Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
So it's 6:30 AM here and I'm sound asleep. All of a sudden a little whirlwind enters my room screaming at the top of her lungs "Nanny, Nanny, Nanny, Elena is coming to Disney World and we can see her when we go". I'm still in shock ... my heart is pounding ... scared me to death. But I am definitely excited to see Elena LOL!!! Living with a little Disney Princess is such fun and of course she has taught me to get my priorities straight!

Miss you all!!!!
How soon is your trip again Teena? ENJOY your Lily - Nanny time.
We all miss you a lot.

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• ah10is

DIS Veteran
    Does the Regatta Club have a balcony with tables and chairs that you can use? If so, what is the view from there?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
    Here now at the Regatta Club... 2 tables on the balcony and it over looks the front entrance! Here are a few pics for you!

Attachments

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
    We check in on Friday! I went to do online check in but don't see my request to be near the lobby anywhere on MDE. The travel agent told me she added it and I called the group reservation number myself to request it. Do requests phoned in not appear on MDE? There is also no option to request a day bed in the online check in request drop down menu, seems odd they have pool view and courtyard view as options to choose when I have a standard room booked but no day bed or balcony choice. :confused3

I'm not sure if I should try online check in or wait. :scratchin

• vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
    We check in on Friday! I went to do online check in but don't see my request to be near the lobby anywhere on MDE. The travel agent told me she added it and I called the group reservation number myself to request it. Do requests phoned in not appear on MDE? There is also no option to request a day bed in the online check in request drop down menu, seems odd they have pool view and courtyard view as options to choose when I have a standard room booked but no day bed or balcony choice. :confused3

Your phoned in requests will not show on MDE.

bilnsheldodisney

Mouseketeer
    So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
    I feel your pain - I felt exactly the same way when we did not get our discount for our trip.

• bilnsheldodisney

Mouseketeer
    Sorry that your expectations are not quite being met and I hate to add to that but we requested a clock 3 times this past trip and never got it. We gave up in the end :headache:
    This is one thing on our recent trip that drove me batty. Why would they get rid of the clocks? Didn't even dawn on me to ask for one.

hannahinwales

Mouseketeer
    Checked in yesterday afternoon and got room 4199. Classed as standard view so looking straight ahead I've got rooftop but looking right I've got a bit of Stormalong Bay and the Lake no daybed but there's only two of us.

Can't really fault it so far ... biggest gripe would be distance of the Marketplace in BC for refillable mugs and the fact it doesnt open until 7am. Also for some reason our TV remote won't turn off the TV but will turn it on #firstworldproblems I've got some photos but don't know how to re-size them on an ipad.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Does the Regatta Club have a balcony with tables and chairs that you can use? If so, what is the view from there?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Here now at the Regatta Club... 2 tables on the balcony and it over looks the front entrance! Here are a few pics for you!
    Thank you so much for posting these!!!

I have a picture of the view from the BC CL on Page 1, but I don't have the YC CL and I had no idea about the answer to the question above.

I appreciate the quick response!

:thumbsup2

natebenma

Beach Club Dee

If you are 5 in the room do you usually get a room with a day bed or is it best to call and add that request also? Thank you.
    You are correct, it is silly to have those options for the online checkin since they are view specific. Everyone gets the same list of options and as you have noticed, "Close to Lobby" and "Daybed" are not included as choices. But isn't there a choice of full balcony? [ETA: didn't notice this was for YC, so no option for a balcony choice makes sense]

If you have 5 registered to the room (and everyone is over age 3), you will have priority for a daybed. That is, if a room with a daybed is available for your trip, you should be assigned it before someone who has requested one but has 4 or fewer on their reservation.

You can have your travel agent call and reinforce that you would like a room with a daybed.

::yes::

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Checked in yesterday afternoon and got room 4199. Classed as standard view so looking straight ahead I've got rooftop but looking right I've got a bit of Stormalong Bay and the Lake no daybed but there's only two of us.

Can't really fault it so far ... biggest gripe would be distance of the Marketplace in BC for refillable mugs and the fact it doesnt open until 7am. Also for some reason our TV remote won't turn off the TV but will turn it on #firstworldproblems I've got some photos but don't know how to re-size them on an ipad.
    Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

:drinking1

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
    You are correct, it is silly to have those options for the online checkin since they are view specific. Everyone gets the same list of options and as you have noticed, "Close to Lobby" and "Daybed" are not included as choices. But isn't there a choice of full balcony?

If you have 5 registered to the room (and everyone is over age 3), you will have priority for a daybed. That is, if a room with a daybed is available for your trip, you should be assigned it before someone who has requested one but has 4 or fewer on their reservation.

You can have your travel agent call and reinforce that you would like a room with a daybed.

::yes::
    No, no balcony choice is listed at all (at least for the Yacht Club, maybe it is different for the Beach Club?). They have pool view, courtyard view, ground floor, lower floor, high floor, adjoining rooms, connecting rooms, connecting rooms guaranteed (yes, it's listed twice with one being guaranteed!), 2 queen beds, king bed, baby gate, near elevator. Nothing about being near the lobby, the daybed or balcony, of course all the three things I care about. o_O

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
    Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

:drinking1
    Any chance you can use the refillable mug for iced coffee there or anywhere?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS