Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only an infant can put you over room capacity. No standard deluxe sleeps more than 5.
The Deluxe rooms sleep 6 I believe. They have 2Qs and a Q sleeper sofa. Check in the beginning of the thread. Our party of 5 is booked in a Deluxe room at BC this coming January. We specifically chose this room because my kids are older now and we need more space.

The Deluxe rooms sleep 6 I believe. They have 2Qs and a Q sleeper sofa. Check in the beginning of the thread. Our party of 5 is booked in a Deluxe room at BC this coming January. We specifically chose this room because my kids are older now and we need more space.

This is Not correct
Deluxe rooms at the YC/BC sleep 5 plus an infant under 3 in a pack n play. It doesn't matter if there are 6 sleeping surfaces, the stated capacity is 5 and one under 3 in a pack n play.
4 Adults, an 8 yo and a 3 yo is 6 and over capacity for all Deluxe rooms. There are multiroom suites (very expensive) and DVC Villas that sleep 6 or more. But not regular resort rooms.

This is Not correct
Deluxe rooms at the YC/BC sleep 5 plus an infant under 3 in a pack n play. It doesn't matter if there are 6 sleeping surfaces, the stated capacity is 5 and one under 3 in a pack n play.
4 Adults, an 8 yo and a 3 yo is 6 and over capacity for all Deluxe rooms. There are multiroom suites (very expensive) and DVC Villas that sleep 6 or more. But not regular resort rooms.

And you are correct-then again, it was very easy to check both the Disney website and the beginning of the thread like I suggested in the first place. :rolleyes1

This is Not correct

I called Disney to get our pricing and asked the question to them (called twice to make sure I got the same info). They state if 2 and under, not 3 and under.

This is Not correct
Sorry for the confusion....I meant regular deluxe RESORT rooms....not deluxe ROOMS (I didn't even know that was a category!). Happy to learn something new :)

We arrive at YC next tuesday. When I put in my room requests with Disney I had a very nice, and very new agent. We have a split stay and to pay off the rooms, add requests and verify ME was correct took over 1 hour and 45 mins. I think she messed up our YC requests. I wanted 1. renovated room 2. epcot fireworks view 3. king. She put down 1. renovated king 2. epcot fireworks. I tried to nicely correct her but she insisted that it was all good.

Is it too late to modify with Disney? Do I have to call/fax YC? Our really main request is renovated for the new mattresses. If I call/fax are they fine with it? I don't want to annoy them. LOL

We arrive at YC next tuesday. When I put in my room requests with Disney I had a very nice, and very new agent. We have a split stay and to pay off the rooms, add requests and verify ME was correct took over 1 hour and 45 mins. I think she messed up our YC requests. I wanted 1. renovated room 2. epcot fireworks view 3. king. She put down 1. renovated king 2. epcot fireworks. I tried to nicely correct her but she insisted that it was all good.

Is it too late to modify with Disney? Do I have to call/fax YC? Our really main request is renovated for the new mattresses. If I call/fax are they fine with it? I don't want to annoy them. LOL

Call the Main Reservations line and have the CM correct your requests. There is no way to call the YC and if you sent a fax in those requests would be different than the ones you made over the phone and the room assigners will have no way to know which ones you really want.

We stayed at BC for our first time this past March. While I normally just lurk over on this board I wanted to pass along my thanks to all of you who post much more frequently than I do! The tips and information I received here were beyond valuable and really helped to make our trip successful.

And now, to do a bit of my own sharing in case it helps someone else as they do their planning :) I was traveling with my DH, DS16, and DD14. We had previously stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and LOVED it but wanted to try something new, while still remaining in the Epcot area, especially since we would be attending our first Flower and Garden festival. The only thing I think I preferred about the Boardwalk Inn over BC is the theming. There's something about that turn of the century boardwalk stuff that captures my imagination. But in almost every other aspect, BC won out for us and everyone in my family said they'd go back to BC in a heartbeat. The Stormalong Bay area was awesome! It was also very uncrowded when we were there, which was great for multiple trips down the slide with no waiting. (We were there mid-March and the weather was on the cool side which may have chased some people away but we're Canadian and the temperature felt fine to us!) We like to rent a car when we're at Disney and we appreciated how much closer the parking area is to the resort. When we stayed at the Boardwalk we had to walk a LONG way to get from the car back to our hotel room -- not fun after full days at the parks. We also loved having the Marketplace and beverage refill station inside the resort. At the BWI you have to walk all the way down to the Boardwalk to refill cups and find quick service food options.

We did end up with an interesting room situation. Our only request was a daybed. We don't tend to be in our room long enough to require a balcony and, with my teenage kids being opposite genders, the daybed makes sleeping arrangements much easier for everyone! We ended up in Room 2600, which looked out onto[GALLERY=]DSC04171.JPG DSC04174.JPG DSC04175.JPG DSC04171.JPG DSC04174.JPG DSC04176.JPG [/GALLERY] the BCV building, on the side of BC closest to Epcot. The room had a juliet balcony (so, really no balcony at all), which was fine with us and it also had the coveted daybed, which we were very happy about. We absolutely loved the room location. We were just a few doors away from the stairwell so it was a quick walk one floor down to exit either to the walkway towards Epcot or to the Marketplace. On top of the convenience, it also seemed very quiet in that area of the resort. We hardly ever heard or saw any other guests the whole week that we were there.

The one surprise we had with this room was the bathroom. It looked as if this room was once meant to be a wheelchair accessible room. So instead of having the shower and toilet behind a door and a double sink on the other side of that door, everything was in one really huge room. It was nice to have so much space in which to get dressed but, with two adults and two teenagers, getting ready in the morning was a lot slower. The bathroom also had only a single sink, not a double, which also prevented us from streamlining our mornings more efficiently. We were able to make it work by having two of us shower at night and two of us shower in the morning but there were a couple of times when someone did need to find the resort's public restrooms due to our room's bathroom being occupied by another family member.

The bathroom situation was more of a nuisance than a real problem and it certainly wasn't enough to prevent us from staying at the BC again (I'd book it tomorrow if I had the money on hand!) but it was definitely a room configuration we were not aware of so I thought I'd pass the info along in case it comes as a surprise to anyone else too. I'll try to attach some pictures as a reference.

And thanks again for this great resource! My trip may be over but I'm still lurking almost daily to revisit the amazing YC/BC resort area!

Hello, is there a fence around the Stormalong Bay area? Is it locked and need a band to access? Will we need to wear our magic bands to get in?

We'll follow the pool rules, of course, just curious though how the pool area security is and necessity of bands. No issues with the bands working after being in the water, right? I cannot remember at all what we did as far as bands and the pool go when we were at WL a couple years ago.

Our only request was a daybed. We don't tend to be in our room long enough to require a balcony and, with my teenage kids being opposite genders, the daybed makes sleeping arrangements much easier for everyone! We ended up in Room 2600, which looked out onto

Hi, I was curious if the daybed request is done online in MDE? Was your room a Standard View room? We are going in a month! Can't wait to see it. Thanks for the information about the refillable drink station difference in Boardwalk and BC. The Boardwalk is on my list of places I'd like to stay and nice to know something about it!

Hello, is there a fence around the Stormalong Bay area? Is it locked and need a band to access? Will we need to wear our magic bands to get in?

We'll follow the pool rules, of course, just curious though how the pool area security is and necessity of bands. No issues with the bands working after being in the water, right? I cannot remember at all what we did as far as bands and the pool go when we were at WL a couple years ago.
Yes to fence, yes to checking, no to problems with the bands in the water. Enjoy!!!!

We stayed at BC for our first time this past March. While I normally just lurk over on this board I wanted to pass along my thanks to all of you who post much more frequently than I do! The tips and information I received here were beyond valuable and really helped to make our trip successful.

We did end up with an interesting room situation. Our only request was a daybed. We don't tend to be in our room long enough to require a balcony and, with my teenage kids being opposite genders, the daybed makes sleeping arrangements much easier for everyone! We ended up in Room 2600, which looked out onto[GALLERY=]View attachment 235355 View attachment 235356 View attachment 235357 View attachment 235355 View attachment 235356 View attachment 235358 [/GALLERY] the BCV building, on the side of BC closest to Epcot. The room had a juliet balcony (so, really no balcony at all), which was fine with us and it also had the coveted daybed, which we were very happy about. We absolutely loved the room location. We were just a few doors away from the stairwell so it was a quick walk one floor down to exit either to the walkway towards Epcot or to the Marketplace. On top of the convenience, it also seemed very quiet in that area of the resort. We hardly ever heard or saw any other guests the whole week that we were there.

The one surprise we had with this room was the bathroom. It looked as if this room was once meant to be a wheelchair accessible room. So instead of having the shower and toilet behind a door and a double sink on the other side of that door, everything was in one really huge room. It was nice to have so much space in which to get dressed but, with two adults and two teenagers, getting ready in the morning was a lot slower. The bathroom also had only a single sink, not a double, which also prevented us from streamlining our mornings more efficiently. We were able to make it work by having two of us shower at night and two of us shower in the morning but there were a couple of times when someone did need to find the resort's public restrooms due to our room's bathroom being occupied by another family member.

The bathroom situation was more of a nuisance than a real problem and it certainly wasn't enough to prevent us from staying at the BC again (I'd book it tomorrow if I had the money on hand!) but it was definitely a room configuration we were not aware of so I thought I'd pass the info along in case it comes as a surprise to anyone else too. I'll try to attach some pictures as a reference.

!
This was definitely an accessible room, judging from your photos and the fixture heights. Some accessible rooms have roll-in showers, while others just have the tubs with grab bars. The single sink vanity is set to allow enough room for a wheelchair to pull up.

Last edited:

Yes there is a gate and they check the bands of everyone coming in. You will be given a wrist band to wear so you do not have to continue to wear your magic band if you don't want to. If you are not wrist banded upon entering the pool area they always wrist band on the slide.

Yes, there is a fence around it and you need your magicbands to access. They then give you an additional wristband so that if you want to take your magicband off you can. The reason being is that although the magicbands are waterproof, they do sink if it falls off your wrist while in the pool. We kept ours on and never had an issue. Also, FYI if you have young children, as long as I had my magicband on they did not require my kids (ages7 and 5) to have theirs on to get in to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter