Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
Sadly, we are leaving the BC tomorrow for a week at PORS (Free dining ... like I haven't eaten enough already :faint:). But we do love PORS - usually stay POFQ.
We stayed at POR this past June with the free dining bounce back that we had booked last August when we came to the BC for the Dis meet. :) I hope you enjoy all the free food. :)

We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then!
We usually stay at deluxe resorts but have stayed at POR twice now, both for short stays, and we liked the resort. :) It was nicer than I thought it would be.

Linleedo

DIS Veteran
Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/
Wow! I just clicked on this link ( which I had never seen before). I was amazed that my on-line check-in was incomplete! I'm not sure why? But, I'm thankful for this post. I appreciate the fact that it was posted here.

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
Went into Epcot tonight at 7:00pm. We walked in through IG (very smooth / quick) - still went through metal detector. We went to Japan to shop (DD17 has to have at least an hour in here once a trip). At 8:10 we went to Italy for a signature dessert party put on by our TA group. It started at 8:30pm. It was so nice! Tables / table cloths, chairs, lovely center pieces with Mickey gloves and light up wands (I won a center piece! The trivia question was 'How many countries are in the world showcase?'), lemonade/water/tea/champagne/cider, blue velvet cupcakes, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, cookies, a chocolate square, key lime tarts and lovely fresh fruit. The desserts were simple but nice. There were also glow sticks on our tables. We were given special 'mickey' glasses - so cool! When the fireworks went off, there were cascades of Mickey heads everywhere. BTW, when the heck did Illuminations change? I really liked it, but I expected the old show lol, so I was confused for a minute:rotfl:. Then, when Illuminations (so beautiful) was over, we were told we were being given a magical moment. We followed a CM from Italy, all the way to Soarin'. So even though the park was closed at 9:00pm, we got on Soarin' about 9:40pm. This was a night we will remember! Finally, we walked back to BC (have I said how happy I am to have finally found the secret passage way ... aka air conditioned path to the lobby) and collapsed in our room! Tomorrow morning we have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and hopefully a swim in SAB. We've used SAB every day of our trip. The sand bottom feels so nice on my feet. I'm going to miss SAB. Then we will move to PORS for a week ... I will likely try to continue to post from that thread. Thanks to all of you for reading my posts! Hope your upcoming trips are magical :wave:
Question for you BC pro's ... can I buy the shower curtain anywhere? I'd love to have one of these for home.

• MarkE83

Mouseketeer
    It was quite hot today, wasn't it! We needed to cool down in the worst way...

Blood orange / minty pineapple margaritas from cava del tequila :)

Wine flights in Germany...

shots of limoncello and borghetti in Italy...

Red stag slushies, and hard root beer floats in USA...

Sake in Japan...

Cocktails in Morocco...

Nice glass or two of Sauvignon with my beef in Chef de France for dinner....

You get the picture ;)

Whilst I'm thinking of Chef De France- oh my god, the duck is amazing! My brand spanking new wife ordered it, and it was out of this world good. So good in fact that I think we're going to try and fit it in again before we leave, even if it means missing Yachtsman (where there wasn't much on the menu that interested DW anyway). I had the beef tenderloin, so I still get my beef fix either way- I'd like to try yachtsman, but compromising slightly to ensure DW has a great meal isn't a big deal! Happy wife, happy life etc!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thanks for the warm welcome! We are trying to squeeze in a last minute trip Labor Day weekend (Yes, the holiday in 1 week! Haha). Just waiting for my airline points to post tomorrow, so we can try to get some last minute airfares with them. We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then! We were planning on having a park-free trip since we are going in a few months, and I thought SAB might be a good choice since we plan on spending almost all the time at the pool. I have a 1 and 4 yo, so I thought there was something for each of them at SAB. I'm torn between CL at YC versus a standard room at GF since that's the only monorail resort we haven't tried. We've never stayed in the Boardwalk area, so new is exciting too! I'm rambling haha
    Both are good choices for resort only trips, but for a Labor Day trip, the kids will have so much fun in the pool- there is the shallow sand area and also the amazing kiddie pool and slide hidden behind the stairs of the big slide. Check out the pictures in Post 3.

I keep forgetting if the nearest playground is at Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin. Help, someone!

And you can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations and Hollywood Studios from various places around the resort. Read over Post 13 and Post 14 for a good overview of the resort.

:goodvibes

flav

Loving My Ears
    Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?
    We used the shampoo and conditionner (3 of us with find long straight hair) and did not regret leaving the shampoo bottle home.

flav

Loving My Ears
    Sorry, too busy enjoying our relax trip to write reviews of our wonderful time here. :oops:Will do when we are back home ::yes:: Leaving tomorrow.

In short, everything is perfect except a minuscule thing (sorry if :offtopic:):
    Uneven amout of pixie dusting between siblings is blowing a bit of magic out of my DD who turned 11y.o.

I explain: On her Birthday, restaurant did not acknowledge DD11 (the reasonable, accomodating big sister) even if she was wearing her button and a note was on the reservation. We got a call from Minnie in our room though, resort has been great. So I called the next morning to add a note to our night restaurant reservation without telling her, still nothing. Then, two days later it is DD8 and 3/4 celebration and she gets treats from carts, a candle at dinner and a call as well. So I tried once more mentioning DD11 at a restaurant last night. She gets a happy birthay from the waiter, but no candles, no fuss... Worst than nothing because now she knows they knew. Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Do you have any ideas at how Mickey could show her that he does not love her less because she turned 11?

• flav

Loving My Ears

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    I keep forgetting if the nearest playground is at Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin. Help, someone!

:goodvibes
    There's a playground located on the back part of the "beach" between the Swan/Dolphin. The least confusing way to access it would be to use the path that goes by the Swan pool. It's just at the end of that before you actually get to the Dolphin "beach".

• Pinkgirl

DIS Veteran
    Went into Epcot tonight at 7:00pm. We walked in through IG (very smooth / quick) - still went through metal detector. We went to Japan to shop (DD17 has to have at least an hour in here once a trip). At 8:10 we went to Italy for a signature dessert party put on by our TA group. It started at 8:30pm. It was so nice! Tables / table cloths, chairs, lovely center pieces with Mickey gloves and light up wands (I won a center piece! The trivia question was 'How many countries are in the world showcase?'), lemonade/water/tea/champagne/cider, blue velvet cupcakes, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, cookies, a chocolate square, key lime tarts and lovely fresh fruit. The desserts were simple but nice. There were also glow sticks on our tables. We were given special 'mickey' glasses - so cool! When the fireworks went off, there were cascades of Mickey heads everywhere. BTW, when the heck did Illuminations change? I really liked it, but I expected the old show lol, so I was confused for a minute:rotfl:. Then, when Illuminations (so beautiful) was over, we were told we were being given a magical moment. We followed a CM from Italy, all the way to Soarin'. So even though the park was closed at 9:00pm, we got on Soarin' about 9:40pm. This was a night we will remember! Finally, we walked back to BC (have I said how happy I am to have finally found the secret passage way ... aka air conditioned path to the lobby) and collapsed in our room! Tomorrow morning we have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and hopefully a swim in SAB. We've used SAB every day of our trip. The sand bottom feels so nice on my feet. I'm going to miss SAB. Then we will move to PORS for a week ... I will likely try to continue to post from that thread. Thanks to all of you for reading my posts! Hope your upcoming trips are magical :wave:
    Question for you BC pro's ... can I buy the shower curtain anywhere? I'd love to have one of these for home.
    We were in Japan just before you. DD picked a pearl for her upcoming birthday and she got a perfect twins. We then walked past your dessert party whilst finding a good spot for Illuminations (we were impressed that you had tables and chairs). I was also confused with the change to Illuminations lol.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Great question...

I checked my sources: Disney Resort Collection at the Disney Store, "Own the Magic" and I googled combinations of Disney/Beach Club/Mickey/bubble shower curtains and the only thing I came up with was a shower curtain (shell design) from BCV on eBay.

Look through the materials in the folder in your room and/or ask at the front desk.

Good luck!

Today I am ending all my posts with paw:

Go Wildcats!

paw:

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    We were in Japan just before you. DD picked a pearl for her upcoming birthday and she got a perfect twins. We then walked past your dessert party whilst finding a good spot for Illuminations (we were impressed that you had tables and chairs). I was also confused with the change to Illuminations lol.
    'Small World' lol :wave2: Yes, the chairs were the biggest plus of the dessert party for us. And the lovely breeze last night was refreshing! Nice weather for Disney. Congrats on twin pearls. That's rare ... make for a nice set of earrings:-)

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Sorry, too busy enjoying our relax trip to write reviews of our wonderful time here. :oops:Will do when we are back home ::yes:: Leaving tomorrow.

In short, everything is perfect except a minuscule thing (sorry if :offtopic:):
    Uneven amout of pixie dusting between siblings is blowing a bit of magic out of my DD who turned 11y.o.

I explain: On her Birthday, restaurant did not acknowledge DD11 (the reasonable, accomodating big sister) even if she was wearing her button and a note was on the reservation. We got a call from Minnie in our room though, resort has been great. So I called the next morning to add a note to our night restaurant reservation without telling her, still nothing. Then, two days later it is DD8 and 3/4 celebration and she gets treats from carts, a candle at dinner and a call as well. So I tried once more mentioning DD11 at a restaurant last night. She gets a happy birthay from the waiter, but no candles, no fuss... Worst than nothing because now she knows they knew. Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Do you have any ideas at how Mickey could show her that he does not love her less because she turned 11?
    If it was me I'd either secretly order and pay for some in room treats (chocolate Mickey type thing) or call at front desk and explain your dilemma and ask them if it's possible to have balloons/card/or treats you buy from the store delivered to the room while you are out at dinner tonight. I know we have gotten signed photos and balloons weighted with a chocolate bar in the past. We didn't ask for them but it's worth a try especially if you're willing to pay for the treats :)

Last edited:

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
    Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!
    Thanks for your review! My 12 yo DS is not a huge fan of WDW, mainly because he doesn't like to ride. :sad2: BUT he does love sports! So this seems like a great place to go one night "for him."

...Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

I don't have any suggestions, but poor sweet girl. That makes my heart hurt for her.:guilty:

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
    Hi leaving Sunday for our stay @ BC! Few questions for those who are there or recently left.

Are Cases of water still available for purchase at the marketplace?
    Does Marketplace have no pulp OJ? (anyone know if its sold at the parks as well? My daughter pretty much lives on OJ mixed with water).
    Bus stop news? Did they move BCs Bus Stop to convention center?
    Aaaannnnd what are you Floridians hearing about Invest99L?

Thanks!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS