Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So I was able to take a few pictures of Fittings & Fairings thru the windows. Sorry they're a little blurry, had to resize them from my phone. The sign is posted outside the entry door. The tables are near the elevator entrance. There is a sign at that door asking you to enter from the "main" entrance around the side.

IMG_2219.JPG IMG_2220.JPG IMG_2221.JPG IMG_2222.JPG IMG_2218.JPG

Last edited:
There seems to be lots of snack items, coolers for grab & go & Coke machines. I couldn't tell if there will be an area to order anything or if it will all be prepared stuff.

Edit to add: does not look at all like it could be a lounge. Can't see anything that will serve as a bar but with Disney, who knows!

Last edited:
So I was able to take a few pictures of Fittings & Fairings thru the windows. Sorry they're a little blurry, had to resize them from my phone. The sign is posted outside the entry door. The tables are near the elevator entrance. There is a sign at that door asking you to enter from the "main" entrance around the side.

Thank you!!!

:thanks:

I have always loved that fittings & Fairings had some *gasp* non Disney merchandise like Lilly Pulizer, Vineyard Vines, Tommy Bahama. As the store reopens I fear that all of these fun items will be gone. Over the next few weeks would anyone staying at the YC be able to check out the shopping situation. We are staying at the BCV in Oct. and it will be the last time to use my AP discount as we are not renewing at this point. TIA

I have always loved that fittings & Fairings had some *gasp* non Disney merchandise like Lilly Pulizer, Vineyard Vines, Tommy Bahama. As the store reopens I fear that all of these fun items will be gone. Over the next few weeks would anyone staying at the YC be able to check out the shopping situation. We are staying at the BCV in Oct. and it will be the last time to use my AP discount as we are not renewing at this point. TIA

We check in on the 24th and will gladly check. Feel free to PM me a reminder ;)

what size is the mini-fridge in a BCV efficiency and how large is the freezer compartment?
I don't need actual specifications - a photo would do. I need to figure what we will/won't eat in the room...

what size is the mini-fridge in a BCV efficiency and how large is the freezer compartment?
I don't need actual specifications - a photo would do. I need to figure what we will/won't eat in the room...

Page 487 post 9739 has a picture of the fridge in a BCV studio. The freezer space is basically non-existent, maybe the capacity for 2 ice cube trays?

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone know if the current yacht club renovations will include the turret suites? Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

I haven't heard about the turret suites, but I have been assuming they would be done. I don't know when in the renovation schedule they will be worked on, so if anyone finds out that the suites are done, or are in process, please let us know!

::yes::

The market is open for the food side of things. They have about 10 employees training currently but you can go in and buy most things. I'll be getting pictures later today.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I got caught in that downpour at Epcot & didn't have time to check it out before our Towncar picked us up. We haven't had good luck on our last days for a few trips- got caught in downpours twice & had our flight cancelled another time. :sad2:

We will be back to Disney in December but we will be at CBR with our DS & DDIL. Hope to book a bounceback for Sept at YC then. I'll miss YC CL but we're really looking forward to our first trip with DDIL.

I'll have to resize my room & view photos at home & will post tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited:
So I am very confused by the new renovation news. New Market at ale & compass opening, old ale & compass closing for Reno. Will gift shop stay in lobby for summer months?

The temporary location for merchandise will remain open until that portion of The Market at Ale & Compass is complete. It is still under refurbishment.

Those of you going home to YC in the near future (like, in less than 3 weeks :D), if you happened to want to ask about the lobby globe and then HAPPENED to want to report back here, that would be okay. :flower3:

The lobby globe was taken out for a refurbishment. Last I spoke with someone there wasn't an estimate on when it was returning. But the Front Desk really doesn't get that information.

I would almost guarantee the new Market at Ale & Compass will have these non-Disney merchandise clothing options. It would be a real shock to not have them, when part of the purpose was to offer apparel for Guests traveling with conferences who may have lost luggage through the airlines.

I haven't heard about the turret suites, but I have been assuming they would be done. I don't know when in the renovation schedule they will be worked on, so if anyone finds out that the suites are done, or are in process, please let us know!

::yes::

All of the rooms are being refurbished floor by floor starting at the 5th floor and working their way down. So it would be based on what floor the room is located on as to if it has been refurbished or not at this point.

Sandwiches made with meat, dairy, and mayo are shown without refrigeration; same, for desserts. Hopefully, this is not the norm. The packaging is almost exactly the same that was used for the test program, Express Fresh, with the exception of the name change on the labels. The CM who delivered my Express Fresh order told me that guests were commenting that the food should be available for pick up, not delivered, like room service. I think that much of what is available at Market at A&C was developed from that test program.upload_2017-5-13_16-24-33.png
PHOTOS: © 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.
Photos of offerings at the new Market at Ale & Compass (from Orlando Theme Park News)

Last edited:
page 884-886

Can anyone offer some room request suggestions for the Yacht Club garden/woods view? (I THINK I'm going to switch from BC to YC...it's a $350 savings for 5 nights)

We have a 5 year old and 2 year old. We have a few reservations for breakfast and dinner at the Beach Club. We'll be walking to Epcot often but also catching the buses to MK. We're hoping to spend a bit of time at Stormalong Bay. I'm guessing a request to be near the lobby would be beneficial?

How about ground floor vs upper. We've always stayed at POR and ALWAYS request and prefer a ground floor because of the stroller/few elevators (noise above doesn't both us) Would ground flood still be a good request at YC? Do all ground flood rooms have a door leading outside to a patio? Or are some first floor rooms along the walkway so you have outside noise from people walking by who are not resort guests and no patio?

Any other requests I should consider? We really aren't picky but if we could put a request that could possibly minimize a long walk once back to the resort/to the pool, that would be wonderful. We know it's not guaranteed.

And if Beach Club is a much better option for our requests, let me know and maybe we'll just stay at BC instead.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

FWIW, for the savings, and for the guaranteed patio or balcony, I would switch from YC to BC.

^^^ What the others have said about view- "Wedding Gazebo view, please"

"Near lobby" is a good location for transportation to the parks and the pool.

Upper/lower floor is definitely personal preference.

:goodvibes

The online room requests at the YC are now limited to Ground Floor or Upper Floor. You are allowed to make two selections. :)

Well, that's helpful!

I wonder what happens if you select both options!

:upsidedow

We just got back and had a wonderful time. We are going back home next year, but sadly won't be able to stay at the Yacht Club. We are bringing 4 other people with us and trying to pay for most of it ourselves and can't find arrangements that will fit us all :-(

I'm glad you had a great trip!

Hope you will continue to hang around with us here.

:thumbsup2

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thanks for your comments.

I see in your signature you will be at the resort in October. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

The market is open for the food side of things. They have about 10 employees training currently but you can go in and buy most things. I'll be getting pictures later today.

:welcome:

Thanks for the update!

:cool2:

Thanks! Unfortunately, I got caught in that downpour at Epcot & didn't have time to check it out before our Towncar picked us up. We haven't had good luck on our last days for a few trips- got caught in downpours twice & had our flight cancelled another time. :sad2:

We will be back to Disney in December but we will be at CBR with our DS & DDIL. Hope to book a bounceback for Sept at YC then. I'll miss YC CL but we're really looking forward to our first trip with DDIL.

I'll have to resize my room & view photos at home & will post tomorrow or Monday.

We really appreciate all of your reports during the trip!

I know you will keep hanging around with us!

:dogdance:

The temporary location for merchandise will remain open until that portion of The Market at Ale & Compass is complete. It is still under refurbishment.

The lobby globe was taken out for a refurbishment. Last I spoke with someone there wasn't an estimate on when it was returning. But the Front Desk really doesn't get that information.

I would almost guarantee the new Market at Ale & Compass will have these non-Disney merchandise clothing options. It would be a real shock to not have them, when part of the purpose was to offer apparel for Guests traveling with conferences who may have lost luggage through the airlines.

All of the rooms are being refurbished floor by floor starting at the 5th floor and working their way down. So it would be based on what floor the room is located on as to if it has been refurbished or not at this point.

Thank you so much for the clarification on the goings-on over at the Yacht Club!

:thanks:

Sandwiches made with meat, dairy, and mayo are shown without refrigeration; same, for desserts. Hopefully, this is not the norm. The packaging is almost exactly the same that was used for the test program, Express Fresh, with the exception of the name change on the labels. The CM who delivered my Express Fresh order told me that guests were commenting that the food should be available for pick up, not delivered, like room service. I think that much of what is available at Market at A&C was developed from that test program

As always, thanks for sharing the photos and info with us.

:magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter