Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

dnw25

Mouseketeer
Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?
JennLTX, when do you go? Will you post back and let me know if you have any problems getting a fan? Wonder about how many they might have and if getting one is ever an issue. Although to be honest I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read these boards so guessing not a lot of people would think to.

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.
Totally get it. I had my 3 year old and just like they tell you on the plane....take care of yourself and then them. I got dressed first while he took in the spray shower.

grabbed 4 towels for the two of us but could have used more to put down on the puddles outside the shower.

Was surprised how many people left their phones 100% unprotected on beach chairs at the pool. We always leave ours locked in the room safe but we're paranoid downtown dwellers.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
we were fine with the temp, but ours was working. A manager told me that ceilings fans are not a "Florida" thing and so they were removed...
:rotfl2: I don't know that I would have been able to prevent myself from laughing out loud at that, who has a fan in Florida? Madness!!

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• dnw25

Mouseketeer
    True. When we were there a few weeks ago it seemed to be better.
    Only sometimes. Without fail the time would repeatedly change during the wait. Buses were hit or miss the entire week. MK a.m. seemed particularly bad. We had at least 3 mornings with over 40 min wait for buses - 2 to mk and one to AK.

From MK to YC, twice my DS and I beat DH by taking the monorail and walking through Epcot over taking the bus back.

dnw25

Mouseketeer
    :rotfl2: I don't know that I would have been able to prevent myself from laughing out loud at that, who has a fan in Florida? Madness!!
    She gave me a long drawn out explanation too. Paraphrasing - She was from MN and we're from Midwest too where everyone has ceiling fans in every room but moved to FL and NO ONE has ceiling fans. No homes have them, really rare to find them, most resorts don't have them, etc. I went along with it.

We don't have fans in our place...

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    A couple nights ago the fam decided they want to try Beaches & Cream for lunch- a week after our ADR window opened. Didn't find availability (obviously, I should have known from y'all that it was a hard to get ADR, where was my head at?), DSS didn't find availability, then low and behold I found a perfectly timed lunch ADR this morning for all of us! I feel like our BC experience will be much more complete now!

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
    A couple nights ago the fam decided they want to try Beaches & Cream for lunch- a week after our ADR window opened. Didn't find availability (obviously, I should have known from y'all that it was a hard to get ADR, where was my head at?), DSS didn't find availability, then low and behold I found a perfectly timed lunch ADR this morning for all of us! I feel like our BC experience will be much more complete now!
    We were able to walk up a few weeks ago with a 5 minute wait. It was awesome

• JennLTX

DIS Veteran
    JennLTX, when do you go? Will you post back and let me know if you have any problems getting a fan? Wonder about how many they might have and if getting one is ever an issue. Although to be honest I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read these boards so guessing not a lot of people would think to.

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.
    I'm on it!!! :-) FWIW, our room is CL, so not sure if that will play a role in the "availability" of the fans, but I'll report back no matter what!

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    True. When we were there a few weeks ago it seemed to be better.
    Yeah, it's sometimes hard for them to know if they will be delayed - depends on the stops ahead of you, and if there are multiple scooters and strollers, etc. At least they update the boards, or did when I was there last time, so you don't jump up every time another bus appears at the corner.

JoanneAZ

Mouseketeer
    I stayed at Beach Club last month and was surprised to have a ceiling fan in my room, so not all of them have been removed.

I was in room 1598, first floor garden view. It is a king room, good for 1-2 people not a whole family. I thought the room location was great, it was quiet, next to an "emergency" exit (people came and went through this exit without setting off any alarm), convenient to the marketplace and not far from the lobby. However the patio was just sad- a small pad of brick pavers with a tiny table and 1 chair, no railing at all and if you pulled the chair back to sit down it went off the little brick area. I was there for the RunDisney races and my top requests were a quiet room with a tub (a must for post run epsom salt soaks :) ) so the patio and the view didn't matter to me at all. I forgot to take pictures but one window looked out at part of the BCV and the other looked out over the sidewalk to bushes.

Housekeeping was just okay. The room was cleaned daily but never properly dusted. There was no bug repellant that I saw. There was fresh bottle of Dasani every day, on check in there was also a partially used bottle which I threw away.

• Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    Here and as others have posted, MK buses have been a bear. The showers are available, but lockers still within the pool area. Wish they would have copied Boardwalk's set up. :confused3

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    I stayed at Beach Club last month and was surprised to have a ceiling fan in my room, so not all of them have been removed.
    The guest rooms at the Beach Club still have ceiling fans; however, the ceiling fans at the Yacht Club are being removed and replaced by light fixtures, as the rooms are refurbed.

Nicnic

DIS Veteran
    We are finally here. Landed at 2pm and at the BC by 4pm . Check-in was quick and we have the most wonderful huge room with a large double day bed and long full balcony. I will try and post pictures when I can. In spot now having tea at rose and crown. Already been on nemo and soarin. X

Branflakes

DIS Veteran
    The following override directions were posted on another board:

Perhaps someone currently staying at the YC, or someone who has an upcoming visit, can try the instructions and report back.

The AC motion sensors are devices designed to save energy and expense. I would think the same can be said for the ceiling fans. The refurbed rooms at the BC have ceiling fans.
    We read this while we were at YC last week, and it didn't work on these particular thermostats. There isn't an override for the motion detection which is the issue.
    While we had all kind of issues with the a/c, one constant was the motion detector working just fine.

alex9179

DIS Veteran
    we were fine with the temp, but ours was working. A manager told me that ceilings fans are not a "Florida" thing and so they were removed.

Honestly, the one thing that actually did bother me was a green light in the fire detector. it reflected off the mickey boat glass frame on the wall next to the bed and created a green night light right over my head. Kept me up two different nights.
    That manager is a lying liar who lies! Ceiling fans are a thing in the whole state of Florida and along the entire Gulf Coast. I broke into a sweat just thinking about the lack of air movement :scared:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS