Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi there,

You can call to make a request to be near the elevators. However, the Bus Stops and Ferry Launch is not able to request because of their location. Yacht & Beach share the "Friendship Boat Launch" dock at the Lighthouse. The Beach Club bus stops are located near the entrance, just a quick walk over a bridge. Your requests are not guaranteed but thought of.

Enjoy your trip.

Not correct. You can call and request to be near the Bus stop or the Ferry Launch, but they are somewhat contradictory requests. Your best bet is to probably be more generic and request "near Transportation" and see how that works out.
In general, it is always possible to call the main reservation number and put in any request.

Beaches & Cream would require ADRs, but also takes walk ups.
The Beach Club Marketplace has a "cafe" area in the back for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The seating is right outside in the Solarium.

Hope this helps!

Strange way to word the reply here. "would require ADRs, but also takes walk ups". As I read that my first thought is that this is a self contradicting statement.
The fact is that is is very small, and it definitely does require an ADR to sit at a table. However there is also a counter where they do accept walk ups, if available. Those seats are offered to folks with an ADR first however.

There is also a pizza window on the Boardwalk which would not be expensive, and the Fountain at the Dolphin, which is a QS and gets good reviews here.
Good Luck

As most of you probably know, you hit a nerve with the coffee discussion... I do not function at all without coffee, home or away, and my very first post to this thread back in 2009 was "What kind of coffee makers are in the room?" For my class trip stays at All Star Movies, I brought my own coffee maker.

With apologies to Starb$$$cks, I am a Dunkin' girl- I don't want it grande, caramel, mocha or any of that other stuff- just black.

Fun fact- my first job was working at Dunkin' Donuts many, many years ago...

View attachment 188964

Pop and Sis love coffee (cream and sugar) but not fancy stuff. [As for Dunkin', I wish they would bring back Dutch Crumb donuts (my favorite)! Great picture by the way.] Anyway- if they need coffee before the marketplace opens, they use the coffeemaker in the room or wait until I can go get some.

page 633-635

Hi there,

You can call to make a request to be near the elevators. However, the Bus Stops and Ferry Launch is not able to request because of their location. Yacht & Beach share the "Friendship Boat Launch" dock at the Lighthouse. The Beach Club bus stops are located near the entrance, just a quick walk over a bridge. Your requests are not guaranteed but thought of.

Enjoy your trip.

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

Where's a good/cheap place to eat dinner near the beach club. We won't have park tickets or the dining plan our first night.
Can we walk up to beaches and cream?

You can try to walk up to Beaches & Cream and you may get lucky and get a table, but seating is limited so without a reservation, you shouldn't count on it.

As pointed out previously-

The Beach Club Marketplace is an option- sandwiches, flatbreads, salads, grab and go sushi.
Hurricane Hanna's by SAB- burgers, chicken nuggets, sandwiches
The bar at Hurricane Hanna's- last I knew there was a special menu if you sit at the bar
Crew's Cup lounge- AWESOME burgers, lobster rolls, crab cakes interesting appetizers, entrees. No reservations required.

Check out Post 7, Dining on Page 1 of this thread for some info, menus and reviews.

::yes::

Where's a good/cheap place to eat dinner near the beach club. We won't have park tickets or the dining plan our first night.

The Crews Cup Lounge has a delicious Angus burger that used to be only $14.00. The ESPN Club at the Boardwalk has a huge menu. We have shared the nachos appetizer which is only about $15. There is a real counter service restaurant called Picabu's at the Dolphin or Swan, I can never remember. There is also a hot dog cart at the Boardwalk which serves more than just hot dogs.

Beaches and Cream's walk up window does not serve hot food. It is for cones and small things.

I also recommend Crew's Cup
We had a very good lunch at Captain's Grille the other day and I went there with much trepidation. The place is pretty generic though

As far as Teppan Edo, we all enjoyed the setting, food, service, and interaction with the CM's. The only downer was dessert. Few options, none of which appealed to me. Our daughter got vanilla soft serve and I tasted the ginger mousse cake. Blech

Flying Fish was my overall favorite although that was $$$
Tiffins was great for lunch, but the octopus was not good (FF octopus was terrific)
Boma was its typical great
Liberty Tree was a nice surprise
We also enjoyed Olivia's at OKW
Hangar Bar and the Terrace at Trader Sam's get good marks
We did Sunshine Seasons which was pretty nice

I tried a ton of snacks etc I never had. Carrot Cake Cookie, Grapefruit Beer, etc

Requesting a room near the lobby hopefully is near an elevator, bus stops and ferry stop, is that correct? :confused:
We requested a room near the lobby. I think the we are located right above it which means that we have a short walk to get to the Lobby's elevator. From there we are indeed close to transportation. I guess that the following requests would be equivalent: Near the lobby, near transportation, near Marketplace. A bit more precise would be "near the lobby's elevators".

Requesting a room near the lobby hopefully is near an elevator, bus stops and ferry stop, is that correct? :confused:

The YC has elevators in two locations. There is the main elevator just off the lobby and there is an elevator located near the marina area, next to a convenient exit door which is known as the secret entrance for the YC.

If you booked a standard view or a garden view room then requesting a room near the wedding gazebo would give you a nice centrally located room. :)

I'm not sure there's anywhere I would describe as cheap. Disney World tends to have NYC-like prices. I say that as an observation, not a complaint.
I agree with folks who said Crew's Cup. Good food. No ADRs. Reasonably priced (by Disney standards). Also, you might consider a walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery. They have some good sandwiches, and it's take out only. It's close, and you get to scope out the area and get a feel for the distances between the Epcot resorts.

We're not getting the dining plan - but I'm planning to get a refillable mug just for my morning coffee (renting points for BCV so won't have Mousekeeping to replenish our room's "fabulous" coffee).

but... Tomorrow Tomorrow! ADRs tomorrow!! President's week and a split stay. I really need some pixie dust! No one seems to know whether or not I'll be able to make ADRs for our whole trip online, on the phone, or only just the first half - but I'll be ready for all options.

We're not getting the dining plan - but I'm planning to get a refillable mug just for my morning coffee (renting points for BCV so won't have Mousekeeping to replenish our room's "fabulous" coffee).

but... Tomorrow Tomorrow! ADRs tomorrow!! President's week and a split stay. I really need some pixie dust! No one seems to know whether or not I'll be able to make ADRs for our whole trip online, on the phone, or only just the first half - but I'll be ready for all options.

We own at the BCV so we do not get daily coffee refills. What I do, is pack Maxwell House Coffee filter packs in my suitcase. They are coffee and filter all in one. Each one will make a 4 cup pot, which is fine for me. Or you can put 2 filter packs in the coffee maker and make an 8 cup pot if you want. I put them in a large Ziploc and seal it. They travel really well. I have coffee as soon as I get up, don't have to wait for the Marketplace to open, or travel there, and I save the cost of the mug.
Some Walmart's and some general grocery stores carry it. Or you can order it online.
I Googled "Maxwell House Filter Packs" and clicked on the enclosed link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10292686...75035&wl11=online&wl12=10292686&wl13=&veh=sem

Good Luck

Hey Dee, put me down on the BOG list. January 25 - 26 2017 (YC-GV) Going with the Dark Side, my home away from home. Moving off-site for the last three nights of the trip to stay with friends. Saving enough money on that portion of the trip to afford the rack-rate for the two nights at the YC. I'm giving up a really great rate I had at the WL but I know one day I'll be back over there just to say I've stayed there for more than one night.
Thanks
Katesdad

I always bring my favorite ground coffee from home and a supply of basket type filters when staying in a villa (or studio). I'm often awake before the Marketplace opens at 7am and the coffee pot in the room is very convenient. :)

I always bring my favorite ground coffee from home and a supply of basket type filters when staying in a villa (or studio). I'm often awake before the Marketplace opens at 7am and the coffee pot in the room is very convenient. :)

If I'm up before 7, we're all getting dressed and running out the door for RD or an ADR! If it's not an early morning, we will all be asleep - no worries about that one! Plus, I'm one of those weird people who don't drink hot coffee straight from the pot. I'm still nursing my first cup right now, two hours after I made it. I could just bring a mug and make it in the room, but the $17 "splurge" will be my little Disney magic each morning (plus I love using my mugs when I'm home)!

Hey Dee, put me down on the BOG list. January 25 - 26 2017 (YC-GV) Going with the Dark Side, my home away from home. Moving off-site for the last three nights of the trip to stay with friends. Saving enough money on that portion of the trip to afford the rack-rate for the two nights at the YC. I'm giving up a really great rate I had at the WL but I know one day I'll be back over there just to say I've stayed there for more than one night.
Thanks
Katesdad

:welcome: home!

Will do!

:woohoo:

I agree with others' recommendations. The burger at Crew's Cup Lounge is a great choice. The place has very limited seating, though. Menu for Crew's Cup: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/

It's about a five minute walk from the BC over to the Boardwalk and the
ESPN Club. Unless you arrive at a popular dining time or during a big sporting event on TV, or a major vacation period, there is usually no more than a 5-10 minute wait for a table. Besides their very sizeable regular menu, there is also a kids' menu. The food and service are decent, and the seating and environment are comfortable. Their menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/espn-club/menus/

Searching Disney's site will provide other close-by options and menus: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/boardwalk,beach-club-resort/

Last edited:
Florida's idea of an iced coffee is to pour hot coffee over ice. WTH!!! Doing the math here you now have very dilute luke warm coffee. This equals a coffee fail! This coffee is so weak, tasteless and ineffective it's completely useless. You would think in hot and steamy Florida they would embrace the concept of iced coffee but NOOOoooooOOOOooooo....

What Ninja Mom needs is the resort rooms to come equipped with a Cuisinart coffee machine so she can put her Timmies pods in it and make her coffee the night before, stow it in the fridge and have a reason for living in the morning.

Dunkin has been continually slipping in quality and taste lately. For the past couple of months, I've been buying large containers of Starbucks or Stok cold-brewed at the grocery store and making my own at home. I looked at Garden Grocer to see if they could deliver it, but it's not listed on their site. I may have to call down to some friends in the area and see if the grocery stores down there even stock this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter