Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

kimmy85

PROUD US ARMY MOM!
Hi everyone! I haven't delurked in a while but I had a question and was hoping that someone can help me out?

Regarding the adult beverages sold in BC Marketplace, I am curious as to the size (ml) of the Jose Cuervo tequila bottle and the cost. We are ordering beer and wine from GG but since we are staying in a 1BR villa, we plan on having more snacks and easy dinners in the room (which then leads to margaritas...)

Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks!

WiscMomof2

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are home from our YC CL stay. I thought I'd pop in and post a few things about our experience. We arrived at the resort about 9:30 AM. There wasn't a CM waiting outside, but the valet called someone from bell services to take us up to the lounge. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we could have just gone up on our own. Stopped at the desk to make sure everything was in order and were served the famous "welcome drink". Hello, let the vacation begin! As far as our room, we got a text that the room was ready at 8:30 AM (earliest ever!). We were given 5198, which is a garden view. The new rooms are very nice. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the flooring, but I actually kind of liked it once seeing it in person. 5198 has a king bed with a chair and a shower (no tub). We had requested a king room close to the lounge, so they did a good job accommodating these requests. All the CM's we encountered in the lounge were great. Everyone super friendly and helpful. We felt the food/beverage selections in the lounge were really good. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to try and answer! :goodvibes

This is a view from our room.

IMG_0846-2.jpg

• mrsap

If I could get to sleep, I would have slept by now
    Hey everyone! Our window opened today for ADR's! We were able to get everything we wanted! (Even Beaches and Cream!) Looking forward to trying it, thanks to you guys! I feel like our trip is even closer now! Getting excited!!!

JennLTX

DIS Veteran
    Hi everyone! We are home from our YC CL stay. I thought I'd pop in and post a few things about our experience. We arrived at the resort about 9:30 AM. There wasn't a CM waiting outside, but the valet called someone from bell services to take us up to the lounge. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we could have just gone up on our own. Stopped at the desk to make sure everything was in order and were served the famous "welcome drink". Hello, let the vacation begin! As far as our room, we got a text that the room was ready at 8:30 AM (earliest ever!). We were given 5198, which is a garden view. The new rooms are very nice. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the flooring, but I actually kind of liked it once seeing it in person. 5198 has a king bed with a chair and a shower (no tub). We had requested a king room close to the lounge, so they did a good job accommodating these requests. All the CM's we encountered in the lounge were great. Everyone super friendly and helpful. We felt the food/beverage selections in the lounge were really good. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to try and answer! :goodvibes

This is a view from our room.

View attachment 239895
    Every time I hear about the welcome beverage being offered, I just get giddy all over again. What an AWESOME view from your room!!!!!:love:

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
    Hi everyone! I haven't delurked in a while but I had a question and was hoping that someone can help me out?

Regarding the adult beverages sold in BC Marketplace, I am curious as to the size (ml) of the Jose Cuervo tequila bottle and the cost. We are ordering beer and wine from GG but since we are staying in a 1BR villa, we plan on having more snacks and easy dinners in the room (which then leads to margaritas...)

Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks!
    Completely unhelpful other than to say expect it to cost about twice what you would pay at your local ABC store. At least that has been my experience when purchasing alcohol from the Disney resort stores.

• gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    Thank you! I will be sure to still add Full Balcony as a preference.

Do many of you lovely club level people contact DSS directly with room preference requests?
    I imagine the majority would be "close to lounge" and "full balcony"!
    I did! I actually added a daybed request when I called in to book the Safari, it was great being able to book the safari, change a dining reservation and add room requests with one phone call. Or email them if you prefer, I have always heard back within same day - 48 hours.

ellismom

Mouseketeer
    I saw somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window? Is this right? What do they offer at the window?

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We arrived home on Wednesday night from our wonderful five night stay at the BC. We went to SAB on our last day and then used the new shower facilities. These pictures are from the women's shower room. There is a large handicap style toilet in the room, two shower stalls, a baby changing shelf, a sink, a bench, towels and the same toiletries that the rooms have.

IMG_3427_zpsvnmd8lnj.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsu5xr9u4a.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsavimlsh4.jpg

IMG_3431_zpsq5cjm7pn.jpg

There are three shower rooms : women's, men's and unisex. The unisex shower room has a lock on the door so my husband and I used that room to shower and change. It had a single shower stall, toilet, sink, bench, baby changing area, towels but the toiletries were missing. The unisex shower room was nice because you had privacy. The other two shower rooms didn't have any place to change without someone walking in on you unless you went into the toilet stall to change or changed in the wet shower stall.

The shower stalls need a shelf or bench for your supplies. The shower room needed a curtained off area for dry clothes and to change in privacy. I think that the unisex shower room will be popular.

All in all, though, the shower rooms are a wonderful addition to the YC/BC. We ran into a management - type person as we were leaving the shower area and told him how much we liked the new showers. He said that they thought that they needed to add them since all the other deluxe resorts had shower facilities and the YC/BC lost their showers when the spa was added.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I saw somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window? Is this right? What do they offer at the window?
    I think the shakes and stuff. At least we've only gotten shakes, sundaes and cones from the window.
    Great question- I believe that the last report I got was that you could get any sundae, except for the regular Kitchen Sink, and the Grilled Banana Bread with Peanut Butter from the Beaches & Cream take out window. The mini Kitchen Sink, in the keepsake container is available at the window.

Can anyone confirm that? ETA: Thanks for the feedback!

At one point I asked for a picture of the takeout menu, and I'm pretty sure someone supplied one. I am less sure I know where I filed that and if I added it to the first page of this thread (Post 7, Dining)

Here's another question- can you get ANY shake from the take out window, including the adult shakes or Hard Root Beer floats?

If anyone is willing to take on that challenge in the name of "research" please let me know.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We arrived home on Wednesday night from our wonderful five night stay at the BC. We went to SAB on our last day and then used the new shower facilities. These pictures are from the women's shower room. There is a large handicap style toilet in the room, two shower stalls, a baby changing shelf, a sink, a bench, towels and the same toiletries that the rooms have.

Wow!!!

Love these pictures.

:thanks:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.
    The BC room is a nicer room in general. The bathroom in the BC room has a double sink. The studio has a single sink. Many of the BC rooms have two queen beds and a daybed. The studio has a full balcony while only about 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony. Most of the standard rooms at the BC are over the lobby and restaurant area and therefore closer to the main entrance than the BCV's. If the prices were the same and you didn't need the kitchenette than I would get the BC room instead of the BCV studio.

We returned from our BCV stay on May 20, 2017 and I have been trying to get settled back into the real world and prepare for our return in another couple of weeks. :faint: Tiring, but really looking forward to getting back so soon! :woohoo:
    We are returning in a few weeks, too, which is really nice. :)

Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)
    We had a tree view, too, and it was very private. No one could see into our room. :)

Great question- I believe that the last report I got was that you could get any sundae, except for the Kitchen Sink, from the Beaches & Cream take out window.

Can anyone confirm that?
    I saw people eating the mini kitchen sinks outside of Beaches and Cream. They had gotten them from the take out window. Those mini kitchen sinks cost $22.00. :faint: We never seemed to have a chance to eat there on this trip.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    When I was there at the end of March, I asked the cast member working outside the door of Beaches & Cream. She said that you can get any dessert at the take-out window except the Grilled Banana Bread & Peanut Butter. (The take-out window has a sign listing just a few options, but from what this cast member said, you are not limited to those options.)

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
    Thanks so much for the shower pics/info!!!

As for beaches and cream take out, it's been years since I've been there but at least for ice cream they would make almost anything, not just what was on the takeout menu. At that time they only did take out ice cream. Hoping to find time to grab something on our trip in July!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    When I was there at the end of March, I asked the cast member working outside the door of Beaches & Cream. She said that you can get any dessert at the take-out window except the Grilled Banana Bread & Peanut Butter. (The take-out window has a sign listing just a few options, but from what this cast member said, you are not limited to those options.)
    Thanks for that reminder. I am going to edit my post above.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We had booked a garden/woods view room with the bounce back discount. Whenever we book this category we tend to get a view of the trees between the BC and Epcot.

Room 3520 - two queen beds, connecting door, full balcony, no daybed.

This section of the resort is closest to the International Gateway and has only three floors, so there wasn't anyone above us. The trees were very close and we had a lot of privacy. We had a great view of the Illumination fireworks and could hear the British Revolution when we opened the door to the balcony. My fireworks pictures are always bad since my cell phone likes to use the flash for these shots.

There isn't much to say about this room. It had the dormer balcony and the Roman shades. We had a big empty space between the bed and window. It looks big enough for a roll away bed or an armchair. The room had a connecting door and there was only one night when we heard the family next door. The fireworks work up the baby and that made it cry for awhile. And them seemed to have a lot of young kids. But I put a towel at the bottom of the connecting door and that helped. But other than that, it was a very quiet room.

It seemed like the resort was not full. Both the quiet pool and SAB never had very many people at it. The Marketplace wasn't very busy, even at morning rush hour. But I did notice a lot of activity at the airport on our departure day. It was the Wednesday before Memorial weekend and both Orlando and Midway seemed extra busy. Unfortunately, the parks were crowded with school and tour groups during our stay. But we had a great time anyway. :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS