Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Dispro1

DIS Veteran
You mean this one? CREEPY!!!!
I posted a picture like that a while back making fun of the creepy clown slide...funny thing is, I just booked an early December trip to the BWI! But I plan to stay far away from the clown pool! December is too cold for me to swim anyway. DH wanted to stay at BC, but we got a fantastic rate on a CL room at BWI, and that will check off one more CL from our list. I'll be looking for Ninjamom too...I saw on the CL thread that she'll be there!

tarak

DIS Veteran
:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for December.

:woohoo:

The pool maintenance work doesn't happen until after the first of the year. As far as I know, the pool and water slide are kept open through the month of December.

The work on the Beach Club resort rooms should be over long before December (we think by the end of summer or early fall). If the Yacht Club renovations start in the fall as expected, then work would definitely be happening there in December. So BC would be your best bet to avoid construction noise.

:goodvibes:
I'd probably go with BC, too. If you don't get a refurbed room at the YC, you might end up with a room very much in need of a refurb.

• lylone

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
    [GALLERY=[IMG]http://1drv.ms/1RWSTQV[/IMG][/GALLERY]
    July 2015 Activities Schedule

We arrived here today at the YC and the evenings activities were cancelled because of an evil storm that came in. We ended up with a king bed room on the first floor near a "secret entrance". Awesome view from the patio as we watched drenched poor souls run through the rain. They cleared the pool out at about 6p and stopped the beach activities shorty there after. Haven't heard if there will be any fireworks tonight but the storms so far have been intense.

Last edited:
  • Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Happy 4th everyone.

Does anyone else find themselves horribly disappointed with their local fireworks after seeing Wishes at WDW? LOL. Nothing is ever as good as Wishes. *Sigh*
    I as thinking the same thing last night. ;) I also wished there was music along with the fireworks.

Last edited:
  • rapunzelmom

Mouseketeer
    Hi
    We just moved out Christmas trip from WL to YC! The construction possibility (though if you read the threads it is going on now) got me looking and now we are really excited! We will be there from 12/20-126.
    Tracy

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
    Happy 4th Everybody. Looking forward to seeing all you Disers at the Y&B tomorrow and Monday ... although I caught a bug and am not feeling very good. I started antibiotics today so hopefully I'll be feeling better for the rest of our Disney vacation with Princess Lily which picks up on Tuesday with a morning at Epcot following by lunch with the princesses at Norway.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    I wonder what WDW budget is for fireworks for a year?
    I have seen estimates that Wishes alone is between $50k - $80k per night. That's the "normal" Wishes. Throw in the other Wishes, like tonight, and that would be more. So say Wishes is ~$65k per night and Illimunations and Fantasmic total ~$60k per night, that's a whopping $45M per year for fireworks.

outahere

DIS Veteran
    I have seen estimates that Wishes alone is between $50k - $80k per night. That's the "normal" Wishes. Throw in the other Wishes, like tonight, and that would be more. So say Wishes is ~$65k per night and Illimunations and Fantasmic total ~$60k per night, that's a whopping $45M per year for fireworks.
    I remember reading (can't recall where) that the Walt Disney Company (all the theme parks, here and abroad, and the cruise line) is the largest consumer of fireworks in the world.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Happy 4th everyone.

Does anyone else find themselves horribly disappointed with their local fireworks after seeing Wishes at WDW? LOL. Nothing is ever as good as Wishes. *Sigh*
    I as thinking the same thing last night. ;) I also wished there was music along with the fireworks.

Local Fireworks.jpg

I remember reading (can't recall where) that the Walt Disney Company (all the theme parks, here and abroad, and the cruise line) is the largest consumer of fireworks in the world.
    On the last day of the class trip, I was about to share this little factoid with the kids right before Wishes was set to begin. I started my comment by asking "So who is sick of Dee's random Disney facts?"

And a little girl walking ahead of us looked back and raised her hand high. Pretty funny!

:rotfl2:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS