Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

eastendlights

DIS Veteran
BC still has the pod type makers though, right? I ordered a not so small fortune of those pods with Hawaiian coffee for our trips this year. I actually prefer the pods to the K Cups, I think the coffee tastes better/stronger.

Maxie86

DIS Veteran
OMG I had no idea! That's great! Even on 4 day Disneyland trips we have so many purchase slips I feel like I'm dealing cards as I go through our purchase slips with Bell Services! (CLs in Disneyland don't deliver to rooms- WDW CLs seem to have a lot more going for them the more I learn!)
Even better if you shop with the Shop Disney Parks app they will deliver them to your home. You don't even have to stand in the long checkout lines. Just scan what you want to buy and put the item back then check out from your phone, free shipping over $75. If you have an AP your discount is automatically added. It only works in Disney owned stores though. I've never tried it in the countries in Epcot so don't know if it works there.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I popped over to the Beach Club and Yacht Club on March 23, 2017. I took pictures of the restaurant signboards, but they came out horrible. I emailed them to Dee so she can look at them to compare to what she has, but they aren't really good enough to post.

I took some other pictures which I am going to try to post, but Photobucket is acting really weird (pictures appearing and disappearing) so we'll see how it goes. Dee, if you like any of them, feel free to use them.

People sometimes ask about buying milk in the Beach Club Marketplace, so I took this photo:

• Best Aunt

If you take the boat from Disney's Hollywood Studios, and you get off the boat at the Yacht Club, you will see how Disney put rocks and fencing to keep people away from water, in case of alligators:

Compare this to the Swan and Dolphin. If you walk from the Boardwalk to the Swan, you will see that there are no rocks and fencing to keep people away from the water. In fact, the Swan and Dolphin want people to stand with their back to the water and stick their head in this frame to take a photo to post on social media, because it has their hashtag on it:

• Scott MC

DIS Veteran
    Two things...

1. I've got to say, the new YC rooms are REALLY growing on me! The first pics to emerge, I believe in Dec or Jan didn't do them justice. I still like the decor of BC rooms better overall, BUT, I'd be very happy to stay in one of these new YC rooms. I guess the whole no-rug thing will be a "see how it goes" experience. If I thought more of the resort would be done by our stay in Aug, I might even consider switching, as we've stayed at BC (happily!) the past 3 years.

2. This is a bit :offtopic:, but if I'm being honest, when I leave this thread, I get a bit nervous leaving this thread, as there are some MEAN people on these boards!
    I have a quick transportation question for our upcoming WL stay. We arrive at MCO at about 9:05 P.M. and would LOVE to make it to the Club Lounge at WL by 10 for "Wishes" if humanly possible. We know this takes Magical Express out of the picture, and we're O.K. with that. We'll have no checked luggage, and if the plane arrives on time, we figure we could be out on the street by 9:10 if all goes well. Any thoughts on quickest way to get to WL and the prices attached? Taxi vs. Uber? Uber vs. Lyft? Should we consider renting a car? Any ideas/experiences appreciated!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We arrive at MCO at about 9:05 P.M. and would LOVE to make it to the Club Lounge at WL by 10 for "Wishes" if humanly possible.
    I don't think it is humanly possible. It is usually a 35 minute drive, at least, from the airport to WDW. Add the time it takes for the plane to taxi to the terminal after landing, docking and unloading, getting on the airport monorail, walking to the exit, and finding your transportation, and I think you are outside of the 55 minute time period. Once you arrive at the WL you will have to be greeted by a CM who will take you up to the club floor. I think we have arrived as early as an hour and a half after landing via Magical Express, but that was because the plane landed early, we had seats in row 6, and the ME took off right after we got on it. :)

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Two things...

2. This is a bit :offtopic:, but if I'm being honest, when I leave this thread, I get a bit nervous leaving this thread, as there are some MEAN people on these boards!
    I have a quick transportation question for our upcoming WL stay. We arrive at MCO at about 9:05 P.M. and would LOVE to make it to the Club Lounge at WL by 10 for "Wishes" if humanly possible. We know this takes Magical Express out of the picture, and we're O.K. with that. We'll have no checked luggage, and if the plane arrives on time, we figure we could be out on the street by 9:10 if all goes well. Any thoughts on quickest way to get to WL and the prices attached? Taxi vs. Uber? Uber vs. Lyft? Should we consider renting a car? Any ideas/experiences appreciated!

I don't think it is humanly possible. It is usually a 35 minute drive, at least, from the airport to WDW. Add the time it takes for the plane to taxi to the terminal after landing, docking and unloading, getting on the airport monorail, walking to the exit, and finding your transportation, and I think you are outside of the 55 minute time period. Once you arrive at the WL you will have to be greeted by a CM who will take you up to the club floor. I think we have arrived as early as an hour and a half after landing via Magical Express, but that was because the plane landed early, we had seats in row 6, and the ME took off right after we got on it. :)
    Unlikely, as Sue says, so I wouldn't count on it, but...

It is possible your flight could get in early. I don't know exactly how it happened, but on my January 2016 trip to visit Teena, my SW flight from Manchester NH (is that where you will be flying from?) landed about an hour earlier than expected. I literally have no idea how that could even happen and fortunately Teena was monitoring the flight and was there to pick me up in time.

I think the quickest method to get from MCO to WL would be by taxi or hired transportation with a private driver waiting for you. I may be wrong but I don't think Uber can pick up at the airport (unless that has changed). I would think there would be some time lost in picking up a rental car.

Could you still reserve a spot on ME and then make a game time decision depending on what time you actually land? Is there an issue if you don't get on the ME when you said you would? I don't think so.

I would say if you are actually in the airport building by 9 pm, you may be able to make it by cab or other method that will take you directly from the airport to WL. But that will rely on the flight arriving significantly earlier than scheduled.

Good luck!

:car:

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    According to Google Maps, the drive time runs between 30 - 39 minutes, depending on route. There should not be many people in the terminal at that hour, so you can probably move quickly. However, I agree with the fact that it will take time to taxi to the gate and deplane, as well as get to landside from airside. So, I would add 10-15 minutes, minimum, for that. The other concern, besides the time it takes to actually get to your surface transportation, is the fact that flights later in the day have a greater chance of running behind schedule, especially if there has been bad weather, pushing back arrivals/departures. You can usually check the flight's on-time performance on the airline's website, for a general idea. I hope that you are able to swing this, especially with the remaining days of "Wishes" winding down.

Uber info:
    https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

From Google Maps:

30 min

24.1 miles

via FL-528 W/FL-528 Toll W

Fastest route, the usual traffic

• This route has tolls.

32 min

24.4 miles

via FL-417 Toll S

39 min

28.0 miles

via W Osceola Pkwy

Last edited:

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    I may be wrong but I don't think Uber can pick up at the airport (unless that has changed).
    I think this is still correct too. I think with Uber you have to "drop a pin" outwith the airport and then when you are assigned your driver you have to call them and tell them that you need an arrivals pick up - so they can circumvent the system. Definitely not something you want to be doing if you are pushed for time. Good luck!

Best Aunt

I believe there is an expensive version of Uber which can pick up at the Orlando airport, but I don't know if it would save you money over taking a cab. There is a big Uber thread on the transportation board, and people are pretty nice in that thread.

ladyelizabeth

Mouseketeer
    Hey friends! Anybody know what the status is of the renovations? The latest I heard was that they are working on the 4th floor. Just wondering!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS