Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
Yes, CM told me the mugs are supposed to last for 2 years. You do need to pay the same price as if the mug was new, but at least you would have a handle of that is what you prefer.
Whoops. You are right. Unless it was microwaved or something it should be possible.

• DG-12

Mouseketeer
    Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!

JulieT3

Mouseketeer
    Live from day 2 at the beach club! We started off the day with breakfast at the garden grill in Epcot. The breakfast was really good (especially the warm cinnamon sticky bun!), and it ended up being a perfect strategy for getting on Soarin before the crowds arrived. Our reservation wasn't until 8:25, but the restaurant wasn't crowded at all - I don't think the tables were ever more than half filled - and they were able to seat us as soon as we arrived. All of the characters passed our table at least 4 times and were super interactive. At one point, Dale took my 2 year old by the hand and led him in a circle around the restaurant. I would definitely recommend breakfast here, especially if you don't have a fastpass for Soarin.
    We spent the evening at the pool. I don't know if this has already been mentioned (or if anyone besides my children care), but the whirling waters whirlpool section was not working, and a lifeguard said it had been broken for a few months but that it was fixed a few days ago, worked for two days and then broke again. My older kids have been known to spend hours whirling around in circles there, so they were bummed for about a minute and then went off to find one of the many other things to do at the pool.
    Mousekeeping has been wonderful so far, both here and at the Grand, and we've had only positive interactions with cast members throughout the parks. I did verify with a different person than my husband talked to at the front desk that, indeed, there are no more clocks in storage at the BC. We have trained my poor kids that if they make a peep before 6:30, they may not live to see 7:00, so they are a bit lost without the clock, but I suppose we'll let them slide for the next few days.
    One other thing to note: if you spend a lot of time on your balcony (we're out here every evening when our kids go to bed) and bugs tend to like you, pack your bug spray in case you end up in a room on the woods side or the resort. This is the second time we've been in a woods room and the mosquitos have snacked on me both times. Of course, my husband hasn't gotten a single bite. I guess I'm just that much sweeter :flower:
    If there is any recon mission anyone would like me to try to take care of while I'm here, please let me know!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!
    The secret door at the YC is close to the boat dock. It is a fire door and convenient for guests staying in the section of the Yacht Club that is closest to the lagoon. We used that secret door all the time the first time we stayed at the YC. Our room was close to that exit door and it was a shorter walk for us to get to the boat, to the International Gateway, Hurricane Hana and the BC when we went out that door. We even used that exit to walk to the lobby to catch a bus because it was nicer to walk outside then through the hallways. The second time we stayed at the YC we never used that door at all. Our room was close to the main elevator and it would have been going out of our way to use it.

The Yacht Club secret door is near the laundry room, marked on this map, close to the marina. You can see that it would be convenient for guests who have a room in that section of the resort. But it wouldn't help anyone staying close to the lobby.

Last edited:

pd1138

Mouseketeer
    Having an awesome time too here at BC! Found the secret BC entrance on our way back from EP tonight and it was awesome! All the CMs here at BC have been super nice. We are living without a clock, but it is not as bad as I thought. Just wish I had a better way to dry all of our bathing suits .....we have been doing a lot of swimming! It is not!!

• HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
    There appears to have been some type of ruckus near the lobby of BC this evening. My son and nephew heard sirens and my wife, daughter and brothers family saw 2 police cars and a sheriffs car and someone with a bloody arm. Stabbing or fight?

I saw and heard nothing

Linleedo

DIS Veteran
    My view from my YC CL room I was upgraded to when I checked in today! I had booked a standard room! Boy did I get upgraded! The regatta club is amazing and the staff very friendly!!!!
    So happy for you! Can't wait to be there in September.

kandb

DIS Veteran
    Why would they get rid of the clocks in the room? Don't all hotel rooms have clocks? It's strange.

• pd1138

Mouseketeer
    I always roll the wet suits up in a towel and stomp on it to squeeze all the water out. Then I hang them up on the clothesline using clothespins that I bring from home. They dry faster that way. :)
    Thanks!! Perfect! Too late for the clothes pins for me for this trip, but I'm doing the rolling in the towel thing tonight after swimming! Clothes pins on list for next trip now!!

pd1138

Mouseketeer
    There appears to have been some type of ruckus near the lobby of BC this evening. My son and nephew heard sirens and my wife, daughter and brothers family saw 2 police cars and a sheriffs car and someone with a bloody arm. Stabbing or fight?

I saw and heard nothing
    DH and little ones were back at our room at 7. Our room is ground level right off the lobby and he heard nothing.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    :wave2:

Hi everyone!

I just want to say you guys are all awesome! I haven't had time to respond much or in an orderly way, so I appreciate that there are so many people here to help out and answer questions. I always keep up with reading posts when I have a spare minute and it puts a smile on my face.

It has been a stressful week for a number of reasons- nothing catastrophic, just stuff not going the way I hoped, but on the plus side, I have been too distracted to think about having to drop my son Nate off at school in a week.

Just thought I would share my thanks!

:goodvibes

Nicholmom3

Mouseketeer
    I'm here at the BC getting ready to start our first full day. We had one heck of a long day yesterday so I'm letting the kids snooze as long as I can before waking them.

I absolutely love our room location. For us, it is as close to perfect as it gets. We are close to the main pool, close to the lobby, and I didn't feel that the busses were a terrible hike at all.
    We have a Juliette balcony but that is ok because the only request I gave was having a day bed. We have a 10 year old boy and a 14 year old girl so sharing a bed would never happen.

I figured we would have a roof view, but we have a garden view over near the volleyball court.
    I'll post pictures of our room tonight when we return.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 627

But what about the shop at the International Gateway. Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...
    :welcome: to the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming trip or are you just following along and hanging with the cool kids?

:goodvibes

View attachment 188331 Enough said....

Pictures of Secret Exit/Entrance
    These are great pictures. I will use them to replace the ones I have for the Secret Exit- my pictures are ancient, so I think an updating of the post is in order.

:magnify:

I know I've been slacking in the comments, had to catch up on 600+ messages, and still have 298 to go. Darn you real life, stop trying to distract me. :wave2:

Anyway, we are a few months past our June BC trip and still bummed that we missed a lot with that overwhelming heat!

I did want to say, however, that DH (who has been really just going to WDW because it makes ME happy) has become a true Beach Club-aholic. We are tentatively planning our Oct 2017 trip and he is super enthusiastic about it. This is the same man who is constantly worried about money. I keep offering suggestions of other resorts to either save money or to try something new and he's like, "Why? I love the beach club. Let's stay there again." I think it was the gym that truly won him over. :rotfl2:

~Cari~ pluto:
    :wave:

A smart man!

Glad to hear we have another convert!

:thumbsup2

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    Wood Nymph's replay was great with map and everything. I'd like to add that there is another "secret entrance" (or fire escape door) on the other side of the gazebo plaza area that is also very useful for those in that particular wing of the building. It saves the hassle of going to the lobby if all you are doing is going out to the lake area to walk to the parks or go to SAB.
    Katesdad

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS