Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
I can probably add a dislike to BCV studios - no ceiling fans! The light fixture installed during the refurbs looks exactly like the fixture installed in the refurbed rooms at the YC, which replaced the ceiling fans.
Agreed! That one didn't come to me, but you're right--missed the fans!

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
BCV--

Microwave
Toaster
Kitchenette
Seating area
Quieter
Larger living area

Dislikes:
Pool/common area maintenance sometimes deferred
Bus overcrowding, particularly MK

BC--

In the middle of the action
Nearer Boardwalk
Daily housekeeping
Hallway/neighbor noise
Lobby

Dislikes:
Mini coffee servers
Distance to Buses
Bus overcrowding, particularly MK
Overcrowding at pools

I also dislike the lack of Marketplace food offerings but that applies to both.

With regard to preference--whichever I am able to book at the lowest rate! :cool1:
I'm kind of confused about some of these.

If you walk out the door of the BCV building, and you look to the right, you can see how to get to the outside of the BC main entrance. You don't have to walk through the Beach Club to get there. So getting from a BCV room to the buses could be faster than getting from a BC room to the buses, depending on where the room is located. (End of the hall, beginning of the hall.)

If you are walking to the Boardwalk from a BCV room, you do not go into the BC and out the back of the BC. There's an outside shortcut which puts you on the path to Epcot/Boardwalk. So getting from a BCV room to the Boardwalk could be faster than getting from a BC room to the Boardwalk, again depending on where the room is located.

The person who recently asked BC versus BCV said that they would not be staying on DVC points. Thus they would get daily housekeeping.

I'm not sure what you mean by BCV pool/common area maintenance deferred. I have never noticed that BCV lobby or pool to be more of a mess than BC areas.

If the buses are overcrowded, it will be the same whether you are BC or BCV. Same bus.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    :wave2:

Hi friends!

Just a quick hello- so sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks. Working most days- headed off to the farm now.

I will hopefully be catching up here in the next few days. I have not had any chunks of time to go through the thread and reply to comments, but I have been trying to read everything when I have a chance.

To our new friends here- :welcome:

I'll give you an individual greeting when I have the chance and get you added to our Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

In the meantime, :thanks: to all of the knowledgeable and helpful folks here who continue to answer questions as they come up.

:grouphug:

mrsap

DIS Veteran
    Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    I'm kind of confused about some of these.

If you walk out the door of the BCV building, and you look to the right, you can see how to get to the outside of the BC main entrance. You don't have to walk through the Beach Club to get there. So getting from a BCV room to the buses could be faster than getting from a BC room to the buses, depending on where the room is located. (End of the hall, beginning of the hall.)

Agreed, the walk to the bus from BCV is sometimes faster than the main building depending upon where you are located in either building. On this occasion we were placed in the penultimate room in the wing extending toward the roadway--long distance to the pool, main building and bus stop.

If you are walking to the Boardwalk from a BCV room, you do not go into the BC and out the back of the BC. There's an outside shortcut which puts you on the path to Epcot/Boardwalk. So getting from a BCV room to the Boardwalk could be faster than getting from a BC room to the Boardwalk, again depending on where the room is located.

I am aware of the walkway from BCV to Boardwalk and provided the weather is good AND your room is not in the farthest reaches of the BCV building, the outside walkway may be a bit shorter. If you are on a lower floor @ BC, it is still my opinion that the location is more convenient to the Boardwalk.

The person who recently asked BC versus BCV said that they would not be staying on DVC points. Thus they would get daily housekeeping.

True, but again--this was our experience because we were on points. I would hope the OP would take his/her circumstances into consideration.

I'm not sure what you mean by BCV pool/common area maintenance deferred. I have never noticed that BCV lobby or pool to be more of a mess than BC areas.

I am speaking primarily of the exterior areas of BCV although the alternate elevator (mid-building) was not operational the entire time we stayed and there were the usual trays, dishes, etc. outside of room doors. We saw an Otis workman on one day, but the secondary elevator service was not restored. Since the secondary elevator was not working it precipitated either walking down the stairs in our wing to the lower floor, exiting the no re-entry door near the service area OR walking the hallway from either lobby end or mid-building to exit OR walking our floor hallway to the main hallway and to the stairs or main elevator at the lobby end to exit.

A washcloth along with other bits of trash, e.g., paper bags, wrappers, cups, etc. (easily within reach of the sidewalk area) were located along the walkway the entire time we were there. Further, there was a broken beer bottle which remained for a considerable period of time.

Additionally, the dry conditions have caused a good bit of tree/vegetation debris which was not blown away the entire time we were there. We had to remove it from chairs and tables daily. Trust me, we were in the pool area each and every day for long periods. One day a pool attendant came by every couple of hours to clear towels, pick up the area and remove trash. Other than that day--we saw no one other than electricians working on lights. It also appeared (and we have a pool so it is an informed opinion) that the pool itself could have used a good cleaning--algae or algae staining on the bottom. I definitely did not note this lack of attention at SAB or the quiet pool.

If the buses are overcrowded, it will be the same whether you are BC or BCV. Same bus.

Agreed, hence the reason I noted the overcrowding issue on both BCV and BC.

My opinion is just that--my opinion, but I will attempt to clarify, see bolded. The OP was asking for likes and dislikes--I provided mine. None of these items will keep me from returning. In fact, I will be back in October with both kids and their spouses staying BC this time. More than likely, we will be back in May 2018 too.

Last edited:

TristiK

Mouseketeer
    Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!
    We found it to be good, but nothing spectacular. That said, we'll probably have lunch here on our HS day since the QS options there aren't great.

• ALDSMD

Mouseketeer
    I'm sure this is answered some where in this thread, so I apologize for asking again. Do all Yacht Club rooms have a balcony and a day bed? If I have 5 people in the room will I automatically get a day bed if not all rooms have them, or do I need to still request that? Thanks for your help.

msjprincess

DIS Veteran
    I'm sure this is answered some where in this thread, so I apologize for asking again. Do all Yacht Club rooms have a balcony and a day bed? If I have 5 people in the room will I automatically get a day bed if not all rooms have them, or do I need to still request that? Thanks for your help.

You would think so, but not necessarily. Last time we stay at the YC we didn't get to the room until late after Epcot closed. It wasn't until we were getting ready for bed that we realized there wasn't a daybed for my son. I went downstairs and they offered to move me to another room but I had family in the connecting room so I asked for a rollaway bed, which worked out fine.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    To those who offered their opinions and thoughts about BCV studio vs. BC standard room, I realize that much of this is related to personal choice and requirements. We all have varying experiences and preferences.

I appreciate all of the posts and thank those who responded. We will take all of this into consideration. Maybe next time, I will be the one to offer my comparison!

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    I've only eaten there once, but all in my party LOVED the burgers and fries we ordered,

And the dessert...well, see for yourself! Needless to say, I was not able to eat the whole thing by myself! Our next trip we will plan a late lunch there on a day we do a dessert party in one of the parks....by the time we get to the party, we should be over being stuffed at lunch!
    20160425_132736.jpg

• peace_all

Mouseketeer
    Love the food, for us the grilled cheese is hands down the best (not so sure about the soup but we are Campbell's tomato fans). Last time we went, DH and I shared the entree then the sundae, helping us justify the calories by sharing!

Our kids really enjoy it as well, we are going back our next trip, it is a must do going forward.

mrsap

DIS Veteran
    Love the food, for us the grilled cheese is hands down the best (not so sure about the soup but we are Campbell's tomato fans). Last time we went, DH and I shared the entree then the sundae, helping us justify the calories by sharing!

Our kids really enjoy it as well, we are going back our next trip, it is a must do going forward.
    Thanks so much!! My son LOVES grilled cheese, so that's good to know!!

I've only eaten there once, but all in my party LOVED the burgers and fries we ordered,
    And the dessert...well, see for yourself! Needless to say, I was not able to eat the whole thing by myself! Our next trip we will plan a late lunch there on a day we do a dessert party in one of the parks....by the time we get to the party, we should be over being stuffed at lunch!
    View attachment 239713
    Wow!!! They look Amazing!!!!! The pictures are enough of an excuse to visit!!!

mrsap

DIS Veteran
    We found it to be good, but nothing spectacular. That said, we'll probably have lunch here on our HS day since the QS options there aren't great.
    Thanks for your honest opinion!! I'm thinking dessert would Be the best reason to go, but it is very convenient for a quick bite!!!

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    We returned from our BCV stay on May 20, 2017 and I have been trying to get settled back into the real world and prepare for our return in another couple of weeks. :faint: Tiring, but really looking forward to getting back so soon! :woohoo:

I thought I would share our room views from BCV #249. We had requested first floor, near main building and/or pool view--not a single request was met. We had a woods view, in the north wing, next to last room at the far end of the hall and next to a no re-entry stairwell by the service entrance. In other words, we had the exact opposite of everything requested. I know they are just requests so no need for anyone to comment on that disappointment. The room itself was fine--clean, well-maintained and stocked as expected.

One minor aggravation was the mid-building elevator remained out of service from our arrival until departure. This made for a long walk to the pool since there is no stairwell mid-building near that elevator and our room was at the farthest reaches of that section. To exit we needed to go down a floor and walk to the mid-building exit door or walk toward the main hall and exit at the lobby end of the building. A minor inconvenience but if I had to drag luggage from the parking lot I would not have been a happy camper.

Here are the room photos and views. . .

Not much of a view unless you count the service vehicles going up and down the sidewalk in the early a.m. The service area is just to the left. We were the penultimate room on this side of the hallway. It is also a lock-off room with 247.

We had fabulous weather this trip and only one afternoon with rain which provided us with some lovely rocker time on the YC verandah. Looking forward to our return to BC in the fall with our kids and their spouses, but first that BONUS trip to The Dolphin which I also love!

ginny65

DIS Veteran
    Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)

Auntie_Maim

Mouseketeer
    I actually think that's a very nice view, but then as long as I'm not looking at a brick wall, I don't mind whatever view I have. (I once had a hotel room in San Diego that actually did look at a brick wall, but since I was there for Comic-Con and only using the room for shower and sleep, I thought it was pretty hilarious.)

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)
    I actually think that's a very nice view, but then as long as I'm not looking at a brick wall, I don't mind whatever view I have. (I once had a hotel room in San Diego that actually did look at a brick wall, but since I was there for Comic-Con and only using the room for shower and sleep, I thought it was pretty hilarious.)
    The view wasn't really an issue for us either--we aren't big on being out on the balcony of our room. If we are up, unless the weather is horrid, we are outside on property somewhere--usually poolside--or in a park. My one complaint would be that the room got very dark early in the day due to the "woods" view. I really like a light, airy and bright room.

Our minor disappointment, which was more of an inconvenience, was the location. As I said, if we are up we are in a park and when we are back around 1:00 ish, we are poolside. It was a pretty good hike to the pool especially if you forgot something in the room. The morning run to bell services for the paper was not very convenient either. We were spoiled last spring. . .we were in 106 which was close to everything.

Last edited:

ginny65

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone have an update on what floor they are remodeling at YC? The last I thought I read was third floor, but that's been a few weeks ago.

jods

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if most of the standard club level rooms at the BC have balconies? I seem to be getting mixed info.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS