Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am 29 days away from BC! On this trip, I am bringing my DD 17, DD12, and my friend. It is a total girls' trip since my husband had to work.

We have stayed at the Poly twice this year, so coming back to BC/YC feels like coming home. We enjoyed the Poly, but we LOVE our Epcot resorts.

I know it sounds crazy, but I can't wait to show my friend all of the really neat things about YC/BC. This is her first trip in 15 years so there will be lots of things that have changed.

Awww, hope you guys have an awesome trip!

staying only 3 days at BC then on to wLV for 3 days. i am rethinking my ADRS because I wanted some more pool time at resort. How are the activities in the afternoon? is it worth it to skip An ADR at Yak and Yeti and just zip back to hotel for some pool time??

for all who have gone with kids what are your experiences?

staying only 3 days at BC then on to wLV for 3 days. i am rethinking my ADRS because I wanted some more pool time at resort. How are the activities in the afternoon? is it worth it to skip An ADR at Yak and Yeti and just zip back to hotel for some pool time??

The kids will never want to leave the pool. :)

I would skip Yak and Yeti and spend time at that gorgeous pool. I got food poisoning from Yak and Yeti in June so I'm a little biased. I don't think you will regret spending time at Stormalong Bay. So relaxing and fun.

Ever since we booked to stay Yacht Club concierge I've followed this thread like a hawk! Now we've had our holiday, and don't have any immediate plans to return to the resort (although we've got 2 more WDW trip planned), I was going to 'unwatch' this thread.....but I just can't bring myself to do it lol!

Ever since we booked to stay Yacht Club concierge I've followed this thread like a hawk! Now we've had our holiday, and don't have any immediate plans to return to the resort (although we've got 2 more WDW trip planned), I was going to 'unwatch' this thread.....but I just can't bring myself to do it lol!

Please stick around. This is where the cool kids hang out!

:cool2:

Last edited:
September 2016 Activities Schedule

Thank you to the guests who posted pictures of schedule while at the resort!

To the person who was asking about Labor Day activities- I didn't see anything specifically listed on the 2nd page of the schedule.

:goodvibes

I'm staying at YC in about three weeks (yippee) and have one annoying question... it seems the refillable mug program is a PITA at YC. Once Hurricane Hannah's is closed, it can be quite the trek over to Marketplace to get a drink it seems. Is this as annoying as I'm envisioning?
It truly depends where your room is located at the YC. If you are the furthest from the YC lobby, it is a trek to the Marketplace to fill mugs at the Marketplace at the BC. Keep in mind, you can get coffee in the morning in the YC lobby, Ale and Compass, until 11:00 a.m., I believe, when Hurricane Hannahs opens. That being said, we always requested a room at YC "close to lobby" so as we had no problem treking over to the Marketplace and back. Enjoy. You'll love it.

Agreed! We came home from BC a week ago today. :( Will be back next August, probably YC if the renos are done or close, but love, love, love this thread and find it is what keeps me going. Everyone here is terrific!

Please stick around. This is where the cool kids hang out!

:cool2:

This is not an easy thread to leave. It's a bit like the mafia, once you join you are always part of the family.

I tried to leave this thread after our first trip to the YC in 2012. I was told I couldn't just leave the thread and so I've stuck around and had the opportunity on all my trips since to meet and hang out with some of the cool kids. All my friends and family now know that I have my "Disney Friends" who are an important part of my life. I met all of my Disney Friends on this thread. :grouphug::banana::banana::banana:

Here!

Great pictures of the false elevator, especially the middle picture that shows both the door and the space behind.

For those who don't know, there are 4 elevator doors in the Beach Club lobby, near the Marketplace, but only 3 are working elevators. The fourth (elevator 1) is a false front. If you go on the other side of the wall, you will see the shelves pictured above. Used to be pay phones there, but it looks like they are gone now.

One of my favorite pieces of BC trivia!

Now I can't remember, but is it the same over on the Yacht Club side?

Thanks for sharing this!

:goodvibes

This is Yacht Club. I thought they were all real over at Beach! We made a point of looking as well!!!

This is not an easy thread to leave. It's a bit like the mafia, once you join you are always part of the family.

I tried to leave this thread after our first trip to the YC in 2012. I was told I couldn't just leave the thread and so I've stuck around and had the opportunity on all my trips since to meet and hang out with some of the cool kids. All my friends and family now know that I have my "Disney Friends" who are an important part of my life. I met all of my Disney Friends on this thread. :grouphug::banana::banana::banana:
I'll just have to stay then :-)

And we are home. Smooth flight back across the pond and only took 7 hours with just a bit of turbulence. I've had a power nap and started the washing. We seemed to have been in Orlando forever when we returned to the airport (guess 3 weeks will do that to you) really seemed as though the first part of the holiday spent on I-Drive was a totally different trip it was so long ago.

Our last night at Yacht Club was when the storm hit. We had diner at Yachtsman and were going to watch fireworks from the bridge but it started to rain really heavy. 5am I was awake wondering what all the banging was about outside and then realised we had a major thunderstorm right over our heads. Thank goodness for those really thick curtains that cut out the lightning!

Last meal was at Captains Grille and was really good, I invited my friend over to help use us credits and then we hit the Beach Club Market Place use up all of my leftover credits.

I will post more pictures when I charge all my electronics back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter