Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Sue M

DIS Veteran
The a/c in our room was not working properly,blowing insanely cold, blowing hot air, not running at all, and leaking water profusely. However, all new rooms have a moton detection feature built into the actual box. It turns off when no movement is detected. Regardless of what temp is set, or if it has reached desired temp. When you return to the room, and are moving around it comes back on. Does NOT run while sleeping. Turns off within a half hour of no movement. "Tossing and turning" will not activate it. The lowest temp is 68. IMO you'd be hard pressed for it to get there if you weren't constantly in your room. No ceiling fans. As per management "that would create constant movement" and render the efficacy of the motion feature useless.
We will bring a small portable fan or three next time we visit. Not having any air moving was uncomfortable for us.
Ugh, I can't imagine no air at night while sleeping, in the heat of summer, and humidity. I always kept ceiling fan on low setting at night. We are comfortable with a 70 temp but need fan. How do they expect people to sleep in 90+ with no AC???

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    The following override directions were posted on another board:

Hold down botton and On/off (BP diplays on screen) hit on/off again to turn system back on and set temp.
    Perhaps someone currently staying at the YC, or someone who has an upcoming visit, can try the instructions and report back.

The AC motion sensors are devices designed to save energy and expense. I would think the same can be said for the ceiling fans. The refurbed rooms at the BC have ceiling fans.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    I saw more pictures posted on another website, too. I'm thinking that the space is not entirely complete yet. There is virtually no artwork of any kind on the walls. Perhaps they have stuff "on order," but wanted to get the place open for business because it is such an essential part of the resort. I think I'm going to reserve judgment on this one for awhile. Right now it does look very utilitarian.
    Hopefully, the current set-up is not the finished setting. Though, looking at the architectural rendering, the seating looks very much what is currently in place.

• jen7233

DIS Veteran
    There is no "BC Transportation Schedule". The buses do not run on a set schedule, but rather they are dispatched as needed, by a central dispatch area. In general they run about every 20 minutes. But again, not on a schedule you can plan on ahead of time.
    That's interesting. I thought they'd have a schedule like pick up on the half hour, etc. So, it sounds like we just wait and in about 20 min or so a bus will show up. No problem, glad I asked!

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
    That's interesting. I thought they'd have a schedule like pick up on the half hour, etc. So, it sounds like we just wait and in about 20 min or so a bus will show up. No problem, glad I asked!
    When you go to the bus stop there is a tv screen with the estimated time the bus will come.

• ginny65

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the info....but that is not good! I don't know how I am going to figure out a fan but I may need to. Especially sleeping we like it to be cool.
    We use a small round collapsible fan that stores away nicely. It uses either regular plug-in or USB port. I believe it was only around $10 at Walmart. Its been a great investment.

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
    Ok will grab a small fan. Also wrote DSS and they said housekeeping will give us a box fan if we would like one. So I will be asking for that at check in! Lol. Ok, not as good as a ceiling fan or control over thermostat, but I feel better.

mtemm

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?

mommyboys3

Mouseketeer
    We just got back last night from our first Beach Club stay & think we're hooked. It's a great resort & hope to be back there next time.

What we loved:
    1) being able to walk to Epcot & take a boat to Hollywood studios was so much nicer than the buses.
    2) having great views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios fireworks right from resort property (bridge to Boardwalk for Illuminations & sitting on a swing on the beach for HS).
    3) Stormalong Bay was awesome...we spent every afternoon there & really enjoyed it.
    4) the overall look & feel of the resort was lovely...really quaint & relaxing
    5) CM's were all very nice & friendly (our balcony overlooked the back courtyard & one day it rained really hard for a while. We sat on the balcony watching people running back & a friendly CM was opening the doors for guests & offering them fresh towels to dry off).

Our only very minor complaints:
    1) lack of counter service options. We did use CS credits at Market Place (breakfast & lunch) and Boardwalk Bakery and everything was good, but not a lot of options. Tried to eat at Hurricane Hannah's twice & both times they were closed. Once it was too late (they stop serving food at 8:00 I believe) and once there was an issue with equipment being down.

2) Bus service to Magic Kingdom in the morning wasn't great. Our first MK day we got there at 8:20 & the board said a bus would be there at 8:34. It didn't get there until 8:50 & by then it was packed & 1/2 the people had to wait for another bus. We didn't get to MK until after rope drop (not a big deal for us though). I thought it was maybe just a fluke but a few days later the same thing happened.

FYI about trading a drink for a snack at Market Place...I thought you could still do it at the resorts. One morning we got 2 bounty platters & instead of drinks we got a coffee cake & a cinnamon roll. They allowed us to do it, but said that they weren't supposed to & not to expect it next time. We never tried it again so I'm not sure if we just had a particularly rule following CM but I would maybe ask first. We were allowed to trade a CS for 3 snacks there with no problems.

dnw25

Mouseketeer
    Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?
    Nope, no lockers - from left to right - sink, baby changing area, entrance door, bench, shower, shower, basket for dirty towels, shower and back to sink. There are hooks for towels/clothes outside shower.

I just put all our stuff on the bench next to the shower. Luckily we were the only ones there so we had a place to put our stuff because there was A LOT of water all over the floor. Unfortunately you cannot put anything on the floor. Hopefully they'll install more shelves or hooks.

I just took shampoo and change of clothes into shower so I wasn't worried with belongings safety.

JennLTX

DIS Veteran
    Ok will grab a small fan. Also wrote DSS and they said housekeeping will give us a box fan if we would like one. So I will be asking for that at check in! Lol. Ok, not as good as a ceiling fan or control over thermostat, but I feel better.
    THAT'S good news. I'll hit them up when we arrive, too!

mtemm

JennLTX, when do you go? Will you post back and let me know if you have any problems getting a fan? Wonder about how many they might have and if getting one is ever an issue. Although to be honest I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read these boards so guessing not a lot of people would think to.

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS