Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
@Best Aunt - can you still exit via a first floor BCV room patio on the quiet pool side now that the new fence is finished? I can't tell 100% from the pics, but it kind of looks like the patios have been fenced off.
You can no longer access the Dunes Cove pool from the patios on the first floor of the BCVs that are facing the pool. You'll need to go to the main BCV lobby or alternate elevator lobby to gain access to the pool.

EasternShoreGal

Mouseketeer
Spoke with one of the rec managers yesterday. He said that the pool showers are supposed to be finished by the end of April but it may also slide a little bit. Expect them for sure by the time folks are taking summer trips. Although with the arcade noise I couldn't hear construction, he said they are working on it every day.

Also, they just changed the pool menu yesterday. I snapped pictures of the whole menu. New to the menu are a buffalo chicken wrap and a turkey Cobb salad (which replaces the chef salad). Going to try that buffalo wrap today I think.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This must be a recent change, as I have been able to order carry-out there from the bartender in the evening, during two separate trips, not all that long ago. It was packed up in a very nice black cardboard box and came complete with plastic utensils and napkins. I ordered from the menu on a table and waited about 20 minutes for the bartender to bring it out from the back.

Well it seems you always get different info from different cast members and I am wondering if it is because the ladies I talked to maybe only worked mornings and weren't aware. Going to ask again today but wait to do it until after noon and see what happens.

For those of you regulars at the Y&B, we met up with Sheryl, one of the long time pool gate people for a light bite after her shift last evening. It was so nice to talk to her in a non-work capacity. We then popped over to Epcot to stroll around World Showcase and see the offerings for Flower and Garden. It was a really nice evening.

One more day here at the world. Planning a relaxing pool day (supposed to be sunny and in the mid-90s today). From what I understand it is near record temps for this time of year. The sun is hot but the humidity is relatively low so it is not as miserable as it is mid summer when the temps are that high.

DH and I are planning to meet up with a chef from Jiko for happy hour this evening who is from South Africa and here on one of the country programs. I met him when I was here last fall with my girlfriends and we have kept in touch. Really looking forward to that.

As mentioned before we are staying at the villas. We had sent in a concern to Disney about the overgrown grasses by the grill area and how concerned we were that things could be hidden in those grasses. Well, it has all been cut back and replanted. Was happy to see that! Will post pictures from our balcony once we depart.

Edit: sorry I wrote this earlier today and never posted it. Back for a quick swim before packing it in. Never did get back over to Yacht Club

• mmmears

DIS Veteran
    Do they sell repellant in the hotel stores? Asking in case there is none in our room (really don't want to travel with it).

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Is Disney still providing mosquito repellant spray in resort rooms and in the theme parks?
    We had a can in our room at Wilderness Lodge and I saw repellent in one of the parks.

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Standard View Room but are wondering if we should switch to the Beach Club Villa Studio. We are 2 adults and 3 kids, who will be 12, 10, and 9 on the trip. We definitely want a balcony, and saw that most Yacht Club rooms have one and all BC Villa Studios. We like the serene look of the Beach Club better, but are concerned that the Villa Studio will be too cramped for the 5 of us as compared to the Yacht Club Standard. Thoughts? Thank you! This will be our first stay at either of these!
    I would not switch to the studio. The room is narrower than a resort room and once the sofa bed is down, you can hardly move in the room. I would stick with the YC room. You will have a full balcony, two queen beds and a daybed and more floor space than in the studio. :)

Do they sell repellant in the hotel stores? Asking in case there is none in our room (really don't want to travel with it).
    If you don't have repellent in your room than you should call housekeeping and ask for a can.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thanks for the feedback on the mosquito repellant. Once again, the only consistency is inconsistency. I was wondering if I should remove the post I have on Page 1, but I'll leave it up there because I believe the intent is for the spray to be provided in Disney resort rooms. I'm guessing that if guests take the spray (which is perfectly acceptable), the housekeeper may not notice so doesn't replace it.

As Wood Nymph indicates above, if there is not a can provided in your room when you check in, contact housekeeping to request one.

I am almost positive that it is for sale in the gift shops, but I haven't confirmed by going back to my pictures.

::yes::

• Branflakes

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone tried the spireside candles? Just saw their website and they have disney smelling candles and more specifically a beach club candle!
    Another candle company walter and rosie candles company has a beach club candle too.

Has anyone tried either of these candles?
    I have! I bought them when they were called Anthology candles.
    The beach club candle is 100% like walking into the lobby. I bought 6. I also bought the Soarin and the black pearl. ALL are exactly like you're in the very place at WDW where those scents are present. They burn beautifully. Clean, and even all the way to the bottom of the jar.

There are other candle makers that do Disney scents, but this company is the only one I've found that has it right. They are hand poured, and they have done in depth research, clearly. And they will fragrance your home. It's not just the candle smells good, but when it's burning you have to be in top of it to smell it.

• Willabea

Earning My Ears
    Wish I didn't need to ask this question :guilty:, but hoping for some advice on designated smoking areas for my mom. She's really cut down, but still needs a couple cigarettes a day. I'd like to make this trip as comfortable for her as possible in an environment that has become (rightly so) less and less convenient for smokers. I've checked out the smoker's forum and the spots on the map, so I have that info. Just wondering if anyone has BC specific recommendations for the best smoking areas at the resort - extra points for shade/benches. Also, anyone have experience making a room request for something near a smoking area? I imagine they get requests for the opposite pretty regularly... Thanks in advance! :thanks:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Wish I didn't need to ask this question :guilty:, but hoping for some advice on designated smoking areas for my mom. She's really cut down, but still needs a couple cigarettes a day. I'd like to make this trip as comfortable for her as possible in an environment that has become (rightly so) less and less convenient for smokers. I've checked out the smoker's forum and the spots on the map, so I have that info. Just wondering if anyone has BC specific recommendations for the best smoking areas at the resort - extra points for shade/benches. Also, anyone have experience making a room request for something near a smoking area? I imagine they get requests for the opposite pretty regularly... Thanks in advance! :thanks:
    I don't pay much attention to the smoking areas, and I'm not sure where the BC smoking areas are. I noticed that there is a smoking area that is covered and has seating just outside the Yacht Club lobby towards the left on the way to the pool. You would be looking out at the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard while sitting there.

Perhaps others have additional suggestions.

Last edited:

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Wish I didn't need to ask this question :guilty:, but hoping for some advice on designated smoking areas for my mom. She's really cut down, but still needs a couple cigarettes a day. I'd like to make this trip as comfortable for her as possible in an environment that has become (rightly so) less and less convenient for smokers. I've checked out the smoker's forum and the spots on the map, so I have that info. Just wondering if anyone has BC specific recommendations for the best smoking areas at the resort - extra points for shade/benches. Also, anyone have experience making a room request for something near a smoking area? I imagine they get requests for the opposite pretty regularly... Thanks in advance!

After exiting the BC from the lake side and walking down the path toward the lake, make a left turn, as if you were walking toward EPCOT. The smoking area will be on your left, shortly after you make the turn. There is at least one bench at the edge of the walkway, with a cigarette receptacle nearby.

Last edited:

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
    I don't pay much attention to the smoking areas, and I'm not sure where the BC smoking areas area. I noticed that there is a smoking area that is covered and has seating just outside the Yacht Club lobby towards the left on the way to the pool. You would be looking out at the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard. while sitting there.

Perhaps others have additional suggestions.

Yeah, I've sat there before to have a drink and relax and had to move because there were people smoking.

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
    I have never had a sunken treasure and am looking forward to trying it in June, I was under the impression it was added to the menu...was it taken off?

DrGirly

Earning My Ears
    Oh it feel so good to be back posting on this thread! Hi everyone! Haven't been 'home' to the world since my mother-daughter January 2016 long weekend getaway trip and there are so many new things to catch up on!

I'm going with my mother and my brother to BC June 8-16 to celebrate my brother's college graduation and give him a last fun 'hurrah' before he starts graduate school. This is going to be his first time ever at Disney and I'm SO EXCITED to share everything with him! Particularly floating along at SAB and walking to Les Halles for prepark chocolate chip brioche for breakfast. I live in NYC and I've tried so many bakeries, but nothing comes close to the brioche at Les Halles for me!

I'm also so glad to be back at BC. It's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon and first anniversary in Oct 2013 & 2014, and my mother and I went for my grad school graduation in May 2015. Since then, we've dipped around at POFQ and AKL, but nothing is like BC/YC. On our winter weekend trip last year, I got the Minnie Mouse YC zip up hoodie, and I've been waiting to wear it on this vacation! (I love my WDW zip up hoodies, wearing my GF one now!) I'm also personally excited that Captain's Grille is moving to Ariel's in the summer, I've always wanted to see more of Ariel's than just the front gate.

The rest of my friends and family don't quite get the same excitement out of getting the FPs ready, and the dance of the ADRs, and thinking about the trip moment by moment. I know you guys would understand though, and I'm so grateful that I have a place to share my joy about my upcoming vacation! BC holds some of my absolute best memories, and I'm really hoping that I can create some great new ones with my brother, too!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 841

Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I decided to go back to the villa. Earlier in the day, the studio was not available for the Summer package. But after dinner, it appeared, so I called. I switched back to the studio and I not only got the Summer rate, but they kept my 4 Day Magic ticket on there and it was even less than the Summer promo. Overall, it was $1,000 less to move back to the studio vs the Club Level Deluxe room. The Garden view was only like $100 less than the Deluxe room. So overall, it all worked out! Thanks again for your responses!

Lisa
    Great!

Now I know where.

When?

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

When my daughter stayed in a regular (non CL) room at BC last October during the hurricane, she was able to borrow a dvd player and movies at no charge.
    Thanks!

:goodvibes

I have the Beach Club Spireside. They don't have the strongest smell when burning but definitely smell of the Beach Club :) I have burned one and have one living in a drawer - saving it! However, I have also found that Yankee Candle "Beach Walk" reminds me of the Beach Club (your opinion may differ!). Don't know where you're based but in the UK Carex antibacterial Aloe Vera liquid soap also smells reminiscent of the BC.
    Thank you.

I added your review to the Scent Post I have on Page 1, Post 14

I have had both Keurig and Cuisinart machines in RPC rooms.

Does anyone know if the king YC CL are bookable or by request? I have a LV CL room booked for May. Any LV king rooms? The view isn't important to me though, I only booked it because that was all that was available with an AP discount.
    King bed rooms are not a bookable category at the Yacht or Beach Club. You should add a request for a room with a king bed to your resort reservation.

I used to know the number of king vs. queen rooms in the YC CL rooms, but I don't know if that has changed since the renovation. I'll continue to try to document the room descriptions in the YC View Thread as guests report the info.

:magnify:

If we get a YC room in August that has not been renovated, do you thin we could request a Keurig coffee maker for our room? I would love to bring down some good coffee pods.
    I think the refurb will be well underway by then, so you may end up with a newly renovated room that has a Keurig. If not, you could certainly request one but I don't know if housekeeping will have a stash to loan out on request or not.

:coffee:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS