Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Feel better, Teena!
How far out do you know your schedule? We'll be checking in next Sunday and would love to say hi! :wave:

image.jpg Happy fourth to everyone. Even if you aren't American - have a wonderful Saturday!

We're at the beach for the weekend. It's not my favorite place - if I ever had the chance to buy a vacation home, it would be in mountains somewhere. We'll be able to see the fireworks from the boardwalk (Ocean City, NJ) and Atlantic City. Probably a lot of other boardwalks up and down the water.

Aria finally got to be a mermaid. She asked for pink sand, but there was only so much we could do for her.

Happy 4th!

Teena - Hope you feel better and enjoy the rest of your time with Lily and Jeanne!

Rebecca

Happy Independence Day Everyone!-getting caught up while kids and DH go to get fireworks.

First-feel better soon Teena-especially by time of beach vacation:) and Princess Lilly is gorgeous-watch out for those curls-my oldest DD has those curls-has her hair nearly to her waist and the curls are pulled into those long, ropy curls every '80's girls spent HOURS trying to achieve...
The other thing that is important to understand is that Disney charges for certain room views so if you request a water view and you have only booked a standard room then the chances of you having a water view are slim, since there are people who paid for that category and they will have priority for those rooms over someone who has booked a standard room.

Unless you are, apparently, the only person out of millions who did NOT request refurbed room in resort undergoing construction-but LOVED loved loved my full balcony overlooking quiet pool and glimpses of lagoon:)

NM: You once again had me laughing.....alone.....staring at my computer. My family is getting used to this. And I'm not sure that's a good thing!!!

At least I'm alone (at the moment) but the vodka lemonade burns snorted out the nose...there really needs to be a warning post a few above Ninja Mom's:rotfl:

Been trying to convince DH that a cruise is up next-although looking at 2017-less than a month and I have him past the eye rolling stage-progress right? Of course I want a Disney Cruise. Over New Years. (and I maybe, possible researching DVC Villas at BC for a precruise stay-but still too early to spring THAT on him right??)(and there is still rooms for this Christmas at BC with Free Dining...but I deny that I looked)

Been trying to convince DH that a cruise is up next-although looking at 2017-less than a month and I have him past the eye rolling stage-progress right? Of course I want a Disney Cruise. Over New Years. (and I maybe, possible researching DVC Villas at BC for a precruise stay-but still too early to spring THAT on him right??)(and there is still rooms for this Christmas at BC with Free Dining...but I deny that I looked)

Nothing like a Disney cruise ... if you ever have any questions about them, let me know!!!

This blog mentioned that the CL room are not included in discount offers, is still that true?
Ever since we were bitten by the CL bug, we have gotten a discount. This year we chose free dining at BC over the "magical deal@ at the Poly, but we have been able to access whatever the best deal being offered is. One year I had $500'gift card until the last minute and was able to switch to the 35% off. I say book what you want, and then keep se

Yep...we don't even go to the local fireworks....

BTW, for those of us who are not lucky enough to be there right now, Disney will be live streaming their fireworks tonight from MK on their Blog... here's the link for more info...
http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/07...rt-in-the-sky-from-magic-kingdom-on-july-4th/

Well, I'm very disappointed....I couldn't get into the website to see the live streaming feed...had my laptop all connected up to the big screen TV too! :sad2:

Luckily, I found a YouTube video from someone who was there the previous night. It was jigglie and lots of crowd noise, but better than nothing.

I bet it is pretty great in person!!
::yes::

Hi,

Anyone know what time buses start running to the parks from YC/BC in the morning?

Thanks!

Where are you headed? Have a great stay!
We changed to WL, then CR, now back to WL. Not sure due to construction at WL coming but, decided we're going to wait until we perhaps get a construction letter like we received for the BCV renovation.

That pool is the sole reason I will NEVER stay at the Boardwalk. Too creepy for words.

I never thought that I would stay at the Boardwalk but my magical agent made me an offer I couldn't refuse. In fact the offer was so nice we decided to spring for 2 weeks. We'll be running around Orlando and WDW while using the Boardwalk as a home base.

I probably will have to drink heavily to deal with Pennywise the Clown slide.

~NM

I must be a spoiled brat, sitting here listening to the local fireworks go off, I will agree that WDW is better, but I would never agree they were the best. The best fireworks displays that I have seen come from Boston and Halifax, Massachusetts. During the tricentennial there, the parade lasted, 4 hours, the firework show lasted an hour and it took six hours for the small town of Halifax ma, that is so small it does not have its own middle or high school to clear the cars out after the fireworks. A and I have to say nothing beats sitting in the boat in Boston Charles, listening to the Boston pops and watching the fireworks, right where the tea party started it all. Yes I must be spoiled, because I have seen many firework shows better then WDW, but they do it once a year and Disney does it nightly, so over all they do it great.

Tragical Depress and Resort Airline Checkin:

Can someone help with Magical Express times? Our departure flight is at 7:45pm, what bus will we need to be on? I think I've seen it here before more specific times than the 3 hrs. TY and happy *friday*!!

On your last day, you'll packet from Disney about Magical Express that includes your pickup time. Generally, the pickup time is 3 hours before your flight departure, so in your case, it will probably be around 4:30pm.

Also, if you're flying on a participating airline, you can use resort airline check-in. It's wonderful! On our last trip, we were able to check our bags and get our boarding passes before we left for the park that morning. It saved us a lot of frustration at the airport.

This past year, the BC pick-up times for ME were scheduled at five minutes and 35 minutes past the hour. If this still holds true, you would probably be on the 4:35 p.m. motor coach. They always warn you that the ME can come as much as ten minutes, before the scheduled time, so you need to wait outside at least ten minutes before that advised time.

The exact time will be noted on your return confirmation/voucher, which you should find was slid under your door, the night prior to your day of departure. So, when you wake up in the morning, you will be able to plan your last day at WDW accordingly.

One important note about the Resort Airline Checkin- hours are limited. Not sure what time it opens in the morning, but from what I have heard, it closes promptly (at either noon or 1 pm, can't remember which).

When we last used it in July 2013, the BC RAC was located outside of the lobby to the right of the bell services/valet stand.

:teleport:

On the last day of the class trip, I was about to share this little factoid with the kids right before Wishes was set to begin. I started my comment by asking "So who is sick of Dee's random Disney facts?"

And a little girl walking ahead of us looked back and raised her hand high. Pretty funny!

:rotfl2:

That is funny. My question is, did it stop you? Or did you smile and continue? :rolleyes2 :tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes2.

We're leaving today and staying off site tonight. Then a one nighter at one of the new Poly Studio's. Then on to the BWV's Tuesday for 3 nights. Did I mention my wife enables my resort hopping. We once stayed at 4 resorts in a 9 day trip. She drew the line.

Then on to Castaway Cay double dip on the Dream......

That is funny. My question is, did it stop you? Or did you smile and continue? :rolleyes2 :tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes2.

We're leaving today and staying off site tonight. Then a one nighter at one of the new Poly Studio's. Then on to the BWV's Tuesday for 3 nights. Did I mention my wife enables my resort hopping. We once stayed at 4 resorts in a 9 day trip. She drew the line.

WOW! We LOVE split stays, but we only do 2 per trip. HOPE that you ENJOY!:Pinkbounc Would LOVE to hear how you like the Poly!:goodvibes

View attachment 107230 Happy fourth to everyone. Even if you aren't American - have a wonderful Saturday!

We're at the beach for the weekend. It's not my favorite place - if I ever had the chance to buy a vacation home, it would be in mountains somewhere. We'll be able to see the fireworks from the boardwalk (Ocean City, NJ) and Atlantic City. Probably a lot of other boardwalks up and down the water.

Aria finally got to be a mermaid. She asked for pink sand, but there was only so much we could do for her.
LOVE your pic!:flower1: SO CUTE!:thumbsup2

What do you think?

After waiting for the "good-natured" laughter from my group to subside, I gave them the info about Disney's rank in fireworks consumption.

::yes::

Have a blast on your vacation. Sounds wonderful!

:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter