Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We're doing a split stay starting with the Poly and ending with BC.

Our plan is to give our bags to bell services and head to AK. We will head to the BC around 12ish.

What time can we expect our bags to be at the BC?

When we were there with Lily ... she was about 23 months and magic bands were in full force, she had to have one to get in. We put it on her ankle and told her if she took it off, we had to go home. That worked and still works. She knows the whole time she is at Disney, if she takes off the magic band, we leave immediately. It's Mickey's rules.

P.S. If a child gets separated from their parents, a CM can pull up your reservation information from the magic band and obtain a cell phone number, etc. That's my main reason for making Lily always keep it on. We all sleep with them, shower with them, swim with them. Once we check-in, they never come off until we get home and then I have to tell Lily that Mickey says we are home and it's ok to take it off. I would be extremely uncomfortable leaving a magic band unattended although without the pin number, it is really harmless.

So, does this mean that these things are waterproof? They didn't exist the last time we were there and we are bringing our twin two year old grandkids. I wondered about them wearing them, especially in the water.

So, does this mean that these things are waterproof? They didn't exist the last time we were there and we are bringing our twin two year old grandkids. I wondered about them wearing them, especially in the water.

Yes they are waterproof.

When we were there with Lily ... she was about 23 months and magic bands were in full force, she had to have one to get in. We put it on her ankle and told her if she took it off, we had to go home. That worked and still works. She knows the whole time she is at Disney, if she takes off the magic band, we leave immediately. It's Mickey's rules.

P.S. If a child gets separated from their parents, a CM can pull up your reservation information from the magic band and obtain a cell phone number, etc. That's my main reason for making Lily always keep it on. We all sleep with them, shower with them, swim with them. Once we check-in, they never come off until we get home and then I have to tell Lily that Mickey says we are home and it's ok to take it off. I would be extremely uncomfortable leaving a magic band unattended although without the pin number, it is really harmless.

So TeenaS, if our twins don't have a ticket connected to their bands, can they still be linked to the parents (grandparents too in our case) if they wear the bands? I'm not sure what the purpose of them are (since we have never been there when they had them) for the two year olds with no tickets?

We're doing a split stay starting with the Poly and ending with BC.

Our plan is to give our bags to bell services and head to AK. We will head to the BC around 12ish.

What time can we expect our bags to be at the BC?

They say the bags will be available after 3pm at your new resort. Our bags arrived after 3pm once...it was no big deal for us. Everything we needed we kept with us during the day.

So TeenaS, if our twins don't have a ticket connected to their bands, can they still be linked to the parents (grandparents too in our case) if they wear the bands? I'm not sure what the purpose of them are (since we have never been there when they had them) for the two year olds with no tickets?
The MagicBands serve as your resort room keys. They also allow you to charge purchases to your room if you have placed a credit card on your account. You can also use them for the MagicalExpress. If you purchase park tickets you can link the tickets to your MDE account and the MagicBands will be used to enter the parks in place of your tickets. So, primarily they are your room keys and that is what you need them for if you want to swim at SAB. You don't need to have park tickets linked to them in order to use the pool. :)

The MagicBands serve as your resort room keys. They also allow you to charge purchases to your room if you have placed a credit card on your account. You can also use them for the MagicalExpress. If you purchase park tickets you can link the tickets to your MDE account and the MagicBands will be used to enter the parks in place of your tickets. So, primarily they are your room keys and that is what you need them for if you want to swim at SAB. You don't need to have park tickets linked to them in order to use the pool. :)

Yes, I knew those things, but what about the Magicbands given to under age 3 children? Do they have any of these "powers" for lack of a better word, or are they just blank? I was given the impression when I made my reservation that they were not "active" but just given to them anyway because they are coming. Does that question make sense? TeenaS said that if they were lost that a CM could "look up" who they are connected to by the Magicband. I'm not planning at all on losing any child (!!!!!!) but just wondered about this since I was given that information from the reservation person I spoke to last week.

We checked in yesterday at BC and spent the day and part of the evening at SAB. We walked over to watch illuminations at 9pm, and it was awesome. However, we didn't realize how limited food options are after 9pm since HH closes at 9pm. DD11 HAD to have a grilled chicken sandwich, and since the room service one was $16.99 and none of our party of four had eaten, we drove to McDonald's. The good news is that the one on property is only five minutes from the BC parking lot! So if you have a car, remember that McDonald's is a late night option, if not, plan better than we did. We don't usually eat that late, but evidently, even a free night takes planning- lol. We met Teena this morning, and she is an awesome person! She is living the dream:) She was even able to give me an DH a tour of the Nantucket suite since it was unoccupied! It is gorgeous!! If it's available when we can come back, it's sold (without kids since it only sleeps 2)! I got some pics if anyone is interested, although they don't do the room justice since it's incredible! It was a pleasure meeting Teena:)

Off topic, on our way to MK, my DD16 got a text from a friend that two girls that she knows from school were killed in a car accident at 6:30am this morning. A grandma of one of four girls was driving them to Florida, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The guy had three prior DUIs! One of the other girls was in critical condition but is now stable. I am just so hurt and ANGRY! This has been a really tough day, particularly for my daughter, so I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now! I guess I am only telling you all this so you will hug your babies and your loved ones, and cherish every minute because you never know! On a brighter note, although DD16 wasn't up to much park time, the pool and hot tubs at SAB are great for spending some quality time!

Off topic, on our way to MK, my DD16 got a text from a friend that two girls that she knows from school were killed in a car accident at 6:30am this morning. A grandma of one of four girls was driving them to Florida, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The guy had three prior DUIs! One of the other girls was in critical condition but is now stable. I am just so hurt and ANGRY! This has been a really tough day, particularly for my daughter, so I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now! I guess I am only telling you all this so you will hug your babies and your loved ones, and cherish every minute because you never know! On a brighter note, although DD16 wasn't up to much park time, the pool and hot tubs at SAB are great for spending some quality time!

Very tragic. You are right about hugging your babies. We have no guarantees, do we? I hope your daughter is able to enjoy her time there!

We checked in yesterday at BC and spent the day and part of the evening at SAB. We walked over to watch illuminations at 9pm, and it was awesome. However, we didn't realize how limited food options are after 9pm since HH closes at 9pm. DD11 HAD to have a grilled chicken sandwich, and since the room service one was $16.99 and none of our party of four had eaten, we drove to McDonald's. The good news is that the one on property is only five minutes from the BC parking lot! So if you have a car, remember that McDonald's is a late night option, if not, plan better than we did. We don't usually eat that late, but evidently, even a free night takes planning- lol. We met Teena this morning, and she is an awesome person! She is living the dream:) She was even able to give me an DH a tour of the Nantucket suite since it was unoccupied! It is gorgeous!! If it's available when we can come back, it's sold (without kids since it only sleeps 2)! I got some pics if anyone is interested, although they don't do the room justice since it's incredible! It was a pleasure meeting Teena:)

Thanks for letting us know about the start of your trip, particularly the details about the late night dining issues and options.

When you return from your trip, I would love to see pictures of the Nantucket suite and to post them on the board.

Sending :grouphug: to your daughter. Such an unimaginable tragedy for family and friends of these young girls. Thanks for the reminder that we need to be aware of what is important in our lives.

Well Princess Lily won. We switched from the Cabins to the Grand Floridian for our June 28-July 3 Disney vacation. Lily wants to stay back at the "White Castle".

How exciting! My DD4 loved swimming with her last summer in the GF pool! We will be at Poly from June 30 - July 7th - but have a few reservations over at GF because we just couldn't stay away! Enjoy!!

Yes, I knew those things, but what about the Magicbands given to under age 3 children? Do they have any of these "powers" for lack of a better word, or are they just blank? I was given the impression when I made my reservation that they were not "active" but just given to them anyway because they are coming. Does that question make sense? TeenaS said that if they were lost that a CM could "look up" who they are connected to by the Magicband. I'm not planning at all on losing any child (!!!!!!) but just wondered about this since I was given that information from the reservation person I spoke to last week.

They are "real". Obviously you have their name on My Disney Experience. They show up there on your dining reservations and as a member of your party on your reservation. Even as an infant, you need to include them on your reservation and for dining. Therefore if you scan the magic band, the reservation pulls up and thus at the resort a phone number is attached to your reservation. Then the phone number can be called if a missing child is found. Nobody obviously intends a child to be lost. But I usually get one or two a day. You turn your head for a second and a three year old is not there. It happened to Lily in the Living Seas. A CM asked me something, she was right next to me, I answered the CM, went to grab Lily's hand and she wasn't there. She saw something and ran over to it that quick. I found her in a few seconds but it was so scary. And with the crowds, they can get separated very easily.

Even for a year old child, they will scan the band to get into Stormalong Bay. It is real. It will show the child is part of your family and staying at the resort from 6/1 to 6/5.

And for older children too it is very helpful. When a boy of about ten came to me crying that he couldn't find his mother, I asked him his name. He was crying so hard and kept saying over and over again that he couldn't find Mom ... I could not get any information from him. So I took him over to the front desk, scanned the magic band, got the person at the front desk to pull up the reservation and we called the cell phone attached to it and of course we got his name. His parents came for him right away and he was fine and talking like crazy but I couldn't get anything out of him before that because he was so upset. I don't think lost children were a factor in making the Magic Bands but it sure is helpful for that and that's why I tell Lily if she takes off the Magic Band, we go home. It's Mickey's Rule!!!!

How exciting! My DD4 loved swimming with her last summer in the GF pool! We will be at Poly from June 30 - July 7th - but have a few reservations over at GF because we just couldn't stay away! Enjoy!!

We were just saying last night we wished you were going to be there the same time this year too!!!!! Switch!!!! Please!!!!!!

I so enjoyed spending time with you and your hubby yesterday and hope I see you today. I'm so sorry about your daughter's friends. And I'm not totally sure about the time but Crews Cup Lounge I believe is open to later and they have some fantastic food!! Not sure what time they stop serving food though. I will try to find out today.

My daughter went through a similar thing with her friends when she was a junior in high school. It really hit her hard and I was very concerned for a few months. Her whole personality changed ... I think kids that age don't realize that they aren't invincible. So when something like that happens, their whole world changes and all of a sudden they realize that life can be over so fast ... it is very scary!!!

They say the bags will be available after 3pm at your new resort. Our bags arrived after 3pm once...it was no big deal for us. Everything we needed we kept with us during the day.

We may just take a cab with our bags to check in. We go into the parks bagless. After our morning at AK we want to take our midday break at SAB, then get dressed for dinner at B&C. Then we're off to DHS for PM EMH. I don't want to take any chances.

dispro1: I am so sorry about your daughters friends. It's not an easy thing to deal with as an adult...and I can't imagine what she is thinking at 16. Big hugs to both of you.

Teena: Lily is one smart cookie!!! GF is "princess worthy"!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!