Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

pd1138

Mouseketeer
We have watched the Star Wars fireworks on the path from DHS! We also watched the high fireworks from the show just outside the gate of the secret entrance! We have been so lucky this week with the weather, stayed for illuminations at EP on Sunday night, did the Star Wars fireworks right in front of the Chinese theater at HS on tuesday night, and did the night time safari and EE last night at AK! Tomorrow hoping to stay for MK's night entertainment. Staying until closing at EP and HS is so easy while staying at the BC. We just walk back to our room, no waiting with the crowds for bus transportation. We started skipping the boat as the last three boats we were on did not have air conditioning. We did take a taxi just outside the BC lobby this morning for typhoon lagoon. I was told a bus would come, but we may not get there in time for park open as the Disney springs bus doesn't start running until 8:30. It worked out. Wish we took a cab back to BC since it took one hour fifteen minutes with leaving the park at closing and then the transfer at Disney springs.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
I have updated the Be Our Guest list this morning with lots of additions/changes. Please take a moment to make sure I have your information listed correctly. There are quite a few guests, especially for 2017 without specific dates. Post your actual dates if you want me to add them. Or not. Up to you!

:goodvibes

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Please add us to Be Our Guest!! :yay::woohoo:Got our plans all finalized and airfare purchased for our split stay in October!! 10/26-10/28 at POFQ then moving over to BCV 10/28-11/1. Can't wait for SAB, F&W and MNSSHP!! Might need to stop by Basin at Disney Springs for a bath bomb to use in those awesome new soaking tubs in the villas. Anyone know if the Birnbaum guide has a Basin coupon this year?
:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Booked 2 rooms at the YC GV for our October 2017 trip! Changed start date to coincide with beginning of Fall season,
(saving a little), so our new dates are 10/15-10/22
It's so exciting to see it on MDE. I hated seeing "You have no resort reservations"
So, we have our park tickets, bought just before last price increase, and guaranteed Epcot stay for F&W! I will eventually start trying for a 2BR villa at BC or BW, but I am really happy to have this done. 417 days!!
You must be relieved to have something booked!

:woohoo:

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 642-644, Live and Just Back Reports:

Thanks for sharing your trips with us!

:banana::banana::banana:

Sleep in day today (just teens). DH and I got up and had coffee from Marketplace, then walked into Epcot. Arrived at IG at 8:30am and were let in at 8:40am. We didn't have a bag but still had to go through the bag line; we went through metal detectors - might have sent everyone through - I didn't notice for sure. We had a plan! Instead of our morning walk around Crescent Lake, we decided to walk to Soarin'. We arrived at Soarin' by 8:50am and were off ride by 9:15am so we decided to ride Living with the Land (walk on). Then we walked back to Beach Club but decided to stop in France for pastries!:hyper: It was a last minute idea, but a great idea! :thumbsup2We bought a Napoleon and giant strawberry cream tart. When we arrived back at the room at 10:15am, we woke up the lazy teens - they couldn't believe what we were having for breakfast! Treats from France and cupcakes from DHS (bought butterfinger and peanut butter cupcakes yesterday but too full to eat them, so they spent the night in the fridge). Best breakfast ever:love: Today's plan is a relaxing morning / early afternoon at resort, swimming at SAB, then later on going into DHS. Probably ESPN for dinner tonight. Have I said how much I love it here? :worship: Lol

Just a couple notes for those interested:
    Marketplace has cup carriers (like the trays at McDonalds for drinks)
    Refillable popcorn bucket is great. popcorn:: We bought it our first park day and have gotten 7 refills so far - our family is definitely getting value out of this offer. We have even gotten flavoured popcorn from The Land (buffalo chicken/blue cheese and sour cream/chives)

Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:
    Bus stop moved to the convention centre today - we are at BC but our AK bus had to go back to YC after BC as the driver had missed the stop as he didn't know it had moved! On the way back from AK our driver got confused - she must have known the stop had moved do she didn't take the first YC turn and tried to take the second but the barrier didn't go up so she went on the wrong side then had to drive round the car park! The turn wasn't wide enough so she hit the kerb as threw a few kids around as the bus was packed! I was all for telling her to drop us there and we'd walk but she made it round eventually!
    THANKS!

We have watched the Star Wars fireworks on the path from DHS! We also watched the high fireworks from the show just outside the gate of the secret entrance! We have been so lucky this week with the weather, stayed for illuminations at EP on Sunday night, did the Star Wars fireworks right in front of the Chinese theater at HS on tuesday night, and did the night time safari and EE last night at AK! Tomorrow hoping to stay for MK's night entertainment. Staying until closing at EP and HS is so easy while staying at the BC. We just walk back to our room, no waiting with the crowds for bus transportation. We started skipping the boat as the last three boats we were on did not have air conditioning. We did take a taxi just outside the BC lobby this morning for typhoon lagoon. I was told a bus would come, but we may not get there in time for park open as the Disney springs bus doesn't start running until 8:30. It worked out. Wish we took a cab back to BC since it took one hour fifteen minutes with leaving the park at closing and then the transfer at Disney springs.

Just back from a full day at Hollywood Studios. We did most things but have a half day planned to do things we missed. Now this was a full day but we have decided that the park does not have enough for another full day. The best bit of Star Wars for us was the march of the storm troopers. We've cancelled Mama Melrose and snagged a reservation at Flying Fish.

Scott you should be proud of us.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I'm looking at this image without paying attention to who posted it and I'm thinking "Why is my home made iced tea in this picture? That's really weird... " and then the brain kicked in and without looking I realize it's Dee who posted the picture and I remember the moment...

~NM
    :rotfl2:

This might have helped- I posted a cropped version of the photo. The original included part of you...

DSCF9326.JPG

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I am playing around with the FAQ posting for entering EPCOT through the IG prior to WS opening time.

Who can help me with the wording for Frozen? Is that open at 9 am (or 8 am EMH) when Future World opens? I seem to think so but I really haven't been paying attention.

Are guests directed through UK, Canada and towards Mexico to get there?

Here is what I have posted now. If anyone has any suggestions about how to better or more correctly word this, let me know.

::yes::

How do I enter EPCOT at rope drop/park opening?

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to 11 am (official World Showcase opening time) should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and past Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way to guide you.

Frozen Ever After...

Note: Starting in 2013, the French bakery is now open at 9 am when EPCOT opens, so you also have the opportunity to stop there in the morning for a treat.

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall or Garden Grill, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway or head into Future World to get to the Land building.

However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, marathon runners or for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi or Uber from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    I did on line check in on Monday at my 60 day window. However, I was never offered the drop down list of options for requests. Next to requests it simply said "listed". I have called in a request but I have never seen or heard of this happening to anyone. Any one know whats up?

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    I did on line check in on Monday at my 60 day window. However, I was never offered the drop down list of options for requests. Next to requests it simply said "listed". I have called in a request but I have never seen or heard of this happening to anyone. Any one know whats up?
    If you hit the "show details" button at the bottom of this section, you will be able to make/edit your requests. I had to play with this for quite a while the other night myself! :)

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/

mars315

Mouseketeer
    I have updated the Be Our Guest list this morning with lots of additions/changes. Please take a moment to make sure I have your information listed correctly. There are quite a few guests, especially for 2017 without specific dates. Post your actual dates if you want me to add them. Or not. Up to you!

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:welcome: back!

:cool1:

You must be relieved to have something booked!

Dee, I can't believe how much work you do on this site! I just looked at the Be Our Guest list and saw my name along with the cute kissing emojis that you put for our anniversary. Then I saw YOUR upcoming stay in October and YOUR 30th anniversary! Congratulations! Wow, that is an accomplishment! When I was in my twenties I thought people who had been married 30 years were so old, but now, as I am sure you know, we are actually quite young! Really still kids at heart! My DH and I honeymooned at the Polynesian. When we get to WDW next month we are spending two nights at the Poly CL, but then moving to our favorite area, Crescent Lake! We have stayed BC, YC and BWI many times and we love them all. I was able to secure the best rate at YC and we are just so excited. Can't wait for Food and Wine!!

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
    Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:
    Love the details! I just realized that when we go in October 2017, it will be during the playoffs and we may need to stop by ESPN for some dinner and baseball! ( especially if the Nats, Mets, or Yankees are playing) How was the food?

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    Thanks Dee
    Katesdad

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    If you hit the "show details" button at the bottom of this section, you will be able to make/edit your requests. I had to play with this for quite a while the other night myself! :)
    Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/
    Thanks. I just did it again & I found the " Edit Details" button. All set

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, marathon runners or for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi or Uber from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.
    Dee - Disney runs a special bus service on race mornings. The buses pick up at each resort for both runners and spectators who need to get to the race area before the park opens. Disney posts signs near the International Gateway and in the lobbies of the Epcot resorts, warning people that they will not be able to walk through Epcot prior to park opening.

Love the details! I just realized that when we go in October 2017, it will be during the playoffs and we may need to stop by ESPN for some dinner and baseball! ( especially if the Nats, Mets, or Yankees are playing) How was the food?
    Actually, we hope that it will be the Cubs who will playing. ;) Your post reminds me that I need to check the playoff schedule. We stayed in a 2br BC villa when the Bears were in the playoffs and we spent the afternoon watching the game in the living room of the villa with the extended family. That was fun.

disneydacey

Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'
    Checking in to our first first stay at Beach Club Villas in 49 days!!!! Going to start online check in. What are everyones favorite room requests?

Smile&Nod

Mouseketeer
    page 627

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming trip or are you just following along and hanging with the cool kids?

These are great pictures. I will use them to replace the ones I have for the Secret Exit- my pictures are ancient, so I think an updating of the post is in order.

:magnify:

:wave:

A smart man!

Glad to hear we have another convert!

:thumbsup2
    January 2017 is my next BCV trip - down for marathon weekend. Heading for a split stay at Poly Villas and OKW in about 10 days! BCV is my home resort and I love it - have to get my fix somehow so lurking here and hearing about everyone else's trips helps!

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS