Everyday offerings:

DSCF1038.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_7936.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups. There were rolls for making sandwiches.

Caramel Cups for the sliced apples. Or Whatever!

DSCF1044.jpg

IMG_7938.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

I think they had a version of marinated olives everyday, maybe the mozzarella and tomato as well, and then there would be one or two salads and two different hot Hors d’oeuvres that changed nightly.

Rotating items- I’m not sure if there is a rotation schedule or if they have the same thing on the same night of the week for the whole month.

For the days we were there for the appetizers, this is what was offered for hot and cold appetizers

Sunday October 16

IMG_7940%202.jpg

Beet and Goat Cheese with Spiced Pecans

IMG_7941.jpg

Salmon Rosettes with Cucumber

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Triangles

Monday October 17

DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

Pear and Ricotta

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

Chicken Skewers

DSCF1037.jpg

Spinach and Paneer Cheese Samosas

Tuesday October 18

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad

IMG_8233.jpg

Farro Wheat Salad

IMG_8234.jpg

Chicken Waldorf Salad on Endive

IMG_8237.jpg

Beef & Blue with Roasted Shallot Aioli

IMG_8229.jpg

Spanakopita

DSCF1045%202.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

Last edited:

Been back a few days now but so crazy busy with "real life"...lol

Finally sorted out my notes on the RO BB deal for next year - no flyer in the room but I did manage to call back and get the dates. 2017 RO dates are as follows:

January:
1-4; 8-12; 16-19; 22-26; January 29-Feb 2

Feb:
5-8; 12-16; 20-23; Feb 26-March 2

March:
5-9; 12-16; 19-23; 26-30

April/May/June:
April 2-6; April 21-May 25
May 29-June 30

July/August:
July 5-August 31

Sept:
4-30

Dec:
8-23

30% of deluxes, 25% off moderates, and 20% off values.

We didn't take advantage of the RO BB for next year as I'm not sure if we'll be returning to Disney next summer for our family vacation and honestly 30% off wasn't enough of a discount to entice me to book.

As for our CL stay at the YC... We had a std view room and stayed in 5186 which overlooked the front entrance of the YC. Room had two queen beds and a chair (same set up as Dee's pic), was very clean and was in good shape, minor nicks on the furniture but nothing that really stood out. We really liked the look of the new lounge, offerings were fine but we still find Sugar Loaf at the GF to have the best Club offerings! While there, we got to chat with some CM's that we remembered from past stays and were able to get some "scoop", FWIW.

We asked about the current Gartner convention, and it looks like they'll be returning to BC/YC again next year around the same week as this year. Overall, we weren't bothered by any of the conventioneers, and they were EVERYWHERE, but I will say that the loud DJ music they were playing in the front parking area (over by the buses), was annoying at times and could be heard very clearly in our room even with the sliders closed.

We asked about the delay of room renovations and were told that certain convention contracts forbid any sort of renovations within the resort while the convention is taking place and that was one of the specific stipulations of Gartner. We also asked about the convention that took place in August (it was a young group of accountants) and we were told that they have already signed a 2-3 year (August) contract to return to the BC/YC so expect less availability in Mid August of next year. Any validity to all this? Who knows, but thought I'd share.

Weather was PERFECT, couldn't have asked for any better. One thing I purposely wanted to take note on this trip was crowd levels as I was somewhat curious as resort availability was so scarce that I thought for sure crowds would be insane. Well, IMHO, I found the complete opposite. Even though we had FP's at each park, we were able to walk on most of the headliners at each park. MK: with the exception of 7DMT, we walked onto every other ride and show we wanted. AK: again, walk-on every single ride and show. Epcot: pretty much the same, with the exception of the Frozen ride, we were even able to get on Soarin' one night with less than a 40 min wait. HS: walked onto everything with less than a 30 min wait, including TSM!

F&W was a blast, we visited quite often on different days and even spent Saturday night, 10/15, there and didn't find any of the food lines to be long at all. All in all, we had a nice trip, much more on the go the first half as we were with friends, but once they left, DH & I got to really slow down and "smell the roses".

We did book an agency exclusive room at the BC for the same week next year once I found out the BB excluded October again so Dee, when you have a chance, please add us to the BOG list October 14-19, 2017, for now!

Sorry for the long post!!

Last edited:
Hello

I have a question that I know my YC/BC friends can help with! I have always stayed at the YC. We are going this July with a package from "that agency". They only have BC available which I was happy to take :) I will have a group that will have children as well as elderly people. Is there a way to get to the YC bus stop so that they have a better chance of getting a seat? Would you go outside or through the lobbies? About how long would it take? Thanks for any help!

My wife and I are staying in a BCV studio over Easter 2017 (April 13-17) and we're super-excited to be walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios for the first time! We booked Easter dinner at Cape May Cafe and plan to spend a lot of time at Epcot over the course of our visit - soaking in the Flower & Garden Festival. Any recommended must-dos during our visit?

Tell me more about your BCV stay :) Room, view, thoughts, transportation, food etc. I want it all! We are headed there in January and need my fix to keep the days going by.

Here's my mini report on the DVC forum when I got back, let me know if you have questions!

"We've been members there since 2003 and this was the best room experience we've ever had. We were in our requested area for a studio, right by the elevator on the third floor, close to the lobby, woods view. I LOVED the renovated room!! So many years, by the end of our trip, our room is totally cluttered. Not this time. There was tons of storage. We were kind of shocked at the small drawers at first, but then quickly just rolled our shirts and shorts, and it worked out perfectly. I used the drawers underneath the coffee table and bedside table for misc. stuff, worked out fantastic. I also loved the mattress topper, SO comfortable. We used the table for breakfast every morning and the room felt very spacious for the two of us. The best thing I packed was an old fashioned light up digital clock. I have to know the time in the middle of the night, or all day for that matter, and don't want to check my phone for it. I'll bring that back each trip. Stayed for two weeks, trash and towel came right on time. They brought back the ice water downstairs before you get on the elevator, a much appreciated small thing when its hot. Used either the villa pool and Stormalong Bay every afternoon. Two of the SAB hot tubs were malfunctioning, but I'm sure will be up and running soon. I was never so happy to see one of them "over 18 only", so welcomed!! but that was the one that the temp. wasn't working, they said they were waiting for a part to come in. We were there during the hurricane, Disney did a phenomenal job entertaining families and feeding them. I say well done to DVC on updating my second home!!"

Hello

I have a question that I know my YC/BC friends can help with! I have always stayed at the YC. We are going this July with a package from "that agency". They only have BC available which I was happy to take :) I will have a group that will have children as well as elderly people. Is there a way to get to the YC bus stop so that they have a better chance of getting a seat? Would you go outside or through the lobbies? About how long would it take? Thanks for any help!

You will like the new renovated rooms at the BC. We love the YC but are staying at BC these days until the rooms are refurbed. I believe Dee can tell you as she has walked it (lobby to lobby) in the past, but I'm guessing 7 minutes? We thought we would do more of that too on our last BC stay but we ended up doing just fine for seats getting on at the BC bus stop. We really found we were happy at the BC, but except for the fact we set up camp at the baby/sand pool area of SAB and it was a bit of a trek from our rooms at the BC to that side of SAB. I know, first world problems for sure. All good. Enjoy the BC!

We slept in a bit today and hit the IG at Epcot about 9:45. Soarin was 180 minute wait at 10:45. With our FP+ we're 50 minutes from entering the line to exiting I loved the new show.
HitF & W booths. WS is moderately busy but booth lines moved quickly. Back in the Villa for a bit ( yes that is DH you hear snoring :-) ) & back to the booths in a bit.
I was disappointed in our long time favorite Raglan Road last night - both food & entertainment. DS is beautiful but the Town Center is nothing more than an upscale shopping mall. Not a place we will spend a lot of time at.

*panic* Just got a call from our TA that they were notified by Disney that BC will be under renovations (Feb) and people with reservations can upgrade to Poly or GF. We're booked on rented points, so I doubt it's an option for us, but my ILs are booked through the TA and got this option. Anyone have any info?

We slept in a bit today and hit the IG at Epcot about 9:45. Soarin was 180 minute wait at 10:45. With our FP+ we're 50 minutes from entering the line to exiting I loved the new show.
HitF & W booths. WS is moderately busy but booth lines moved quickly. Back in the Villa for a bit ( yes that is DH you hear snoring :-) ) & back to the booths in a bit.
I was disappointed in our long time favorite Raglan Road last night - both food & entertainment. DS is beautiful but the Town Center is nothing more than an upscale shopping mall. Not a place we will spend a lot of time at.

This is exactly how I feel. We skipped right by it on this trip and didn't even look at any of the stores there.

*panic* Just got a call from our TA that they were notified by Disney that BC will be under renovations (Feb) and people with reservations can upgrade to Poly or GF. We're booked on rented points, so I doubt it's an option for us, but my ILs are booked through the TA and got this option. Anyone have any info?

This sounds like a mix up to me. The BC was completely renovated about a year ago. If you are staying on rented points you are in the Villas and they just finished renovations. The Yacht Club is scheduled for renovations beginning the First of the year.

This sounds like a mix up to me. The BC was completely renovated about a year ago. If you are staying on rented points you are in the Villas and they just finished renovations. The Yacht Club is scheduled for renovations beginning the First of the year.

We got the same email so I dont think it is a mix up, my TA messaged me offering upgrade to GF. I am going to take it but I havent gotten the confirmation back yet. I think it's probably YC reno and redistributing rooms is my guess? I hope it works, I love BC but the GF for the same rate would be pretty sweet. Plus i have YC in december still booked :)

I am sad to say we are not staying at the YC in March DD really wants to stay at the BWI. I was able to make the switch under the Disney Visa promotion and save some money. I love the BWI but really wanted to stay at the YC/BC. At least we can visit in November, we have our Thanksgiving dinner booked at the Yachtman's Steak House and another dinner at Beaches and Cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter