Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
Great start to your morning!

I didn't know The Land (Sunshine Seasons?) had flavored popcorn.

Last August, one of our monkeys took us on a field trip to the Imagination area because of this:

View attachment 189600
Yes, that's the place we get our flavoured popcorn from ... sorry for being misleading:-) I just call everything near Soarin' 'The Land'. This is the best, most addicting popcorn ever!

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?

We are here now. They have H20 grapefruit shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel - 4 small bottles left on bathroom counter daily (one bottle of each). Also 2 bars of soap. I would say that the conditioner is fine (you might want to ask for an extra bottle or two from housekeeping) and the lotion smells nice, but I prefer my own lotion (deep Vaseline moisturizer). I really do like the smell of these products, and I like that it's separate shampoo and conditioner :-)

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Yes. As @Wood Nymph said in your own thread and @natebenma said here, they are just about done.
    We rely on reports of current guests and the recent reports are that they are just about done. If there is any impact it would be minimal.
    Good Luck

Caseystigger

Pirate Princess
    Please add us to Be Our Guest!! :yay::woohoo:Got our plans all finalized and airfare purchased for our split stay in October!! 10/26-10/28 at POFQ then moving over to BCV 10/28-11/1. Can't wait for SAB, F&W and MNSSHP!! Might need to stop by Basin at Disney Springs for a bath bomb to use in those awesome new soaking tubs in the villas. Anyone know if the Birnbaum guide has a Basin coupon this year?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
    We are here now. They have H20 grapefruit shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel - 4 small bottles left on bathroom counter daily (one bottle of each). Also 2 bars of soap. I would say that the conditioner is fine (you might want to ask for an extra bottle or two from housekeeping) and the lotion smells nice, but I prefer my own lotion (deep Vaseline moisturizer). I really do like the smell of these products, and I like that it's separate shampoo and conditioner :-)
    Thank you!

• bluecastle

DIS Veteran
    Booked 2 rooms at the YC GV for our October 2017 trip! Changed start date to coincide with beginning of Fall season,
    (saving a little), so our new dates are 10/15-10/22
    It's so exciting to see it on MDE. I hated seeing "You have no resort reservations"
    So, we have our park tickets, bought just before last price increase, and guaranteed Epcot stay for F&W! I will eventually start trying for a 2BR villa at BC or BW, but I am really happy to have this done. 417 days!!

Last edited:

sarahb74

Mouseketeer
    Bus stop moved to the convention centre today - we are at BC but our AK bus had to go back to YC after BC as the driver had missed the stop as he didn't know it had moved! On the way back from AK our driver got confused - she must have known the stop had moved do she didn't take the first YC turn and tried to take the second but the barrier didn't go up so she went on the wrong side then had to drive round the car park! The turn wasn't wide enough so she hit the kerb as threw a few kids around as the bus was packed! I was all for telling her to drop us there and we'd walk but she made it round eventually!

Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    Great start to your morning!

I didn't know The Land (Sunshine Seasons?) had flavored popcorn.

Last August, one of our monkeys took us on a field trip to the Imagination area because of this:

View attachment 189600
    I'm looking at this image without paying attention to who posted it and I'm thinking "Why is my home made iced tea in this picture? That's really weird... " and then the brain kicked in and without looking I realize it's Dee who posted the picture and I remember the moment...

~NM

• OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:

deedeezee

Mouseketeer
    Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:
    Can I ask where you watched? Planning our trip for October and have no idea where we could watch SW fireworks or illuminations. (First time at the BC!) I welcome hearing from those with words of wisdom!

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
    I love the h2o stuff from BC. I have a lot of long hair so I always ask for extra. This time, mousekeeping left me a big ole plastic bag filled with many many extras. (The blue soap was from our stay at POR. I asked for extras there but only got one or two more bottles.) The following picture is what we came home with after using them for almost a week.

~Cari~ pluto:

pld5

DIS Veteran
    Returned yesterday from a great trip to the Beach Club 8/19 to 8/23. We booked a water view room Club Level and received our Room Ready text while on Magical Express at 9:30 am on 8/19. Our room was 5719 and was pretty far from the lounge but overlooked Stormalong Bay and we could even see some of the Hollywood Studios fireworks at night. I'm still figuring out how to post pictures on the Disboards but if any of you are on facebook and are on the Mousejunkies page, I've posted pictures there.

My family and I loved the Club Level here and all staff made us feel welcome. Same food offerings as at the Yacht Club where we stayed earlier this summer, but the lounge itself is much larger.

We tried Cape May Café and Yachtsmen Steakhouse as new restaurants for dinner on this trip and had a good experience at Cape May and a GREAT experience at Yachtsmen.

Stormalong Bay provided some much needed relief to the August heat and humidity, and the proximity to Epcot allowed multiple visits to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I celebrated my birthday there on August 21 and spent the morning and afternoon at Magic Kingdom and thoroughly enjoyed all of the birthday wishes granted to me by all who saw my bedazzled birthday button (courtesy of the Club Level staff).

My family has now stayed at 4 Deluxe resorts ( WL, YC, BWI and BC) and could definitely see a return to BC in our future.

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    Can I ask where you watched? Planning our trip for October and have no idea where we could watch SW fireworks or illuminations. (First time at the BC!) I welcome hearing from those with words of wisdom!
    We sat on a bench outside of Ample Hills Creamery. It was just a coincidence that the star wars fireworks went off (8:45pm) and we sat down right away to watch. We could see the star wars fireworks fairly well. The Illuminations fireworks were tougher to see while we walked back, but we still got a glimpse of them. In the past, we have stopped on the bridge (leaving Boardwalk, heading over to BC) to see Illuminations. We have a fireworks Illuminations dessert party tomorrow night, so we weren't too worried about finding a good viewing spot tonight. You will love the BC - this is our 4th stay and it gets better every time!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    A good spot to watch Illuminations is on the bridge that goes from the BC to the Boardwalk. You can also get a good view from the boat dock, about two thirds down.

You can see the Star Wars fireworks from near the beach at the BC or in front of the Yacht Club. The fireworks go off over the BWI, so make sure you are clear of tress. :) If you feel like taking a little walk then you can walk down the path toward DHS. As soon as you go under the bridge and can see Grauman's Chinese theater clearly, then you will be able to see fireworks. We could also hear the music from that spot when we were there in February, although that was a different SW fireworks show.

Pinkgirl

DIS Veteran
    Just back from a full day at Hollywood Studios. We did most things but have a half day planned to do things we missed. Now this was a full day but we have decided that the park does not have enough for another full day. The best bit of Star Wars for us was the march of the storm troopers. We've cancelled Mama Melrose and snagged a reservation at Flying Fish.

Scott you should be proud of us.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS