Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

TristiK

Mouseketeer
I'm so bummed at the reports of the noise and the a/c issues in the new YC rooms. We love the YC but I can't imagine sleeping in Florida in June without a/c.

TristiK

Mouseketeer
We were there a few weeks ago, it was 95 during the day, 70 at night. We had no issues at all with the AC or noise. We actually had to open the balcony door because it was 2 cold for DBF.
I'll definitely be interested to see what people think this summer. Hopefully it won't be too bad as we love the YC.

• mommyrosa2

The best thing about Memories is making them
    Popping in to say hi :wave2:

I've been away from the boards for a while and since we decided to skip Disney this year (first time since 2009), I couldn't bring myself to pop in :sad1:. Silly really, when it was my decision to skip this year.... well, cost, really made the decision easy. So sad when it was cheaper for us to go to an all-inclusive out of the country vs. a week in Disney. But, all is not lost - we're heading to Jamaica next month for celebratory birthdays and like I tell my girls...there's always next year. One was okay with it, the other is not happy at all but since we're paying....I'm sure she'll get over it!

Dee.... so sad to read about Debbie's passing - prayers to all!

In the meantime... do I have a lot of catching up to do - looking forward to reading about everyone's trips - LOVE LOVE my YC & BC!!

• dnw25

Mouseketeer
    I think it all comes down to whether it works properly in your room. DH, who is always hot and freezes me at home didn't have any complaints the entire time. I actually wanted to open the balcony door and DS said he was cold numerous times.

sjs314

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and
    I think it all comes down to whether it works properly in your room. DH, who is always hot and freezes me at home didn't have any complaints the entire time. I actually wanted to open the balcony door and DS said he was cold numerous times.
    That is my DH too and I am secretly happy there is no longer an overhead fan to freeze me too death. lol

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We arrived at the BC yesterday morning around 10:15 am. We stopped at the front desk to check in and pick up a couple of anniversary buttons. We'll be celebrating our 42nd anniversary by having dinner at Artist Point on Tuesday. Our real anniversary is Wednesday, our check out day. :)

The CM found a room with a full balcony that was ready for us to check into. It is located very close to the secret exit to Epcot. We have a great view of the fireworks and we can hear the British Revolution from our balcony.

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?
    I checked out the womens shower yesterday. There are two shower stalls, a sink and a handicapped bathroom in the shower room. They also had a stack of towels in there. It looks like a very nice shower room but it doesn't have any lockers in it. They also of a unisex shower room in addition to the mens shower room. It is completely separate for the regular restrooms, located to the right down a little hallway. I didn't see it at first.

Here are some pictures of the room we are in. I also had my first sunken treasure. We're having a fab time.
    Thanks for posting your pictures. It looks like a wonderful room. :)

We had dinner at Captain's Grill and checked out the very tiny gift shop set up in the lobby. We also checked out the new quick service at the YC. It has a rather sparse selection of food. It seems like they are going for the healthy food angle since there was an abundance of granola bars. They have a selection of hot foods that are being kept hot in the display cabinet. There was a most delicious looking cinnamon pecan nut roll that my husband is going to later later in the trip. They have two free style Coke machines. I had an empty water bottle with me so I filled it at the machine. I'll have to go back with the refillable mug. They had the same ice tea dispenser that they have at the BC Marketplace.

We had a nice surprise waiting for us when we got back to our room before dinner. Someone had dropped off a little box of gourmet chocolates as a thank you gift for being a frequent guest at the BC. I thought that was very nice of them. :) We also had a big bottle of Dasani water in the room and the larger toiletries. It is the sea salt fragrance of the H2O products in a 2 oz tube. They didn't have an insect spray but then there hasn't been any rain for weeks (until yesterday).

We are off to day to the annual passholder preview of Pandora at the Animal Kingdom. We're really looking forward to it. :)

Let me know if you want me to check anything out. We were really tired yesterday from our early flight, and haven't had time to "properly" explore yet. :)

Nicnic

DIS Veteran
    Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. 20170518_163749-756x1008.jpg

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
    thanks for the pictures!!! we are staying in a deluxe room in june, I believe thats what youre in? Which room is that? I love the room! After all my research on these 6 rooms i thought I could have guessed which room youre in but I cant. lol

LindyWebb

Mouseketeer
    Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. View attachment 238126
    Our day bed did not look like that! It was a twin size for sure! That looks more like a double.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS