Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

With this whole bus situation I wonder if we should rent a car??

I drive and park the car and don't get back in it until I leave. YC and BC are basically one big resort and the walk from one to the other isn't really that far. If you are staying at YC you are going to have to walk to BC for the Marketplace if you want a QS meal so it's not any longer than that and it's certainly shorter than the walk from Epcot to YC.

With this whole bus situation I wonder if we should rent a car??

How often are you going to MK, AK, Disney Springs or the Water Parks?

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports once the stops are being used on Sunday. How expensive is it to rent a car? If you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

Note that with a taxi/Uber to MK, you will either be dropped off at CR and walk, or you will have to go to the TTC and take the monorail or ferry, which you would also have to do if you rent a car.

:car:

edited because the original sentence structure was crap

Last edited:

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports, or how expensive it is to rent a car, but if you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

Note that with a taxi/Uber to MK, you will either be dropped off at CR and walk, or you will have to go to the TTC and take the monorail or ferry, which you would also have to do if you rent a car.

You have some great points. I hate parking at the MK. We often times will take the monorail from Epcot to and from the MK as we enjoy the walk and not having to get on a bus. We will more than likely go to Disney Springs maybe once and AK once. If we are feeling lazy, we can always grab a handy cab :) I want no stress on this trip, our lives recently with building our house and our jobs have brought on an immense amount of pressure. I am evening thinking of turning off my phone while there!!!

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports, or how expensive it is to rent a car, but if you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

We rented a car, cost me £170 for a week and took uber's to MK before we had the car, going down the drop off at CR route. On every occasion the driver just told the security he was just an uber drop off, showed them his license and drove right in.

YC to CR cost me $7.80 one trip, $7.43 the next. We caught a bus back the first day, then an uber back another.

We also caught an uber from GF to CR once due to the monorail being down- this cost $5.85.

Wait for an uber was always less than 5 minutes.

I would GUESS that if you aren't going off property, uber everywhere would be cheaper than renting a car, and they can drop you off closer. We rented a car as we went off site several days too.

Boy, putting the bus stops at the parking lot of the villas, is well, really dropping the ball. I would be livid if I were staying here during this. I would be looking to change resorts.

According to Orlando Theme Park News, the bus stop refurbishment should be completed on October 7th.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/09/temporary-bus-stop-relocation-at-yacht.html
YACHT CLUB BUS STOP IS NOT CHANGED!!!
This morning, I sent an e-mail to the Yacht Club about my concerns of sharing a bus stop and having issues with overcrowded buses causing delays to the parks.
I just received this e-mail from Yacht Club Concierge.
"The Yacht Club bus stop will remain in the same area that it has also
been. We are not combining bus stops, any communication you may have
heard about combined bus stops is incorrect"
So, now all of our worries can be cast aside.
Yippee!

I've just done the math on our Deluxe Dining Plan. We had free Regular plan and paid to upgrade to Deluxe. The total cost of the plan was $3463 of which we paid $1497. Our total spend on the plan was $4798. At the end of the trip we had 8 meal credits remaining and 9 snack credits. We used them all up at the Beach Club shop. I was just going to use the snack credits but the lovely lady on the register told me to convert my 8 meals to 24 snacks. So we did (I've used an average price of $3.50 for calculating the snack costs). We didn't have luggage room or weight to take all of these extra snacks with us but our last meal was lunch at Captains Grill and I had invited my friend who lives 45 minutes away and she left with 3 bags of snacks and beverages. Lets just say she was very pleased she came to lunch!

I've just done the math on our Deluxe Dining Plan. We had free Regular plan and paid to upgrade to Deluxe. The total cost of the plan was $3463 of which we paid $1497. Our total spend on the plan was $4798. At the end of the trip we had 8 meal credits remaining and 9 snack credits. We used them all up at the Beach Club shop. I was just going to use the snack credits but the lovely lady on the register told me to convert my 8 meals to 24 snacks. So we did (I've used an average price of $3.50 for calculating the snack costs). We didn't have luggage room or weight to take all of these extra snacks with us but our last meal was lunch at Captains Grill and I had invited my friend who lives 45 minutes away and she left with 3 bags of snacks and beverages. Lets just say she was very pleased she came to lunch!

Thanks so much for the analysis.

I do that too to figure out if the plan is worth it for my family!

:teacher:

YACHT CLUB BUS STOP IS NOT CHANGED!!!
This morning, I sent an e-mail to the Yacht Club about my concerns of sharing a bus stop and having issues with overcrowded buses causing delays to the parks.
I just received this e-mail from Yacht Club Concierge.
"The Yacht Club bus stop will remain in the same area that it has also
been. We are not combining bus stops, any communication you may have
heard about combined bus stops is incorrect"
So, now all of our worries can be cast aside.
Yippee!

I was hoping that was the case- the phrasing of the announcements I have seen for this change, and also for the previous YC relocations have been very poor! I believe in both cases the news stories (DIS and Orlando Theme Park News) have described the changes as affecting the Yacht and Beach Club Resort bus stops (plural), when in fact the recent refurbishments have only been at YC. Not sure where the info is coming from.

Anyway, let's see how this all rides tomorrow!

:drive:

Pinkgirl I do the same calculations as you to see if we "saved" on the "free" dining:teacher:
Love snacks shopping at the end of the trip. My nieces, nephews and kids love me for it too:love:

What was your favorite meal of the trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter