Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
You're going to need another vacation in July after the labor intensive detective work you did on this trip! :cool2:
Actually, most of it has been pretty easy. I asked the lifeguard about the pirate slide while I was floating past her in the lazy river. :) I went to the YC to get some real lemonade and saw the construction door open at the YC counter service. While I was searching the drink flavors on the Coke freestyle machine, a CM walked over and asked if I needed help. There are a lot of CM's in there and not a lot of people to wait on. She told me about the gift shop moving back into the space it used to occupy. The cab driver told me about the drought and the bus driver told me about the bus situation. The resort isn't very busy at all and it seems like the CM are happy to answer questions. :)

We got back to our room and found that our balcony had been power washed and the windows were now clean. :) They also changed out the air filters in the HVAC system in the guest rooms on our section. :)

Tomorrow is our check out day and we are thinking about spending some time at SAB before we have to get on the bus to the airport. We would then check out the showers if we decide to do that. We've really enjoyed spending a few hours at the pool. :)

DLgal

DIS Veteran
Anyone know when the YC room refurbishments are scheduled to be completed? I am debating between YC/BC for a mid October trip, and YC is considerably cheaper, but I don't want to be in the midst of renovations...

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Anyone know when the YC room refurbishments are scheduled to be completed? I am debating between YC/BC for a mid October trip, and YC is considerably cheaper, but I don't want to be in the midst of renovations...
:welcome:

Rooms should be completed by October. There may possibly still be some work going on in the lobby, the Captain's Grille restaurant is being refurbished and possibly some other projects. The Convention Center is undergoing work through sometime in 2018, but that shouldn't really impact the rooms. May affect the availability of parking.

:goodvibes:

• lionsmom

Earning My Ears
    I just got back a few days ago from my stay at YC and wanted to share some info about the new counter service location there. They were doing a soft opening when we arrived on May 13 so we were able to use it our entire stay, which made me very happy. It was a great place to refill our resort mugs and my DS and I usually visited at least twice a day. They have two Coke Freestyle machines, the Peak tea dispenser, and a coffee and hot water station.

The food selection was nothing to get excited about. It was strictly grab and go. There is a hot food case that served pre-made hot sandwiches and a couple of cold cases that served cold sandwiches, fruit cups, yogurt cups, etc. There were cases of pastries, cookies, and other sweet treats. My DS and I stopped in just about every morning for a quick breakfast. I usually grabbed a yogurt and berry cup, but one morning I tried the spinach and feta breakfast pastry from the hot case and it was really tasty. My DS usually grabbed a muffin and a fruit cup. They had a barista, but I did not order anything from that counter so I can't comment on it. I was a little disappointed that the gourmet oatmeal that was advertised on the sign was not being offered yet.

The cast members working there were all very friendly. I think it is still a work in progress at this point. There always seemed to be a couple of management-looking people with clipboards walking around checking things out.

Karebear

DIS Veteran
    Still in place when we left on 5/20/17. July is pretty far down the road though.
    [QUOTE="Wood Nymph, post: 57636087, member: 444989

The ban is still in place. They just got the first significant rain in weeks last night. We'll be back at the BC for 4th of July weekend so we'll let you know if it has been lifted by then. :)

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the info....appreciate it!

EEva

Mouseketeer
    Hi There! Do all of the LV CL rooms at BC have full balconies?
    They are all on the 5th floor, correct?

I believe I have talked myself into this room type for my solo trip in September! :) Even got a bit of a discount.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hi There! Do all of the LV CL rooms at BC have full balconies?
    They are all on the 5th floor, correct?

I believe I have talked myself into this room type for my solo trip in September! :) Even got a bit of a discount.
    Here's your official :welcome:

All regular (not deluxe or suites) club level rooms at the Yacht & Beach Club are on the 5th floor. According to my notes, 3 of the 26 Beach Club CL Water View rooms have smaller balconies.

:goodvibes

• HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
    DH and I checked in at BC this morning (first time staying here). Our room was ready when we arrived at 9:30am which was great. My MB didn't work to unlock the room so I had to go back to the front desk so they could fix it. It took about 10 minutes so they gave us 3 anytime FPs for Epcot today which was so nice! And when I looked on MDE there are 3 anytime FPs for our MK day tomorrow too.

When we got back to the room later this afternoon there was a messsge from concierge checking to make sure everything was ok. Very nice customer service here at the BC.

One minor complaint....the liter of Dasani water was open and partially empty when we got here. We just got a new one from housekeeping.

Off to dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner after a rest and shower.

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
    That's great! How do the anytime fastpasses work? Are they good for any ride/any time?

Would love to know how yachtsman is. We are going in July, has been years since we have been.

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
    That's great! How do the anytime fastpasses work? Are they good for any ride/any time?

Would love to know how yachtsman is. We are going in July, has been years since we have been.
    Yep-anytime. We just went to an attraction, scanned our MBs and in we went. But the big drawback was we couldn't use them for Frozen Ever After which was a major bummer!

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.
    BCV--

Microwave
    Toaster
    Kitchenette
    Seating area
    Quieter
    Larger living area

Dislikes:
    Pool/common area maintenance sometimes deferred
    Bus overcrowding, particularly MK

BC--

In the middle of the action
    Nearer Boardwalk
    Daily housekeeping
    Hallway/neighbor noise
    Lobby

Dislikes:
    Mini coffee servers
    Distance to Buses
    Overcrowding at pools

I also dislike the lack of Marketplace food offerings but that applies to both.

With regard to preference--whichever I am able to book at the lowest rate! :cool1:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    How many real beds do you want? Studio has one bed, one sofa bed and one pull down bed which is shorter and narrower than a twin size bed.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    BCV--

Microwave
    Toaster
    Kitchenette
    Seating area
    Quieter
    Larger living area

Dislikes:
    Pool/common area maintenance sometimes deferred

BC--

In the middle of the action
    Nearer Boardwalk
    Daily housekeeping
    Hallway/neighbor noise
    Lobby

Dislikes:
    Mini coffee servers
    Distance to Buses
    Overcrowding at pools

I also dislike the lack of Marketplace food offerings but that applies to both.

With regard to preference--whichever I am able to book at the lowest rate! :cool1:
    I can probably add a dislike to BCV studios - no ceiling fans! The light fixture installed during the refurbs looks exactly like the fixture installed in the refurbed rooms at the YC, which replaced the ceiling fans.

EEva

Mouseketeer
    Here's your official :welcome:

All regular (not deluxe or suites) club level rooms at the Yacht & Beach Club are on the 5th floor. According to my notes, 3 of the 26 Beach Club CL Water View rooms have smaller balconies.

:goodvibes
    Thank you! I will be sure to still add Full Balcony as a preference.

Do many of you lovely club level people contact DSS directly with room preference requests?
    I imagine the majority would be "close to lounge" and "full balcony"!

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
    Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is a Yacht Club picture thread somewhere (if there is, I can't find it!). Thank you!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS