Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

DisneyFanJenn

Yes, we are going AGAIN!
I totally agree. Probably even more important would be to alert guests who have reservations during this time period to let them know in advance about the relocation of the bus stops in order to give them a chance to evaluate if they want to make a change in their reservation. This is a very disruptive change.
Agreed. We check in in 8 days and this is going to impact our plans quite a bit.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
On the plane now. We're at GF for 3 nights then check in to YC Tuesday. Will be interested to see what the situation is with the bus stop. They just had the YC bus stop closed a few weeks ago & relocated to the convention center. If I recall, it was just reopened a week or so ago. Reports were that the BC was supposed to be closed at the same time, but seems it wasn't. Seems strange they would re close YC & relocate it to BC villas. Not only is that very far away, they amount of guests who will be waiting there will be crazy! I'm wondering if it s just the BC stop that is being relocated.

Truthfully, if YC stop is closed, we'll probably catch the bus at Dolphin. Closer & will probably be less crowded.

MarkE83

Mouseketeer
Can't believe we've been home a week already! Laundry is all done, sleep pattern back to normal... Post holiday blues are definitely in full force!

Anyway- I thought I'd let you know about our room, which was great in some ways, and awful in others.

This is room 4240 in the Yacht Club.

We booked a standard view room using a magical deal. We were staying for 10 nights. We'd used touring plans, our agent and online check in to ask for the same thing: king bed, a room on the boardwalk facing side if possible.

When we checked in, they acknowledged it was our honeymoon, and gave us two "happily ever after" badges, which we proceeded to wear almost every day.

The room itself- a great room, lots of space. There's a closet on the right just as you walk through the door, which was big enough to hold lots of clothes and one of the suitcases- it could have likely held both, but we left one on the floor in the basin area, as that was also quite a large open space.

The TV came out of the wall on a mounted arm, and could be turned to face the bed.

There was a fridge large enough for several bottles (milk, root beer, champagne courtesy of some very good Disney friends, some rum... Some more rum...). There were 4 drawers for clothes and several open spaces for clothes, books etc.

The bed!! Amazing. So comfy and so big!! We might have to invest in one after we move house...

That's the good stuff. Now the bad stuff...

The balcony was a standard size, with a view of the roof below. I've attached a picture. I would guess that this is one of the worst standard views available.

Location: this is the furthest possible room from the lobby. In walked around our floor a bit, in an effort to locate alternative stairwells and lifts, and this is the furthest corner in terms of steps from the elevators. The wife reminded me of this every time we walked home of an evening!!

I'm sure we could have complained, maybe moved a little closer and given up the king bed- but as we had booked a very good deal, and didn't plan on being back and forth to the room all day, we decided the space of the room was worth sticking with.

Will we return? Definitely!! Wife loved being so close to Epcot and Boardwalk, there are so many choices of places to eat and drink. But next time we'll definitely either go for a higher room category, or ask to stay closer to the elevators and not worry about a king bed.

Attachments

• Sunshine11

Mouseketeer
    I book ADRs tomorrow for our first stay at Beach club....any must do's for restaurants other then cape may and beaches n cream??
    We love the convenient to Beach Club restaurants in Epcot. Check out reviews and menus for Rose and Crown Pub and Via Napoli, both walkable from BC and a nice way to wind down the day. We like Shula's (Dolphin) better than LeCellier or Yachtsman Steakhouse (YC) but they are all good. Still trying to get to Flying Fish (Boardwalk), which is another convenient restaurant. Enjoy.

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
    On the plane now. We're at GF for 3 nights then check in to YC Tuesday. Will be interested to see what the situation is with the bus stop. They just had the YC bus stop closed a few weeks ago & relocated to the convention center. If I recall, it was just reopened a week or so ago. Reports were that the BC was supposed to be closed at the same time, but seems it wasn't. Seems strange they would re close YC & relocate it to BC villas. Not only is that very far away, they amount of guests who will be waiting there will be crazy! I'm wondering if it s just the BC stop that is being relocated.

Truthfully, if YC stop is closed, we'll probably catch the bus at Dolphin. Closer & will probably be less crowded.
    I may be one of the few people that this probably won't bother, thank you split stay. I'm arrive Mon. the 12th for two night at CSR and plan on doing AK and the bulk of MK those two days. AK the afternoon evening of the 12th and MK the morning mid afternoon the 13th and maybe hop back over to AK that night since it's a party night at MK and it closes at 7. Then I move over to YC on the 14 through 18. I'm doing F&W every day and will fill in with HS and might hop over to MK to watch the FWs one night. I can ride the monorail over to MK and don't mind the walk from BC to YC if I ride the bus back, it's no longer than the walk from Epcot to YC. I'll walk or boat to HS and, of course, walk to Epcot.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We booked a standard view room using a magical deal. We were staying for 10 nights. We'd used touring plans, our agent and online check in to ask for the same thing: king bed, a room on the boardwalk facing side if possible.
    The room itself looks lovely. We had a corner room with a king bed at the BC and we really liked all the light we got from the two sets of windows. For a standard view room booked with the magical deal, it is actually a pretty nice room. But I get what you mean about having a long walk to the room. The rooms that are above the main building don't have convenient exit stairs to the ground floor. Only the outer wings have those. So there isn't any good shortcut to those rooms. :(

We booked a standard view magical deal for our upcoming trip and all these recent stories make me a little nervous. I know that I can only expect to get exactly what I booked, a view of the rooftops. This is our first time booking a standard view room in ages. We usually book garden view. So we'll see what happens.

• MarkE83

Mouseketeer
    The room itself looks lovely.

We booked a standard view magical deal for our upcoming trip and all these recent stories make me a little nervous. I know that I can only expect to get exactly what I booked, a view of the rooftops. This is our first time booking a standard view room in ages. We usually book garden view. So we'll see what happens.
    The room was lovely, only the location let it down- we weren't overly bothered about the view as we were usually out quite late, and didn't spend much time "relaxing" of an evening- we were never back in the hotel room before 9pm.

I wouldn't worry too much- overall, our stay was VERY VERY good. We toured the three monorail resorts whilst there too and agreed that when we do return, it'll be to the YC.

All of the people we dealt with, from the guy who checked us in (I want to say his name was Pete, really pleasant and friendly chap, we spoke to him a couple of days later and he remembered everything about us) to the lifeguards we passed when walking around were top notch. It'll be a few years due to other plans and priorities, but we will be back.

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
    Staying at BCV and having dinner at Yachtsman. After dinner, we will be catching a bus. Am I to assume that the YC bus stop will be closer than BC? Coming out of Yachtsman, do we walk to the right?:confused3 TIA!:goodvibes
    We would often hop off at the YC bus stop coming back from the parks because we didn't mind the walk from there to BC, and we were always itching to get off he bus! ;)

And yes, just walk through the YC lobby and you'll see it to the left with a relatively short walk. That is to say: if it's not closed while you're there.

~Cari~ pluto:

Last edited:

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
    With this whole bus situation I wonder if we should rent a car??
    I drive and park the car and don't get back in it until I leave. YC and BC are basically one big resort and the walk from one to the other isn't really that far. If you are staying at YC you are going to have to walk to BC for the Marketplace if you want a QS meal so it's not any longer than that and it's certainly shorter than the walk from Epcot to YC.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    With this whole bus situation I wonder if we should rent a car??
    How often are you going to MK, AK, Disney Springs or the Water Parks?

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports once the stops are being used on Sunday. How expensive is it to rent a car? If you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

Note that with a taxi/Uber to MK, you will either be dropped off at CR and walk, or you will have to go to the TTC and take the monorail or ferry, which you would also have to do if you rent a car.

:car:

edited because the original sentence structure was crap

Last edited:

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports, or how expensive it is to rent a car, but if you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

Note that with a taxi/Uber to MK, you will either be dropped off at CR and walk, or you will have to go to the TTC and take the monorail or ferry, which you would also have to do if you rent a car.

You have some great points. I hate parking at the MK. We often times will take the monorail from Epcot to and from the MK as we enjoy the walk and not having to get on a bus. We will more than likely go to Disney Springs maybe once and AK once. If we are feeling lazy, we can always grab a handy cab :) I want no stress on this trip, our lives recently with building our house and our jobs have brought on an immense amount of pressure. I am evening thinking of turning off my phone while there!!!

MarkE83

Mouseketeer

I don't know how bad the bus situation will be- I am interested in getting reports, or how expensive it is to rent a car, but if you are considering renting a car to avoid the bus issues, it may be more cost effective to take taxis or Uber service to those locations.

We rented a car, cost me £170 for a week and took uber's to MK before we had the car, going down the drop off at CR route. On every occasion the driver just told the security he was just an uber drop off, showed them his license and drove right in.

YC to CR cost me $7.80 one trip, $7.43 the next. We caught a bus back the first day, then an uber back another.

We also caught an uber from GF to CR once due to the monorail being down- this cost $5.85.

Wait for an uber was always less than 5 minutes.

I would GUESS that if you aren't going off property, uber everywhere would be cheaper than renting a car, and they can drop you off closer. We rented a car as we went off site several days too.

Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
    Boy, putting the bus stops at the parking lot of the villas, is well, really dropping the ball. I would be livid if I were staying here during this. I would be looking to change resorts.

Linleedo

DIS Veteran
    According to Orlando Theme Park News, the bus stop refurbishment should be completed on October 7th.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/09/temporary-bus-stop-relocation-at-yacht.html
    YACHT CLUB BUS STOP IS NOT CHANGED!!!
    This morning, I sent an e-mail to the Yacht Club about my concerns of sharing a bus stop and having issues with overcrowded buses causing delays to the parks.
    I just received this e-mail from Yacht Club Concierge.
    "The Yacht Club bus stop will remain in the same area that it has also
    been. We are not combining bus stops, any communication you may have
    heard about combined bus stops is incorrect"
    So, now all of our worries can be cast aside.
    Yippee!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS