Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
I put together the description and the room pictures from pas130 into a post on the Yacht Club Room View Page. Thought I would share it here. I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing the coffee table before in the king bed room photos posted by another recent guest.

Room 5174, Renovated
Club Level Standard View
King Bed

pas130, March 2017

"I just returned home from a weekend away with hubby, and wanted to share some quick thoughts (before I forget). We stayed 3/23-26 at YC SV CL, and we were extremely pleased with our room! We were assigned room 5174, King bed with a sofa. And the room seemed so large without having 2 Queens. I loved the décor so much more than I thought I would. DH enjoyed the view of the bus stop (he's so funny). No construction noise with the exception of down in the gift shop.

Room:
3 doors from the lounge YAY (but this was also noisy too, as a mom to 5 kiddos it is nothing I can't sleep through)
The addition of sliding doors for the bathroom and toilet area was great, no more banging your knees trying to get in and out of the bathroom
The lighted closets are a nice touch
Robes AND slippers :)
Turndown included a large bottle of Dasani water and chocolates (the water may have been there when we checked in..but I do know we received a new one nightly
The room was not the cleanest when we got there; closets and tables a little dusty, and wet pillowcases were on the floor in the sink area (I think they were pillowcases).
Toiletries were the large Sea Marine ones, with solar gel, mouthwash and q-tips

Early Morning View:

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Groups with 5 guests (all over age 3) have priority for rooms with a daybed. That is, if there is only one available room with a daybed, a family of 5 should get that instead of a family of 4 who has listed a daybed as a request. There are infrequent occasions when there are more parties of 5 booked than there are rooms with daybeds available. In that case, the group would have to be given a room which has sleeping arrangements for everyone. That may require a room with a rollaway cot- which from past reports is a fairly comfortable option for sleeping, but makes the room crowded.

::yes::
Are the rooms without a daybed smaller than the rooms with a daybed? Or are they the same size?

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    This is what I have on the Club Level info page. Looks like it needs some updating. Can anyone confirm. I'll put my comments in blue next to the amenity.

Amenities available at All Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests:

Nightly Turndown Service- yes
    High Speed Internet Access (access fees apply)- n/a, all resort guests get this?
    Bathroom Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, bath & facial soap)- toiletries may vary from these selections
    Complimentary Fax Assistance- ???
    Complimentary Health Club Access- n/a, all resort guests get this?
    2 Adult-Size Spa Bathrobes (in-room use, additional robes can be requested)- yes
    Club Level Check-In from 7am - 10pm yes
    Club Level Assistance from 7am - 10pm (tickets, dining, recreation, special events) yes
    Advanced Itinerary Planning- offered through Disney Signature Service
    Refreshments throughout the day in Concierge Lounges- yes
    Secured Key Access to Club Level Floors- Magic Band/Key card
    USA Today Newspaper- ??? upon request??? or no?
    Coffee Maker with Coffee & Tea Assortment- yes
    Iron and Board- ??? Still in rooms? ETA: yes, saw this in someone's pictures
    Safe- all guests
    Hair Dryer- all guests
    Refrigerator - all guests
    Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk- Still true??? or no???
    VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) ^^^
    CD/Clock Radios in Suites- GRRRRR!!!!!!
    Discovery Wildlife Excursion- they don't do that anymore, right?

Purchases made at Disney stores are delivered directly to your room instead of to the resort gift shop

Help!

:thanks:

Last edited:

pas130

Always missing Florida....
    I put together the description and the room pictures from pas130 into a post on the Yacht Club Room View Page. Thought I would share it here. I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing the coffee table before in the king bed room photos posted by another recent guest.

Room 5174, Renovated
    Club Level Standard View
    King Bed

pas130, March 2017
    Thanks for inserting my pics Dee, you are the hostest with the mostest :hug: I should've looked to see if it was a pullout couch/daybed (smacks head). It really is such a nice room!!

• hippiechicken

DIS Veteran
    Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk- Still true??? or no???
    VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) ^^^
    When my daughter stayed in a regular (non CL) room at BC last October during the hurricane, she was able to borrow a dvd player and movies at no charge.

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    Has anyone tried the spireside candles? Just saw their website and they have disney smelling candles and more specifically a beach club candle!
    Another candle company walter and rosie candles company has a beach club candle too.

Has anyone tried either of these candles?
    I have the Beach Club Spireside. They don't have the strongest smell when burning but definitely smell of the Beach Club :) I have burned one and have one living in a drawer - saving it! However, I have also found that Yankee Candle "Beach Walk" reminds me of the Beach Club (your opinion may differ!). Don't know where you're based but in the UK Carex antibacterial Aloe Vera liquid soap also smells reminiscent of the BC.

Last edited:

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    Just hit our 180 day mark this morning for our YC trip this Sep/Oct! Much stressful hitting of the refresh button but got most of what we wanted including lunch at BoG on my Mum's birthday - was surprised to get this even at 180 as I've been religiously checking as soon as 180 days arrives on every date and nothing and this is for the day after our check in but yay :banana:. Was tipped off by a post on here that Cape May breakfasts have become increasingly difficult to nab so got that booked too. And an 8am Tusker House pre-park opening! Can't believe it!! So excited, trying not to wish away half the year but when you have a Disney trip planned it's hard! Just ordered our custom mouse ears from Etsy too!

Last edited:
  • natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thanks for inserting my pics Dee, you are the hostest with the mostest :hug: I should've looked to see if it was a pullout couch/daybed (smacks head). It really is such a nice room!!
    I appreciate you sharing your trip with me! And once again, please pass along thanks to your hubby for playing along with the minion challenge!

Did you get any daytime view shots? It looks like your room has a very similar view to what you can see from the YC club lounge outside balcony.

:goodvibes

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    OK, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! RIGHT. NOW!!!

:surfweb:

How did I miss that the renovated Yacht Club rooms (at least the ones on club level) have Keurig coffee makers???

I have just been going through recent posts here and on the Club Level thread (which I don't have time to follow real time) so I can update the first post and the Yacht Club Post 9, and Club Level Post 12 with all of the new info: Thanks @pas130 @Ewoks @ohMom

As I was reviewing ohMom's photos, I saw she posted a picture of the coffee maker. :love:

I'll be interested in hearing if all of the renovated rooms at the Yacht Club will be getting Keurigs.

I'm not a huge fan of the Keurig single brew machines- I prefer my coffee in bulk, so filter brew machines are better for me, at home or on vacation. I prefer the Keurig to the Cuisinart pod contraption, though. It is much easier to bring extra k-cups from home than the harder to find Cuisinart pods for those coffee obsessed guests who may be concerned with running out of coffee and don't want to rely on mousekeeping to leave sufficient refills.

:coffee:

pas130

I appreciate you sharing your trip with me! And once again, please pass along thanks to your hubby for playing along with the minion challenge!

Did you get any daytime view shots? It looks like your room has a very similar view to what you can see from the YC club lounge outside balcony.

:goodvibes
    I don't think I did, but it is the same view. We were closer to the roof of the Porte de cochere (not sure if I'm spelling that right). DH is happy to be a minion (especially since it's a Universal term ;) ). Your minion was like a little one on the balcony checking out the bus stop and all the buses coming and going :earboy2:

pas130

OK, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! RIGHT. NOW!!!

:surfweb:

How did I miss that the renovated Yacht Club rooms (at least the ones on club level) have Keurig coffee makers???

I have just been going through recent posts here and on the Club Level thread (which I don't have time to follow real time) so I can update the first post and the Yacht Club Post 9, and Club Level Post 12 with all of the new info: Thanks @pas130 @Ewoks @ohMom

As I was reviewing ohMom's photos, I saw she posted a picture of the coffee maker. :love:

I'll be interested in hearing if all of the renovated rooms at the Yacht Club will be getting Keurigs.

I'm not a huge fan of the Keurig single brew machines- I prefer my coffee in bulk, so filter brew machines are better for me, at home or on vacation. I prefer the Keurig to the Cuisinart pod contraption, though. It is much easier to bring extra k-cups from home than the harder to find Cuisinart pods for those coffee obsessed guests who may be concerned with running out of coffee and don't want to rely on mousekeeping to leave sufficient refills.

:coffee:
    I think the Grand Floridian rooms also converted to Keurigs, I'm not sure if it's all of them of just CL buildings. Maybe it'll be Disney-wide

Maxie86

DIS Veteran
    I think the Grand Floridian rooms also converted to Keurigs, I'm not sure if it's all of them of just CL buildings. Maybe it'll be Disney-wide
    I have had both Keurig and Cuisinart machines in RPC rooms.

Does anyone know if the king YC CL are bookable or by request? I have a LV CL room booked for May. Any LV king rooms? The view isn't important to me though, I only booked it because that was all that was available with an AP discount.

ginny65

DIS Veteran
    If we get a YC room in August that has not been renovated, do you thin we could request a Keurig coffee maker for our room? I would love to bring down some good coffee pods.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    ...Purchases made at Disney stores are delivered directly to your room instead of to the resort gift shop...
    OMG I had no idea! That's great! Even on 4 day Disneyland trips we have so many purchase slips I feel like I'm dealing cards as I go through our purchase slips with Bell Services! (CLs in Disneyland don't deliver to rooms- WDW CLs seem to have a lot more going for them the more I learn!)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS