.

:thumbsup2

page 893

There is a discussion of the AC motion sensor in another thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/balloon-a-c-question.3444679/

Thanks for posting this thread. I posted the bypass instructions video on Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info).

LMK if anyone tries out the method and if it worked!

::yes::

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post my question. But here goes~~we rented DVC points for our first stay at the Beach club:yay::love:

. I read that if you stay under a certain amt of days you won't get towel service thus meaning no toiletries. I know you can buy them at the gift shop but i hoping to get the travel size in our room.
Will there even be some when we check into the room?:confused3

we got fresh towels everyday and toiletries when we stay at POFQ (we'll be staying there at the end of our week0:goodvibes

Thanks so much for any help:thanks:

Liz:thumbsup2
also we arrive around 1pm what do people usually do on arrival day? I know my Daughter wants to go to MK that night. Would enjoying the pool and a late lunch at Beaches and cream sound like a plan? We have the other 6 days planned for a day at each park. I really want to enjoy the pool weather permitting.:santa:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Some of the things you can do upon arrival while waiting for your room to be ready:

Swim- make sure you pack a swim suit, a plastic bag for wet clothes and maybe change of clothes from your travel attire. There is now (FINALLY) a shower room adjacent to Stormalong Bay for changing your clothes.

Pop into EPCOT for some lunch

Go to Magic Kingdom (that is our tradition) (but it sounds like you will be heading there that night.

What scent are the h2o toiletries?

You're making me work tonight! :yay: Bath and facial soap are sea salt, lotion, gel, shampoo, and conditioner are grapefruit bergamot. And now I know what bergamot is!

^^^ Wait long enough for me to reply and the answer may change...

:sad2:

Yes. Here is what we had in our BC room this week:

IMG_3326_zpsajjvnyqa.jpg

H20+ Sea Salt/Sea Marine Toiletries

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates and pics! I'm sorry, but I'm going to harp on the beds again though. Now they've removed the pillows? Gosh....taking down the artwork and stripping the seashell knobs off the drawers next? I know many of the folks here were not fans of the decorative pillows and bed runners for sanitary reasons, but my thought was to just drop them on the daybed or floor. I really don't need to be hit over the head with theming, but now the rooms (and I understand this is happening at all resorts) look a lot more generic, and a lot less interesting. :sad1:
The long, cylindrical blue accent pillows were on the beds when we walked in the room. I had taken them off and placed them next to the desk. But I do miss not have the runner at the foot of the bed.

Bonus view of illuminations, but that was my thought too, why the big open space? They could have put an armchair and foot stool there. And there's that bulkhead type wall taking away Sq ft from your room, where Day bed should have been. Seems dark too. Prob because of solid balcony and only one patio door instead of the double slider.
I don't think I'd like that room. Teena has told me they have some oddball rooms at BC/YC.
We always do the towel under the door too! Did you find it louder with no carpet?
I thought that a big armchair and ottoman would have been nice. When I saw the big, open space I wondered if the former occupant had requested a roll away bed and they just hadn't replaced the furniture yet.

The rolled up towel worked very well to block out noise. :) Our room had carpet, which was fine.

page 894

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.

There is (was?) a set of free-to-use lockers near Beaches & Cream, in between the Beach & Yacht Club, inside the SAB pool area.

See Posts 2 and 3 on Page 1 for pictures/details.

As far as I know, they are still there- does anyone know if that has changed?

:magnify:

We just got back last night from our first Beach Club stay & think we're hooked. It's a great resort & hope to be back there next time.

What we loved:
1) being able to walk to Epcot & take a boat to Hollywood studios was so much nicer than the buses.
2) having great views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios fireworks right from resort property (bridge to Boardwalk for Illuminations & sitting on a swing on the beach for HS).
3) Stormalong Bay was awesome...we spent every afternoon there & really enjoyed it.
4) the overall look & feel of the resort was lovely...really quaint & relaxing
5) CM's were all very nice & friendly (our balcony overlooked the back courtyard & one day it rained really hard for a while. We sat on the balcony watching people running back & a friendly CM was opening the doors for guests & offering them fresh towels to dry off).

Our only very minor complaints:
1) lack of counter service options. We did use CS credits at Market Place (breakfast & lunch) and Boardwalk Bakery and everything was good, but not a lot of options. Tried to eat at Hurricane Hannah's twice & both times they were closed. Once it was too late (they stop serving food at 8:00 I believe) and once there was an issue with equipment being down.

2) Bus service to Magic Kingdom in the morning wasn't great. Our first MK day we got there at 8:20 & the board said a bus would be there at 8:34. It didn't get there until 8:50 & by then it was packed & 1/2 the people had to wait for another bus. We didn't get to MK until after rope drop (not a big deal for us though). I thought it was maybe just a fluke but a few days later the same thing happened.

FYI about trading a drink for a snack at Market Place...I thought you could still do it at the resorts. One morning we got 2 bounty platters & instead of drinks we got a coffee cake & a cinnamon roll. They allowed us to do it, but said that they weren't supposed to & not to expect it next time. We never tried it again so I'm not sure if we just had a particularly rule following CM but I would maybe ask first. We were allowed to trade a CS for 3 snacks there with no problems.

Thank you so much for your review. May I add a link to this post to our review section on Page 1, Post 16?

Ha! On our first BC trip, we had a room that overlooked the back entrance courtyard and one of my husband's favorite memories from that room was the people watching, especially one evening when it was pouring out. He watched people start to walk out the door, then go back in then try to head back out again. That happened again and again during the storm.

:umbrella:

IMG_3342_zpsinbbpykz.jpg

IMG_3343_zpsmqtx0lg7.jpg

IMG_3347_zpsnaxutyup.jpg

This section of the resort is closest to the International Gateway and has only three floors, so there wasn't anyone above us. The trees were very close and we had a lot of privacy. We had a great view of the Illumination fireworks and could hear the British Revolution when we opened the door to the balcony. My fireworks pictures are always bad since my cell phone likes to use the flash for these shots.

IMG_3327_zps3xqwkujt.jpg

There isn't much to say about this room. It had the dormer balcony and the Roman shades. We had a big empty space between the bed and window. It looks big enough for a roll away bed or an armchair. The room had a connecting door and there was only one night when we heard the family next door. The fireworks work up the baby and that made it cry for awhile. And them seemed to have a lot of young kids. But I put a towel at the bottom of the connecting door and that helped. But other than that, it was a very quiet room.

It seemed like the resort was not full. Both the quiet pool and SAB never had very many people at it. The Marketplace wasn't very busy, even at morning rush hour. But I did notice a lot of activity at the airport on our departure day. It was the Wednesday before Memorial weekend and both Orlando and Midway seemed extra busy. Unfortunately, the parks were crowded with school and tour groups during our stay. But we had a great time anyway. :)

We had a room on this floor last time we stayed and loved seeing the fireworks. There was also room to fit a roll away next the balcony door. Bit of a squeeze getting out but gave us an extra bed!
I agree the resort doesn't seem crowded and we've always for a bed somewhere around the pool mid day. X

page 894-895-896

We just got back last night from our first Beach Club stay & think we're hooked. It's a great resort & hope to be back there next time.

What we loved:
1) being able to walk to Epcot & take a boat to Hollywood studios was so much nicer than the buses.
2) having great views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios fireworks right from resort property (bridge to Boardwalk for Illuminations & sitting on a swing on the beach for HS).
3) Stormalong Bay was awesome...we spent every afternoon there & really enjoyed it.
4) the overall look & feel of the resort was lovely...really quaint & relaxing
5) CM's were all very nice & friendly (our balcony overlooked the back courtyard & one day it rained really hard for a while. We sat on the balcony watching people running back & a friendly CM was opening the doors for guests & offering them fresh towels to dry off).

Our only very minor complaints:
1) lack of counter service options. We did use CS credits at Market Place (breakfast & lunch) and Boardwalk Bakery and everything was good, but not a lot of options. Tried to eat at Hurricane Hannah's twice & both times they were closed. Once it was too late (they stop serving food at 8:00 I believe) and once there was an issue with equipment being down.

2) Bus service to Magic Kingdom in the morning wasn't great. Our first MK day we got there at 8:20 & the board said a bus would be there at 8:34. It didn't get there until 8:50 & by then it was packed & 1/2 the people had to wait for another bus. We didn't get to MK until after rope drop (not a big deal for us though). I thought it was maybe just a fluke but a few days later the same thing happened.

FYI about trading a drink for a snack at Market Place...I thought you could still do it at the resorts. One morning we got 2 bounty platters & instead of drinks we got a coffee cake & a cinnamon roll. They allowed us to do it, but said that they weren't supposed to & not to expect it next time. We never tried it again so I'm not sure if we just had a particularly rule following CM but I would maybe ask first. We were allowed to trade a CS for 3 snacks there with no problems.

Thank you so much for your review. May I add a link to this post to our review section on Page 1, Post 16?

Ha! On our first BC trip, we had a room that overlooked the back entrance courtyard and one of my husband's favorite memories from that room was the people watching, especially one evening when it was pouring out. He watched people start to walk out the door, then go back in then try to head back out again. That happened again and again during the storm.

:umbrella:

Hello everyone. It's official! So excited to be booked at the Beach Club December 28 to Jan 3. I am petrified to risk the crowds at Christmas but it was the only time that worked so I will spend the next 200 days planning! Add me to the list again finally! Me, DD 11 and DS 14.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter