Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

tarak

DIS Veteran
We loved all three Universal resorts. The Portofino is like being in another world, I've never been to Italy so I call it the Floridian Italy lol. This will be our third stay there so let me know if you have any questions :)
I spent a semester in Florence while in law school. As long as there aren't a gazillion mopeds threatening to run me down, I'm good. Of the three resorts, Portofino seems the most "me." And since I'm the one who plans everything, I get to pick the resort for this part of the trip. I realize US has a fourth resort now, but I understand you don't get the FOTL pass with that one. So it's totally off the list. Amara was interested in HRH because of the music in the pool. But I understand we can legitimately pool hop at US. So if she wants to hear "Dude Looks Like a Lady" while swimming, she's more than welcome to.

You mean this one? CREEPY!!!!
Yes! That's exactly the picture I was thinking of. Creepy pool...

My multiquote stopped working about a month ago. I haven't been able to figure out why, even though I have posted on the DIS Technical Support board.

I have been achieving the same thing, though, but highlighting what I want to quote, then hitting reply and then going to the next message.

I sometimes have issues when I change pages though so I copy what is in my reply box before moving on.

:thumbsup2

We stayed at the Portofino on our first Universal trip in July 2011. The Portofino is beautiful and the pool is really nice. Sal's Marketplace and Deli (and Ice Cream shop) is awesome.

Here are the parts of my "Welcome Foolish Muggles" trip report about the Portofino.

Arrival - Ciao, Baby! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41887348&postcount=42

All about the Portofino http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41890845&postcount=50

Sal's Marketplace and Deli- this photo post does not appear in this trip report, but here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41925749&postcount=28

Chillin' at the Pool- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42468186&postcount=439

We prefer the Hard Rock, mainly due to the location (one of the top reasons we love the Beach Club so much). Have you seen BubbaMom's shortcut path from the Portofino to City Walk? If not, I can email it to you.

:goodvibes
I'll have to check out your posts. We have plenty of time to decide. I'm hoping US has winter deals like Disney, because rack rate is sort of hard to take at the moment. I really should have considered my vacation options when deciding to have four kids...

I agree with Hard Rock having the better location. I like the rock vibe as well. It has been such a tough choice but ultimately price won me over. Usually Hard Rock is cheaper but all the AP rooms were booked. August seems like it is no longer a slow season (for WDW or Uni) like it was in the past
HRH is closest, right? Or is it the other hotel, the name of which completely escapes me. I ruled that one out for reasons I can't recall at the moment. Probably reviews I read here on the dis.

MickeyT

DIS Veteran
I am contemplating booking BC for the 2016 Princess Half Marathon weekend. This will be a change as we've stayed at POFQ for the last six PHMs. (It was convenient for walking to the start until safety concerns put a stop to walking.)

Anyone have experience with staying at BC/YC for runDisney events? How is the bus service for the races?
Same as the other resorts. We have been at BCV's the last five or six Marathon Weekends. Even when there are long lines they get 'em in and get 'em out. The longest line I have ever seen at WDW was the bus for the half marathon while staying at SSR. We were not early but still made it in plenty time.
Hope that helps.

• toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
    We still haven't finished planning out our trip yet, and we have just a little over two months to go! :faint: I thought we would get things planned after school was out for summer, but time just seems to be getting away from us.

We have Fastpass selections coming up mid month, so we need to get an idea of what days we'll be in the parks and what Fastpasses we want to try and get. As of right now, we only have 1 ADR booked and that's for Via Napoli. We do plan on doing a lot of CS meals this trip and T-Rex as well, but I'm not sure if my family will want to book anymore ADRs or not. When we're in the parks, we prefer to do CS meals, so that we can get as many rides and attractions in as possible.

We're also doing Sea World and Aquatica this trip during the off property portion of our stay. We haven't done much planning for that either. :blush: Guess we'd better get going with that! July and August tend to be pretty busy months for us, and our trip will be here before we know it. :woohoo:

Scott MC

DIS Veteran
    Hey all! I'm finally done with school!
    party:

But surprisingly, that's not why I'm so excited today!
    I wanted to share the story with y'all...
    My sister and her Dbf of 9 years are down at WDW and are staying at WL.
    They arrived yesterday, and the check-in desk said they had a surprise for them. They were whisked to the ROOF of WL, and while they overlooked all 4 parks, not to mention all of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, my sister turned around to find her Dbf down on one knee! Needless to say, she said yes, and if that wasn't enough, the WL staff gave them a little engagement gift....they upgraded them to the Yosemite (Vice-Presidential) Suite for the entirety of their stay (7 nights)!

Wowza right? :jumping1:

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Scott - that is s wonderful surprise for your sister. How romantic! Did she have any idea that her dbf was going to propose?

Disney before Sally

DIS Veteran
    They arrived yesterday, and the check-in desk said they had a surprise for them. They were whisked to the ROOF of WL, and while they overlooked all 4 parks, not to mention all of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, my sister turned around to find her Dbf down on one knee! Needless to say, she said yes, and if that wasn't enough, the WL staff gave them a little engagement gift....they upgraded them to the Yosemite (Vice-Presidential) Suite for the entirety of their stay (7 nights)!

: o )

JanetMom

DIS Veteran
    party:

That's awesome!

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    A word to the wise about the Magical Depress bus BACK to the Airport.

During my last trip there was a "conniption" with the buses going to the AIRPORT. I was staying at Plop Century but that won't matter for this piece of advice...

So the buses were delayed because of __________ (Reason doesn't matter). Anyway there were a lot of people waiting for the bus. It seems that the previous pick up was running so late that it finally made it to the resort about 10 minuted BEFORE my pick up time. I could tell something was amiss just by looking at the herds waiting for the bus. Naturally there was confusion experienced by the people who were on my scheduled pick up time as to why that bus arrived 10 minutes early (It didn't, this was the previously scheduled bus which was 20 minutes late).

SO.... AFTER the driver sorted everyone out and loaded the correct people on his bus I ASKED IF HE HAD ROOM ON HIS BUS FOR ME. I did this knowing that the buses were running late for some reason and I projected that my bus stood a good chance of being late. The driver let me know that, AS PER HIS JUDGEMENT (and that not all drivers will do this) he was willing and had the room to let me on his bus even though I was technically 'early'.

So it pays to read the situation and know when to adapt and ask for help. Sometimes you get a CM/Bus Driver that will be able to do it, sometimes for very good reasons, (like they needed the room on the bus for the additional stops they would have to make) they can't help you out. Our driver also was very good at explaining that the drivers were in radio contact and if necessary, Disney would dispatch a different bus that was not stuck in traffic to get people to the Airport on time.

As it turns out there was road construction on the way to the airport, and that's what was causing the delay. My driver was experienced and savvy so he even had a way around the block that cut down even more on the delays. Keep in mind also that Disney schedules these Magical Depress buses BACK to the airport so that there is enough time to deal with a reasonable delay.

The other thing that I noticed is that the Bus BACK to the airport only had one stop where it let people off. There used to be 2 drop offs but for some reason we only had the one. I'm not sure if that is permanent.

So there is your helpful post of the day...

~NM
    Hmmmm...this sounds so familiar ....... are you sure that didn't happen at the BC? :)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/magical-express.3415722/#post-53773999

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
    July 2015 Activities Schedule

Thanks!!!!

party:

That is so awesome!!!

pas130

Always missing Florida....
    Happy Independence Day weekend!!!!!! I'll be at work, but Disney Dreaming all day and night as I play nurse :)

I spent a semester in Florence while in law school. As long as there aren't a gazillion mopeds threatening to run me down, I'm good. Of the three resorts, Portofino seems the most "me." And since I'm the one who plans everything, I get to pick the resort for this part of the trip. I realize US has a fourth resort now, but I understand you don't get the FOTL pass with that one. So it's totally off the list. Amara was interested in HRH because of the music in the pool. But I understand we can legitimately pool hop at US. So if she wants to hear "Dude Looks Like a Lady" while swimming, she's more than welcome to.
    Pool hopping is great :) The Beach Pool at Portofino also has games and a DJ it's super nice. It's not SAB but it's nice :) I wouldn't do a US resort without the Express Passes...no way I promise you will NOT be run down by mopeds they are "all decorative"

I really should have considered my vacation options when deciding to have four kids...
    I hear that....

HRH is closest, right? Or is it the other hotel, the name of which completely escapes me. I ruled that one out for reasons I can't recall at the moment. Probably reviews I read here on the dis.
    HRH is the closest :) You can walk from all of them but my tired tootsies take the boat to/from RPR and PBH. Hard rock it felt longer taking the boat...very similar to the proximity of BC to Epcot like Dee mentioned
    party:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hooray for school finally finishing for the summer!!!!!!!

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
    Good Morning!

I'm sure some fortunate soul is getting ready to enjoy the fabulous SAB :teeth: These are a few of our pool pics from our June trip. My 3 kids have now found a new favorite spot!! We spent lots of time at the pool...another reason we usually stay at a Deluxe resort. As you can tell from the pictures, we basically had the pool to ourselves for the first hour or so.....it was GREAT!!!! It did get somewhat crowded in the afternoons, but nothing that was unbearable. Because the area is so large, there was always plenty of space.

BEAUTIFUL pics!!!:thumbsup2 LOVE SAB! Cant WAIT till October F& W! YAY#:bounce:

tarak

DIS Veteran
    party:

Aw, congrats to you sister and her now-fiance!

pas130, I was thinking about the other resorts because of distance, too. But Portofino seems like the resort I'd enjoy the most as far as theme is concerned. We'll be there in January, so it will most likely be cool enough the walk won't kill me (or we can use the boat, which is what the rest of the family would prefer).

DetroitDisney

DISfanatic
    General question for all you fine folks.

I have read that the BC/YC pool can partially close in the "winter" time. I am going to WDW the first week of December 2015, should I be concerned about potential closure of the pool? And do they keep things like the water slide open during the colder months?

Also, with all the construction happening there, would I be better off booking YC or BC for December? I would like to avoid construction noise at all cost.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    General question for all you fine folks.

I have read that the BC/YC pool can partially close in the "winter" time. I am going to WDW the first week of December 2015, should I be concerned about potential closure of the pool? And do they keep things like the water slide open during the colder months?

Also, with all the construction happening there, would I be better off booking YC or BC for December? I would like to avoid construction noise at all cost.
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for December.

:woohoo:

The pool maintenance work doesn't happen until after the first of the year. As far as I know, the pool and water slide are kept open through the month of December.

The work on the Beach Club resort rooms should be over long before December (we think by the end of summer or early fall). If the Yacht Club renovations start in the fall as expected, then work would definitely be happening there in December. So BC would be your best bet to avoid construction noise.

:goodvibes:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS