Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

page 767-769

:welcome: back!

Do you have a trip booked? When?

As others have noted the buses are mainly just shared with YC/BC, rarely with the other EPCOT resorts.

:cool2:

No trip booked yet but if something gets booked it'll be for July. Typically stay at the Wilderness Lodge but due to the continued heavy work going on there I have been avoiding it. However I do love Yacht and Beach as well as the whole Epcot resorts area, I think its an amazing and beautiful location. Right now leaning more towards Beach Club since Yacht Club has room renovations going on and I don't know if those renovations will be done by July. Regardless of the resort I am definitely doing club level.

Quick question about charging to magic band - does Disney put a hold on your card?

No. Based on which type of resort you stay at; value, moderate, or deluxe you will be issued a cap for charging if you attach a credit card to your room ressie. I believe it's $500, $1,000, and $1,500 respectively. If you exceed that amount during your stay, then your card will be charged for whatever the cap was and the cycle will start again.

Hello All!!

All packed and ready to go for tomorrow, of course there's a Noreaster coming through but hopefully we get out on time and safe since we're leaving so early. I also go to switch from the BC to YC so we're thrilled, I really don't know much about either but the YC just appealed to us more, especially that we're traveling without the kids.

I just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful and friendly, you guys are great!!:goodvibes

Hello All!!

All packed and ready to go for tomorrow, of course there's a Noreaster coming through but hopefully we get out on time and safe since we're leaving so early. I also go to switch from the BC to YC so we're thrilled, I really don't know much about either but the YC just appealed to us more, especially that we're traveling without the kids.

I just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful and friendly, you guys are great!!:goodvibes

Wishing you safe travels. Have a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes

Hello All!!

HI Wishes Queen :wave: safe travels hope you get out before the storm. Enjoy the YC we love it there. We are doing a YC-GF split in May.

Am I right in reading there is no cafeteria for the Beach Club? What are QS options in that area? We are staying CL so I'm not too concerned...just wondering what to expect.

Checked in to the Villas today! Loving the decor, service, and location of the resort. However, it seems the cast member assigning rooms looked at my requests and decided it was Opposite Day. I requested upper floor and near lobby. Our room is on the ground floor and at the very end of the hall. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. At least we are closer to Epcot! Still going to have a magical trip!

Am I right in reading there is no cafeteria for the Beach Club?

Yes, you are right.

What are QS options in that area? We are staying CL so I'm not too concerned...just wondering what to expect.

Check out the Dining Post, Post #7 of this awesome thread. Besides what is listed there you can always pop into Epcot for loads of options.

Someone asked about coping in the hot Floridian summers because they were from a colder climate-think the name was Sinope? Sorry I lost the quote and cant find it now but I will add to Dee's list of handy hints for staying cool and in tip top shape and say "drink and then when you think you've drunk enough, drink some more". I mean water by the way though an odd Sunken Treasure or Grey Goose Slushie make somehow land in you hand too from time to time and is to be enjoyed also :rotfl2:
I'm from Ireland as I'm sure you can tell from my avatar and while we may have a season called summer here, it can be as long as 2 whole hours on a Wednesday in May (ehem 2016 I'm thinking of you:sad2:) or it may last 2 whole months:worship:but it never reaches anything like the temperatures and humidity we experience in WDW and we cope just fine by using air-conditioned shops to walk through, restaurants to ease tired toes and cool rosy faces and we welcome our chance to dip in the pools or for younger members running through fountains whenever opportunity knocks. The one thing that caught us out a little last summer was not drinking enough water one afternoon. Now I'm probably a wee bit obsessed about everyone staying hydrated, but even though I thought we were all taking plenty of fluids on board, I underestimated just how much I needed to drink and while no harm was done I did feel a little unwell for around an hour 1 evening while I downed several glasses of water to rehydrate. Then I was grand, but I was surprised at how easy it is to underestimate how much fluid you need when it's hot and humid. I can tell you that every QS location happily handed out iced water and that it was an unusually hot day as all the castmembers and security staff were reminding guests to drink water. I've been many, many times and this was the first time I've ever had a problem and like I say it was quickly, painlessly and easily solved but I think that's partly due to the fact that I'm hyper about the family drinking water (don't want anyone keeling over least of all me :crazy2:).
I'm sure you'll have a blast on your trip just remember to listen to your body and if in doubt take a wee break in a store, pool or restaurant when the notion takes :)

Could someone who has rented DVC points for Beach Club Villas please private message me? I'm planning a trip in the fall, and for the time we're planning to be there, it might be feasible to stay at BCV if we could rent DVC points, but I've never done that.

Any input would be welcome!

I'll go through the past couple of pages tomorrow morning.

I just posted a trip report chapter from my October trip featuring Stormalong Bay. It brightened up my dreary day to see the photos:

A Jewel by the Pool

:fish:

I am only about 2/3 of the way through the first full day of a 6 day trip, so it's not too late to join the party over there!

party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter