Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Simba's Girl

DIS Veteran
@Nicnic Deluxe room? Thanks for posting the pictures! My family is staying in a deluxe room this January so it is super helpful to have more pictures of them because they are hard to find.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
It is (a sofa bed). Looks like a full sized mattress.
Nicnic - Alex9719 and I think you have a sofa bed. I believe some people are interpreting that as a day bed. Can you tell us which resort (YC or BC) and what type of room? I'm concerned that people are going to look at your photo, and if their room is supposed to have a day bed, they will think it will have what you had. Or better yet, edit your post to explain what type of room you have.

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• kandb

DIS Veteran
    We are going to go to dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs one night (heard good things about it). Any suggestions for getting there? Is it close enough to Disney Springs that we could take the bus there and then walk over to Saratoga Springs? Also, we are staying at the YC this time. We are taking the bus to Disney Springs on a few nights, do we get picked up first and are there a bunch of bus stops after we are picked up?

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We are going to go to dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs one night (heard good things about it). Any suggestions for getting there? Is it close enough to Disney Springs that we could take the bus there and then walk over to Saratoga Springs? Also, we are staying at the YC this time. We are taking the bus to Disney Springs on a few nights, do we get picked up first and are there a bunch of bus stops after we are picked up?

I have not done it, but have read you can walk to/from DS from Saratoga. Don't know how long that takes tho. YC does get picked up first & the only stop after that is BC.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    The DS bus depot is now at Town Center in the middle of DS. The walkways to SSR are at either end of DS - The West Side or the Marketplace depending on where you want to go.
    To the Turf Club you would want the walkway from The Marketplace.
    IMO, it is a fair walk from the DS bus depot to The Turf Club in SSR.
    I would probably taxi/Uber to SSR for dinner.

Lisann

Thank you Walt.
    Just got back from an amazing stay at the YC! We were upgraded to a water view room and got a renovated one too! The new rooms are so nice, especially the bath areas. I love the barn door that closes off the vanity and bath area from the rest of the room so you can get some more privacy. I'm on the fence about the new floors, I like the look and they seem more sanitary, but boy are they loud. We could hear everything from the room next to us, from regular conversations to people walking around. Throw in some boisterous kids and it can get pretty loud, as it did one night of our trip. Fortunately it was only one night, so we didn't loose too much sleep!

We did have a bath in our room as well, although we would have preferred just a shower. Oh, and the pocket door to the bathroom is so much better than the old setup. It was such a pain to try to close those doors before!

I'll post pictures once I figure out where my camera is packed and wake up from a much needed nap!
    I think the no-carpet look is not going to work on most levels. Contact guest services and let them know your concerns. A loud guest room is not conducive to a relaxing stay.

• Rosanne

DIS Veteran
    Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. View attachment 238126
    Love this room. I showed it to my daughter who will be sleeping on either the sofa bed or day bed or whatever. That balcony also looked really large. Awesome.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    I learned a few things from our bus driver on the way to MK. One of the reasons that the buses arrive late is that the construction vehicles at the YC are blocking the bus entrances. Today it took awhile to get the trucks out of the way of the park buses. And then two MK buses arrived at the same time.

I took a few pictures yesterday morning while waiting for the AK bus. The construction is right behind the BC bus stop. They are enlarging the convention center. They are not building a parking garage. The bus driver told us that resort parking was very limited and only resort guests and people with confirmed dining reservations could park in the resort lots. People who want to park so that they can visit resort guests have to park in the overflow lot.

I took these two pictures while we were waiting at the BC bus stop. I wanted to show people how far the standard view rooms were from the parking lot and bus stop.

And these are the new toiletries. We had a garden view/woods view room.

These are two ounce bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion.

We also have been receiving a one liter bottle of Dasani water every day. It is a really nice addition to the resort amenities. We haven't asked for it, either, but I have been careful to stow each new bottle in the frig. ;)

We had a great time at the Pandora annual passholder preview yesterday and had a Dis meet with Ariane and her husband. We had a delicious lunch at the new counter service restaurant and a very colorful dessert.

It is a blueberry cheesecake with a lemon something on tops, a slice of white chocolate and some sort of white candy dollop on top. The sauce might be raspberry. It was good.

Last edited:

rdesear

Earning My Ears
    Hello!

First timers here in 10. Days for a 2 bedroom BC Villa...A few questions...

1. I know they dont guarantee room types but can I request a certain room/location? If so, which ones? (I booked via dreams unlimited). I saw some Balconies are short and some are full size?

2. Are the renos done for BC 2 BR Villas? Are there still 2 types? The standard 2 BR and the one with a connecting Studio? Which is better? Its my wife and two teen boys.

3. Any other cool reccomendations? It is very important we make this a good trip (see my other posts if interested) but fear not we keep our expectations in check.

4. Is the AC in the rooms good?

Thanks!

• Nicnic

DIS Veteran
    Nicnic - Alex9719 and I think you have a sofa bed. I believe some people are interpreting that as a day bed. Can you tell us which resort (YC or BC) and what type of room? I'm concerned that people are going to look at your photo, and if their room is supposed to have a day bed, they will think it will have what you had. Or better yet, edit your post to explain what type of room you have.

I booked a standard garden view room and requested a day bed and large balcony. Guess I hit lucky with this room. It would easily sleep 6!! I was expecting a regular day bed but like others have said this is definitely a sofa bed. I'll try and get a picture of it put back. X

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Hello!

First timers here in 10. Days for a 2 bedroom BC Villa...A few questions...

1. I know they dont guarantee room types but can I request a certain room/location? If so, which ones? (I booked via dreams unlimited). I saw some Balconies are short and some are full size?

2. Are the renos done for BC 2 BR Villas? Are there still 2 types? The standard 2 BR and the one with a connecting Studio? Which is better? Its my wife and two teen boys.

3. Any other cool reccomendations? It is very important we make this a good trip (see my other posts if interested) but fear not we keep our expectations in check.

4. Is the AC in the rooms good?

Thanks!
    It is never wise to request a specific room. With Villa occupancy near 100% it is likely that room will not be available. Rather state what you would like. "Near elevator " or " higher floor" etc.
    all BCV Villas have full balconies.
    Renos are done.
    There are 2 types of 2 BR Villas. Dedicated and lock off. The Lock Off is a studio and 1 BR connected with an interior door it will have a door opening to the hallway and a kitchenette. It will also have 1 Queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Which is better is pure preference.

izzy1070

Mouseketeer
    We are visiting Sept 16-20!!!! I am VERY excited. I wish it was a longer stay but my hubby wants to also visit the dark side. As of now i was able to snag a room only discount the 17th-20th. Then i found supper cheap flights arriving on the 16th. So now we are coming arriving late on the 16th. I keep checking for a room discount for that night but so far no luck. Has anyone had experience with room room discounts opening up?

kandb

DIS Veteran
    The DS bus depot is now at Town Center in the middle of DS. The walkways to SSR are at either end of DS - The West Side or the Marketplace depending on where you want to go.
    To the Turf Club you would want the walkway from The Marketplace.
    IMO, it is a fair walk from the DS bus depot to The Turf Club in SSR.
    I would probably taxi/Uber to SSR for dinner.
    Thanks, we will do that.

kandb

DIS Veteran
    We are staying at the YC for the first time this August, after staying at the BC last year. I really can't believe Disney is making it so difficult to keep your room cold if a guest prefers it that way. We always sleep in a cooler temperature and when I am paying a lot of money at a deluxe hotel, I don't want to wake up hot in a room with no airflow. Disney should not be nickel and diming their guests. I can't believe people have to drag in a box fan at a deluxe hotel because Disney wants to keep their electric bill for the a/c down. Sorry, but I find this unacceptable.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    I have heard that a resort will sometimes send engineering to a guest room to temporarily (perhaps for 24 hours) disable the motion sensor on the AC. Can anyone confirm that the BC or YC will do this, upon request?

alex9179

DIS Veteran
    We are staying at the YC for the first time this August, after staying at the BC last year. I really can't believe Disney is making it so difficult to keep your room cold if a guest prefers it that way. We always sleep in a cooler temperature and when I am paying a lot of money at a deluxe hotel, I don't want to wake up hot in a room with no airflow. Disney should not be nickel and diming their guests. I can't believe people have to drag in a box fan at a deluxe hotel because Disney wants to keep their electric bill for the a/c down. Sorry, but I find this unacceptable.
    The concern about fans is more about air movement. I sleep with the fan on winter/summer, because I'm more comfortable with how moving air feels in our humid area. I don't think most people are having trouble with keeping their room cool, just a few have had equipment malfunction.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and keep our A/C at 78. It's a comfortable temp for everyone, but I like a fan running. 68 is more than cool enough if the thermostat is functioning correctly. That's my winter heat setting and I'm the only one in my house who isn't chilled.
    Full disclosure, I've had hot flashes since my 30s and run hot. I'm not "average" in tolerance and don't expect an issue...except that I really like air movement.

kandb

DIS Veteran
    The concern about fans is more about air movement. I sleep with the fan on winter/summer, because I'm more comfortable with how moving air feels in our humid area. I don't think most people are having trouble with keeping their room cool, just a few have had equipment malfunction.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and keep our A/C at 78. It's a comfortable temp for everyone, but I like a fan running. 68 is more than cool enough if the thermostat is functioning correctly. That's my winter heat setting and I'm the only one in my house who isn't chilled.
    Full disclosure, I've had hot flashes since my 30s and run hot. I'm not "average" in tolerance and don't expect an issue...except that I really like air movement.
    It seems like the lowest temp you can set the thermostat for is 68 BUT during the night when there is no movement the a/c doesn't go on when the temp goes above 68. This is done to save energy. I think there is 2 issues, one no fans or air movement and the other is the temp going up because the sensor does not detect movement in the room when you are sleeping.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS