Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
Back at BC for a rest / swim. This morning, after our Crescent Lake walk (btw we got our coffee :coffee: on our walk at Boardwalk Bakery at 6:30am because Marketplace isn't open for beverages until 7:00am) we headed to Epcot. Woke up DD's then were in line for Epcot at 7:40am. Today is EMH at Epcot. Bag check didn't start until 8:00am, so we weren't through bag check/metal detectors/magic band scan until 8:10am. Everyone was sent through the metal detectors again and even if you didn't have a bag, you still had to stay in the same line as people with bags. We walked to Frozen Ever After (nice pace, enjoying our surroundings and most people around us were the same). Rode standby (20 min wait tops), then went to see Anna and Elsa (5 min wait posted, but walked right in). We have never met them before and the character interaction was great. They were in role and so enjoyable to meet. We then walked to to SOAT and walked on (it was just 9:00am at this time). Next we did Soarin' (30 min standby tops), followed by Spaceship Earth (FP) and Mission Space (FP) and Ellen's Energy Adventure (I know most people don't like it, :duck: but we do. Plus, it was cool and we needed a rest and I think the rumors are that it might not be around too much longer). Finally we used our Test Track FP, then walked to Mexico (and did the boat ride in Mexico). From here, we split up at 12:15. DH and DD17 went to Le Cellier for poutine, cheddar beer soup and mussels. DD14 and I went to Via Napoli. I LOVED it! We've been twice before and I've always been 'meh' about it. I go each year because DD14 loves it, but this trip it was so good. I had a margherita individual pizza while DD14 had the individual white pizza and we shared. We both had a blood orange fresca and it was so refreshing. Now I'm looking forward to going again next year:goodvibes We also had a popcorn refill (1/2 buffalo chicken and 1/2 sour cream) and a stop in Germany at Karamel Kuche (milk chocolate sea salt caramel square, rice crispy square, caramel apple - had them all cut so we could share them this afternoon in our room). After a rest (perhaps nap) we will go to SAB. We are back at Epcot this evening for a night in the world showcase and Illuminations :woohoo:.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
Love the details! I just realized that when we go in October 2017, it will be during the playoffs and we may need to stop by ESPN for some dinner and baseball! ( especially if the Nats, Mets, or Yankees are playing) How was the food?
During major sporting events, there is a big screen set up outside.

They do offer a 10% discount for AP, DVC, and Disney Visa cardholders and a 20% discount for TIW.

• OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    If you ever decide to walk the other way then you can pick up your coffee at the Ale and Compass at the YC. :)

That is good information about the Frozen ride during EMH. And we like Ellen, too. :)

Where did you buy your refillable popcorn bucket? It sounds like a great deal.
    Thanks for letting me know about the Ale and Compass. I know where it is, but I didn't know it was open earlier for coffee. I need my coffee as soon as I roll out of bed lol. I was kind of surprised I couldn't get it before 7:00am, so good to know I can walk to Yacht Club:thanks:

We bought the refillable popcorn bucket at MK on August 19th and have had 9 refills! @ 1.50 each. All four of us like popcorn, so we share it. It's refillable in all four parks. I have heard it might only be something they do until September 1st (we leave September 2nd, so ok for us). Hopefully they will extend it. It's been great value. You can buy the buckets at all four parks (ours says MK because that's where we purchased it). They are themed for whatever park you purchase them in but good at all 4. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

floridadream

Mouseketeer
    Help! Here now- what's the quickest way to HDDR? We're willing to take a taxi to fort wilderness but do we need to take another bus once we get there? Just looking for the quickest way- TIA!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Help! Here now- what's the quickest way to HDDR? We're willing to take a taxi to fort wilderness but do we need to take another bus once we get there? Just looking for the quickest way- TIA!
    If you take a taxi then you would have to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. But it isn't a long bus ride. I would count on a 15 minute taxi ride and a fifteen minute bus ride. Just don't take the MK bus to the FW boat. We did that for Trail's End dinner and it took forever. :(

• floridadream

Mouseketeer
    If you take a taxi then you would have to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. But it isn't a long bus ride. I would count on a 15 minute taxi ride and a fifteen minute bus ride. Just don't take the MK bus to the FW boat. We did that for Trail's End dinner and it took forever. :(
    Thank you!

• tgarre06

Mouseketeer
    Lifejackets at SAB: what parts of SAB don't allow them? My 4 yo loves to go down the slides but still cannot swim, so a life jacket is necessary. TIA!

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
    Back at BC for a rest / swim. This morning, after our Crescent Lake walk (btw we got our coffee :coffee: on our walk at Boardwalk Bakery at 6:30am because Marketplace isn't open for beverages until 7:00am) we headed to Epcot. Woke up DD's then were in line for Epcot at 7:40am. Today is EMH at Epcot. Bag check didn't start until 8:00am, so we weren't through bag check/metal detectors/magic band scan until 8:10am. Everyone was sent through the metal detectors again and even if you didn't have a bag, you still had to stay in the same line as people with bags. We walked to Frozen Ever After (nice pace, enjoying our surroundings and most people around us were the same). Rode standby (20 min wait tops), then went to see Anna and Elsa (5 min wait posted, but walked right in). We have never met them before and the character interaction was great. They were in role and so enjoyable to meet. We then walked to to SOAT and walked on (it was just 9:00am at this time). Next we did Soarin' (30 min standby tops), followed by Spaceship Earth (FP) and Mission Space (FP) and Ellen's Energy Adventure (I know most people don't like it, :duck: but we do. Plus, it was cool and we needed a rest and I think the rumors are that it might not be around too much longer). Finally we used our Test Track FP, then walked to Mexico (and did the boat ride in Mexico). From here, we split up at 12:15. DH and DD17 went to Le Cellier for poutine, cheddar beer soup and mussels. DD14 and I went to Via Napoli. I LOVED it! We've been twice before and I've always been 'meh' about it. I go each year because DD14 loves it, but this trip it was so good. I had a margherita individual pizza while DD14 had the individual white pizza and we shared. We both had a blood orange fresca and it was so refreshing. Now I'm looking forward to going again next year:goodvibes We also had a popcorn refill (1/2 buffalo chicken and 1/2 sour cream) and a stop in Germany at Karamel Kuche (milk chocolate sea salt caramel square, rice crispy square, caramel apple - had them all cut so we could share them this afternoon in our room). After a rest (perhaps nap) we will go to SAB. We are back at Epcot this evening for a night in the world showcase and Illuminations :woohoo:.
    First let me say I'm loving your here now posts. Wow, it really sounds like ya'll got loads of stuff done before lunch, I'm tired just reading it. Ya'll are really taking advantage of the pop corn bucket. Wish they would keep it.

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    First let me say I'm loving your here now posts. Wow, it really sounds like ya'll got loads of stuff done before lunch, I'm tired just reading it. Ya'll are really taking advantage of the pop corn bucket. Wish they would keep it.
    Thank you for your kind words. I think that this Yacht and Beach Club thread has given me the best information over the last couple of years and I'm trying to return the information now:-) I think that the information I've received here is the reason we're able to plan / get so much done. We go to Disney once a year, so we want to make the best of it. It is also a friendly thread - I've never been worried about asking a question here. Sadly, we are leaving the BC tomorrow for a week at PORS (Free dining ... like I haven't eaten enough already :faint:). But we do love PORS - usually stay POFQ. And yes, the popcorn bucket has been awesome!
    Off to Epcot in a few minutes! Will try to report back tonight:goodvibes

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Lifejackets at SAB: what parts of SAB don't allow them? My 4 yo loves to go down the slides but still cannot swim, so a life jacket is necessary. TIA!
    :welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As far as I know, guests can wear lifejackets in any part of Stormalong Bay, including on the Jib Slide. The issue with the slide is that parents can't wait immediately at the slide end for kids. The kids are supposed to swim away from the exit of the slide.

Here is part of the info from Post 3 on Page 1 of this thread. Post 2 is all about SAB and Post 3 is about the slide, kiddie pool and quiet pools.

* Please note that adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide.

FAQ: Are children permitted to wear floatation devices on the Jib Slide?
    A: Yes, subject to the life guard's discretion.

:fish:

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
    Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!
    Your DD14 sounds like me, ordering sides for dinner, and my DD, for loving carbs! Thanks for the info. The only thing we ever had there was beer on NYrs Eve 2009. :)

tgarre06

Mouseketeer
    :welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As far as I know, guests can wear lifejackets in any part of Stormalong Bay, including on the Jib Slide. The issue with the slide is that parents can't wait immediately at the slide end for kids. The kids are supposed to swim away from the exit of the slide.

Here is part of the info from Post 3 on Page 1 of this thread. Post 2 is all about SAB and Post 3 is about the slide, kiddie pool and quiet pools.

* Please note that adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide.

FAQ: Are children permitted to wear floatation devices on the Jib Slide?
    A: Yes, subject to the life guard's discretion.

:fish:
    Thanks for the warm welcome! We are trying to squeeze in a last minute trip Labor Day weekend (Yes, the holiday in 1 week! Haha). Just waiting for my airline points to post tomorrow, so we can try to get some last minute airfares with them. We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then! We were planning on having a park-free trip since we are going in a few months, and I thought SAB might be a good choice since we plan on spending almost all the time at the pool. I have a 1 and 4 yo, so I thought there was something for each of them at SAB. I'm torn between CL at YC versus a standard room at GF since that's the only monorail resort we haven't tried. We've never stayed in the Boardwalk area, so new is exciting too! I'm rambling haha

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
    Actually, we hope that it will be the Cubs who will playing. ;) Your post reminds me that I need to check the playoff schedule. We stayed in a 2br BC villa when the Bears were in the playoffs and we spent the afternoon watching the game in the living room of the villa with the extended family. That was fun.
    I think the Cubs have an excellent chance this year! If the Nats don't make it out of the 1st round, I will be rooting for the Cubbies. :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS