Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do the Beach Club bathtubs have a pull-out clothes line where you can dry swimsuits? We made a lot of use out of those on our trips to Pop. Wondering whether to bring clothespins. Thanks!

You guys weren't kidding about BC. Two days in and I think we've all been spoiled. :oops: Yesterday was our Epcot day and Dh loved being able to walk there and being able to come back for an afternoon break was awesome!

We just got back from our BC trip this morning.

The walk to Epcot was awesome, so much so that this was the first trip that I wish that we had purchased a Park Hopper. If you haven't done it yet, just be warned that the walk to Hollywood Studios is a bit longer :)

One thing that I noticed for the resort is that I wish they had "Elevator" signs. We were a decent distance from the elevator (requested room 3681, got room 3677, roof view from window, really good pool view on balcony) and it was easy to get turned around. "Exit" signs aren't enough as many of them led to stairways (we had a stairway not 50 feet from our room that took us almost directly to the pool, very nice :) ). Not really an issue, just something we noticed that really stuck out early in our stay.

I want to say thanks to everyone to that mentioned the Sunken Treasure... it REALLY helped with the weather :)

page 657-658

For those of you who have been to storm along bay recently - are there usually life vests available for kids? Do they run out? My son's 3, so we'd need one for 30ish pounds. I'm debating if I should pack his floaty or rely on the ones provided. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Some responses have been posted to address your question.

:fish:

We checked into the BC yesterday :love:
We booked a standard view and were given a standard view room facing the front entrance. Room 3654. We love this room! It is one of the "different" layout rooms so I wanted to share some photos. It is not allowing me to attach the "view" photo as it is saying the file is too large. It has a Juliet balcony and a view of roof/main entrance.

So far we have had a great first day! We had some Sunkin Treasures at Hurricane Hannah's, a delicious dinner at Cape May, a nice night at DS, and watched the SW fireworks from the beach. Ready for day 2 :yay:

:welcome: and thanks so much for the pictures of your incredible room!

:goodvibes

Hi all. We are sitting at MCO waiting to board our flight back to the UK so I thought I'd post a quick review. In short we had an amazing time and loved the BC. The location was brilliant (we were in 2520 so very close to the secret door and quiet pool), loved the decor and found everything spotless. Staff were helpful, only incident was when the housekeeper managed to gather up my youngest's 3 plushes with the bedding - we were compensated and we managed to buy a new dolphin (Seaworld) and Pygmy Puff for him, just need to order the final one when we get home as it was brought with us. He was very upset at the time but the housekeeper sent him some cookies and milk for bedtime which seemed to go down well (he wouldn't share!!). We would definitely return to the Beach Club though the boys also like the look of AKL. Will post more when home and got my head straight!

Thanks for your mini review. Sorry to hear about your son's losses, but I'm glad that the resort tried to make up for that.

:thumbsup2

have great time. we will be there in 28 days.. see ya soon

staying only 3 days at BC then on to wLV for 3 days. i am rethinking my ADRS because I wanted some more pool time at resort. How are the activities in the afternoon? is it worth it to skip An ADR at Yak and Yeti and just zip back to hotel for some pool time??

for all who have gone with kids what are your experiences?

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? Late September? or early October?

You can find the activities calendar for September on Page 1 (Post 4) of this thread.

:cool1:

I don't hang out on the boards much, but every time i stay at Yacht Club or Beach Club i have to come check in! We will be there the end of October into November and i can't wait!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Which resort this time- BC or YC?

:woohoo:

I would skip Yak and Yeti and spend time at that gorgeous pool. I got food poisoning from Yak and Yeti in June so I'm a little biased. I don't think you will regret spending time at Stormalong Bay. So relaxing and fun.

:welcome:

Thanks for your input.

This is Yacht Club. I thought they were all real over at Beach! We made a point of looking as well!!!

At the beach club, the fake one is the first one on the right if you are facing the Marketplace (back to the lobby). If you go behind, there are (or maybe were) pay phones and I think the lobby restroom is back there.

:magnify:

page 659-660

It's great to see so many happy guests at the resort recently!

Already loving BC! This place is amazing. We booked standard view, but we were upgraded to garden view. I am in room 1633, SUPER close to the lobby, Marketplace and my room faces the main courtyard. My parents are in the room next to me and my sisters family is right across from me in 1632. We couldn't have asked for better locations and being on the ground floor is so great with a toddler. Of all of our stays at Disney resorts over the years, this has got to be the best location we've received, as far as proximity to everything. Spoiled already! Lol I just watched the Star Wars fireworks right from SAB. I can clearly see why so many people absolutely love this place!

You are off to a great start. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:dogdance:

Well, we made it! I can't believe how beautiful it is--so nice, I don't really want to leave the resort for the parks. Ha!
Anyway, we booked a standard view, but were upgraded to a Club Level Standard View!!! So spoiled!

We're checking into Shades of Green in a few days, but I think our next trip will be 100% Beach Club !

Can't remember if I have given you an official :welcome:

Congrats! Have a great stay.

:cool1:

We just got back from our BC trip this morning.

The walk to Epcot was awesome, so much so that this was the first trip that I wish that we had purchased a Park Hopper. If you haven't done it yet, just be warned that the walk to Hollywood Studios is a bit longer :)

One thing that I noticed for the resort is that I wish they had "Elevator" signs. We were a decent distance from the elevator (requested room 3681, got room 3677, roof view from window, really good pool view on balcony) and it was easy to get turned around. "Exit" signs aren't enough as many of them led to stairways (we had a stairway not 50 feet from our room that took us almost directly to the pool, very nice :) ). Not really an issue, just something we noticed that really stuck out early in our stay.

I want to say thanks to everyone to that mentioned the Sunken Treasure... it REALLY helped with the weather :)

That's a really great suggestion. I am directionally challenged and I have been in some rooms at the resort where I get turned around all the time.

Please mention this when you get a survey about your stay.

::yes::

I just want to say what a great group this is! I've always felt welcome, and I haven't even stayed at the BC yet! (234 days!) I joined a thread for our other resort for our Spring Break trip, and no one had acknowledged me at all. :sigh

Just a bit of a warning, though... If you read a couple of pages back, you will see that it is not easy to get away from us.

Like the song goes "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Right, @JanetMom ?

;)

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Back from our 4 nights Beach Club Villa stay, I started a trip report, link at bottom of my signature if anyone is interested.

The villas are not quite done yet, there were several rooms on the 2nd floor at least that were still being worked on. Our 1 bedroom was gorgeous! We were in room 247 on that wing that sticks out. Straight out our double balcony we had a view of the Star Wars fireworks, but through a lot of trees, so not really a great view. To the left was Epcot and we could not see Illuminations, but it was very loud and we could see the sky lighting up colors.

IMG_8430_zpsb3ev7h97.jpg

IMG_8058_zpsfvo7d1tu.jpg

IMG_8060_zps6j1n8tga.jpg

IMG_8061_zpsyluh0was.jpg

IMG_8063_zpse37cjhop.jpg

IMG_8066_zpsysowxak3.jpg

IMG_8067_zpsmguzlqn4.jpg

IMG_8069_zpslwzxykqq.jpg

IMG_8070_zpsow0mbar3.jpg

IMG_8072_zpsou1q0xuo.jpg

IMG_8251_zpsdbi5rgid.jpg

IMG_8252_zpsrroly3ku.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

IMG_8074_zpscdeemoz8.jpg

IMG_8075_zpsbpmkheap.jpg

IMG_8076_zpsimm18hqb.jpg

IMG_8077_zpshyvzfiqi.jpg

IMG_8079_zpsij5lbi44.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

The Villas lobby area
IMG_8094_zpsfqcsrhu8.jpg

IMG_8092_zps182pxtlo.jpg

IMG_8091_zpsdng7jm0o.jpg

IMG_8095_zpsz20dk1rt.jpg

IMG_8429_zpszrxz6lao.jpg

I just want to say what a great group this is! I've always felt welcome, and I haven't even stayed at the BC yet! (234 days!) I joined a thread for our other resort for our Spring Break trip, and no one had acknowledged me at all. :sigh

Just a bit of a warning, though... If you read a couple of pages back, you will see that it is not easy to get away from us.

Like the song goes "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Right, @JanetMom ?

;)

:grouphug:

That's right. You are stuck with us now. There's no turning back.

I'll be staying at a different resort for our next trip and I've barely checked out that thread. It's just more fun to get excited for a trip on this thread. :)

Back from our 4 nights Beach Club Villa stay, I started a trip report, link at bottom of my signature if anyone is interested.

The villas are not quite done yet, there were several rooms on the 2nd floor at least that were still being worked on. Our 1 bedroom was gorgeous! We were in room 247 on that wing that sticks out. Straight out our double balcony we had a view of the Star Wars fireworks, but through a lot of trees, so not really a great view. To the left was Epcot and we could not see Illuminations, but it was very loud and we could see the sky lighting up colors.

IMG_8430_zpsb3ev7h97.jpg

IMG_8058_zpsfvo7d1tu.jpg

IMG_8060_zps6j1n8tga.jpg

IMG_8061_zpsyluh0was.jpg

IMG_8063_zpse37cjhop.jpg

IMG_8066_zpsysowxak3.jpg

IMG_8067_zpsmguzlqn4.jpg

IMG_8069_zpslwzxykqq.jpg

IMG_8070_zpsow0mbar3.jpg

IMG_8072_zpsou1q0xuo.jpg

IMG_8251_zpsdbi5rgid.jpg

IMG_8252_zpsrroly3ku.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

IMG_8074_zpscdeemoz8.jpg

IMG_8075_zpsbpmkheap.jpg

IMG_8076_zpsimm18hqb.jpg

IMG_8077_zpshyvzfiqi.jpg

IMG_8079_zpsij5lbi44.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

The Villas lobby area
IMG_8094_zpsfqcsrhu8.jpg

IMG_8092_zps182pxtlo.jpg

IMG_8091_zpsdng7jm0o.jpg

IMG_8095_zpsz20dk1rt.jpg

IMG_8429_zpszrxz6lao.jpg
What great pics and I'm in love with that tub.

IMG_8430_zpsb3ev7h97.jpg

IMG_8058_zpsfvo7d1tu.jpg

IMG_8060_zps6j1n8tga.jpg

IMG_8061_zpsyluh0was.jpg

Thanks for the info on the construction not being finished yet. We arrive in just over three weeks and I can't wait.

We have a refurb also at Animal Kingdom Kidani before we get to BCV. So I am hoping the BCV is 100% by the time we get there.

IMG_8430_zpsb3ev7h97.jpg

IMG_8058_zpsfvo7d1tu.jpg

IMG_8060_zps6j1n8tga.jpg

IMG_8061_zpsyluh0was.jpg

IMG_8063_zpse37cjhop.jpg

IMG_8066_zpsysowxak3.jpg

IMG_8067_zpsmguzlqn4.jpg

IMG_8069_zpslwzxykqq.jpg

IMG_8070_zpsow0mbar3.jpg

IMG_8072_zpsou1q0xuo.jpg

IMG_8251_zpsdbi5rgid.jpg

IMG_8252_zpsrroly3ku.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

IMG_8074_zpscdeemoz8.jpg

IMG_8075_zpsbpmkheap.jpg

IMG_8076_zpsimm18hqb.jpg

IMG_8077_zpshyvzfiqi.jpg

IMG_8079_zpsij5lbi44.jpg

IMG_8249_zpsp4adn2si.jpg

The Villas lobby area
IMG_8094_zpsfqcsrhu8.jpg

IMG_8092_zps182pxtlo.jpg

IMG_8091_zpsdng7jm0o.jpg

IMG_8095_zpsz20dk1rt.jpg

IMG_8429_zpszrxz6lao.jpg

Wow! Your room is gorgeous! I could live there! Thanks for posting pics.

Thanks for the info on the construction not being finished yet. We arrive in just over three weeks and I can't wait.

We have a refurb also at Animal Kingdom Kidani before we get to BCV. So I am hoping the BCV is 100% by the time we get there.

We didn't really hear any noise, just saw a few rooms with doors left slightly ajar using the lock do hickey, carts with tools in the hallway and some construction people coming and going. I think it was mainly finishing touches going on. The rooms that are not done had a piece of tape over the lock and plastic in front of the doorway. One day there was a stackable washer-dryer sitting outside one of them. Everything smelled fresh and new. Fresh paint and wood smell, etc...

We didn't really hear any noise, just saw a few rooms with doors left slightly ajar using the lock do hickey, carts with tools in the hallway and some construction people coming and going. I think it was mainly finishing touches going on. The rooms that are not done had a piece of tape over the lock and plastic in front of the doorway. One day there was a stackable washer-dryer sitting outside one of them. Everything smelled fresh and new. Fresh paint and wood smell, etc...

Thanks for that info. We splurged to get a 1 BR with it being the anniversary part of our trip.

Well, today I was poking around on MDE and it appears that our Oct. Magicbands have shipped and now we can customize out Christmas trip one already, but geez to think that white stuff will be coming down in about 6 to 8 weeks

Headed to Beaches and Cream tonight for dinner, any suggestions on what to get?

I have never had a meal there (deep dark not-so-secret) :duck: but my husband and I have a reservation to eat there in October. I think we are planning on the tomato soup and 6 cheese grilled cheese and probably a No Way Jose.

Here is all the info about Beaches & Cream, including reviews from Page 1, Post 7 (Dining post)

BeachesandCreamentrance-1.jpg

Beaches and Cream is situated between the Yacht Club and Beach Club and is a classic ice cream parlor serving burgers and ice cream (and more)!
Please note: Until recently (sometime in 2014), this dining location was walk-up only. The restaurant now takes Advanced Dining Reservations and since this location has limited seating, the availability of walk-in dining here is very low.

Beaches and Cream Menu

Beaches and Cream Take Out Menu Board

BeachesandCreamtable-1.jpg
KitchenSinkkatesdad-1.jpg

Thank you to MsCoz2000 and to an anonymous poster for the Beaches and Cream photos!

This just in!

July 2016

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club has added 3 varieties of loaded French fries to the menu, including Gravy (Poutine), Cheese and Bacon and Chili Cheese. Read about it below.

Loaded French Fries added to Beaches & Cream Menu

March 2016

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guinness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Adult Milkshakes at Beaches & Cream, Disney Food Blog

According to recent guests, a gluten-free version of the Kitchen Sink is now offered.

Breaking News! Two additional versions of the Kitchen Sink- Neapolitan and Chocolate Lovers- in addition to the original. Read all about it in the post from Disney Food Blog below

Chocolate Lovers Kitchen Sink: 3 scoops chocolate ice cream, 3 scoops cookies and cream, 2 scoops vanilla, 4 brownies, 4 oreos, 2 milky ways, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, white and dark chocolate shavings, and a WHOLE CAN OF WHIP CREAM!!!!!

Neapolitan Kitchen Sink:

Beaches & Cream Kitchen Sink

get mickeystoontown B&C review

Review of Beaches & Cream by missyrose and pixeldust

Review of Beaches & Cream by emmysmommy, August 2013(includes menu)

Review of Beaches & Cream

Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter